Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5299 replies. Last post 2 hours ago by lucid850.

Page 88 of 354
PrintE-mailLink
Florida
United States
Member #166201
May 9, 2015
51 Posts
Posted: May 21, 2015, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

I am 100% truthful, I have very bad OCD and anxiety, and I really could not live with myself if I deviated too far from my budget every month. 100/wk on lotto is still $5200 a year, that's not a small amount of money, to me anyway. And like everyone else, I still lose more than I win.

I will say that I think the only reason I see wins at all is because of the reason I like to play on Thursdays. A lot of people live paycheck to paycheck, a lot of people get paid on Fridays, but they are broke on Wednesday and Thursday, from spending Friday-Tuesday, whether it's bills, food and even lotto! So that's when I visit the same couple stores in my neighbourhood once a week, or if I win anything over $100, I will keep playing. I explained this a few months ago. Just because I see wins, doesn't means I don't lose sometimes. But my budget is always $100 of my own money for lotto per week. If I lose the $100, tough. If I win, great.

Same here...although I only started playing $100/wk just the last couple of weeks or so.  Buying the 1 or 2 tickets, or even 3 or 4, never did anything for me.  It almost became boring.

if you're borrowing or living pc-2-pc to play this stuff, then it's definitely NOT what you should be doing.  I LOVE cruising, and go quite often, so I really save up most of the in-betweens to afford my 3-4 cruises a year (and they are NOT with Carnival; these cruises are not the cheapy ones).  You just align your spending with what's important to you, and so long as it doesn't affect your job, your Family, and your finances, it's all good.  I just complain because I don't win enough (who does?!).

I stick with my strategy now of playing $100/wk, where some weeks will cost the full $100, while others, will only be the difference of previous winnings.

Largo
    United States
    Member #157181
    July 11, 2014
    192 Posts
    Posted: May 21, 2015, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

I don't live pc-to-pc, I earn a decent living for a 30 yr old single woman. I have a budget because I'd prefer not to go broke any time soon. In my area there are a lot of older people on fixed income, and due to the amount of grocery stores and fast food places, I imagine a lot of people on minimum wage. So I bet my odds on them buying up all the losers from the few stores I play at. None of the stores are that high traffic, they will have the same rolls of tickets for a whole week, sometimes 2 before it runs out. But I have mentioned to Skeptic before that I worry that people feel like I am rubbing a win in their face, which is never my intention. this is only my 2nd $1,000, my last one was back in December, so I wouldn't say that my "luck" is any better than anyone's, nor are my wins back to back.

Largo
      United States
      Member #157181
      July 11, 2014
      192 Posts
      Posted: May 21, 2015, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Same here...although I only started playing $100/wk just the last couple of weeks or so.  Buying the 1 or 2 tickets, or even 3 or 4, never did anything for me.  It almost became boring.

if you're borrowing or living pc-2-pc to play this stuff, then it's definitely NOT what you should be doing.  I LOVE cruising, and go quite often, so I really save up most of the in-betweens to afford my 3-4 cruises a year (and they are NOT with Carnival; these cruises are not the cheapy ones).  You just align your spending with what's important to you, and so long as it doesn't affect your job, your Family, and your finances, it's all good.  I just complain because I don't win enough (who does?!).

I stick with my strategy now of playing $100/wk, where some weeks will cost the full $100, while others, will only be the difference of previous winnings.

If you haven't tried Crystal Cruises yet, you should! I went on one the year before last, and it was the most amazing vacation I have ever been on.

odomw12's avatar - disney01
        tampa, FL
        United States
        Member #166395
        May 18, 2015
        25 Posts
        Posted: May 21, 2015, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

hi Kfla.  Nice job today.... I just read your reply... and as another OCD'er i think i will adopt the 100 limit for the week.. That way things dont get out of hand for myself..... Thank you for that idea.

FLORIDA
          United States
          Member #127998
          May 14, 2012
          404 Posts
          Posted: May 21, 2015, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on your wins Kfla, im with skeptic, usually buy "several" and keep chasing from there, has not done me well in the last few years.

biggest hit 10k, Jubilee, 5K Miami Heat, 2K Emerald 8s, 1k jubilee, 1k GRT, 1k heat wave, multiple 500's

good luck in the chase 2013 wins, maybe 4 500's

Largo
            United States
            Member #157181
            July 11, 2014
            192 Posts
            Posted: May 21, 2015, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on your wins Kfla, im with skeptic, usually buy "several" and keep chasing from there, has not done me well in the last few years.

I always assume you guys are just in a better position financially to do that. I just went back and read all my posts, and the one time I bought more than 4 tickets this year was in March, I bought 7 after winning $500. Even if I posted all my financial statements there will still be 'skeptics" lol no pun intended, but I can only speak from my own experience. As I mentioned before, I did not expect to do well today at all, because I've had losses recently. And to answer Skeptic's question from before, I play at only about 4 stores, sometimes I will spend my whole $100 at one, sometimes I'll do 50 at one and 50 at another. The results are still very random. And I guess I don't really chase a roll because I know I'm not playing to win a jackpot, the odds of that are too bad for that to motivate me, it would be great to win big some day, but just getting my money back for the day is all I hope for usually.

Florida
              United States
              Member #166201
              May 9, 2015
              51 Posts
              Posted: May 21, 2015, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

If you haven't tried Crystal Cruises yet, you should! I went on one the year before last, and it was the most amazing vacation I have ever been on.

