Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 172 of 182
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #158298
August 18, 2014
14 Posts
Posted: June 3, 2015, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

At the gas station today noticed something really disturbing.  This guy dropped 200$ in the vending machine and took out 10 of the Ultimate Riches.  I saw him scratch each one of them.  One after another he was cursing.  All of them came up duds.  I have never in my life seen that.  After a few you would expect maybe a ticket or something.  But he ended up throwing all of them away.  Sad sad state of affairs.

Santa Barbara
    United States
    Member #154772
    April 28, 2014
    95 Posts
    Posted: June 4, 2015, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

At the gas station today noticed something really disturbing.  This guy dropped 200$ in the vending machine and took out 10 of the Ultimate Riches.  I saw him scratch each one of them.  One after another he was cursing.  All of them came up duds.  I have never in my life seen that.  After a few you would expect maybe a ticket or something.  But he ended up throwing all of them away.  Sad sad state of affairs.

I've seen that before.  After the person threw them in the trash I picked all ten out of the trash and entered them in the second chance drawing.

south el monte
      United States
      Member #154982
      May 4, 2014
      65 Posts
      Posted: June 5, 2015, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

I have purchased quite a few in a row like that and not one winner...

been having just nothing but small wins. 50s 3 times on 10$ tickets and a bunch of 20s and 25s dollar wins but nothing over that. Haven't been losing lately though. Getting stale on tickets lately and have stopped purchasing so many.

California
        United States
        Member #147209
        September 25, 2013
        90 Posts
        Posted: June 5, 2015, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

I win in bunches and then it goes quiet.  Just won $100 on the $1,000,000(#38) game and then the next day I wanted to get the same game and the idiot at 7-11 gave me the oldest $20 ticket of the bunch:  $5 Million Jackpot(#24).  I never even played it much so I walked off cursing and on the last row I hit 20X $5 for $100. 

That new $20 game with only a $1 million prize is stupid.  Why play it?  Play a $10 game instead.  If you are going to ask for $20 you need to have a big prize or there is no allure.  The CA Lotto decision-makers are not on point right now.

south el monte
          United States
          Member #154982
          May 4, 2014
          65 Posts
          Posted: June 5, 2015, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

I win in bunches and then it goes quiet.  Just won $100 on the $1,000,000(#38) game and then the next day I wanted to get the same game and the idiot at 7-11 gave me the oldest $20 ticket of the bunch:  $5 Million Jackpot(#24).  I never even played it much so I walked off cursing and on the last row I hit 20X $5 for $100. 

That new $20 game with only a $1 million prize is stupid.  Why play it?  Play a $10 game instead.  If you are going to ask for $20 you need to have a big prize or there is no allure.  The CA Lotto decision-makers are not on point right now.

yes that game looks horrible , i wonder are they going to start lowering the grand prizes. Was looking through some other state lotteries scratch cards. Some have much better prizes. 

. why isnt there a 20 $ game with a 3 million jackpot and a couple of 500,000 prizes.

At one of the spots i frequent some of the 20$ game stay on the same packs  for weeks.  what do people think about buying from places where the tickets don't seem to move that much.

Its the place i won my biggest prize at so i like buying from that spot.

United States
            Member #147165
            September 24, 2013
            507 Posts
            Posted: June 8, 2015, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

I bought set pf 3 Ultimate Riches $20 tickets twice a month for the past 3 months. I got about 5 $20/$25. $50 twice, a $100 win during the time. Million $$ Match is not worth playing anymore with a single $2 million prize remaining as the top possible prize, I really do not know how people got their hands on the $5 million prizes so swiftly. The $5 Million Jackpot is still worthy game to play, the 13th top prize is still in circulation, as well as maybe 3 or 4 $100k prizes, game still has not ended after 21 months; it is one of the last games that is eligibile for the end of game top prize drawing to boot. 

