Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5254 replies. Last post 2 hours ago by pikachu13.

Page 330 of 351
PrintE-mailLink
FL
United States
Member #168858
September 20, 2015
131 Posts
Posted: October 15, 2016, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Dracos, agreed on the Fortune, I think we'll be seeing a few of those pop soon.  That's what I've been mostly playing, as they are generally better than any $20 ticket (the new ones are outright trash, and the 20GR has too few TP's remaining compared to circulation; perhaps 20 multiplier is worth a stab), and because the Fortune has so many top prizes remaining, and does seem quite due.  I tend to buy 4-5 at a time, as it seems to produce negligibly better results vs one and done, although I really don't think any strategy will prevent regressing back to the mean over the long term (stating the obvious of course).

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #61435
    May 22, 2008
    906 Posts
    Posted: October 15, 2016, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Florida
      United States
      Member #172872
      February 7, 2016
      600 Posts
      Posted: October 15, 2016, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Dracos, agreed on the Fortune, I think we'll be seeing a few of those pop soon.  That's what I've been mostly playing, as they are generally better than any $20 ticket (the new ones are outright trash, and the 20GR has too few TP's remaining compared to circulation; perhaps 20 multiplier is worth a stab), and because the Fortune has so many top prizes remaining, and does seem quite due.  I tend to buy 4-5 at a time, as it seems to produce negligibly better results vs one and done, although I really don't think any strategy will prevent regressing back to the mean over the long term (stating the obvious of course).

Agreed, and I'm wishing you the best of luck bud!

I've seen $25 Fortune tickets range from books #340k all the way up to 410k. I'm confident that some $1m prizes will be claimed soon, and possibly a $10m prize. Perhaps it is worth driving over to Cape Coral to buy tickets? Haha. =p

@ Clark - Sorry to hear about the mediocre returns. It seems $1 and $2 tickets can sometimes outperform $5 and up. Then again, the $5 and up tickets are where the life changing prizes are going to be found. 

@ Risky - For sure! The $2 Gold Rush still has a decent amount of top prizes there, although I bet ticket sales has slowed down considerably on alot of the older tickets due to new ones continuing to come out.

@ BuyLow - Gratz on the $500 win on Fortune!

Tampa, Fl
        United States
        Member #136502
        December 12, 2012
        109 Posts
        Posted: October 16, 2016, 2:41 am - IP Logged

On the way back from Orlando I hit a racetrack off exit 33 and bought a 5 dollar and 2 dollar monopoly.  5 dollar was a dud AS USUAL but the 2 dollar had a weird hit of 5 matches of 4.00 each lol  Never seen that combo before.  I'll post a pic in the morning.

Orlando, FL
          United States
          Member #95015
          August 1, 2010
          252 Posts
          Posted: October 17, 2016, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Picked up 5 more $20 Gold Rush Doubler this morning.  4 losers, which is normal for this game and on one I hit the golden nugget doubler symbol, in which I hit a $10 win, making it $20.  What a rip-off.

Pensacola, FL
            United States
            Member #164834
            March 16, 2015
            84 Posts
            Posted: October 17, 2016, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Picked up 5 more $20 Gold Rush Doubler this morning.  4 losers, which is normal for this game and on one I hit the golden nugget doubler symbol, in which I hit a $10 win, making it $20.  What a rip-off.

Wbrightfl just putting my two cents in. Maybe instead of always buying 5 in a row from the same place buy some one and dones. I've done so much better that way but at the same time I feel you bud. Just crazy how you always buy 5 at a time and they never pay off. I'm sorry I'm not trying to tell you what to do just my thoughts

Orlando, FL
              United States
              Member #95015
              August 1, 2010
              252 Posts
              Posted: October 17, 2016, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Wbrightfl just putting my two cents in. Maybe instead of always buying 5 in a row from the same place buy some one and dones. I've done so much better that way but at the same time I feel you bud. Just crazy how you always buy 5 at a time and they never pay off. I'm sorry I'm not trying to tell you what to do just my thoughts

Saturday purchases I did not post about:

1 - $25 Florida Cash - loser

1 - $25 $10,000,000 Fortune - loser

1 - $20 Monopoly - loser

1 - $20 Gold Rush Doubler - loser

1 - $10 Monopoly - won $10

1 - $10 Flamingo Fortune - loser

1 - $5 Platinum 7's - won $15

1 - $5 Monopoly - loser

So purchasing many of the same or different ones really doesn't make much difference here in Orlando.  perhaps they flood our market with losers for the tourists to buy, who knows.  In any case, time for another long break from scratchers for me.  Not fun losing all of the time they way they run the games now.

