Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 66 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
San Fran
United States
Member #150212
December 17, 2013
97 Posts
Posted: January 14, 2014, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

I cashed my $10 win from couple days ago today, and bought two $5 Fortune 55.  It was a brand new roll, so I bought the first two, #000 and #001.

I got the 10x symbol again on the first ticket, but these days I just assume it's going to be $1 or $2.  Sure enough.

#000 - $15 (10x $1.00 + $5.00 number match)

#001 - $0

I always thought the end of the roll was 003, 002, 001, 000?  This is how i get them from the vending machine. every time i get a 000 they run out.  I don’t like buying tickets from privately owned convenient shops.  not since that person won 3 SFL games at one store.  Way too shady. 

San Fran
    United States
    Member #150212
    December 17, 2013
    97 Posts
    Posted: January 14, 2014, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Going to be buying about $140.00 worth of tickets this week.  wondering what game i should focus on.  I have been focusing on the $10 LFL game but that was just claimed.   Maybe the $10 gold and $5 LFL....  Any thoughts?

United States
      Member #147165
      September 24, 2013
      507 Posts
      Posted: January 15, 2014, 2:44 am - IP Logged

I would be reluctant to buy any of those three (Win It All, 55, and 500k Riches).  They obviously have not sold well and I’m sure they already pulled back the winning tickets... But i wouldn’t be able to resist dropping a bunch of dough on the Win It All...  They only had 4 JP claimed out of 16 and i never see it being sold. 

I also see they are coming out with a new $20.00 ticket called million match.  Its going to have 3 top prizes, 1m, 3m and 5m...  and 4 instant chances.  Should be a cool game. 

Did not expect a new $20 game to come out so soon. The problem I had with $5 Million Jackpot is the lack of low tier prizes.

I would settle for a $20 game with a $3 Million top prize since $10 games are $1 Million, and have prizes like $40 (double) or $200 (10 folds) in the structure.

Hopefully CALottery hears feedback from retailers as OCScratchDevil brought up in the past.

United States
        Member #147165
        September 24, 2013
        507 Posts
        Posted: January 15, 2014, 4:03 am - IP Logged

I would go for $10 Gold, I think those LFL ones is more like the jackpot games in which the games are not friendly to chase if you get in a mood.

LA CA
          United States
          Member #118691
          November 6, 2011
          416 Posts
          Posted: January 15, 2014, 10:15 am - IP Logged

Someone lucky claimed a JP in the $10 Gold scratcher yesterday ...3 claimed so far..

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
            Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #103813
            January 5, 2011
            1530 Posts
            Posted: January 15, 2014, 10:24 am - IP Logged

I know have said it a few times before, but it is great work on your part mapping out the data for CA Lottery results. I was wondering if you could do it for 2013 calendar year despite the limitations stated on the message.

Thanks. I wasn't really interested in doing more maps since the new geocoding rules. But I might check out the 2013 scratch data a little later. The last time I asked for public records data they threatened to charge me for it, unless someone else had requested it first.(how strange...and unfair)

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
              Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #103813
              January 5, 2011
              1530 Posts
              Posted: January 15, 2014, 10:26 am - IP Logged

I always thought the end of the roll was 003, 002, 001, 000?  This is how i get them from the vending machine. every time i get a 000 they run out.  I don’t like buying tickets from privately owned convenient shops.  not since that person won 3 SFL games at one store.  Way too shady. 

Most places I go to have rolls loaded normally, incrementing ticket numbers starting with 000, 001, 002 first. Sounds like the stores you go to have the people loading it backwards, for whatever reason.

green sandals's avatar - bxvg
                Costa Mesa
                United States
                Member #150634
                December 27, 2013
                157 Posts
                Posted: January 15, 2014, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Most places I go to have rolls loaded normally, incrementing ticket numbers starting with 000, 001, 002 first. Sounds like the stores you go to have the people loading it backwards, for whatever reason.

