Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5292 replies. Last post 31 minutes ago by Woodro.

Page 324 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #162133
December 23, 2014
143 Posts
Posted: September 26, 2016, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Outstanding, Lucid!!!  That's the ticket. 

When you decide to go to the district office of your choice, you will be given a check for the whole 1000.00...unless you owe the state for back child support or something. When it's time to do taxes in 2017, then you claim your winning ticket(s).  Big congrats!

Jacksonville
    United States
    Member #153806
    March 26, 2014
    345 Posts
    Posted: September 26, 2016, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Outstanding, Lucid!!!  That's the ticket. 

When you decide to go to the district office of your choice, you will be given a check for the whole 1000.00...unless you owe the state for back child support or something. When it's time to do taxes in 2017, then you claim your winning ticket(s).  Big congrats!

This sums it up.  If you itemize your deductions (i.e., use Schedule A), you can deduct gambling losses up to the amount of your gambling winnings to remove the potential tax bite.

Florida
      United States
      Member #171925
      January 13, 2016
      316 Posts
      Posted: September 26, 2016, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Congrats lucid.

I'm curious what the book number on it is.

Florida
        United States
        Member #172872
        February 7, 2016
        613 Posts
        Posted: September 26, 2016, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

Incredible win! Congratulations Lucid! :)

Cape Coral
          United States
          Member #173988
          March 28, 2016
          216 Posts
          Posted: September 26, 2016, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Awesome win Lucid!  I need to move back to $5 and $10 tickets.  These $20 ones have been brutal to me.

Florida
            United States
            Member #167757
            July 29, 2015
            360 Posts
            Posted: September 26, 2016, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Awesome win Lucid!  I need to move back to $5 and $10 tickets.  These $20 ones have been brutal to me.

Hoover up all the remaining Power 8's. There can't be that many.

Tampa, Fl
              United States
              Member #136502
              December 12, 2012
              110 Posts
              Posted: September 27, 2016, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Been having a good win streak lately.  Hope to hit a jackpot eventually :P

orlando,fl
                United States
                Member #89879
                April 17, 2010
                132 Posts
                Posted: September 27, 2016, 1:26 am - IP Logged

Congrats Lucid. I had a dream last night that I had won $500 on a scratch off ticket so I went out and bought one that looked like the one in my dream and the closest one was Platinum 7's. Well I won with a Red Double 7 and I'm sure you can guess what amount was under there lol. Anyway that's my best win so far this month, have been on a losing streak all month.

Pensacola, FL
                  United States
                  Member #164834
                  March 16, 2015
                  85 Posts
                  Posted: September 27, 2016, 8:40 am - IP Logged

Thanks guys yeah it was a big surprise. I was at a school working on the fire alarm and they asked me to come back later so went to the station next to the school which is in a pretty bad neighborhood. Funny that my biggest wins are from bad neighborhood gas stations. But anyway I bought 2 platinum 7s and a crossword doubler. doubler lost and 1st 7s lost as well. I literally thought it was 10.00 underneath or a 5. I really didn't believe it at first that never happens to me. And no unfortunately I didn't get the roll number :(

and thank you chdicki. Glad to see you are back and doing as good as you can be. It's nice always hearing your positive vibes you channel thru these posts.

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #171925
                    January 13, 2016
                    316 Posts
                    Posted: September 27, 2016, 8:51 am - IP Logged

That's interesting.

One of the triple play prizes is gone, and 2 of the P7 prizes are gone.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #167757
                      July 29, 2015
                      360 Posts
                      Posted: September 27, 2016, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Got kicked in the teeth by $20 FM today. Ten in a row duds. Not the first (or even fifth) time I've had that happen at this price level, but man does it sting. Returning to one-and-done for a while.

Also, I picked up a Gold Rush Doubler, revealed a big bold 10X  symbol, got excited for twelve milliseconds, remembered the posts here, revealed the inevitable $2.00, and just about crushed the ticket.

United States
                        Member #175359
                        June 12, 2016
                        101 Posts
                        Posted: September 27, 2016, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Got kicked in the teeth by $20 FM today. Ten in a row duds. Not the first (or even fifth) time I've had that happen at this price level, but man does it sting. Returning to one-and-done for a while.

Also, I picked up a Gold Rush Doubler, revealed a big bold 10X  symbol, got excited for twelve milliseconds, remembered the posts here, revealed the inevitable $2.00, and just about crushed the ticket.

MrGray, I can understand how you might have felt for 10X and $2.00 in Gold Rush Doubler as I had same experience last week....I thought about following $2M Holiday after reading the discussion in this forum....When I asked Miami DO for list of shops that has this game available, they sent me only 4 stores and I was extremely excited to see that and spent almost $150 (15 tickets) and all are duds...Later I found out from another email from Miami DO that the list of stores in Miami DO is 23 pages long including those stores where it's received!!!!

I spent almost around $6k in last 6 months totally and I am planning to stop playing scratch-offs in a long term!!!! It's too much of addiction and waste of money but no logic/sense in playing scratch-offs at least in the state of Florida where they can fool immigrants, minorities and low income/educated people...Texas Lottery is much better with their less revenue and giving all the information in their website....I don't see any reason FL Lottery is going to change in near future and so, I am saying bye to this insane FL Lottery phase in my life!!!!

Tampa, Fl
                          United States
                          Member #136502
                          December 12, 2012
                          110 Posts
                          Posted: September 28, 2016, 12:32 am - IP Logged

$2 shouldn't even be a prize option on a $20 ticket. Mad

Pensacola, FL
                            United States
                            Member #164834
                            March 16, 2015
                            85 Posts
                            Posted: September 28, 2016, 10:30 am - IP Logged

While I was at the Pensacola office lottery there was a lady behind me with a $5000 prize on the $5 monopoly. Just saw a 10000 hit on fla lotterys website also with those new platinum 7s. That would be nice

United States
                              Member #175371
                              June 13, 2016
                              210 Posts
                              Posted: September 28, 2016, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Knowing it is $2 under each, but dreaming of those tickets with $100 or $400 under each

Page 324 of 353