Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 165 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
El Monte
United States
Member #160216
October 22, 2014
62 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2015, 12:28 am - IP Logged

If all the top prizes for CA Black have been claimed, then a notice will go out to the retailers to pull the game from their shelves.

San Fran
    United States
    Member #150212
    December 17, 2013
    97 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2015, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Here's something I don't see everyday. 

Customer came in bought a few tickets.  Before he left, he wanted 3 of the new Hit $500 game.  As I was pulling the tickets, they were the last in the row.  He decided to buy the last 4.  He came back later in the day all excited.  2 tickets in a row hit $500 (I believe it was 002 and 003).  I was pleasantly surprised and he was beaming from ear to ear.   Good thing it happened on a Friday.

Good luck everyone.

Thats a nice hit.  So much better than hitting 1k and having to send in a claim form and waiting 180 days for a check.  I hit 500 on the frenzy.  This new 500 hasnt been so nice to me.  Spent about 100-150 and the most i won was 20.

San Fran
      United States
      Member #150212
      December 17, 2013
      97 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2015, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

I've been wondering about the calottery's top prizes remaining and how up-to-date that information is.  Does anyone knows how often that gets updated ?  One of my favorites that I've been playing for a while is California Black scratchers, and have won $500, $100 multiple times.  It still has 11 top prizes remaining, however one of the retailer told me it's all gone, no more Ca. Black and the top prize are all claimed, contrary to what's posted in the page.

The site is slow to update 1k and above but not that slow for 11 tp's.  Im sure this game is not available for restock.  meaning they cant reorder anymore tickets.  Its a dead game.  once they stop selling the tickets and post the cancelation date you will see a bunch of people come out and claim the TP. 

I think there is a lot of scams going on, like that family in San Jose who owned a dry cleaners that sold lotto tickets and they won 3 Set For Life TP's...  They closed shop, claimed the tickets and left the country.

United States
        Member #158298
        August 18, 2014
        14 Posts
        Posted: March 9, 2015, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

The site is slow to update 1k and above but not that slow for 11 tp's.  Im sure this game is not available for restock.  meaning they cant reorder anymore tickets.  Its a dead game.  once they stop selling the tickets and post the cancelation date you will see a bunch of people come out and claim the TP. 

I think there is a lot of scams going on, like that family in San Jose who owned a dry cleaners that sold lotto tickets and they won 3 Set For Life TP's...  They closed shop, claimed the tickets and left the country.

I agree with the scams comment.  A lot of things lately just seem to be too fishy.

San Fran
          United States
          Member #150212
          December 17, 2013
          97 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2015, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Dropped $80 today on some random tickets...  NOTHING!!!, Zero!!!  Crazy.

California
            United States
            Member #147209
            September 25, 2013
            90 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2015, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

The new $20 game is the only one I play now but not everyday.  I think I have bought a total of 15 tickets but won $100 3 times, $250 once and a $20/Ticket 4 times so ROI has been good.  The other games just don't do it for me right now.

Pasadena, CA
              United States
              Member #153326
              March 13, 2014
              186 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2015, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Thats a nice hit.  So much better than hitting 1k and having to send in a claim form and waiting 180 days for a check.  I hit 500 on the frenzy.  This new 500 hasnt been so nice to me.  Spent about 100-150 and the most i won was 20.

I have to call BS on that comment regarding the claim. As a prior winner who had to file a claim for a $1,000 Scratcher win, I took my ticket to the district office on December 9th of last year and picked up my check at the office on the 29th. I don't where you got that insane idea that it would take six freaking months to claim a prize. Sure, the government is mostly slow and inefficient, but not that much so.

El Monte
                United States
                Member #160216
                October 22, 2014
                62 Posts
                Posted: March 11, 2015, 2:25 am - IP Logged

Cliffs on that San Jose dry cleaners??  Did a search on google and came up with nothing.

San Fran
                  United States
                  Member #150212
                  December 17, 2013
                  97 Posts
                  Posted: March 11, 2015, 11:39 am - IP Logged

I have to call BS on that comment regarding the claim. As a prior winner who had to file a claim for a $1,000 Scratcher win, I took my ticket to the district office on December 9th of last year and picked up my check at the office on the 29th. I don't where you got that insane idea that it would take six freaking months to claim a prize. Sure, the government is mostly slow and inefficient, but not that much so.

Call BS all you want.  I hit 1k on 5mil jackpot.  I mailed the ticket in November and i didnt get a check till the end of February.  I would much rather win 2 500s in a row then a 1k...  that was my point... you had to wait 20 days to get a little check.  you would of got the same amount the same day if you hit 2 500s on the same day...  THAT WAS MY POINT! and who has time to drive to the distric office for 1k, twice!

