Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 63 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #62713
July 6, 2008
3715 Posts
Posted: January 3, 2014, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Hip hip hooray!

I bought this ticket in Westminster.

First winning ticket for me > $200

To help shed my disbelief, I entered it on second chance and smiled when it was rejected :-)

winning ticket

Biggest Win I've seen here in Years !!! Thanks for sharing !!! CONGRTATSParty

Keep moving Forward.

green sandals's avatar - bxvg
    Costa Mesa
    United States
    Member #150634
    December 27, 2013
    157 Posts
    Posted: January 3, 2014, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on your nice win!!  So cool to see a picture of the winning ticket too.

Hey, I wouldn't be surprised if you win another big one.  There are numerous stories of multiple winners.  Wink

I'm new here, and learned a ton already - LP is a cool place to hang out...

Thanks bud.

I feel the same about LP.

Costa Mesa
      United States
      Member #150634
      December 27, 2013
      157 Posts
      Posted: January 4, 2014, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Lucki723

LA, CA
        United States
        Member #123485
        February 22, 2012
        22 Posts
        Posted: January 6, 2014, 9:49 am - IP Logged

Thats fantastic!  Great hit!

United States
          Member #147165
          September 24, 2013
          507 Posts
          Posted: January 6, 2014, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Played some California Gold as a stop gap until the Black Exclusive comes out

#38 - 41 - Loss, Loss, $15 ($5 x 3), Loss

Costa Mesa
            United States
            Member #150634
            December 27, 2013
            157 Posts
            Posted: January 6, 2014, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Thats fantastic!  Great hit!

Thanks LofA.

I'm also including a big thank you to anyone who thanks me in the future.  I hope we find ourselves congratulating each other for many Scratcher wins in the new year 2014.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
              Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #149492
              December 2, 2013
              919 Posts
              Posted: January 7, 2014, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

I noticed another $1 million prize was won on $1M Fortune.  The top prize count went from 5 to 4 just recently too.  It's now down to 3.  I noticed a lot of heavy play in the last few weeks with this game.  I was thinking the game was overdue for some top prize wins based on sales and claimed lower tier prize percentages.  Hmmm, I wonder if some more TP's are on retailer shelves or just sitting in their distribution warehouse, as this game is likely to end soon.

On another note, I wonder why it takes so long for them to update the top prize remaining list.  We all know there is at least one top prize winner in the new 20X The Money game, there's even a photo of the winner with the giant check on their website for crying out loud.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #103813
                January 5, 2011
                1530 Posts
                Posted: January 7, 2014, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

I noticed another $1 million prize was won on $1M Fortune.  The top prize count went from 5 to 4 just recently too.  It's now down to 3.  I noticed a lot of heavy play in the last few weeks with this game.  I was thinking the game was overdue for some top prize wins based on sales and claimed lower tier prize percentages.  Hmmm, I wonder if some more TP's are on retailer shelves or just sitting in their distribution warehouse, as this game is likely to end soon.

On another note, I wonder why it takes so long for them to update the top prize remaining list.  We all know there is at least one top prize winner in the new 20X The Money game, there's even a photo of the winner with the giant check on their website for crying out loud.

Yep, the trouble is you never know when it was sold, unless you go digging and research.

We know in the past it can sometimes be several weeks or months between the sale date and the claim date. And we also know that it can sometimes be several weeks or months between the claim date and the posting on the website prize claim counts. So those #5 and #4 remaining could have been sold long ago for all we know.

Why would someone wait? The conspiracy theorist in me can think of many reasons.

But I remember the most curious and suspicious case a few years ago, where three Set for Life top prizes of $2M were claimed on the same day, from the same store, with same or similar vietnamese family names:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/250725/2711650

You just never see this.(top prizes for a game at same store, much less same claim day)

Were they all found around the same time and claimed the same day, or some of them held onto for a while and then the family claimed the same day? And then the store closed shop after that. I'm sure there was nothing funny going on....sure of it... Confused

Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #149492
                  December 2, 2013
                  919 Posts
                  Posted: January 7, 2014, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Yep, the trouble is you never know when it was sold, unless you go digging and research.

