Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 86 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
green sandals's avatar - bxvg
Costa Mesa
United States
Member #150634
December 27, 2013
157 Posts
Posted: March 3, 2014, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Someone picked me up 4 LFL's as a gift in sequence.  Bought them out in Sun City. 

383837-#'s 7-10

First 3 losers, last one was a $100 winner 20X $5.  Only the 2nd 20X I have got over the time I have played $10 LFL.

Good one, OCScratchDevil.  Nice to have friends bearing gifts.

Walked into a liquor store @ random today and found they were still carrying a few 1,000,000 Fortune. 

Take that, CA Lottery & your 2/21/14 expiration date.

San Fran
    United States
    Member #150212
    December 17, 2013
    97 Posts
    Posted: March 4, 2014, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

Anouther $5mil JP TP claimed...  These are going fast.

United States
      Member #147165
      September 24, 2013
      507 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2014, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

Anouther $5mil JP TP claimed...  These are going fast.

Another California Gold TP claimed too. Now that game is going fast.

Story posted https://cdn.shoutlet.com/file/10364/1282467.pdf

Well deserving winner.

San Fran
        United States
        Member #150212
        December 17, 2013
        97 Posts
        Posted: March 4, 2014, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

Well deserving winner.

Wasnt able to open your link but its always good to hear someone winning who truly deserves it. 

I havent played too much of the gold or diamands due to a horrible ROI when i did play.  I'm done with the $20 game as well.  Going to stick with the $5 games for a few months until some new $10 and $20 games come out.

Costa Mesa
          United States
          Member #150634
          December 27, 2013
          157 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2014, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Well deserving winner.

That is a great story.  Somebody was watching out for them.

Thanks for posting it.

LA CA
            United States
            Member #118691
            November 6, 2011
            416 Posts
            Posted: March 4, 2014, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

That is a great story.  Somebody was watching out for them.

Thanks for posting it.

agree. great story...

California
              United States
              Member #147209
              September 25, 2013
              90 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2014, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I always think that when I see an OC winner like that, then we are done here and it will be balanced out elsewhere.  It's just weird thinking on my end I guess.

I bought a Gold and a $10 LFL yesterday and got a Win All $50 on the Gold.  Ticket was #275183-018.  The LFL was just a Ticket but at least not a loss.

Went to the place I won $200 Gold recently and bought a Gold and $10 LFL today and hit a $100 Win All.  Ticket was #285483-034

Weird to hit two Win Alls.

I miss $1,000,000 Fortune.

San Fran
                United States
                Member #150212
                December 17, 2013
                97 Posts
                Posted: March 5, 2014, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

I always think that when I see an OC winner like that, then we are done here and it will be balanced out elsewhere.  It's just weird thinking on my end I guess.

I bought a Gold and a $10 LFL yesterday and got a Win All $50 on the Gold.  Ticket was #275183-018.  The LFL was just a Ticket but at least not a loss.

Went to the place I won $200 Gold recently and bought a Gold and $10 LFL today and hit a $100 Win All.  Ticket was #285483-034

Weird to hit two Win Alls.

I miss $1,000,000 Fortune.

I dont think i have ever hit a "win all" or a "jackpot" on any games ever... To hit 2 in one day is pretty lucky.

San Fran
                  United States
                  Member #150212
                  December 17, 2013
                  97 Posts
                  Posted: March 5, 2014, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

$5 Win It All is going away.  The deadline for the 2nd change submission is 6/17.  I only have 140 so tickets entered.  I'm guessing this is going to be a low entry game.  I hope to snag a few hundred more before the deadline...

United States
                    Member #147165
                    September 24, 2013
                    507 Posts
                    Posted: March 5, 2014, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

$5 Win It All is going away.  The deadline for the 2nd change submission is 6/17.  I only have 140 so tickets entered.  I'm guessing this is going to be a low entry game.  I hope to snag a few hundred more before the deadline...

Its pretty surprising to me that it is going away before Smoking Hot Cash. I will probably try to buy some tickets (if I find any) for replay.

Costa Mesa
                      United States
                      Member #150634
                      December 27, 2013
                      157 Posts
                      Posted: March 5, 2014, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

$5 WIA is harder to find in the stores now.  Haven't had any luck with it yet.  My ROI with it has got to be <50%.

Costa Mesa
                        United States
                        Member #150634
                        December 27, 2013
                        157 Posts
                        Posted: March 5, 2014, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Has this happened to anyone else?