I will not buy Ultimate Riches until the ticket range 1200000 to 1299999 comes out, that is when the 3rd top prize is being circulated. Right now 1 5mil and 1 100k prize is being circulated for the 1000000 to 1199999 range. Right now the hot buy is SuperLotto Plus, the jackpot at 42 million puts the game at a positive return given you take annual payments. Also buying 10 quick picks on a single ticket gets you 30 entries to the 2nd chance draw, and 5 manual picks get you 10 entries to the 2nd chance draw.

Nasty streaks do exist in $10 and $20 games as well as $2 and $5 games. I had a 7 ticket losing streak on the $20 game, ended up only with a single $20 win followed by 2 more losses in a 10 ticket purchase. I agree that the $20 games in this state do need to be better. That does not mean you are invulnerable to a losing streak when you buy 10 tickets one at a time.

I would personally reserve judgement on the $20 Playbook until the payout structure is revealed, we would need to see this month's (June) Retail Product Plan (RPP). If the odds are better than 1 in 1.2 million to win that 1 million dollar top prize, it would be better to play than the 1 in 2.4 or 3 or 6 million for $5 million. The expected return is displayed at 75% from DGin's post so that is a bad sign already when the current $20 games have an expected return of 76%.

United States
              Member #164725
              March 12, 2015
              366 Posts
              Posted: June 9, 2015, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

I gave up on scratchers. And with all the changes in the second chance rules, especially the phasing out of the end of game jackpots, why bother?

United States
                Member #147165
                September 24, 2013
                507 Posts
                Posted: June 9, 2015, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

I gave up on scratchers. And with all the changes in the second chance rules, especially the phasing out of the end of game jackpots, why bother?

Why bother even playing the lottery? Scratchers are not much different. Not like players had a great chance of winning the old 2nd chance anyways.

south el monte
                  United States
                  Member #154982
                  May 4, 2014
                  65 Posts
                  Posted: June 9, 2015, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

I have stopped putting the scratchers online now .
                  way to much work to have a measly chance at winning 25k at most. i throw all the new tickets away now.

United States
                    Member #147165
                    September 24, 2013
                    507 Posts
                    Posted: June 9, 2015, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

I'd take a $1000 win over nothing at all which I never won anything right now, not even 100 free music downloads during the Warner Bros promotion back in 2008.

I use the 2nd chance to validate my tickets as winners/losers before throwing them away, since I get 3 tickets bi monthly, its not much of a hassle any more.

San Diego, SoCal
                      United States
                      Member #164837
                      March 16, 2015
                      18 Posts
                      Posted: June 11, 2015, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

One day and its going to be the day that you least expect it that you will win big. Even $1,000 and I will feel blessed.

Santa Barbara
                        United States
                        Member #154772
                        April 28, 2014
                        95 Posts
                        Posted: June 18, 2015, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

One day and its going to be the day that you least expect it that you will win big. Even $1,000 and I will feel blessed.

I'd feel blessed if I won anything over $20.  These scratchers aren't fun at all. The #14 on a scratcher means it's a LOSER.

San Diego, SoCal
                          United States
                          Member #164837
                          March 16, 2015
                          18 Posts
                          Posted: June 18, 2015, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

I hear ya! All the jackpot winners either come from Orange County , LA or Northern California!

Here in San Diego it hardly rains.

I am not a casual scratcher player just the state bag games. (Fantasy Five and Super lotto)

Super lotto at 45mil. Another commission scam to keep the players happy.

Pasadena, CA
                            United States
                            Member #153326
                            March 13, 2014
                            186 Posts
                            Posted: June 18, 2015, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

I hear ya! All the jackpot winners either come from Orange County , LA or Northern California!

I am not a casual scratcher player just the state bag games. (Fantasy Five and Super lotto)

I stopped at an Ampm in Bonsall which sold a jackpot ticket with an accompanying picture. It was either the Lucky Horseshoe or Lucky Stars or some variation of that $3 game for $30,000. So I guess it DOES happen on occasion, but oh so seldom.

Santa Barbara
                              United States
                              Member #154772
                              April 28, 2014
                              95 Posts
                              Posted: June 19, 2015, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Well the latest Jackpot Winner in the Ultimate Riches game was in Modesto.

Page 172 of 182