Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 8:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 90 of 182
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #152660
February 21, 2014
19 Posts
Posted: March 18, 2014, 2:10 am - IP Logged

Hi I'm a newbie and hooked on  $20 scratchers since I hit a decent 5k on $30 investment of one $20 and one ca black, I got jackpot with $200 in each spot, I've invested in few packs of them. Anyone know if people have logged their outcome of buying packs of 30? Worst return  had was $220 return best $465 all for the hunt of the big one.

nice win there bro!

I was just curious, but could u post your log of ticket # and what u won on it? I'm very curious.

On another note, I bought a 5mjp today ticket number 0 , got a ticket prize.

Orange County,CA
    United States
    Member #153515
    March 18, 2014
    8 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2014, 2:25 am - IP Logged

Do you mean the ticket number 0-29 or actual serial number? I have copy of it at work will post tomorrow once I know what you mean. I'm still torn if buying book of 30 is better than buying 30 tickets from 30 places. Did it once 30 separate got back $310 only because one was a $100. Hit a machine at albersons today bought one and it was $100. When I won the 5k, got free ticket first so went back in to get another.

United States
      Member #147165
      September 24, 2013
      507 Posts
      Posted: March 18, 2014, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to this thread! And congrats on that 5k win! Never seen anything more than 500 myself.

I never bought the entire set of 30 for the $20 scratchers, I was thinking about it. I believe I have calculated in this thread that 1 in 11 full sets will be a profitable return.

The game has so much break even prizes compared to other games, so you will need a significant bankroll to absorb the losses until you hit a $500 or more.

United States
        Member #147165
        September 24, 2013
        507 Posts
        Posted: March 18, 2014, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Two stores down the street from me (liquor and a Mobil station) each sold a $25k winner on the $20 ticket within a few weeks of each other. Consider yourself lucky with your $5k win; I've blown close to $700 collectively on those tickets and have never won more than $50.

I concur. I lost my lotto budget (over $1000) in about two months span playing the $20 game. I hit $100 3 times. My ROI was about 50% and I bought about 120 of those tickets.

United States
          Member #152660
          February 21, 2014
          19 Posts
          Posted: March 18, 2014, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Do you mean the ticket number 0-29 or actual serial number? I have copy of it at work will post tomorrow once I know what you mean. I'm still torn if buying book of 30 is better than buying 30 tickets from 30 places. Did it once 30 separate got back $310 only because one was a $100. Hit a machine at albersons today bought one and it was $100. When I won the 5k, got free ticket first so went back in to get another.

The ticket number (0-29) !

Very nice hits. If i were to buy 30 at once, i would definitely get a booklet of them. I don't know why.. it just seems like you're more likely to hit a 500 in a booklet than on 30 separate independent buys. Just my opinion though. I'd like to hear others!

United States
            Member #152660
            February 21, 2014
            19 Posts
            Posted: March 18, 2014, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Oh and I forgot to mention, they posted the new tickets on the calottery page!

The odds of hitting the 500 on the new $5 500 frenzy is 1 in 686 which I think is decent.

What do you guys think?

Good luck to everyone!

Pasadena, CA
              United States
              Member #153326
              March 13, 2014
              186 Posts
              Posted: March 18, 2014, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Considering the odds of hitting $500 on most $5 tickets are about 1 in 3,000 or so, I'd say the odds on the Frenzy game are obviously far better. I like the elimination of the $6 prize tier in favor of $10. I also like the idea of lower jackpots with exponentially better odds; $500 is nothing to sneeze at. However, I wouldn't chase that prize. The last thing you want to do is spend $500--or more--and only have $50 be your biggest win or something.

United States
                Member #147165
                September 24, 2013
                507 Posts
                Posted: March 18, 2014, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

Oh and I forgot to mention, they posted the new tickets on the calottery page!

The odds of hitting the 500 on the new $5 500 frenzy is 1 in 686 which I think is decent.

What do you guys think?

Good luck to everyone!

Probably the best odds ever to win $500 when taken into account the ticket cost ratio. I know there was a Hot $500 $2 game three years ago, but I think it was 1 in over 2400.

Best chance is the $20 ticket at 1 in 420, but you can buy 4 of these frenzy tickets.

The odds of a winning ticket (1 in 4.43) is quite high for $5 game, but the best part of $500, no taxes need to be reported.

