Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 65 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
Los Angeles, California
United States
Member #149492
December 2, 2013
919 Posts
Posted: January 12, 2014, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

I rarely purchase consecutive tickets, but today I bought three $5 Fortune 55 tickets, #007-#009.  Good news is that I won all three, but little bummed with the last one.

#007 - ticket

#008 - ticket

#009 - $10 (10x $1.00)

When I uncovered a 10x after two consecutive ticket wins, I was hoping the last one would be like Jon's $100 he posted recently after his ticket-ticket wins, but no dice.  It was just $10.

green sandals's avatar - bxvg
    Costa Mesa
    United States
    Member #150634
    December 27, 2013
    157 Posts
    Posted: January 12, 2014, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Tried to post a link to a ventura county newspaper that had an interesting article containing lots of stats on lottery retailers.  It got blocked because I'm a new member.  I found it on a google search of california list of lucky scratcher retailers. It came up on the 6th or 7th page, in case anyone is interested.

green sandals's avatar - bxvg
      Costa Mesa
      United States
      Member #150634
      December 27, 2013
      157 Posts
      Posted: January 12, 2014, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Tried to post a link to a ventura county newspaper that had an interesting article containing lots of stats on lottery retailers.  It got blocked because I'm a new member.  I found it on a google search of california list of lucky scratcher retailers. It came up on the 6th or 7th page, in case anyone is interested.

Dug a little deeper into the stats.  It does include scratchers.  Unfortunately, info appears to be current only through Oct 2012

Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #149492
        December 2, 2013
        919 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2014, 12:33 am - IP Logged

Dug a little deeper into the stats.  It does include scratchers.  Unfortunately, info appears to be current only through Oct 2012

Interesting.  I've always heard about Bluebird Liquor about being a lucky store but never been.  According to the data, January to March are the luckiest months for lottery players.  Cool 

Nice find, green sandals.

vcstar dot com/data/lottery/

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #103813
          January 5, 2011
          1530 Posts
          Posted: January 13, 2014, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Yeah, you can't post links as a "New Member" as a LP restriction to prevent SPAM. But once you have at least one blue bar, like mrcraft, you can then post links.

That's nice that the vcstar made all the the data available. It's too bad that calottery does not make the data readily available or viewable except for individual public records requests by people or the press. Some other state lotteries make winner data available for download on the website, and some even have maps called a Winners Atlas on their website, like NY: (CA should get with the program)

New York Lottery - Winners Atlas

I've also made some maps of a single year Scratchers winners view before, shows how rare it is for any store to have big winners in a year:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/257573

United States
            Member #147165
            September 24, 2013
            507 Posts
            Posted: January 13, 2014, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

It would be interesting to see historically how many tickets each 2nd chance winner had entered in their respective winning draw after the 1,000 limit was implemented.  I wonder if this information falls within the public records domain.  Jon D probably knows.

I am not sure if this is the information you are looking for about the 2nd chance data.

http://www.calottery.com/play/second-chance/results-winners

I played scratchers more agressively when the 2nd chance program debuted in 2008. I realize that it is nearly impossible to win when only 1 top prize is awarded for a particular scratcher game and just 10 $1k winners every 3 month pool drawing (when there are more than 20 million tickets entered). I learned the hard way and lost much more in the past than I do now. I did not even win MP3 downloads from the WB contest or the 80 Strike It Rich scratchers where there were multiple winners.

The odds are so stacked, you will improve your odds of winning by 80% for 5 entries, 90% for 10 entries, 95% for 20 entries, and 99% for 100 tickets entered. Anything more than 100 the odds of winning improvement nearly diminishes while the costs grow exponentially.

I am believing more and more that the ticket trash collectors are the favorites to win, the winners seem to be coming from less affluent cities.

Roughly on average, about 1 out of 4 losing tickets that people buy gets entered into second chance.

I am not sure how the 1000 ticket limit will help if a person decides to create multiple website accounts unless if there is a verified system.

Overall, I viewed Scratchers as a large scale raffle for a long time. And 2nd chance is no different.

United States
              Member #147165
              September 24, 2013
              507 Posts
              Posted: January 13, 2014, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, you can't post links as a "New Member" as a LP restriction to prevent SPAM. But once you have at least one blue bar, like mrcraft, you can then post links.

That's nice that the vcstar made all the the data available. It's too bad that calottery does not make the data readily available or viewable except for individual public records requests by people or the press. Some other state lotteries make winner data available for download on the website, and some even have maps called a Winners Atlas on their website, like NY: (CA should get with the program)

New York Lottery - Winners Atlas

I've also made some maps of a single year Scratchers winners view before, shows how rare it is for any store to have big winners in a year:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/257573

I know have said it a few times before, but it is great work on your part mapping out the data for CA Lottery results. I was wondering if you could do it for 2013 calendar year despite the limitations stated on the message.

Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #149492
                December 2, 2013
                919 Posts
                Posted: January 13, 2014, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

I am not sure if this is the information you are looking for about the 2nd chance data.

http://www.calottery.com/play/second-chance/results-winners

I played scratchers more agressively when the 2nd chance program debuted in 2008. I realize that it is nearly impossible to win when only 1 top prize is awarded for a particular scratcher game and just 10 $1k winners every 3 month pool drawing (when there are more than 20 million tickets entered). I learned the hard way and lost much more in the past than I do now. I did not even win MP3 downloads from the WB contest or the 80 Strike It Rich scratchers where there were multiple winners.