You buy a scratcher & scratch off the top numbers.  Then you scratch off the bottom numbers.  Then you start comparing them.

You think you have a winner & you scratch off the amount & it's a grand prize winner.  Your blood pressure leaps up & and your eyes go up & down comparing the top number with the bottom number.  Then you notice you haven't scratched everything off the bottome number.  The top number is a 47 & the bottom one looks like it is too, but when you finish scratching it turns out to be a 49.  Your blood pressure rapidly returns to normal.

San Fran
                          United States
                          Member #150212
                          December 17, 2013
                          97 Posts
                          Posted: March 5, 2014, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Has this happened to anyone else?

You buy a scratcher & scratch off the top numbers.  Then you scratch off the bottom numbers.  Then you start comparing them.

You think you have a winner & you scratch off the amount & it's a grand prize winner.  Your blood pressure leaps up & and your eyes go up & down comparing the top number with the bottom number.  Then you notice you haven't scratched everything off the bottome number.  The top number is a 47 & the bottom one looks like it is too, but when you finish scratching it turns out to be a 49.  Your blood pressure rapidly returns to normal.

Yup...  and then you feel like crap after you realize you were wrong. haha!!!  That happened too many times so when i scratch off the top #'s i will only scratch off the 2nd digit of the bottom ones and if it matched a 2nd digit in the top part i will then scratch off the entire number.  I found that i dont miss any winning tickets anymore when i enter them at the beginning of the month.

California
                            United States
                            Member #147209
                            September 25, 2013
                            90 Posts
                            Posted: March 6, 2014, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

I'm superstitious.  I scratch in my car a lot before going into the gym.  It's kind of like a decompression thing after work.  I hit two places, get some scratchers, have an energy drink and scratch them on a magazine.  If the magazine has been a loser, I dump it but if it's a winner, I keep that thing forever until I go on a losing streak.

I also like to scratch the numbers first at the top and then I go prize first and then the number in each box and then look up to compare it with the top numbers.  I also always scratch the Fast Spot first.  This method kind of adds a little air of excitement to it.

My system lately has been pretty simple.  I go to 2 places after work and pick up a few scratchers.  My one place that has been great has been a bit cold lately but I did pick up a Gold there yesterday for $20 Winner 10X $2.  I didn't get the card number since I don't really track anything under $50.

My other lucky place continues to be pretty good.  Got a $10 LFL, won $20 and got another Gold off a new pack and hit $50 on it $20X $2 plus $10:  #280563-017.

Nothing huge but it keeps the train going I guess.  Anytime I can get a total of $50-$100 with only $30 spent that's effective for me at least.  What's weird is that two other times that I have streaked like this, I eventually hit two good ones($500 and $1,000) so that is in the back of my mind right now.  Could also be mental issues, lol.

Just going to continue to ride the Gold streak I guess until it goes cold which it will inevitably.  I have 2 other places I use as alternates when life gets cold at my 2 primary places.

LA CA
                              United States
                              Member #118691
                              November 6, 2011
                              416 Posts
                              Posted: March 6, 2014, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I'm superstitious.  I scratch in my car a lot before going into the gym.  It's kind of like a decompression thing after work.  I hit two places, get some scratchers, have an energy drink and scratch them on a magazine.  If the magazine has been a loser, I dump it but if it's a winner, I keep that thing forever until I go on a losing streak.

I also like to scratch the numbers first at the top and then I go prize first and then the number in each box and then look up to compare it with the top numbers.  I also always scratch the Fast Spot first.  This method kind of adds a little air of excitement to it.

My system lately has been pretty simple.  I go to 2 places after work and pick up a few scratchers.  My one place that has been great has been a bit cold lately but I did pick up a Gold there yesterday for $20 Winner 10X $2.  I didn't get the card number since I don't really track anything under $50.

My other lucky place continues to be pretty good.  Got a $10 LFL, won $20 and got another Gold off a new pack and hit $50 on it $20X $2 plus $10:  #280563-017.

Nothing huge but it keeps the train going I guess.  Anytime I can get a total of $50-$100 with only $30 spent that's effective for me at least.  What's weird is that two other times that I have streaked like this, I eventually hit two good ones($500 and $1,000) so that is in the back of my mind right now.  Could also be mental issues, lol.

Just going to continue to ride the Gold streak I guess until it goes cold which it will inevitably.  I have 2 other places I use as alternates when life gets cold at my 2 primary places.

Good info. Just curious how much do u spend on scratchers everyday and how much % is that of your monthly income?

Page 86 of 182