Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 88 of 182
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #147165
September 24, 2013
507 Posts
Posted: March 12, 2014, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

Probably in Orange County, most of the winners come from the two highest populated cities: Santa Ana (you dont have luck there) and Anaheim.

Maybe try the neighboring cities Tustin, Irvine or Garden Grove.

I've looked at Jon D's mapping for 2012 and it seems like most of the winners come from the central part of OC.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/257573

Not sure what 2013 is like.

Majority of the retailers have about 2 $1000 or more winners.

It would seem so as the odds of winning more than $100 just goes up so high.

United States
    Member #147165
    September 24, 2013
    507 Posts
    Posted: March 12, 2014, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

Has this happened to anyone else?

You buy a scratcher & scratch off the top numbers.  Then you scratch off the bottom numbers.  Then you start comparing them.

You think you have a winner & you scratch off the amount & it's a grand prize winner.  Your blood pressure leaps up & and your eyes go up & down comparing the top number with the bottom number.  Then you notice you haven't scratched everything off the bottome number.  The top number is a 47 & the bottom one looks like it is too, but when you finish scratching it turns out to be a 49.  Your blood pressure rapidly returns to normal.

Sadly, I have a history of 10+ years of losing so my anticipation does not get too high when scratching. I've been seeing the trend for a long time now, where they match the top prize amount with a winning number that is just one off. Makes people feel psychologically feel they were close to winning when they are so far away.

I just scratch the numbers first now, and then I will verify using 2nd Chance before scratching off the prize amounts.

It will take a win over $100 to get me super amped up.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
      Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #149492
      December 2, 2013
      919 Posts
      Posted: March 12, 2014, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Sadly, I have a history of 10+ years of losing so my anticipation does not get too high when scratching. I've been seeing the trend for a long time now, where they match the top prize amount with a winning number that is just one off. Makes people feel psychologically feel they were close to winning when they are so far away.

I just scratch the numbers first now, and then I will verify using 2nd Chance before scratching off the prize amounts.

It will take a win over $100 to get me super amped up.

In your experience have you seen more clumps of winners along with associated longer gaps of losers these days than few years ago?  I only started playing late last year, so I don't have personal historical information, but I get the sense that might be the case from posts I read here.

United States
        Member #147165
        September 24, 2013
        507 Posts
        Posted: March 12, 2014, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

In your experience have you seen more clumps of winners along with associated longer gaps of losers these days than few years ago?  I only started playing late last year, so I don't have personal historical information, but I get the sense that might be the case from posts I read here.

I would definitely say in recent years if I encountered a clump of winners, it will most likely follow with a long set of losers (maybe 1 winner out of the next 6 to 8), then afterwards it will be one winner out of 4 or 5. If I encounered a long set of losers, I will expect 2 winners out of the next 4 or 5 (but it can still be TICKET break even prize or the $10/$20 double amount prize). I used to chase for wins in the past to know this.

I am aware I sound like a broken record by mentioning the 2009 changes to the scratchers, the $5 or $10 ones give out enough sub-$100 prizes so you could buy more the next time around.

United States
          Member #152660
          February 21, 2014
          19 Posts
          Posted: March 12, 2014, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Went out and got 2 CA B.E. at two different stores (#37 & #39) : $10, $0 respectively

Also played some of the new $5 poker game ticket #2, 5, and 29 on separate occasions, all losers.

For this poker game, the dealers hands were trips all three times :(

Also had a 20x the money, ticket number 36, loser 

Good luck to everyone!

LA CA
            United States
            Member #118691
            November 6, 2011
            416 Posts
            Posted: March 14, 2014, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

anyone following diamond millionaire? Its been a while someone hit JP and many top prizes left..

United States
              Member #147165
              September 24, 2013
              507 Posts
              Posted: March 14, 2014, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

anyone following diamond millionaire? Its been a while someone hit JP and many top prizes left..

I follow Diamond Millionaire and I think it has been slow due to CA Black Exclusive being promoted with the same game payouts.

Two months ago, the TP claimed was way ahead of the sales (like about 2 which is a lot). Most places that sell 16-20 games at a time have the CA Gold, CA Black, 20x Crossword, or maybe the $10 LFL. Only those liquor stores that carry all the games is where you will find Diamond Millionaire these days.

