Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 8:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 58 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
gnozahs's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United States
Member #148996
November 17, 2013
28 Posts
Posted: December 13, 2013, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Not much action going on these days.

Contrary to this thread, I have been buying SuperLotto Plus tickets lately since the jackpot is growing and the 2nd chance promotion. Probably a jackpot will hit since Powerball is reset. Probably will go back to scratchers soon.

Looking at the 2nd chance programs for Fantasy 5 and SuperLotto Plus, I wish the Pool drawings for scratchers were more frequent and more winners selected.

10 $1k winners every 3 months and a top prize (ranging from 9 to 18 months frequency)

compared to the weekly

12 $1k winners and 3 $10k winners for Fantasy 5

5 $15k winners for SLP

I've been playing $5 a draw on SLP for the past 2-3 weeks and only won $1 so far. Still trying though!

United States
    Member #147165
    September 24, 2013
    507 Posts
    Posted: December 13, 2013, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing $5 a draw on SLP for the past 2-3 weeks and only won $1 so far. Still trying though!

I tried playing 50 a draw at a time  for the last 2 weeks to just put in more entries to the 2nd chance drawing. So my scratchers budget is depleted.

Though 1 in 41.7 million odds is extremly high, but in draw games, buying past 20 the odds dimish fast.

Number of Tickets - Odds Improvement

2 - 50%

3 -  66.67%

4 - 75%

5 - 80%

10 - 90%

20 - 95%

50 - 98%

100 - 99%

200 - 99.5% 

500 - 99.8%

1000 - 99.9% still in 1 in 41,700 of winning! (Tougher than taking the first 7 cards from a 52 card deck [Texas Hold em style] and getting a Royal Flush on a random card shuffle)

LA CA
      United States
      Member #118691
      November 6, 2011
      416 Posts
      Posted: December 14, 2013, 12:40 am - IP Logged

Got the last Fortune (000) (reverse order sale) from a liquor store in Glendale and won $20.

United States
        Member #150004
        December 14, 2013
        1 Posts
        Posted: December 14, 2013, 3:54 am - IP Logged

Hello.
        I usually buy 100-300 worth each time. Play cash up, diamond millionaire, silver 7
        Diamond millionaire - $1000 (#19) few others, don't remember.

But the point of my post is to tell everyone about my consecutive busts.

I bought 15 tickets of ca$H up, At shell in monterey park, 10 consecutive cards were blanks! Odds are supposed to be less than 1 in 4 (1 in 3.57!) WTF!? #27-#36 and #37 was free ticket! Ultimate bs.

Before this my longest streak was 6 consecutive cards of 1,000,000 fortune. Those were purchased at doughnut shop in Glendale.

In my experience, totally coincidence I'm sure, but the games that just started have more winners. I bought ca$h up when I first started. $70 worth of tickets, won $85 dollars. 2 consecutive ones as well.

Diamond millionaire same thing. Bought $160 worth, won $180. Went back to the same Liqour store in monterey park and bought 6 more cards. 4 in a row bust. 14,15,16,17. Figured 18 had to be a winner, ran back. 18 was sold already. Bought 19,20,21,22. 19 was the 1,000 prize. 20-22 were 0.

So I agree with the previous post, unless he was talking about just SLP. The more tickets you buy, better chances to hit. But I will never buy a whole roll. I believe it's evening out your chances to put you closer to that 40% return.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #103813
          January 5, 2011
          1530 Posts
          Posted: December 14, 2013, 9:20 am - IP Logged

Hello.
          I usually buy 100-300 worth each time. Play cash up, diamond millionaire, silver 7

I bought 15 tickets of ca$H up, At shell in monterey park, 10 consecutive cards were blanks! Odds are supposed to be less than 1 in 4 (1 in 3.57!) WTF!? #27-#36 and #37 was free ticket! Ultimate bs.

Before this my longest streak was 6 consecutive cards of 1,000,000 fortune. Those were purchased at doughnut shop in Glendale.

In my experience, totally coincidence I'm sure, but the games that just started have more winners. I bought ca$h up when I first started. $70 worth of tickets, won $85 dollars. 2 consecutive ones as well.

Diamond millionaire same thing. Bought $160 worth, won $180. Went back to the same Liqour store in monterey park and bought 6 more cards. 4 in a row bust. 14,15,16,17. Figured 18 had to be a winner, ran back. 18 was sold already. Bought 19,20,21,22. 19 was the 1,000 prize. 20-22 were 0.

So I agree with the previous post, unless he was talking about just SLP. The more tickets you buy, better chances to hit. But I will never buy a whole roll. I believe it's evening out your chances to put you closer to that 40% return.

Congrats on your $1K win on Diamond Mil.

Cheers

That must've looked nice.

LA CA
            United States
            Member #118691
            November 6, 2011
            416 Posts
            Posted: December 14, 2013, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Jon 

Do you have statistics on how many folks won top prize on the first or the last ticket in a roll? (000 or the last one say 049 in a roll of 50).

Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #103813
              January 5, 2011
              1530 Posts
              Posted: December 14, 2013, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

Jon 

Do you have statistics on how many folks won top prize on the first or the last ticket in a roll? (000 or the last one say 049 in a roll of 50).

No, nothing. They hide the ticket numbers of top prizes if they ever show it.