I'm not sure which method is the best.  The machines do tend to take the human attendant thing out of the equation, which may be a good thing.  One thing I do when I buy tickets from a store with a clerk is to never cash the ticket there at the time I buy it.  If the clerk doesn't know the winners right after they're bought, that's less info they have about the roll.

Two more GP were won.  One in California Gold and one in the $10 20X Crossword.

Someone posted the other day about a new $20 CA scratcher coming out.  Does anybody else know about this?

San Fran
                  United States
                  Member #150212
                  December 17, 2013
                  97 Posts
                  Posted: January 15, 2014, 11:45 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure which method is the best.  The machines do tend to take the human attendant thing out of the equation, which may be a good thing.  One thing I do when I buy tickets from a store with a clerk is to never cash the ticket there at the time I buy it.  If the clerk doesn't know the winners right after they're bought, that's less info they have about the roll.

Two more GP were won.  One in California Gold and one in the $10 20X Crossword.

Someone posted the other day about a new $20 CA scratcher coming out.  Does anybody else know about this?

green sandals's avatar - bxvg
                    Costa Mesa
                    United States
                    Member #150634
                    December 27, 2013
                    157 Posts
                    Posted: January 15, 2014, 11:46 am - IP Logged

Cool.  Much obliged, ScratchMe.

San Fran
                      United States
                      Member #150212
                      December 17, 2013
                      97 Posts
                      Posted: January 15, 2014, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Here is a better photo.  I was asked to take a survey from the CALotto and this was part of it: 

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                        Los Angeles, California
                        United States
                        Member #149492
                        December 2, 2013
                        919 Posts
                        Posted: January 15, 2014, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

As part of the survey, did they also show you the payout schedule?  I'd be curious to see what the payout schedule and odds look like.  The current $20 game's 2nd and 3rd prizes are $100,000 and $25,000. 

I hope it's not going to be top heavy at the expense of reducing lower tier prizes.  Maybe the total number of $1 to $5 million top prizes will equal the 14 top prizes that were available at the start of our first $20 game and keep the lower tier prize schedule and odds pretty much the same or better.

San Fran
                          United States
                          Member #150212
                          December 17, 2013
                          97 Posts
                          Posted: January 15, 2014, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

As part of the survey, did they also show you the payout schedule?  I'd be curious to see what the payout schedule and odds look like.  The current $20 game's 2nd and 3rd prizes are $100,000 and $25,000. 

I hope it's not going to be top heavy at the expense of reducing lower tier prizes.  Maybe the total number of $1 to $5 million top prizes will equal the 14 top prizes that were available at the start of our first $20 game and keep the lower tier prize schedule and odds pretty much the same or better.

I would think they would divide the 14 5mil prizes into the 1,3 and 5 mil.  I would hope so!  taking away from the lower prizes would reduce the odds greatly.

San Fran
                            United States
                            Member #150212
                            December 17, 2013
                            97 Posts
                            Posted: January 15, 2014, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Not sure what tickets to buy tomorrow... i like the $10 and $20 games but they all have JPs claimed in the last few days.  I wonder how long those tickets were bought?

United States
                              Member #147165
                              September 24, 2013
                              507 Posts
                              Posted: January 15, 2014, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Not sure what tickets to buy tomorrow... i like the $10 and $20 games but they all have JPs claimed in the last few days.  I wonder how long those tickets were bought?

Thanks for posting the picture. I missed out on the survey, I was invited by email but it was placed in the spam folder. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, I see $2Million as the second highest top prize rather than $3 million, still good. I am already liking the fact that I see $75 and $250 fast spots at least there are low tier prizes.

Seems like the Pennsylvania lottery has the same game title logo but the structure is entirely different. CA Lottery must have customized the structure from the scratch card manufacturer.

http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/Custom/instantgames/instant-game-show.aspx?id=571

I think Diamond Millionaire and 20X Crossword showed us that TP can be claimed ahead of the sales pace, so I feel $10 Gold is still the better game to play at this point.

Page 66 of 182