United States
                Member #147165
                September 24, 2013
                507 Posts
                Posted: March 14, 2014, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Went out and got 2 CA B.E. at two different stores (#37 & #39) : $10, $0 respectively

Also played some of the new $5 poker game ticket #2, 5, and 29 on separate occasions, all losers.

For this poker game, the dealers hands were trips all three times :(

Also had a 20x the money, ticket number 36, loser 

Good luck to everyone!

I have not had much luck with the Poker game or scratchers in general lately. 

Going to hold off until the $5 $500 Frenzy comes out on the 26th.

United States
                  Member #147165
                  September 24, 2013
                  507 Posts
                  Posted: March 14, 2014, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

Story of the 6th $5 Million TP winner

http://www.calottery.com/win/winner%20stories/eric-williams

Another SoCal winner. I suppose most winners will be in Norcal from this point.

United States
                    Member #152660
                    February 21, 2014
                    19 Posts
                    Posted: March 14, 2014, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Same here buddy :(!
                    That sounds like a good idea.. Probably will as well.

Good luck on the mega mils guys!

United States
                      Member #152660
                      February 21, 2014
                      19 Posts
                      Posted: March 14, 2014, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

By the way, I had a break even ticket on the high roller poker game (#32) and decided to get a single electric eights ticket . Won 20 on it. I usually never buy 1 dollar tickets but these electric eights have even treating me good. Only one loser out of maybe 5 tickets (all separate, never bought in consecutives)
                      Good luck again to everyone

CA
                        United States
                        Member #141455
                        April 14, 2013
                        182 Posts
                        Posted: March 14, 2014, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

By the way, I had a break even ticket on the high roller poker game (#32) and decided to get a single electric eights ticket . Won 20 on it. I usually never buy 1 dollar tickets but these electric eights have even treating me good. Only one loser out of maybe 5 tickets (all separate, never bought in consecutives)
                        Good luck again to everyone

someone said the orange TC were hot ...

so i bought one today ... loser , bought another $4 ... profit -$2 lol

i guess i will try them electric eights, although i dislike buying one at a time ...

i might buy up to 10x of $1 scratchers at one store ...

will update

on a sidenote, played at stater bro's NEW machine ... i like it not, because the collect bin on the bottom is shaped oddly in my opinion.

anyhow, i got me 3 cali golds ... lost, lost, $50 (my first 20X symbol !!!)

$20 - 5 Million Jackpot $100 (#23) $50 (#29)
                        $10 - Cali Gold $500 (#45) // Lucky for Life $50 // Diamond Million $50 (#18) // 20X Crosswords $100 (#32,#24,#14) $75 (#13)
                        $05 - Lucky for Life $40 // Fortune 55 $50 // WinItAll $500 // MegaXWord $100
                        $03 - 10x The Money $100 (#63) $50 (#58) || $02 - Season's Gold $100

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                          Los Angeles, California
                          United States
                          Member #103813
                          January 5, 2011
                          1530 Posts
                          Posted: March 14, 2014, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

Got some CA Black at a few different stores during lunch, scary results:

1st store: 0, 0

2nd store: 0, 0

3rd store: 0, $100

Came away with a profit with that hundo winner, but after that 5th straight loser I was going, "are you freakin' kidding me!"

CA
                            United States
                            Member #141455
                            April 14, 2013
                            182 Posts
                            Posted: March 14, 2014, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Got some CA Black at a few different stores during lunch, scary results:

1st store: 0, 0

2nd store: 0, 0

3rd store: 0, $100

Came away with a profit with that hundo winner, but after that 5th straight loser I was going, "are you freakin' kidding me!"

congrats john ...

i was not as lucky ...

6x cali black - nada !!!

$20 - 5 Million Jackpot $100 (#23) $50 (#29)
                            $10 - Cali Gold $500 (#45) // Lucky for Life $50 // Diamond Million $50 (#18) // 20X Crosswords $100 (#32,#24,#14) $75 (#13)
                            $05 - Lucky for Life $40 // Fortune 55 $50 // WinItAll $500 // MegaXWord $100
                            $03 - 10x The Money $100 (#63) $50 (#58) || $02 - Season's Gold $100

LA CA
                              United States
                              Member #118691
                              November 6, 2011
                              416 Posts
                              Posted: March 15, 2014, 2:20 am - IP Logged

Drove from LA to San Francisco tonight...stopped for gas at Kettleman City and got a GOLD from a food mart. And lost it..

Page 88 of 182