Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5257 replies. Last post 1 hour ago by EMTAdam.

Page 91 of 351
PrintE-mailLink
Florida
United States
Member #166201
May 9, 2015
51 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2015, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Wow!  Some of those stretches of losing tickets is actually surprising.  I mean, I can see "several", but some of the numbers you're mentioning are not fair (yeah, I know, life's not fair).

For me...the first and last ticket have (so long as I can remember), ALWAYS been a losing ticket for me.

Interesting stats...thanks for posting!

Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #62713
    July 6, 2008
    3715 Posts
    Posted: May 25, 2015, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

I want to echo the comments about the gradual erosion of the quality prizes in the scratch-off games over the past several years.  Statistically, the return on the scratch-off games has declined over the several years.  This has happened in three general ways:

1.  Top prizes have been reduced in value from a $3M (or more) top prize and a $1M (or $500K) second place prize to a $3M top prize and a $100K second place prize.  (compare the Billion Dollar Blockbuster, $3M Monopoly, Millionaire Club, Gold Rush Tripler, $200 L4L, etc to the new Super Millions, $600M Gold Rush and Flamingo Fortune).  This is true for $20 games.  The $10 games have been changed a little less drastically but the $20,000 prize level was eliminated in all $10 games after the $200M Spectacular. 
    2. The top prizes in all $10, $20 and $25 games are now paid over 25 years instead of 20 years which results in a lower value when claiming the lump sum prize (which almost everyone does).
    3. The lower tier prizes of $500 and $1,000 have been made gradually more difficult to win.  Also, the new $25 games no longer offer a $10,000 prize level.  The overall changes do not have to be very drastic all at once.  The Lottery operates on a large volume of ticket sales.  If the return on a new game drops from 55% (old game) to 53% (new game), most players will not notice the difference.  But that additional 2% margin is huge to the Lottery when they are looking at ticket sales in excess of $100M for multiple new $5 - $25 games.

I suspect these changes to increase profitability are due to the fact that the legislature needs more money each year from the Florida Lottery to fund Bright Future's Scholarship and higher education.  Also, operating costs (distribution costs, dealer incentives ($2K bonuses for selling top prize tickets), wages increases) increase every year. 

The Florida Lottery has to earn more money from a relatively static group of players.  Unlike other businesses, the Florida Lottery cannot easily raise prices to make up the difference. They are not going to sell $21 scratch-off tickets or $1.15 scratch-off tickets.   

Every time a new game comes out or a change is made to an existing game, the new product is typically inferior to the old product because the new product's sole purpose is to generate more revenue for the Florida Lottery than the old product. 

I don't foresee any change in the near future.  I am just going to have to hope to be in the right place at the right time...

After reading this post from gatorsrok it should be clear that all you need, is to be in the right place at the right time. Its a business and will be treated as such by the Florida lottery. Therefore in my opinion, I am going to agree with what skeptic noted in a previous post, that if you are worried about how much you are spending, then you should not be playing in the first place. I am assuming we are all responsible adults and know how much we can and can't spend. I believe this thread is about posting winning Pics, to bring a positive mind frame and to visualize our next win no matter what the budget for each individual person has for playing. Obviously if you see someone posting alot of winners often (Over $100) , mathematically one has to assume they are buying quite a bit of tickets. In the end its about having fun and hoping to hit a Life changing one. Good Luck on the Chase !!!

Keep moving Forward.

SARASOTA, FL
      United States
      Member #95778
      August 17, 2010
      1090 Posts
      Posted: May 25, 2015, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

After reading this post from gatorsrok it should be clear that all you need, is to be in the right place at the right time. Its a business and will be treated as such by the Florida lottery. Therefore in my opinion, I am going to agree with what skeptic noted in a previous post, that if you are worried about how much you are spending, then you should not be playing in the first place. I am assuming we are all responsible adults and know how much we can and can't spend. I believe this thread is about posting winning Pics, to bring a positive mind frame and to visualize our next win no matter what the budget for each individual person has for playing. Obviously if you see someone posting alot of winners often (Over $100) , mathematically one has to assume they are buying quite a bit of tickets. In the end its about having fun and hoping to hit a Life changing one. Good Luck on the Chase !!!

You tell 'em Lucki - you're a smart guy and your explanation should get some people to lighten and brigten up !  Spot on !!

