Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 162 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
south el monte
United States
Member #154982
May 4, 2014
64 Posts
Posted: January 14, 2015, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Where are you seeing this?

a lottery poster at my local 7-11....

El Monte
    United States
    Member #160216
    October 22, 2014
    62 Posts
    Posted: January 15, 2015, 3:49 am - IP Logged

Most of the time if the retailer is putting it in properly, they're going to come out in reverse order.  The only way to have them come out the other way is to flip the ticket upside down, which would make it more difficult for people to discern what ticket you're selling.

The exception are the dispensers that are counter mounted.  The orientation of the ticket that is being sold has nothing to do with the separate ticket that is on display.  Hope that makes sense.

United States
      Member #158298
      August 18, 2014
      14 Posts
      Posted: January 15, 2015, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

im back in the game again!  i bought 4 20x the moneys today and i kid you not but all were winners.  came out with 56$ for a net win of 36.

i have never had that happen to me before.  so hopefully 2015 will be a good year.

Livermore, CA
        United States
        Member #152910
        March 1, 2014
        18 Posts
        Posted: January 17, 2015, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Update of sorts... Had hundreds of CA Lottery 2nd Chance entries in play for a Jan 7 draw involving 6 or more games from an $800 to a $1M jackpot, and not one winner.

While on the road last month and the early part of this month I played a few Texas scratchers. I forget how much I spent (but not much, maybe $30?) to to win $10. And overlooked one $1 winning ticket on the seat so only cashed in $9 worth of winning Texas scratcher tickets.

Pasadena, CA
          United States
          Member #153326
          March 13, 2014
          186 Posts
          Posted: January 17, 2015, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Bought two Emerald 10's (dud, $50) at a Chevron and then went to Smart & Final of all places and got a one and done Millionaires Club $100 winner. (1 number match) What surprised me is that Smart & Final sells lottery tickets! Is this a new thing? Maybe it's just because I don't go to S&F that much.

LA CA
            United States
            Member #118691
            November 6, 2011
            416 Posts
            Posted: January 21, 2015, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

On the $10 Emerald has anyone gotten the "emerald" symbol or '10' anytime? I have played so many times and all I see is $$ or nothing.

San Gabriel, CA
              United States
              Member #134310
              October 24, 2012
              85 Posts
              Posted: January 22, 2015, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

On the $10 Emerald has anyone gotten the "emerald" symbol or '10' anytime? I have played so many times and all I see is $$ or nothing.

I've gotten the black 10 symbol twice. I believe it was a $100 and $200 win.

United States
                Member #158298
                August 18, 2014
                14 Posts
                Posted: January 28, 2015, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

bought 7 of the 2$ taxes paid new scratchers... all duds. not a good day.

Santa Barbara
                  United States
                  Member #154772
                  April 28, 2014
                  95 Posts
                  Posted: February 2, 2015, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Stopped in to cash a winning scratcher at a local 76 gas station.  A clerk at the gas station won 5K on a scratcher.  The kicker is he's splitting the win with someone else. Sounds a little shady.

Santa Barbara
                    United States
                    Member #154772
                    April 28, 2014
                    95 Posts
                    Posted: February 3, 2015, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Looks like one of the $1M Taxes Paid top prizes has been claimed.

El Monte
                      United States
                      Member #160216
                      October 22, 2014
                      62 Posts
                      Posted: February 5, 2015, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Those are always really fishy.  Get too many of those and they'll have investigators coming to their store to make sure they're not paying out tickets that are supposed to be submitted via claim forms.

south el monte
                        United States
                        Member #154982
                        May 4, 2014
                        64 Posts
                        Posted: February 8, 2015, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

been playing the 20$ millions match and the 10$ lucky life... Has not been kind to me.

millions $$match purchased 6 in a row. All losers..

have purchased 7 10$ lucky lifes and won 15$ on one and the rest losers...my results were upsetting so taking a week long break on scratchers...

United States
                          Member #147165
                          September 24, 2013
                          507 Posts
                          Posted: February 15, 2015, 1:31 am - IP Logged

been playing the 20$ millions match and the 10$ lucky life... Has not been kind to me.

millions $$match purchased 6 in a row. All losers..

have purchased 7 10$ lucky lifes and won 15$ on one and the rest losers...my results were upsetting so taking a week long break on scratchers...

Yeah I have not been winning on those Million $$ Match games.

Bought 5 last month and 5 this month, all of them losers. It supposed to have more winners in theory, but its been the most unkind game I've ever played.

Sad part is, next week, there will be another new $20 Ultimate Riches game that is similar theme to Million $$ Match even though the current game has half of its top prizes remaining. That game will be of less value since it is not eligible for the grand prize 2nd chance draw.

Santa Barbara
                            United States
                            Member #154772
                            April 28, 2014
                            95 Posts
                            Posted: February 16, 2015, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I have not been winning on those Million $$ Match games.

Bought 5 last month and 5 this month, all of them losers. It supposed to have more winners in theory, but its been the most unkind game I've ever played.

Sad part is, next week, there will be another new $20 Ultimate Riches game that is similar theme to Million $$ Match even though the current game has half of its top prizes remaining. That game will be of less value since it is not eligible for the grand prize 2nd chance draw.

Right, in theory supposed to have more winners. I've been saying there is a flaw in that theory for a while now. I avoid those $20 scratchers all together. Just a waste of money.

San Fran
                              United States
                              Member #150212
                              December 17, 2013
                              97 Posts
                              Posted: February 18, 2015, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

Hey all!  I haven’t posted here in a while nor have i bought too many scratch tickets in the past few months.  Seems the CA lottery has dramatically decreased the amount of JP winnings in the $10 and $20 tickets and the new 2nd chance drawing sucks that they don’t have top prizes anymore.  why all the changes!?!? 

I also noticed a drop in my winnings as well.  That’s why I don’t play so heavy now.  Anyone else feeling this to?  I think they are getting too greedy

Page 162 of 182