Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 62 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
green sandals's avatar - bxvg
Costa Mesa
United States
Member #150634
December 27, 2013
157 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2014, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Hi Duckman

Thanks and Happy New Year

Hope I'm not sounding too redundant thanking everyone who's congratulating me.

Costa Mesa
    United States
    Member #150634
    December 27, 2013
    157 Posts
    Posted: January 2, 2014, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Found out about the Scratcher games coming out in February.

$1 Electric 8's          top prize 888

$2 Monkey Roll         top prize 20,000

$5 Mega Crossword  top prize 75,000

$10 Black Exclusive   top prize 1,000,000

California
      United States
      Member #147209
      September 25, 2013
      90 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2014, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Awesome win man.  Great job.

California
        United States
        Member #147209
        September 25, 2013
        90 Posts
        Posted: January 2, 2014, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Picked up my first 2 Scratchers for 2014:

Gold #115235 - 42  $100 Fast Spot Winner

Lucky For Life $10 #697928 - 31 $50 Money Bag Winner

Not a bad way to start the year.

Costa Mesa
          United States
          Member #150634
          December 27, 2013
          157 Posts
          Posted: January 2, 2014, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Thanks bud.

United States
            Member #147165
            September 24, 2013
            507 Posts
            Posted: January 3, 2014, 3:12 am - IP Logged

Found out about the Scratcher games coming out in February.

$1 Electric 8's          top prize 888

$2 Monkey Roll         top prize 20,000

$5 Mega Crossword  top prize 75,000

$10 Black Exclusive   top prize 1,000,000

I've been away from the forums for a few days due to a hangover with the MM and SLP jackpot games as my scratcher budget got depleted.

Anyhow, congrats on such a nice find! I've played regularly for 8 years and have not found a winner bigger than $500. Need a win like that to negate all my losses.

Hopefully you will play at least a little more scratchers and hang around the forums here.

Lets all hope for good results in the new year of 2014!

For the $10 Black Exclusive game, there will be a special promotional game for it but there are no details for it. I will think about saving up to play this in bulk rather than Diamond Millioniare (the 7th Top Prize has been claimed!) and the California Gold games.

http://www.calottery.com/happenings/ca-black-exclusive

United States
              Member #147165
              September 24, 2013
              507 Posts
              Posted: January 3, 2014, 3:14 am - IP Logged

That's the thing about new games. When they first come out, flood the market, and with typical high sales for new games, it's likely there are a couple top prizes in circulation at retailers. You never know when one can be found, it could be real quick. Later on many months later, sales are slower and there may only be 1 top prize in retailers at a given time.(the rest at the warehouse)

But actually, right now is about the right time for 1 to be claimed, sales wise. The game itself is about 94% sold, and the 1 top prize found makes the top prizes 94% claimed.

The retailer wouldn't get a bonus in this case, Scratcher prize value has to be $1Million or more:

http://www.calottery.com/retailer/partnership-support/fun-games

http://static.sc-www.calottery.com/~/media/Retailer/policies-regulations/Retailer%20Incentives%20October%202013.pdf

Thanks for the clarification.

Not sure what incentive the clerk will get out of it, but I know its 1% for the low tier winners.

The article about the 20X The Money top prize winner is on the webpage: http://www.calottery.com/media/press-releases/press-release?Item={5128DE86-A641-4D1C-AE08-503AE57D8CD0}

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #103813
                January 5, 2011
                1530 Posts
                Posted: January 3, 2014, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the clarification.

Not sure what incentive the clerk will get out of it, but I know its 1% for the low tier winners.

The article about the 20X The Money top prize winner is on the webpage: http://www.calottery.com/media/press-releases/press-release?Item={5128DE86-A641-4D1C-AE08-503AE57D8CD0}

On the 20X Money, this is a clear example of how delayed they can be in updating prize claims on the website table. The 1st top prize was claimed a week ago, but they still show 0 of 17 prizes claimed. Sometimes it can go for weeks or more before they update, so you can't always trust the counters.(maybe I'll remind them again and it might show up)

Whoops, I see I goofed again on the wording in previous post. Meant to say that the top prizes should be 94% remaining and the 20X Money game itself is now sold thru at about 88% remaining. Still a good buy...if we assume the prize claim counts are accurate, which we know they're not. Wink

As for the 1% Commission, that is somewhat misleading for them to call it commission, it's really the store's profit margin for the act of cashing. The clerk don't see any of that in all likelihood. That's why they're such a pain about cashing tickets sometimes. Several times I've gone to cash a $500 winner and they say, "I don't have the money, sorry." Hey, that's their job to cash $599 and under!

But they only get 1 cent on the dollar for cashing tickets. They get 6 cents on the dollar for sales. But still, they'd rather sell you a candy bar or can of soda or bottle of liquor, which have better than 6% profit margin.