Ran over to Publix for some 'back up'  a few minutes ago and saw they still had the black GRT in the counter. I asked Giselle the clerk how many are there ? She said three left Mr. Ed and we ain't gettin anymore ...... So I scooped them uo and look what I found !!!

Just wanted to comment about the $20 games I liked and won the most from 1- BILLION DOLLAR BLOCKBUSTER 2- GOLD RUSH AND GOLD RUSH TRIPLE. 3- $3,000,000 JUBILEE. 4- the ten dollar $200 MS ........The rest of the games I played feverishly and just as much but never won even close to the games I listed.

What's your favs ?

PIC BELOW

SARASOTA, FL
        United States
        Member #95778
        August 17, 2010
        1090 Posts
        Posted: May 25, 2015, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #62713
          July 6, 2008
          3715 Posts
          Posted: May 25, 2015, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

Congrats skeptic Cheers - You have always done great with GRT Thumbs Up

Keep moving Forward.

Jacksonville
            United States
            Member #153806
            March 26, 2014
            345 Posts
            Posted: May 25, 2015, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Congrats skeptic Cheers - You have always done great with GRT Thumbs Up

Great win skeptic. To this day, I've never won anything over $100 on any gold rush game and I've bought plenty of tickets. 

My favorite games were the Billion Dollar Blockbuster (despite difficulty scratching it), $200 Million Spectacular and $200K a Year for Life (I'm 33 and the life annuity would be life-changing).  I've had some luck on other games, but I don't necessarily care for them. 

On a side note, I receive an instant liability report for the 100X the Cash that was accurate as of May 5th.  The tickets are 98% sold out.  Therefore, the shortage is simply that they are almost gone.  I believe the lotto released all the $1M and $5M prizes.  However, in nearly every other past game, the top prizes were a single match in the top row of the ticket.  This made spotting the prize very easy and nearly guaranteed that top prizes would be won and claimed.

For the 100X the Cash, the $1M and $5M prizes are still a single match number but the number can be anywhere on the ticket.  This may seem immaterial, but if you look at all of the instant liability reports (which I have seen over a dozen), the different ways of winning a prize (for example a $100 win could be 4 wins of $25, 2 wins of $50, 10X $10 or just a single match of $100) strongly indicate that people miss the single match prize on a ticket.  The single match prize means that one of the "winning numbers" matches one of "your numbers" without the need for a multiplier, multiple wins or a "win all" symbol.  The odds are great that at least one or two of the $1M prizes and possibly the $5M prize were scratched off by somebody and that person discarded the ticket because they thought it was a loser. 

This is just my theory, but it seems to be supported by the numbers across many games.  In any event, I've been buying up the 100X the cash tickets when I can find them. I've had two $400 wins and two $500 wins recently.  However, those wins still don't put me ahead on the game.

United States
              Member #159617
              October 2, 2014
              246 Posts
              Posted: May 26, 2015, 1:08 am - IP Logged

I just came in to check the post see if anything good was win. Its a lot cheaper to see winners then try lol. But I think its awesome that you guys are doing your own investigation I love it. Keep us updates and the code new is really good infovi used to see that code a lot go figure.

Florida
                United States
                Member #151010
                January 5, 2014
                198 Posts
                Posted: May 26, 2015, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

It's possible someone discards the ticket accidentally. But can't the lottery system tell when the ticket is purchased as they are normally scanned out? Although they say they don't know where winners go to, I've got to think for auditing purposes they have to account for the rolls with the jackpot winners and eventually identify where those rolls after the fact and the game has concluded just to provide a decent conclusion.

Anyways, I stopped by the Chevron in Micanopy near I-75 Exit 374, one of the few places that has 100X tickets. This time the roll was on #35 and so I bought 1. It was a $40 winner with a couple matching numbers. Then I did something I don't normally do: I bought the next 1, probably because I was going to buy the rest of the roll. #36 looked bad until I got to the very last spot and got a BURST symbol for $100. So I cash that (was surprised the attendant could do that cause I get grief at a lot of places that they won't normally pay more than $50)

Back to back winners for $140 and $90 profit, getting me back the money I lost on the 3 losers a few weeks ago. I wasn't tempting fate and left #37-#39 on the shelf. Maybe there's something good, but I'll leave it to someone else to find out.

The Sunoco in Micanopy on 441 also still has (or had) 100X tix but I didn't go there because the attendant was actively scratching tickets themselves.

The BP on Archer Rd across from the Bartram Apartment complex also still had them, but not sure if they still do. Most of the areas in Ocala have tried up. I might go back to that Mom&Pop on Magnolia and see if he's sold any on the roll I bought from a few weeks ago.

