Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 82 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
San Fran
United States
Member #150212
December 17, 2013
97 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2014, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

The $5.00 LFL sucks!!!   Just bought 8 and a big $0.00 on all of them....

United States
    Member #147165
    September 24, 2013
    507 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2014, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

The reason i would clean them out of Win It All's is becuase there hasnt been a TP claimed in a very very long time and no one is selling them.  I figured there would be a better chance of hitting the TP based on those facts.  But your most likely right,  they probably dont even have any of the TPs printed or they are sitting in a warehouse.

I think its behind by 2 top prizes in terms of sales.

The $6 prize has 426508 out of 1200000 claimed (some people do not bother to cash out the break even TICKET winner) so about 35.5% are claimed.

35.5% out of 16 top prizes is 5.67, with just 4 cliamed, its bound for a winner.

Just rough estimates, not actual numbers

64.5% of the 19.2 million tickets is 12.38 million, with 12 available. Odds are still slightly more than 1 in a million.

Still takes dumb luck, right place at the right time to win the top prize.

The places where they sell most of the available scratcher games are at liquor stores.

Most retailers purchase the suggested games for the bins/kiosk or hot sellers mentioned on the Retail Product Plan

http://static.sc-www.calottery.com/~/media/Retailer/product-plans/feb-2014-rpp.pdf

Win it All is not part of any of the 16/20/24 ticket bins, so that may be the reason it is not selling as much.

United States
      Member #147165
      September 24, 2013
      507 Posts
      Posted: February 21, 2014, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

The $5.00 LFL sucks!!!   Just bought 8 and a big $0.00 on all of them....

I've had it happen for those annuality games like Set for Life and $2,000,000 Extraveganza

Mainly just Ticket, $6, $10, and lots of losses.

I am suprised the $10 LFL offers good low tier winners.

I would buy non-winning tickets for the next one after LFL on eBay to get a chance on replay

United States
        Member #152660
        February 21, 2014
        19 Posts
        Posted: February 21, 2014, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Went out today and bought two 5mjp
        Tickets 5&6 both losers! Oh well haha. Gonna play some more black exclusives . Keep y'all updated!

green sandals's avatar - bxvg
          Costa Mesa
          United States
          Member #150634
          December 27, 2013
          157 Posts
          Posted: February 21, 2014, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Went out today and bought two 5mjp
          Tickets 5&6 both losers! Oh well haha. Gonna play some more black exclusives . Keep y'all updated!

Happy you found your way to the board iscratchtickets.

Pretty much a lousy week for me as far as scratchers.  Did find a few stores earlier in the week with 1MF, but won nothing big, down a little for all more searching.

Today I purchased 10 5MJP 1424129-02 to 011.  Only one winner for 20 and that was 006, so my last 5 were losers.

I figured WTH, the next few have got to be better, so I went back and bought another 10.  Someone was there before me and had bought 2, so I got 014-023.  14 was another loss, but 15 was 100, and the last 5 were all winners (tkt,20,20,50,20).  Decided after 5 wins in a row, probably not a good idea to buy anymore.  So lost money for the week, byebye 1MF and your 3 outstanding GPs Thud, but ended the week on a good note.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
            Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #103813
            January 5, 2011
            1530 Posts
            Posted: February 22, 2014, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Saw the new Scratchers vending machine at a grocery store. Sells draw games too but this one appeared to not be ready for that feature yet.

Finally getting some upgrades from the decades old antiquated machines:

Now if we can get some machines that cash/credit small wins, that would be even better.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
              Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #103813
              January 5, 2011
              1530 Posts
              Posted: February 23, 2014, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I noticed that the other day while pulling stats.

Looks like a website editing error, they do that from time to time. (example: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/250725/3183089 )

Since they have the game in the list in the sidebar menu, but not on the main list with images, that seems to imply it's an editing error, not a pulled game.

Although I must say, there was something seriously wrong with the stats for $3 Bingo Boxes. No other game had it's stats so far out of whack. It was either a major reporting error or possibly a manufacturing defect. Didn't see anything unusual with $5 Big 6 Bingo.