LA CA
                  United States
                  Member #118691
                  November 6, 2011
                  416 Posts
                  Posted: January 3, 2014, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Someone recently won the $1mil on $10 Fortune...Now only 4 top prizes remaining..

What do you guys think of $5 LFL ? Isn't it due for a JP hit?

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                    Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #149492
                    December 2, 2013
                    919 Posts
                    Posted: January 3, 2014, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

I also wouldn't be surprised due to its very low ticket count that some JP tickets are simply thrown away, skewing the "real" top prize remaining percentage.  We, of course, will never know.

Just in the last several weeks, I found four $10 tickets with matching numbers thrown away without prizes scratched off because the player thought they were losers.  I'm still amazed at people that only take a sliver of latex coating off and try to match numbers that way without scanning the 2D codes for verification especially on $10 and $20 tickets. Those are the "perceived losers" I'm finding thrown away because they missed numbers thinking they were something else.

Initially, the $5M winning ticket was thrown away too; he was fortunate he didn't scratch it at the store and toss it into the recycle bin there...

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                      Los Angeles, California
                      United States
                      Member #103813
                      January 5, 2011
                      1530 Posts
                      Posted: January 3, 2014, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

I also wouldn't be surprised due to its very low ticket count that some JP tickets are simply thrown away, skewing the "real" top prize remaining percentage.  We, of course, will never know.

Just in the last several weeks, I found four $10 tickets with matching numbers thrown away without prizes scratched off because the player thought they were losers.  I'm still amazed at people that only take a sliver of latex coating off and try to match numbers that way without scanning the 2D codes for verification especially on $10 and $20 tickets. Those are the "perceived losers" I'm finding thrown away because they missed numbers thinking they were something else.

Initially, the $5M winning ticket was thrown away too; he was fortunate he didn't scratch it at the store and toss it into the recycle bin there...

Yep, you got that right. People throw away lots of winners, even right there in the store in the trash can next to the ticket scanner!

I know an old guy that goes around to the stores in my neighborhood and does nothing but play on free found money dug out from the trash cans. Easily $20-$30 a day, and some people have claimed $50-$100 a week.

And yeah, the lottery often likes to "hide" top prizes as single number matches, so they might get thrown away like ticket value single number matches that people often overlook.

Other games with high throwaway percentage: Crosswords. Often the 2 or 3 word ticket value wins. And the Triple Play series is the highest throwaway percentage of all, because of the confusing game feature of both number match, but also match 3 like prizes. Very easy for a new player to throw away. It's got like 10% throwaways on ticket value wins!

Olney, MD
                        United States
                        Member #121536
                        January 11, 2012
                        450 Posts
                        Posted: January 3, 2014, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

I find winners that people throw away on occasion also.  Not that often though.  What did your $10 tickets that you found win?

Los Angeles, California
                          United States
                          Member #149492
                          December 2, 2013
                          919 Posts
                          Posted: January 3, 2014, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

I find winners that people throw away on occasion also.  Not that often though.  What did your $10 tickets that you found win?

Small stuff. 

(two) - Tickets, (one) - $10, and (one) - $15

Costa Mesa
                            United States
                            Member #150634
                            December 27, 2013
                            157 Posts
                            Posted: January 3, 2014, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

I've been away from the forums for a few days due to a hangover with the MM and SLP jackpot games as my scratcher budget got depleted.

Anyhow, congrats on such a nice find! I've played regularly for 8 years and have not found a winner bigger than $500. Need a win like that to negate all my losses.

Hopefully you will play at least a little more scratchers and hang around the forums here.

Lets all hope for good results in the new year of 2014!

For the $10 Black Exclusive game, there will be a special promotional game for it but there are no details for it. I will think about saving up to play this in bulk rather than Diamond Millioniare (the 7th Top Prize has been claimed!) and the California Gold games.

http://www.calottery.com/happenings/ca-black-exclusive

Thanks CAScratcher20.

I'll be hanging out and soaking up info for a lot of 2014.

On the heels of my big win.

$100 California Gold nets $10 :-(

$60 775,000 Poker nets $15  :-(

Los Angeles, California
                              United States
                              Member #149492
                              December 2, 2013
                              919 Posts
                              Posted: January 3, 2014, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Thanks CAScratcher20.

I'll be hanging out and soaking up info for a lot of 2014.

On the heels of my big win.

$100 California Gold nets $10 :-(

$60 775,000 Poker nets $15  :-(

Congrats on your nice win!!  So cool to see a picture of the winning ticket too.

Hey, I wouldn't be surprised if you win another big one.  There are numerous stories of multiple winners.  Wink

I'm new here, and learned a ton already - LP is a cool place to hang out...

Page 62 of 182