Tampa, Fl
                United States
                Member #136502
                December 12, 2012
                109 Posts
                Posted: October 17, 2016, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

Saturday purchases I did not post about:

1 - $25 Florida Cash - loser

1 - $25 $10,000,000 Fortune - loser

1 - $20 Monopoly - loser

1 - $20 Gold Rush Doubler - loser

1 - $10 Monopoly - won $10

1 - $10 Flamingo Fortune - loser

1 - $5 Platinum 7's - won $15

1 - $5 Monopoly - loser

So purchasing many of the same or different ones really doesn't make much difference here in Orlando.  perhaps they flood our market with losers for the tourists to buy, who knows.  In any case, time for another long break from scratchers for me.  Not fun losing all of the time they way they run the games now.

Same here in Tampa.  I've spent alot on 10 dollar monopoly and they are always duds.  It's sad that I have to pray for a break-even on a 10 dollar ticket.  As much as I've spent in the last few months I should have hit several hundred and five hundred and thousand wins  but it's been one dud after another.  It's just getting tedious and not fun anymore.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #172872
                  February 7, 2016
                  600 Posts
                  Posted: October 17, 2016, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

Played through 5x Electric 8s today, profited $10. I was getting my butt kicked on $25 Fortune, bought 8 different tickets. Thankfully, I found a $200 winner to make it a break even session ultimately. I'm noticing $25 Fortune tickets in the book ranges from #370k all the way up to 417k. Perhaps a $1M prize and $10M prize are in rural areas, or in a district office. I wish I knew the book the last $25 Fortune $1M prize was claimed so I could avoid those books. I'm seeing 417k in some Publix locations in Ft. Lauderdale and Coral Springs, making me believe these are some of the latest books to be released. 

I played through about 10 $20 Gold Rush Doubler, and found only one $20 winner. Despite this game, having great odds...it certainly does seem alot worse than others from my experiences.

Today was basically a break even. Two $200 winners, but a claim ticket would be nice. Heck, I haven't seen a $500 winner in maybe 6 months now. I've seen quite a few $100 and $200 winners, but are still kind of "meh" type of wins resulting in an ephemeral joy spree followed by the dark reality of not actually being ahead because of how much these tickets cost.

United States
                    Member #152942
                    March 1, 2014
                    65 Posts
                    Posted: October 18, 2016, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

Back in Florida to take care of some business. My sister and I decided to go in on a bunch of scratch offs. We got killed on new Gold Rush Doubler. Thought I had won a bunch of money on one ticket it cause I won on every spot. Fricking $2 on each one. But before we leave tomorrow we decided to do one more round of tickets. Ended up hitting for about $1300. So were leaving on a positive note. Here was the biggest winner for $1000.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #172872
                      February 7, 2016
                      600 Posts
                      Posted: October 18, 2016, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

Back in Florida to take care of some business. My sister and I decided to go in on a bunch of scratch offs. We got killed on new Gold Rush Doubler. Thought I had won a bunch of money on one ticket it cause I won on every spot. Fricking $2 on each one. But before we leave tomorrow we decided to do one more round of tickets. Ended up hitting for about $1300. So were leaving on a positive note. Here was the biggest winner for $1000.

Incredible win, Brock. With your luck, it wouldn't surprise me if you hit a jackpot while in FL. You've done extremely well on tickets here, perhaps better than Virginia?

I played some of the $20 Gold Rush Doubler today, and encountered a 7 ticket losing streak followed by a $20 winner. Absolutely disgusting. It was number 7 down to ticket number 000.  Additionally, I played 6 $25 Fortune tickets, and only found 1 winner for $30. All 6 were from the same roll. I'll double check them sometime later, but I don't think I missed anything. 

For some reason, I have no problem finding "big" wins on $1 tickets that have odds of 1/2000 - 1/4000. I just haven't had that same luck on anything above $1 in the past 6 months...I only bought 5 of the $1 Lots of Bucks. I've been searching for the $1 "Hundreds of Dollars" ticket, but been having problems finding that. That's always been my favorite $1 ticket, and my biggest win ($100) on a $1 ticket to date.

orlando,fl
                        United States
                        Member #89879
                        April 17, 2010
                        130 Posts
                        Posted: October 18, 2016, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

Incredible win, Brock. With your luck, it wouldn't surprise me if you hit a jackpot while in FL. You've done extremely well on tickets here, perhaps better than Virginia?

I played some of the $20 Gold Rush Doubler today, and encountered a 7 ticket losing streak followed by a $20 winner. Absolutely disgusting. It was number 7 down to ticket number 000.  Additionally, I played 6 $25 Fortune tickets, and only found 1 winner for $30. All 6 were from the same roll. I'll double check them sometime later, but I don't think I missed anything. 