We know in the past it can sometimes be several weeks or months between the sale date and the claim date. And we also know that it can sometimes be several weeks or months between the claim date and the posting on the website prize claim counts. So those #5 and #4 remaining could have been sold long ago for all we know.

Why would someone wait? The conspiracy theorist in me can think of many reasons.

But I remember the most curious and suspicious case a few years ago, where three Set for Life top prizes of $2M were claimed on the same day, from the same store, with same or similar vietnamese family names:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/250725/2711650

You just never see this.(top prizes for a game at same store, much less same claim day)

Were they all found around the same time and claimed the same day, or some of them held onto for a while and then the family claimed the same day? And then the store closed shop after that. I'm sure there was nothing funny going on....sure of it... Confused

I read your linked post.  It's so suspicious on so many levels.  Shocked

Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #103813
                    January 5, 2011
                    1530 Posts
                    Posted: January 7, 2014, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

For the 20X the Money, I did actually ask them about this last week, but typically, no response.

I have seen some cases in the past of quick prize claim updates. Based on one of their published news story which stated when the buyer bought and claimed the ticket, sometimes it is fast. They buy the ticket, and a day or two later claim it, and then a couple days after that it shows up on the website table as claimed.

But you never know when the table is timely or not, or even if the update/increment is from the most recent news story, or just catching up from before. You can never really trust those numbers completely.

Los Angeles, California
                      United States
                      Member #103813
                      January 5, 2011
                      1530 Posts
                      Posted: January 9, 2014, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

Looks like they finally posted that first top prize claim for 20X the Money.

Tried some today, finally got a mid-tier prize:

#033-036: 0, tkt, tkt, $100 - the $100 was a fast spot $50 plus 5@ $10 matches.

California
                        United States
                        Member #147209
                        September 25, 2013
                        90 Posts
                        Posted: January 9, 2014, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Good job on that one.

I picked up a Gold yesterday and won $100 on a "Win All" spots $5 each spot.

Ticket was #014

San Fran
                          United States
                          Member #150212
                          December 17, 2013
                          97 Posts
                          Posted: January 9, 2014, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

New here!  Have been playing CA scratchers for some time and started heavy into the 2nd chance drawing.  Anyone else here do the 2nd chance drawing?  I've been able to amass an inventory of about 6k tickets and enter the full 1k per month for 2 accounts (mine and my wife).  Anyone have any good strategies for the 2nd chance?

Los Angeles, California
                            United States
                            Member #149492
                            December 2, 2013
                            919 Posts
                            Posted: January 9, 2014, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

New here!  Have been playing CA scratchers for some time and started heavy into the 2nd chance drawing.  Anyone else here do the 2nd chance drawing?  I've been able to amass an inventory of about 6k tickets and enter the full 1k per month for 2 accounts (mine and my wife).  Anyone have any good strategies for the 2nd chance?

Welcome to LP.

Yeah, I do.  Although there is only one top prize for each ended game, if you enter enough tickets, the odds are way better than winning the top prize playing the original game.  It's amazing how many people have no interest in 2nd chance and simply throw their losing tickets away.

I've also been entering the weekly SuperLotto and Fantasy 5 2nd chance drawings.  I only started in November, but no wins so far.  Unhappy  I'm not sure if there are any strategies for the online version, other than enter as many as you can within their limits.  I read when people were mailing tickets in, some people would intentionally crumple their tickets in the hopes that aids in those tickets being picked.

United States
                              Member #151188
                              January 9, 2014
                              10 Posts
                              Posted: January 9, 2014, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Hello I'm new here too. I'm just wondering, do you keep/throw your original tickets after entering them to the 2nd chance draw?

Page 63 of 182