Orlando, FL
                  United States
                  Member #95015
                  August 1, 2010
                  252 Posts
                  Posted: May 27, 2015, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Well I took one week off from playing scratchers.  This morning I stopped into the Publix on my way to work and purchased 2 x $25 Florida Cash  (each from different rolls), 1 $20 Gold Rush, 1 $20 Monopoly Millionaire and 4 x $5 Power 8's.  I can see I need to take more than a week off as everything was losers. Taking the rest of this week off.

SARASOTA, FL
                    United States
                    Member #95778
                    August 17, 2010
                    1090 Posts
                    Posted: May 27, 2015, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Well I took one week off from playing scratchers.  This morning I stopped into the Publix on my way to work and purchased 2 x $25 Florida Cash  (each from different rolls), 1 $20 Gold Rush, 1 $20 Monopoly Millionaire and 4 x $5 Power 8's.  I can see I need to take more than a week off as everything was losers. Taking the rest of this week off.

Instead - why not move during the week off to a city or near to one that's well know for  producing winners ?

Sorry to hear your luck hasn't changed - yet !

Ripped thru a bunch of $25 tix this morning and the BEST was $30 ....... wanted to severely beat up the clerk who said, "Buy these now - they're really HOT ! "

FLORIDA
                      United States
                      Member #127998
                      May 14, 2012
                      404 Posts
                      Posted: May 27, 2015, 11:45 am - IP Logged

i took about a week off to, but decided i would blow 100 today, bought 4 100x got 80 back a 30 and 2x25, spent that 80 on 200k for life 40 of them, won 50 spent that on the new 25 dollar tickets ...duds, game set match over.  how long ago was it that the lottery said all the tickets were out, that shold have been a winner by now.

biggest hit 10k, Jubilee, 5K Miami Heat, 2K Emerald 8s, 1k jubilee, 1k GRT, 1k heat wave, multiple 500's

good luck in the chase 2013 wins, maybe 4 500's

SARASOTA, FL
                        United States
                        Member #95778
                        August 17, 2010
                        1090 Posts
                        Posted: May 27, 2015, 11:53 am - IP Logged

i took about a week off to, but decided i would blow 100 today, bought 4 100x got 80 back a 30 and 2x25, spent that 80 on 200k for life 40 of them, won 50 spent that on the new 25 dollar tickets ...duds, game set match over.  how long ago was it that the lottery said all the tickets were out, that shold have been a winner by now.

Hey LONERANGER !!  I just looked on FLORIDALOTTERY - there's an * next to 100X - are they now reordering them OR have they been sitting in a warehouse (as they say) ready to get circulated ??

I never clearly understood what the * meant. Do You ?

Orlando, FL
                          United States
                          Member #95015
                          August 1, 2010
                          252 Posts
                          Posted: May 27, 2015, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Instead - why not move during the week off to a city or near to one that's well know for  producing winners ?

Sorry to hear your luck hasn't changed - yet !

Ripped thru a bunch of $25 tix this morning and the BEST was $30 ....... wanted to severely beat up the clerk who said, "Buy these now - they're really HOT ! "

Yeah I would be irritated at that clerk too Skeptic! 

The Publix I went to this morning is the one which I won $1,000 and $500 twice last month playing the $25 Florida Cash.  I'm thinking the HOT rolls from the beginning of that scratcher is over.  Mostly losers out there now.  That new Power 8's is really Power Crap.  I will keep my scratcher buying to a minimum for now.  It's bound to pick back up sooner or later.

FLORIDA
                            United States
                            Member #127998
                            May 14, 2012
                            404 Posts
                            Posted: May 27, 2015, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

I recently for the second time had a clerk a one of my usual buying establishments make the comment that their store was one of the top prize selling stores in jacksonville, i normally just take things in but i had to set her straight on just how crappy the tickets are at their store.  its unreal what these people spew.

biggest hit 10k, Jubilee, 5K Miami Heat, 2K Emerald 8s, 1k jubilee, 1k GRT, 1k heat wave, multiple 500's

FLORIDA
                              United States
                              Member #127998
                              May 14, 2012
                              404 Posts
                              Posted: May 27, 2015, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

i always knew the * meant reorder, i always used the rules page as the starting point, but it would be like them to do another reprint to get more garbage on the street than to release those remaining winners.

Page 91 of 351