Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 9:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 64 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
Los Angeles, California
United States
Member #103813
January 5, 2011
1530 Posts
Posted: January 9, 2014, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Hello I'm new here too. I'm just wondering, do you keep/throw your original tickets after entering them to the 2nd chance draw?

Welcome to LP and CA Scratchers thread!

From the FAQ:

May I throw away the tickets after I’ve entered them into Scratchers 2nd Chance?

Here's our advice: You, the player, are ultimately responsible to keep all codes you’ve entered for 2nd Chance games. If there is ever a question regarding one of your codes, we think it’s better to have the physical codes in your possession. We recommend you keep your tickets/codes until the 2nd Chance draw for that particular game has concluded. Throwing away your tickets does not disqualify you from any drawing, and it's not required that you have the original ticket to claim any 2nd Chance prize, but we’d rather you be safe than sorry! Also, did you know that all Scratchers tickets are recyclable?

San Fran
    United States
    Member #150212
    December 17, 2013
    97 Posts
    Posted: January 9, 2014, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to LP.

Yeah, I do.  Although there is only one top prize for each ended game, if you enter enough tickets, the odds are way better than winning the top prize playing the original game.  It's amazing how many people have no interest in 2nd chance and simply throw their losing tickets away.

I've also been entering the weekly SuperLotto and Fantasy 5 2nd chance drawings.  I only started in November, but no wins so far.  Unhappy  I'm not sure if there are any strategies for the online version, other than enter as many as you can within their limits.  I read when people were mailing tickets in, some people would intentionally crumple their tickets in the hopes that aids in those tickets being picked.

Thanks!   

Really thou,  people just throw away so many tickets.  I started just taking them out of the trash at the super market and then seen people sell them on ebay for crazy amounts. 

I found this guy on ebay and he sells me 1000's of tickets for pennies and i've found a bunch of winners too. 

but i was looking at the amount of games and how many i have entered and it is so spread out, a few hundred entries per game.  I would think you would need 10s of thousands of entries per a single game to have shot at the grand prize. 

I'm thinking about bartering the tickets and just picking 2-3 games to enter each month. start off with a new game and just pile it on with entries as a strategy.  but i would have to find a few people willing to go in on who i can trust. 

good news is that i have about 2000 entries for the $10 LFL game.  that would be nice to hit that one.  Plus that game has had 4 GP left for the longest time so I’ve been buying those like crazy.  bought 5 of them the other day and won $50 on 1 of them then bought 5 more and won $20 then bought 2 more and won $10 and so on and so on HaHa! 

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
      Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #149492
      December 2, 2013
      919 Posts
      Posted: January 9, 2014, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Thanks!   

Really thou,  people just throw away so many tickets.  I started just taking them out of the trash at the super market and then seen people sell them on ebay for crazy amounts. 

I found this guy on ebay and he sells me 1000's of tickets for pennies and i've found a bunch of winners too. 

but i was looking at the amount of games and how many i have entered and it is so spread out, a few hundred entries per game.  I would think you would need 10s of thousands of entries per a single game to have shot at the grand prize. 

I'm thinking about bartering the tickets and just picking 2-3 games to enter each month. start off with a new game and just pile it on with entries as a strategy.  but i would have to find a few people willing to go in on who i can trust. 

good news is that i have about 2000 entries for the $10 LFL game.  that would be nice to hit that one.  Plus that game has had 4 GP left for the longest time so I’ve been buying those like crazy.  bought 5 of them the other day and won $50 on 1 of them then bought 5 more and won $20 then bought 2 more and won $10 and so on and so on HaHa! 

It would be interesting to see historically how many tickets each 2nd chance winner had entered in their respective winning draw after the 1,000 limit was implemented.  I wonder if this information falls within the public records domain.  Jon D probably knows.

San Fran
        United States
        Member #150212
        December 17, 2013
        97 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2014, 11:06 am - IP Logged

So what is going on with "Win it All" (860 game)?  I never see this ticket for sale and there are a bunch of GP available and only 4 claimed.

San Fran
          United States
          Member #150212
          December 17, 2013
          97 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2014, 11:09 am - IP Logged

A third $5 Mil Jackpot was claimed today....  I mailed in my $1,000 winning ticket on that game about 2 months ago, maybe they are sending me the $5 mil instead. haha!

Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #103813
            January 5, 2011
            1530 Posts
            Posted: January 10, 2014, 11:24 am - IP Logged

It would be interesting to see historically how many tickets each 2nd chance winner had entered in their respective winning draw after the 1,000 limit was implemented.  I wonder if this information falls within the public records domain.  Jon D probably knows.

Naw, I never bothered to check out the 2nd chance data.

I enter all my losing tickets, but don't give it much thought. It's harder to win that end of game top prize than it is to win the normal game top prize. And if you're digging extra entries out of the trash can for free, that can give you an advantage over us regular players with only their own purchased entries.

green sandals's avatar - bxvg
              Costa Mesa
              United States
              Member #150634
              December 27, 2013
              157 Posts
              Posted: January 10, 2014, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone else do this or know you can do this?