California
                  United States
                  Member #147209
                  September 25, 2013
                  90 Posts
                  Posted: March 18, 2014, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

I don't like the buying books method at all.  The ROI for the most part is always never going to matchup.  You can get lucky but most books are designed as losers.  It's just the luck of the draw.  I run hot and cold.  I may go 2-3 days and do no better than a Ticket and then all of the sudden, I win multiples. 

I am currently in a cold streak.  Probably operating at a 50% ROI for the past week.  It's just the way it goes sometimes. 

I am ready for a new $10 game to replace LFL.  That one is just getting stale.  It's been around too long.  Plus with only 2 prizes left, the odds just seem so remote.  Then again, they are always remote unless you are the one who gets the magical card.  That's what makes the games fun in my opinion.  You just never know. 

The little lucky leprachaun Asian guy at my liquor store hasn't given me a good feel on a ticket in awhile.  When he does, I buy and his hit ratio is suprisingly high.  He speaks barely any English that is understandable but I know when he says "Buy this one over that one."

green sandals's avatar - bxvg
                    Costa Mesa
                    United States
                    Member #150634
                    December 27, 2013
                    157 Posts
                    Posted: March 18, 2014, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Hi I'm a newbie and hooked on  $20 scratchers since I hit a decent 5k on $30 investment of one $20 and one ca black, I got jackpot with $200 in each spot, I've invested in few packs of them. Anyone know if people have logged their outcome of buying packs of 30? Worst return  had was $220 return best $465 all for the hunt of the big one.

I've bought 2 packs of 5MJP, but both times I worked the decks, buying 5 or 10 at a time, rather than buying them all at once.  The first time it was a vending machine & the first group I got started with 028, meaning only one had been purchased by someone else.  I kept losing & losing but knew there had to be at least one 100 dollar or better W.  Finally when I got to 005 there was a 500 W.

The second time I purchased all 30 in blocks of 10, but ended up with only about 280 worth of winners.

For me, buying enough tickets to guarantee a few wins seems to work best (5 or 10 tickets at a time).  The big question mark is where the big winner in the deck is.

It's a constant struggle between risk management & buying enough tickets to find a big winner.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                      Los Angeles, California
                      United States
                      Member #149492
                      December 2, 2013
                      919 Posts
                      Posted: March 18, 2014, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

I don't know how reliable the posts are, but apparently this one guy found two $1,000 winners in the SAME pack ($5 Mega Crossword/1111).  It was posted on CA Lottery's Facebook page two days ago.  If true, I wonder if they hide large TP's along with upper mid-tier prizes in the same pack to throw people/chasers off.

Pasadena, CA
                        United States
                        Member #153326
                        March 13, 2014
                        186 Posts
                        Posted: March 18, 2014, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't be surprised. I don't know if these count as an upper or mid-tier prizes, but I bought some of those $5 Poker tickets and had $100, $15 and $50 winners all in the same set of six about a year ago.

United States
                          Member #147165
                          September 24, 2013
                          507 Posts
                          Posted: March 19, 2014, 12:22 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't be surprised. I don't know if these count as an upper or mid-tier prizes, but I bought some of those $5 Poker tickets and had $100, $15 and $50 winners all in the same set of six about a year ago.

I would consider Ticket to $100 to be low tier since the odds are 1 in less than a thousand

The CA Lottery I think considers $200 - $5000 to be mid tier and anything over $5000 to be upper tier

I once got 4 $50 winners from a set of 10 tickets, but to win $1000 at 1 in 40k odds on the same book is flat out incredible. The guy did post pictures of both tickets, but the 2nd one got cut off in in terms of the ticket code. That is 500 books for ONE $1000 prize on average.

United States
                            Member #147165
                            September 24, 2013
                            507 Posts
                            Posted: March 19, 2014, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Got owned by Mega Millions tonight.

Bought 2 sets of white ball quick picks with manually chosen Mega number 1 to 15

Only matched 1 white number at most for all of them for a loss of $28. My megas did not hit a single number.

LA CA
                              United States
                              Member #118691
                              November 6, 2011
                              416 Posts
                              Posted: March 19, 2014, 1:19 am - IP Logged

Out of my 2 MM, one MM got the MEGA (7) and one matching no(51). Guess what I got $1 :-(

Page 90 of 182