Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 159 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
Livermore, CA
United States
Member #152910
March 1, 2014
18 Posts
Posted: December 10, 2014, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Decided to buy some CA Scratcher tickets today. I bought five 20X the Money tickets with a $200,000 top prize.

Three tickets are winners. I only found one winning ticket (#1) initially, the others when I tried to enter them into the 2nd Chance game and they were rejected.

Ticket 1:

15 - 3x $1 = $3

44 - 1x $1 = $1

29 - 2x $1 = $2

13 - 2x $1 = $2

33 - 2x $1 = $2

5x - $2 = $10

This ticket then paid back $20. Might note every Winning Number was a winning number. How often does that happen?

Ticket #2:

Fast Spot = $50. Just like that: A $50 winner!

Ticket #3:

39 - $6

Ticket #3 then paid back $6.

So I spent $25 for 5 tickets, and won $76. Net is $51.

Kind of funny, but as I was searching for the reasons why the 2 tickets were rejected for the ticket with the $50 prize I kept focusing on the squares with the big dollar amounts in them you know the $1000, $10,000, and even the $200,000 ones. I didn't even look at the "50" square until my eyes were nearly bleeding.

Same with the 3rd ticket I did the same thing, and of course this time the "50" square contained 52, so I must have run my finger over the card a zillion times missing the lone "39" winning number square with the $6 prize.

Now the question is when I collect my winnings do I buy say 10 more 20X the Money tickets? Or do I switch to another game? Or do I buy of tickets from a variety of games? I'll have to think about that. (As if it makes any difference. After all its just numbers.)

Santa Barbara
    United States
    Member #154772
    April 28, 2014
    95 Posts
    Posted: December 10, 2014, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure how much longer this game will be available.  But the sale of this game has tapered off considerably from when it came out.  I'll be very surprised if the remaining 12 get claimed.

Most places that I stop in are sold out (Card still on display but none available) of the California Black or Emerald 10.  So someone besides me is still buying them.

El Monte
      United States
      Member #160216
      October 22, 2014
      62 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2014, 3:46 am - IP Logged

Most places that I stop in are sold out (Card still on display but none available) of the California Black or Emerald 10.  So someone besides me is still buying them.

Emerald 10 as well?  Hm that is a relatively new game.  That game came out 6-7 weeks ago.  No reason why they shouldn't be carrying them still

On an unrelated note.  For those playing Million Match.  Please read the instructions thoroughly when playing this game.  I had a customer come in thinking she won $20.  Imagine her surprised when I told her that she won $500.  She uncovered a "WIN" above her $20 prize, which means she wins every prize. 

Good luck everyone.

United States
        Member #147165
        September 24, 2013
        507 Posts
        Posted: December 12, 2014, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Last scratcher purchase for the 2014 year

5 Million $$ Match #13-17

$20, $25, $20, Loss, Loss

Holding off until the new replay program comes out next year, till then, good luck everyone!

Santa Barbara
          United States
          Member #154772
          April 28, 2014
          95 Posts
          Posted: December 12, 2014, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Didn't say they stopped carrying them still.  The clerks tell me they are sold out of Emerald 10's and California Black.

United States
            Member #147165
            September 24, 2013
            507 Posts
            Posted: December 14, 2014, 2:56 am - IP Logged

Emerald 10's is doing really well in sales, that will without a doubt continue until most of the top prizes are sold.

Very odd that the top prize claimed is well ahead of the sales pace. The $10,000 and $20,000 prizes are well behind on the sales pace too.

Livermore, CA
              United States
              Member #152910
              March 1, 2014
              18 Posts
              Posted: December 14, 2014, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Yesterday I won $130 from 7 Emeralds. A $20, a $10, and a $100 winner.

United States
                Member #147165
                September 24, 2013
                507 Posts
                Posted: December 17, 2014, 1:51 am - IP Logged

The details for the new 2nd Chance Program is out

http://www.calottery.com/happenings/scratchers-2nd-chance

I personally like the changes of having 32 winners splitting 100k every week, with each ticket amount being weighted by the price of ticket entered in.

No more end of game draws for the newer games from January 2015 and on. The limit is cut to 500 a month down from a 1000. That part is bad for the high rollers. I hope I can at least win at least one of the $1000 prizes next year.

Holding off on scratchers the rest of the year.

El Monte
                  United States
                  Member #160216
                  October 22, 2014
                  62 Posts
                  Posted: December 17, 2014, 2:01 am - IP Logged

This part is particularly interesting:

All eligible non-winning Scratchers launched BEFORE January 1, 2015 and submitted into 2nd Chance AFTER January 1, 2015, will be entered into that game’s specific End of Game draw AND the Weekly Pool draw! See FAQ’s below for more information.

I'd hold off entering any tickets until the start of the new year so you can get entered into both draws.

I understand limiting the amount of tickets entered per month.  But what's to keep someone from just creating more accounts using multiple different emails???

El Monte
                    United States
                    Member #160216
                    October 22, 2014
                    62 Posts
                    Posted: December 17, 2014, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

New games are out today. 

Good luck everyone.

Pasadena, CA
                      United States
                      Member #153326
                      March 13, 2014
                      186 Posts
                      Posted: December 17, 2014, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

New games are out today. 

Good luck everyone.

Love the new replay program, but my God...same old crap as always for the January tickets! Except the Chinese ticket is now in a $2 version.

Livermore, CA
                        United States
                        Member #152910
                        March 1, 2014
                        18 Posts
                        Posted: December 21, 2014, 12:14 am - IP Logged

More winners every week nice. I've entered thousands of times and haven't won a dime. Got several hundred chances coming up Jan 7. I'm already prepared to be disappointed.

south el monte
                          United States
                          Member #154982
                          May 4, 2014
                          64 Posts
                          Posted: December 21, 2014, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

dislike the new 2nd chance programs... the  end of game jackpot  is the only reason i enter into the 2nd chance raffle because id rather someone win or at least hypothetically have a chance to win a life changing jackpot... i dont enter in 2nd chance tickets less then 10$ besides the 5$ lucky lifes....... i dont like it at all.......

Livermore, CA
                            United States
                            Member #152910
                            March 1, 2014
                            18 Posts
                            Posted: December 21, 2014, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Have to agree with you. The Scratchers 2nd Chance end of game jackpot is a life changing amount, at least the biggest ones (I'm thinking $750K or bigger). Losing the chance (albeit a small chance) of wining that pot of gold at end of the rainbow is a bit of a downer. Even winning 2 100K jackpots is not the same.

I enter every ticket. Along with the end of game jackpot -- admittedly a $50 "winner" ain't going to be that life changer jackpot -- one gets an entry into a $20K drawing. Still not a life changing jackpot to be sure. But it would make typing in all the <snip> numbers worth it.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                              Los Angeles, California
                              United States
                              Member #149492
                              December 2, 2013
                              919 Posts
                              Posted: December 21, 2014, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Not a fan of the changes either.  It's another mechanism to reduce payouts (increase profits), along with the odds creeping up this year with top prizes.  Think about it.  $100,000 x 52 weeks is $5.2 million.  They're getting rid of end of game payouts starting with new Scratchers.  The end of game payout for one $20 game alone is $5 million.  Add up all the other games plus the quarterly payouts, and you'll see that this new "improved" 2nd chance program is far from that.

Page 159 of 182