San Fran
                    United States
                    Member #150212
                    December 17, 2013
                    97 Posts
                    Posted: March 11, 2015, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Cliffs on that San Jose dry cleaners??  Did a search on google and came up with nothing.

The last name was Tran or somthing like that.  The details are on this thread.  Not sure what page.

San Fran
                      United States
                      Member #150212
                      December 17, 2013
                      97 Posts
                      Posted: March 11, 2015, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Check page 2 or 3 on this tread: 

My mistake on the same last name.  one of them was differnt, and im sure tran is a very popular name however, the owners of the drycleaners was tran as well and this place has since closed. 

prize_amountproduct_namecreation_dateplayer_lastplayer_firstoutlet_nameaddress
                      $2,000,000SET FOR LIFE4/20/2011TRANKHIEMFAMILY WASH & DRY330 E SANTA CLARA ST, SAN JOSE, CA, 95116
                      $2,000,000SET FOR LIFE4/20/2011TRANYENFAMILY WASH & DRY330 E SANTA CLARA ST, SAN JOSE, CA, 95116
                      $2,000,000SET FOR LIFE4/20/2011THAISAFAMILY WASH & DRY330 E SANTA CLARA ST, SAN JOSE, CA, 95116

United States
                        Member #147165
                        September 24, 2013
                        507 Posts
                        Posted: March 11, 2015, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Check page 2 or 3 on this tread: 

My mistake on the same last name.  one of them was differnt, and im sure tran is a very popular name however, the owners of the drycleaners was tran as well and this place has since closed. 

prize_amountproduct_namecreation_dateplayer_lastplayer_firstoutlet_nameaddress
                        $2,000,000SET FOR LIFE4/20/2011TRANKHIEMFAMILY WASH & DRY330 E SANTA CLARA ST, SAN JOSE, CA, 95116
                        $2,000,000SET FOR LIFE4/20/2011TRANYENFAMILY WASH & DRY330 E SANTA CLARA ST, SAN JOSE, CA, 95116
                        $2,000,000SET FOR LIFE4/20/2011THAISAFAMILY WASH & DRY330 E SANTA CLARA ST, SAN JOSE, CA, 95116

I've seen that thread long time ago. It is likely a misinterpretation to many here, the jackpot win probably was split three ways since the creation date are all the same timestamps and the total prize claimed was not docked down by 3. Splitting is wise to a point where it reduces taxes, but they have to wait out 20 years to get fully paid out.

Tran is a very common Vietnamese last name, San Jose has a high amount of Vietnamese people that reside there. So it is hard to conclude if the store owners is the winner. Coincidentally, the Powerball and Mega Millions winners from San Jose were Vietnamese as well.

I will likely believe the store closed because of the bad reviews it got on Yelp, $10,000 bonus for selling the winning ticket is not much to keep the business alive given the high cost of living in silicon valley.

Pasadena, CA
                          United States
                          Member #153326
                          March 13, 2014
                          186 Posts
                          Posted: March 11, 2015, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Call BS all you want.  I hit 1k on 5mil jackpot.  I mailed the ticket in November and i didnt get a check till the end of February.  I would much rather win 2 500s in a row then a 1k...  that was my point... you had to wait 20 days to get a little check.  you would of got the same amount the same day if you hit 2 500s on the same day...  THAT WAS MY POINT! and who has time to drive to the distric office for 1k, twice!

Agreed that two $500 winners are better--I would obviously much rather have that and claim them at a liquor store--but you claiming that it took three months to claim the prize...that just seems a little off. Besides, November to the end of February is 90 days...you said 180 days in your past post.

United States
                            Member #147165
                            September 24, 2013
                            507 Posts
                            Posted: March 11, 2015, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Agreed that two $500 winners are better--I would obviously much rather have that and claim them at a liquor store--but you claiming that it took three months to claim the prize...that just seems a little off. Besides, November to the end of February is 90 days...you said 180 days in your past post.

I think the 180 days likely comes from: 

"We're not responsible for mail, tickets, or claim forms that are late, lost, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, or illegible. So, protect your prize by keeping a copy of your winning ticket and claim form. And always sign the back of your ticket. Scratcher tickets must be postmarked or received by Lottery offices within 180 days of the announced end of game date."

There is no mention of the timeframe of the length of time it takes to process a winner on the website.

As for the lack of updates on the top prizes, there is an earlier thread where sometimes the lottery will hold off on processing jackpots until for taxation reasons.

San Fran
                              United States
                              Member #150212
                              December 17, 2013
                              97 Posts
                              Posted: March 11, 2015, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Going by the CA website "it can take up to 180 days"...

Page 165 of 182