The odds are so stacked, you will improve your odds of winning by 80% for 5 entries, 90% for 10 entries, 95% for 20 entries, and 99% for 100 tickets entered. Anything more than 100 the odds of winning improvement nearly diminishes while the costs grow exponentially.

I am believing more and more that the ticket trash collectors are the favorites to win, the winners seem to be coming from less affluent cities.

Roughly on average, about 1 out of 4 losing tickets that people buy gets entered into second chance.

I am not sure how the 1000 ticket limit will help if a person decides to create multiple website accounts unless if there is a verified system.

Overall, I viewed Scratchers as a large scale raffle for a long time. And 2nd chance is no different.

Yup, that's part of it.  On Friday, I made a specific request for data going back two years for number of 2nd chance submissions each winner made to both the end of game and quarterly scratcher pool drawings.  I'm expecting to see both super lucky winners and those that enter thousands of tickets for each game/draw.  If I receive the requested information, I can calculate the mean and standard deviation.

United States
                  Member #147165
                  September 24, 2013
                  507 Posts
                  Posted: January 13, 2014, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

Yup, that's part of it.  On Friday, I made a specific request for data going back two years for number of 2nd chance submissions each winner made to both the end of game and quarterly scratcher pool drawings.  I'm expecting to see both super lucky winners and those that enter thousands of tickets for each game/draw.  If I receive the requested information, I can calculate the mean and standard deviation.

My bad I did not catch that part.

I am also wondering too how many entries it took for a person to win. Thanks for requesting the data even if you get back a response from them or not.

I know those big time jackpots recently was claimed on just a few quick picks, and the odds of those are even slimmer than the 2nd chance.

Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #149492
                    December 2, 2013
                    919 Posts
                    Posted: January 13, 2014, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

I rarely purchase consecutive tickets, but today I bought three $5 Fortune 55 tickets, #007-#009.  Good news is that I won all three, but little bummed with the last one.

#007 - ticket

#008 - ticket

#009 - $10 (10x $1.00)

When I uncovered a 10x after two consecutive ticket wins, I was hoping the last one would be like Jon's $100 he posted recently after his ticket-ticket wins, but no dice.  It was just $10.

Well, I went back to the same place this morning to see if they still had ticket #010 but they didn't, so I ended up swapping my two free ticket cards with two additional $5 Fortune 55 tickets from a different bin, same store, #072 and #073.

Both were losers.

United States
                      Member #147165
                      September 24, 2013
                      507 Posts
                      Posted: January 14, 2014, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

A top prize for $10 Lucky for Life and $10 Diamond Millionaire have been taken off the board.

I have not played in a while so I will be making another purchase and posting the results tonight.

San Fran
                        United States
                        Member #150212
                        December 17, 2013
                        97 Posts
                        Posted: January 14, 2014, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Looks like the 3 tickets with Big jackpots outstanding are $10 gold, $5 LFL and $5 win it all.

Los Angeles, California
                          United States
                          Member #149492
                          December 2, 2013
                          919 Posts
                          Posted: January 14, 2014, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure why but the $5 Win It All game doesn't seem to sell well.  I might start playing that game next, but for now, I seem to be stuck on playing the $5 Fortune 55.  It seems overdue for a $100,000 win.

I was planning to buy couple of $5 $500,000 Riches that my store was selling off old stock, but they finally pulled it from their shelves sometime after my visit yesterday.  That game according to the lottery website still had about 50% of $500,000 top prize left.  It was odd they ended that game, maybe it wasn't selling well and not worth paying off the rest of the $500,000 prizes.

I guess I like the older games...

San Fran
                            United States
                            Member #150212
                            December 17, 2013
                            97 Posts
                            Posted: January 14, 2014, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure why but the $5 Win It All game doesn't seem to sell well.  I might start playing that game next, but for now, I seem to be stuck on playing the $5 Fortune 55.  It seems overdue for a $100,000 win.

I was planning to buy couple of $5 $500,000 Riches that my store was selling off old stock, but they finally pulled it from their shelves sometime after my visit yesterday.  That game according to the lottery website still had about 50% of $500,000 top prize left.  It was odd they ended that game, maybe it wasn't selling well and not worth paying off the rest of the $500,000 prizes.

I guess I like the older games...

I would be reluctant to buy any of those three (Win It All, 55, and 500k Riches).  They obviously have not sold well and I’m sure they already pulled back the winning tickets... But i wouldn’t be able to resist dropping a bunch of dough on the Win It All...  They only had 4 JP claimed out of 16 and i never see it being sold. 

I also see they are coming out with a new $20.00 ticket called million match.  Its going to have 3 top prizes, 1m, 3m and 5m...  and 4 instant chances.  Should be a cool game. 

Los Angeles, California
                              United States
                              Member #149492
                              December 2, 2013
                              919 Posts
                              Posted: January 14, 2014, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

I cashed my $10 win from couple days ago today, and bought two $5 Fortune 55.  It was a brand new roll, so I bought the first two, #000 and #001.

I got the 10x symbol again on the first ticket, but these days I just assume it's going to be $1 or $2.  Sure enough.

#000 - $15 (10x $1.00 + $5.00 number match)

#001 - $0

Page 65 of 182