I think they could be anywhere though, from the few stories we've heard about. Probably same for any high-tier prize.($600 and up)

Mid-tier prizes,($25-599) I suspect there may be some manipulation and deliberate placement, but even then they probably move it around on you.

Low-tier prizes,($1-24) are supposed to be random, and from what I've seen that is true.

LA CA
                United States
                Member #118691
                November 6, 2011
                416 Posts
                Posted: December 14, 2013, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

No, nothing. They hide the ticket numbers of top prizes if they ever show it.

I think they could be anywhere though, from the few stories we've heard about. Probably same for any high-tier prize.($600 and up)

Mid-tier prizes,($25-599) I suspect there may be some manipulation and deliberate placement, but even then they probably move it around on you.

Low-tier prizes,($1-24) are supposed to be random, and from what I've seen that is true.

Okay cool. Guess what...I was in the Canoga Park area this afternoon and stopped at a random liquor store to cash my $20 win on 000 Fortune...I saw the guy had the $10 Fortunes on sale..Its rare there days..so I got another 2 of Fortunes with the prize money and guess what their numbers were.......Yes its 000 and 001....I still haven't scratched it..waiting to throw some pixie dust on it ..

LA CA
                  United States
                  Member #118691
                  November 6, 2011
                  416 Posts
                  Posted: December 14, 2013, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Okay cool. Guess what...I was in the Canoga Park area this afternoon and stopped at a random liquor store to cash my $20 win on 000 Fortune...I saw the guy had the $10 Fortunes on sale..Its rare there days..so I got another 2 of Fortunes with the prize money and guess what their numbers were.......Yes its 000 and 001....I still haven't scratched it..waiting to throw some pixie dust on it ..

Just scratched and won nothing.....ziltch  on both..

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                    Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #149492
                    December 2, 2013
                    919 Posts
                    Posted: December 15, 2013, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Hello.

Congrats on your win!

As far as consecutive blanks, I saw this today with $5 Mega Crossword scratchers.  9 straight losers, one winner, and then 4 more consecutive losers.  Not sure what ticket #37 won, but that's a lot of losers with only one winner in 14 tickets. 

mega crossword

Los Angeles, California
                      United States
                      Member #103813
                      January 5, 2011
                      1530 Posts
                      Posted: December 15, 2013, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on your win!

As far as consecutive blanks, I saw this today with $5 Mega Crossword scratchers.  9 straight losers, one winner, and then 4 more consecutive losers.  Not sure what ticket #37 won, but that's a lot of losers with only one winner in 14 tickets. 

mega crossword

Yep, that's the problem with win chasing, you sometimes run into long strings of losers (or mostly losers) and have to be prepared to dump a lot of cash. But you can also sometimes get big winners. It's higher stakes basically.

Is it better than buying a bunch at a time? I don't think either has an advantage necessarily. Hawking on the other hand, can have an advantage, especially if the clerk is doing it. And also, buying just 1 ticket in a store full of chasers or hawks can be a disadvantage.

Los Angeles, California
                        United States
                        Member #103813
                        January 5, 2011
                        1530 Posts
                        Posted: December 17, 2013, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

I got a $10 20x Xword while out buying a MM ticket for tonight. Was a $75 Fast spot winner. Biggest win of December.

I usually cut way down on scratch play during the holiday season. But single buy scratch wins are always a nice surprise. If MM somehow rolls tonight, I'll use some of the credit to dump on a $1 Billion MM JP!

United States
                          Member #147165
                          September 24, 2013
                          507 Posts
                          Posted: December 17, 2013, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

I got a $10 20x Xword while out buying a MM ticket for tonight. Was a $75 Fast spot winner. Biggest win of December.

I usually cut way down on scratch play during the holiday season. But single buy scratch wins are always a nice surprise. If MM somehow rolls tonight, I'll use some of the credit to dump on a $1 Billion MM JP!

Was wondering how many MM or SLP ticket do you guys get if you guys pplay? I know the odds improvement for draw games diminishes after 20 tickets, where 1 additional ticket will improve your odds of winning by less than 1%. After 100 tickets, you are stuck at 99% and goes fractional.

Currently using Scratcher budget to play these draw games with resounding jackpots.

Last night I went the extra mile to buy 10 Diamond Millionaires, did not turn out good.

#18 - 27

3 out of 10 were winners

#20 - Ticket

#21 - $20 ($10 x 2)

#22 - $10 ($5 x 2)

United States
                            Member #148996
                            November 17, 2013
                            28 Posts
                            Posted: December 17, 2013, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

Nice!

United States
                              Member #148996
                              November 17, 2013
                              28 Posts
                              Posted: December 17, 2013, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

Was wondering how many MM or SLP ticket do you guys get if you guys pplay? I know the odds improvement for draw games diminishes after 20 tickets, where 1 additional ticket will improve your odds of winning by less than 1%. After 100 tickets, you are stuck at 99% and goes fractional.

Currently using Scratcher budget to play these draw games with resounding jackpots.

Last night I went the extra mile to buy 10 Diamond Millionaires, did not turn out good.

#18 - 27

3 out of 10 were winners

#20 - Ticket

#21 - $20 ($10 x 2)

#22 - $10 ($5 x 2)

On SLP, I always put down $5.

Page 58 of 182