For some reason, I have no problem finding "big" wins on $1 tickets that have odds of 1/2000 - 1/4000. I just haven't had that same luck on anything above $1 in the past 6 months...I only bought 5 of the $1 Lots of Bucks. I've been searching for the $1 "Hundreds of Dollars" ticket, but been having problems finding that. That's always been my favorite $1 ticket, and my biggest win ($100) on a $1 ticket to date.

I'd stay clear of 20 and 25 dollar tickets for that very reason. If you're finding that many losers in a row I wouldn't keep going. If you're winning on smaller tickets I'd stick with that and you may catch a big prize. I know the lottery website likes to only post pictures of big winners from $20 tickets and not of the smaller 1 or 2 dollar tickets to egg people on but I'm not buying into it.

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #172872
                          February 7, 2016
                          600 Posts
                          Posted: October 19, 2016, 12:00 am - IP Logged

I'd stay clear of 20 and 25 dollar tickets for that very reason. If you're finding that many losers in a row I wouldn't keep going. If you're winning on smaller tickets I'd stick with that and you may catch a big prize. I know the lottery website likes to only post pictures of big winners from $20 tickets and not of the smaller 1 or 2 dollar tickets to egg people on but I'm not buying into it.

You're absolutely right Speeddmon, I need to follow your advice. I've successfully taken a 2 1/2 week break from scratchers a week ago. I think I'm going to enter another 2-4 week break, and when I return I'm going to try to stick to $1 and $2 tickets only. Even losing on 5 $2 tickets in a row isn't a huge deal, only $10 or the price of a meal. Chasing, and losing on $20 and $25 tickets = 100's of dollars, literally food for a month or multiple tanks of gas. The thought of it is very disgusting when you think about it. Granted, I know there has to be a substantial amount of losers to pay for the big winners, but this is ridiculous. I think Texas Lottery offers a better percentage return on average on the more expensive tickets.

Sure, there are a few big winners out there. The overwhelming majority who play $20 and $25 tickets regularly can find themselves losing hundreds of dollars weekly, up to thousands yearly. If I don't win $200 or above, my typical return rate on a $20 or $25 ticket is probably 33%. I tend to get at least 30-50% on $1/$2 tickets, with the occasional $10, $20, or larger winner to put me in the profit mark for the day.

Some of those FL Lottery Twitter posts are very suspicious, especially that guy who keeps thanking the FL Lottery for every single $100 winner he finds...heck, he'll even thank them for A $20 win on the $20 LFL ticket, lol. 

Anyway, time for another hiatus for me. Wishing you the best of luck Speeddmon!

orlando,fl
                            United States
                            Member #89879
                            April 17, 2010
                            130 Posts
                            Posted: October 19, 2016, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

You're absolutely right Speeddmon, I need to follow your advice. I've successfully taken a 2 1/2 week break from scratchers a week ago. I think I'm going to enter another 2-4 week break, and when I return I'm going to try to stick to $1 and $2 tickets only. Even losing on 5 $2 tickets in a row isn't a huge deal, only $10 or the price of a meal. Chasing, and losing on $20 and $25 tickets = 100's of dollars, literally food for a month or multiple tanks of gas. The thought of it is very disgusting when you think about it. Granted, I know there has to be a substantial amount of losers to pay for the big winners, but this is ridiculous. I think Texas Lottery offers a better percentage return on average on the more expensive tickets.

Sure, there are a few big winners out there. The overwhelming majority who play $20 and $25 tickets regularly can find themselves losing hundreds of dollars weekly, up to thousands yearly. If I don't win $200 or above, my typical return rate on a $20 or $25 ticket is probably 33%. I tend to get at least 30-50% on $1/$2 tickets, with the occasional $10, $20, or larger winner to put me in the profit mark for the day.

Some of those FL Lottery Twitter posts are very suspicious, especially that guy who keeps thanking the FL Lottery for every single $100 winner he finds...heck, he'll even thank them for A $20 win on the $20 LFL ticket, lol. 

Anyway, time for another hiatus for me. Wishing you the best of luck Speeddmon!

Thanks although it seems no matter what ticket I play 1 to 25$ I can't net a win for the life of me. I have been sticking to mostly $5 the past few weeks and letting the clerks choose for me rather than me picking one out and still losing. Not sure what to try next lol.

orlando,fl
                              United States
                              Member #89879
                              April 17, 2010
                              130 Posts
                              Posted: October 19, 2016, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

Well who wants to play guess that prize? LOL Went to Winn Dixie tonight for some spaghetti and had a employee pick my ticket. 8 matched but I"m imagining the pastabilities of what it could be. In reality I know it's probably $5 or at best $10 but what about $250,000 lol.http://postimg.org/image/6976vjfwb/

Page 330 of 351