The current posted stats for scratchers games (found for clicking on the icon for the various scratcher games) can be easily cut and pasted into Excel.  Just leftclick and hold your mouse when you're on the upper left number, take it down to the bottom right one to highlight them all, then hover over one, rightclick and select copy.  Go to Excel, right click and select paste, and all the stats drop into individual cells.  Easy to do formulae then.

I used this one to calculate estimated total tickets printed.  Total prizes / overall odds of winning.

To use an example, for California Gold the total number of prizes is 6,511,319 and the overall odds of winning is 1 in 3.48 or 29%.  Based on this, I get the estimated number of tickets printed for this game at 22,659,390.

San Fran
                United States
                Member #150212
                December 17, 2013
                97 Posts
                Posted: January 10, 2014, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

So I’ve been exploring a bunch of different strategies with purchasing tickets and at first i was buying a bunch of the same game at one place but didn’t seem to get anything good.  Then i started buying one ticket from multiple games and seemed to do a little better. 

I've changed it up a bit and started buying 1 or 2 tickets of the same game from 5-6 different places and the results have been very good so far. 

Anyone do anything similar? 

Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #103813
                  January 5, 2011
                  1530 Posts
                  Posted: January 10, 2014, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone else do this or know you can do this?

The current posted stats for scratchers games (found for clicking on the icon for the various scratcher games) can be easily cut and pasted into Excel.  Just leftclick and hold your mouse when you're on the upper left number, take it down to the bottom right one to highlight them all, then hover over one, rightclick and select copy.  Go to Excel, right click and select paste, and all the stats drop into individual cells.  Easy to do formulae then.

I used this one to calculate estimated total tickets printed.  Total prizes / overall odds of winning.

To use an example, for California Gold the total number of prizes is 6,511,319 and the overall odds of winning is 1 in 3.48 or 29%.  Based on this, I get the estimated number of tickets printed for this game at 22,659,390.

Yes, I do that quite often, and sometimes post the table here.

The most recent one was:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/250725/3394812

Actually, you calculate the total number of tickets printed from the top prize odds:

19 * 1,200,000 = 22,800,000

From there, you can get a more precise 1 in 3.502 overall odds, and do other analysis.

The overall odds really don't change much as the game progresses. I've seen a bunch of websites and tools that regularly pull the prize claims data and try to calculate the "actual" odds or EV that way, but they all suffer from this same fundamental flaw in the analysis.

green sandals's avatar - bxvg
                    Costa Mesa
                    United States
                    Member #150634
                    December 27, 2013
                    157 Posts
                    Posted: January 10, 2014, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

That makes more sense.  Guess I'll update my spreadsheet.

Los Angeles, California
                      United States
                      Member #149492
                      December 2, 2013
                      919 Posts
                      Posted: January 10, 2014, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

Naw, I never bothered to check out the 2nd chance data.

I enter all my losing tickets, but don't give it much thought. It's harder to win that end of game top prize than it is to win the normal game top prize. And if you're digging extra entries out of the trash can for free, that can give you an advantage over us regular players with only their own purchased entries.

I made the pubic records request today.  We'll see what kind of answer I'll get.  I'm most curious if winners are mainly those that submit thousands of tickets or if there's a good mix of those casual players that submit tickets here and there. 

I'll report back if they release that data.

San Fran
                        United States
                        Member #150212
                        December 17, 2013
                        97 Posts
                        Posted: January 12, 2014, 6:17 am - IP Logged

I made the pubic records request today.  We'll see what kind of answer I'll get.  I'm most curious if winners are mainly those that submit thousands of tickets or if there's a good mix of those casual players that submit tickets here and there. 

I'll report back if they release that data.

That would be great to know.  Its funny thou,  even if it were the ones and twos who won the replay drawing i would still keep doing what i do with these tickets.  Its been realy fun getting hundrens of tickets and growing a collection of thousands.  It takes me back to simplier times growing up with my brother and collecting basebase ball cards.  collecting them and sorting them.  the good old days.....

LA CA
                          United States
                          Member #118691
                          November 6, 2011
                          416 Posts
                          Posted: January 12, 2014, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Folks

Isn't the $10 GOLD ripe for a JP hit? I just got one from a CVS vending maching in Santa Clarita..Haven't scratched it yet ..

Los Angeles, California
                            United States
                            Member #149492
                            December 2, 2013
                            919 Posts
                            Posted: January 12, 2014, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Folks

Isn't the $10 GOLD ripe for a JP hit? I just got one from a CVS vending maching in Santa Clarita..Haven't scratched it yet ..

Assuming the TP hasn't been bought and someone is sitting on it or it's not in the claims process now, yes, I think it's overdue.  Good luck!

Another game that's overdue, IMO, is the $5 Fortune 55.

LA CA
                              United States
                              Member #118691
                              November 6, 2011
                              416 Posts
                              Posted: January 12, 2014, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Assuming the TP hasn't been bought and someone is sitting on it or it's not in the claims process now, yes, I think it's overdue.  Good luck!

Another game that's overdue, IMO, is the $5 Fortune 55.

Just scratched and won nothing.

Page 64 of 182