Haha!  Lest we turn this blog in to a Cruise blog (on enough of those! :P )  But, we're Loyal to Princess...for now (Elite members).  I will look it up!

Florida
                United States
                Member #166201
                May 9, 2015
                51 Posts
                Posted: May 21, 2015, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Haha...getting back just HALF of my "donation" is a "win" for me.

Although, now that I'm doing the $100 buys on either Saturday or Sunday (no other day for me - "House rules"), I hope I can get MORE than half back.  So far, not too shabby since I started the $100 buying situation.  Now, Birthday coming up...should I splurge?!?!?  :P

Orlando, FL
                  United States
                  Member #95015
                  August 1, 2010
                  254 Posts
                  Posted: May 22, 2015, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

This has been the worst week for me all year.  The new Power 8's were a sever disappointment.  I purchased 40 Power 8's this week with only 3 winning anything and the wins were tiny.  I did see a $2,000 Power 8's winner here in Orlando though.  The $25 Florida Cash has dried up.  Mostly losing tickets out there now.  Gold Rush $10 and $20 still mostly losing tickets out there.  The only scratcher I came close to breaking even this week was the $20 Millionaire Monopoly, where I won back basically what I put into it.  Down just over $400 for the week. 

Time to take another break, a long one.

United States
                    Member #162133
                    December 23, 2014
                    143 Posts
                    Posted: May 22, 2015, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

First of all, to Risky and Kfla, outstanding!  I'm happy for both of you.  WWWWWWWWTTTTTTGGGGGGGGG!

I've had a few up and way down days lately.  The day the new tickets came out, I know i bought at least 20 of the dollar tickets...won six bucks!  I've had at least 3 of the 'red eights'...all for two bucks a pop.  The two dollar tickets...maybe broke even on them so far. 

Yesterday I had my biggest loosing streak ever!  Bought the last 11 Bring Bens tickets...049-059.  Won $15 on the first ticket, followed by TEN losers in a row!!!  I've had 10 in a row on one and two dollar tickets, but never on a five dollar ticket!  Bought 2 super millions out of anger and  broke even.

Cashed in my one 40.00 ticket for two of the gold rush 20's after work today...#008 was a 2X for 10 and 010 was a single match for 100.00.  There was no 009???

Gonna spend sixty later tonight and pocket sixty for a rainy day.  Good fortune, everyone.  Looking for more big tickets to see here...for all of us...

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #166201
                      May 9, 2015
                      51 Posts
                      Posted: May 22, 2015, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

wbrightfl...I couldn't agree more with your sentiment about taking another looooooooooooong break.  Could I spend $400/week on lotto tickets, sure.  Would I?  Hella -NO!  Please heed your own advice and take a break.  Buying out of frustration I doubt is how you planned all this.  That's very dangerous, and I don't even know you at all - but I worry for you.  Have a good, long weekend with friends/family (whoever!).  Get out there an enjoy this awesome weather!

I've picked up my weekly allotment in one of the worst parts of town, but it was day-time, crime-scene tape was still up, and the hooligans are still sleeping off last night's binge and getting prepared for tonight's mayhem.  So, good time to be out.  Found a gas station with all the local Cuban men yelling (actually, that's playful tones) at each other in conversation.  I surprised the Clerk when I asked for (ok, hit me with a bonk NOW!!) 20x Power 8's!  Bwahaha!!  Just giving them their chance at my weekly since they're new to the field.

Wish me luck!  Have tickets: 1274-0014934-6-007 thru -026  .   If only there was a way to know which series has the big winners!  :)  Good luck to everyone, as well!

Orlando, FL
                        United States
                        Member #95015
                        August 1, 2010
                        254 Posts
                        Posted: May 22, 2015, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Good luck northerndynasty!

I used to buy scratchers in an Indian Food mart in one of the sketchy parts of Orlando and thats when I was buying and winning a lot playing Billion Dollar Blockbuster.  I was always nervous pulling out $300 or more to purchase the scratchers with some shady looking people standing around.  Never had an issue, but always thought about the possibility. 

My bad luck this month is making up for my great luck last month.  April I won $1,000 once, $500 twice, $400 once and $100 several times all playing the $25 Florida Cash.  The last 2 weeks the most I have hit on the Florida Cash is $50.  Numerous losing tickets in the market now.  I will take a lottery vacation while these losing tickets are sold through.  Hopefully in June we will see things turn back around for the positive.

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #166201
                          May 9, 2015
                          51 Posts
                          Posted: May 22, 2015, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

Thank you, wbrightfl!  I'll take all the luck I can get!  With the birthday coming on Monday, we're going to hold off on scratching these until then.  We'll see about some others between now-and-then...but $100 is my limit, and it's ear-marked as a gift to myself this weekend.

Tampa, Fl
                            United States
                            Member #136502
                            December 12, 2012
                            110 Posts
                            Posted: May 22, 2015, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

So I hit another $20 on the power 8s and I noticed every win I've had was on the first 10 tickets so if you see a new roll try to get those first few. Smile

The 400 dollar win was on #05 and the one I just hit was also #05

United States
                              Member #159617
                              October 2, 2014
                              246 Posts
                              Posted: May 22, 2015, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

I don't play much but was at a gas station and the lady that works there had a $500 winner on monopoly and a $1000 super million winner she said she has win over $2000 this week so I got a $25 Florida cash and win $200. Good luck guys.

Page 88 of 354