More calottery.com website errors.

So they pulled off the retired games and tried to put up the 3 new ones yesterday, but kept messing it up and it's still messed up today. The Bingo games are still missing their available prizes table. And the new $5 High Roller Poker has messed up odds, they got the decimal place wrong:

Prizes Odds 1 in
              $75,000 12,000,000
              $5,000 1,200,000
              $1,000 200,000
              $500 30,000
              $100 3,333
              $50 1,000
              $20 400
              $15 267
              $10 200
              $6 160
              Ticket114

Man, sometimes it really makes me wonder what kind of people they have running this operation.

Costa Mesa
                United States
                Member #150634
                December 27, 2013
                157 Posts
                Posted: February 23, 2014, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

So they pulled off the retired games and tried to put up the 3 new ones yesterday, but kept messing it up and it's still messed up today. The Bingo games are still missing their available prizes table. And the new $5 High Roller Poker has messed up odds, they got the decimal place wrong:

Prizes Odds 1 in
                $75,000 12,000,000
                $5,000 1,200,000
                $1,000 200,000
                $500 30,000
                $100 3,333
                $50 1,000
                $20 400
                $15 267
                $10 200
                $6 160
                Ticket114

Man, sometimes it really makes me wonder what kind of people they have running this operation.

114 to 1 to win a ticket. Funny funny LOL

LA CA
                  United States
                  Member #118691
                  November 6, 2011
                  416 Posts
                  Posted: February 23, 2014, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Of all the $5 and above tickets, WinItAll and $5 LFL are the ones most likely to hit the JP?

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                    Jacksonville Florida
                    United States
                    Member #23018
                    October 6, 2005
                    933 Posts
                    Posted: February 23, 2014, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Saw the new Scratchers vending machine at a grocery store. Sells draw games too but this one appeared to not be ready for that feature yet.

Now if we can get some machines that cash/credit small wins, that would be even better.

The same company must make these for the Florida Lottery. The newer style machines here look almost identical except for the color scheme. The new ones have online game QP capability and the older ones do not...

Olney, MD
                      United States
                      Member #121536
                      January 11, 2012
                      452 Posts
                      Posted: February 23, 2014, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Wow those are some really fancy machines.  I bet they confuse the old people that want to play.

Costa Mesa
                        United States
                        Member #150634
                        December 27, 2013
                        157 Posts
                        Posted: February 23, 2014, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

Prizes Odds 1 in
                        $75,000 12,000,000
                        $5,000 1,200,000
                        $1,000 200,000
                        $500 30,000
                        $100 3,333
                        $50 1,000
                        $20 400
                        $15 267
                        $10 200
                        $6 160
                        Ticket114

Another thing calottery doesn't do well is to update the "lucky retailers".  Seems that part of the website has been the same for months.

Costa Mesa
                          United States
                          Member #150634
                          December 27, 2013
                          157 Posts
                          Posted: February 24, 2014, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

Actually, I like the calottery website.  Compared to other states lottery websites, calottery provides much more info and stats.

United States
                            Member #147165
                            September 24, 2013
                            507 Posts
                            Posted: February 24, 2014, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for sharing the photo, I was not aware of the new dispensers coming out. The new layout looks pretty cool and its nice to have the option to buy QP draw games..

I have not seen one, but grocery stores have separate systems to do scratchers and draw games.

There are vending machines that I hear that are only available at CVS pharmacy and have been for a few years now. It can do both draw games and scratchers, but have a larger screen. You can pick numbers without a playslip with their touchscreen, but it is irritating to people waiting to buy scratchers when people push the numbers they want.

United States
                              Member #147165
                              September 24, 2013
                              507 Posts
                              Posted: February 24, 2014, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

Of all the $5 and above tickets, WinItAll and $5 LFL are the ones most likely to hit the JP?

Correct, the sales pace is ahead of the TP available ratio. Still long shot odds regardless.

1 Million Fortune ended with 3 TP with 94.5% sold. It was hard to find towards the end, but it was still about 1 in 500,000 odds instead of the 1.2 million.

Page 82 of 182