Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is anyone making an income from lottery

Topic closed. 629 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 40 of 42
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7322 Posts
Posted: May 10, 2013, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

If there was more than a glimmer of understanding from a handful of people, it might make sense to continue, but there isn't.  This REALLY is a waste of time.  Why provide entertainment for a bunch of clowns without receiving any compensation?

"This REALLY is a waste of time."

I'm still trying to figure out why you would think preaching to the wrong choir would be worthwhile. The debate never was about understanding the math but how math is applied and because of your Delusions of Grandeur, you can't see it. 

"Why provide entertainment for a bunch of clowns without receiving any compensation?"

You can't even get your "parting shot" right because it is the clowns who provide the entertainment. Thanks for even more entertainment; I really enjoyed your drama queen approach with "really" in bold capital letters.

I give it a big Thumbs Up.

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: May 10, 2013, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

"I'm a stock market trader."

LMAO!

Speaking of Delusions of Grandeur.

It's really not that daunting, Stack47.

If you apply yourself and/or enlist the help of a friend, I'm sure you can learn to be a Stock Trader too.

https://www.scottrade.com

--Jimmy4164

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: May 10, 2013, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

I never said anything about QPs.............. You are a yellow communist. Do you deny it?

Maybe he is a red communist day trader who uses the flag formation for trading, but then says the flag formation is stupid for lotto?

London
        United Kingdom
        Member #140684
        March 24, 2013
        566 Posts
        Posted: May 10, 2013, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

The only people making money, are the people who have won big and earning interest.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: May 10, 2013, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Maybe he is a red communist day trader who uses the flag formation for trading, but then says the flag formation is stupid for lotto?

Good point.... Jammy a day trader......Green laugh

Lurking

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: May 10, 2013, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

I have my regular numbers in play. Perhaps an income producing play?

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
              Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1736 Posts
              Posted: May 10, 2013, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

"Just what is it that compels you to waste your time trying to debunk my scientific approach"

It's my time and my choice on how I spend it even if that includes commenting and laughing at an idiotic speculation.

"25,000 players buying Five(5) $1.00 Straight Quick Pick tickets per day for Five(5) Years, or 1825 Days."

You probably couldn't find 100 real Pick-3 players that would purchase one $1 straight QP ticket in every drawing for the next 100 drawings, but incredibly you believe 25,000 would purchase five $1 QPs in every drawing for five years. After 120 drawings with no wins and out $600, how many real players would continue playing using your method, knowing the most they can win is $500?

And speaking of wasting someone's time, your "Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words" failed to show the total amount of winnings. Do your "scientific approaches" usually require the readers to waste their time calculating how much the 35 $500 winners won, then adding that to the 99 $1000 winners and then continuing to multiple and add each row to get the total won so they can analyse the results?

It's obvious the 25,000 fictional QP players wager $125,000 every drawing but where is the data that shows the three digit number QP distribution?

Are we suppose to guess that 125 of each of the 1000 possible three digit numbers were distributed among the 125,000 QPs or should we speculate because real lottery terminals randomly distribute QPs and some of the three digit numbers were on more than 125 tickets and some on less?

Where are your drawing results so we can compare them to results of real pick-3 drawings?

The objective of your "approach" was made clear when you named one of your fictional players (Old Uncle Craig LMAO!) and gave your analyse of the fictional win. Because you omitted the critical data needed to determine if your "approach" closely matched real pick-3 games with real QP distribution, your "approach" is not even close to "scientific". The words "scientific approach" shouldn't even be in the same post with "25,000 players buying Five(5) $1.00 Straight Quick Pick tickets per day for Five(5) Years, or 1825 Days".

If you have 24,999 other crazy old uncles you can book your own pick-3 game.

Jimboozle, the phrase which describes this scenario is Preposterous Supposition.

Stack is right. Who are these people buying $5 Pick 3 QPs per day for 5 years? Even people who spent 12 years licking windows on the short bus are not that mentally challenged.

A scientific approach along this line relies on a realistic behavorial understanding of which your Preposterous Supposition shows very little. 

Likely you should factor in an attrition rate for players who show losses.

Things we know we know include a certain percentage of your 25,000 losers will lose interest along the way if they are not winning something. And we know the majority is going to quit playing at day 100 if they have -$500 on the books.

There might be a few who would linger or up the bet $1.50 per number, but at draw 134 they have to play $2 per number to show a profit or get out.

And at draw 158 they would have to up the bet again or GET OUT.

If your losers haven't won by draw 158 they are at -$997 playing a Pick 3 game.

If your losers hang in at that point they must have one heckuva crush on the person selling the tickets. 

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: May 11, 2013, 2:18 am - IP Logged

Jimboozle, the phrase which describes this scenario is Preposterous Supposition.

Stack is right. Who are these people buying $5 Pick 3 QPs per day for 5 years? Even people who spent 12 years licking windows on the short bus are not that mentally challenged.

A scientific approach along this line relies on a realistic behavorial understanding of which your Preposterous Supposition shows very little. 

Likely you should factor in an attrition rate for players who show losses.

Things we know we know include a certain percentage of your 25,000 losers will lose interest along the way if they are not winning something. And we know the majority is going to quit playing at day 100 if they have -$500 on the books.

There might be a few who would linger or up the bet $1.50 per number, but at draw 134 they have to play $2 per number to show a profit or get out.

And at draw 158 they would have to up the bet again or GET OUT.

If your losers haven't won by draw 158 they are at -$997 playing a Pick 3 game.

If your losers hang in at that point they must have one heckuva crush on the person selling the tickets. 

G

Preposterous Suppositions

Well, what do you know - garyo1954 comes out of the woodwork!  I guess Stack47 needs some time off.  I was expecting someone like Kola or JosephusMinimus to pick up the BAT, but no, it must be garyo1954's turn.  I hope he enjoyed his 3 month vacation.

It looks to me like you and Stack47 may have studied elementary school math together and/or taught each other QuickBasic - how nice.  You both also seem to overlook the same things when it comes to simulations. You see, my Pick-3 simulation did precisely what I designed it to do - determine what we WOULD see if we tracked 25,000 people who bought 5 QuickPicks every day for 5 years.  You and him are so focused in your little world of looking back at previous draws and stopping and starting your betting that you forget there are millions of people out there who DO bet in this simple way,  WITHOUT a system, your so-called Preposterous Supposition.  But I do agree, there are also a lot of people like you and Stack47, so I would hope you'd be interested in how your style of Pick-3 betting compares to us QuickPickers.

What you've provided in your post above is an informal set of Program Specifications that you can refine and use to write a simulation that meets all of your requirements!  Being the crack programmer that you are (See the thread linked to below) you should have it debugged by Monday.  Then, we can see what happens when Pick-3 players follow your style of play.

You might find some useful tips if you re-visit my old thread on this subject, the one where you contributed so much.  It might also refresh your memory so you can avoid redundancies.  I hope you'll post your source code for our perusal when you're done.  I promise I won't chop up your code and repost it, the way you did mine. I want to hear those keys a clackin' now!

Click HERE to enjoy my previous interactions with garyo1954 on this subject.

It's been 2 years since we tried this before, so I hope the additional maturity and wisdom you've acquired during this time will be sufficient to motivate you to thoroughly ABSORB the MathWorks and Wikipedia articles linked to in the first post of the thread, BEFORE you reply to this post.

--Jimmy4164

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                  Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  1736 Posts
                  Posted: May 11, 2013, 9:37 am - IP Logged

Well, what do you know - garyo1954 comes out of the woodwork!  I guess Stack47 needs some time off.  I was expecting someone like Kola or JosephusMinimus to pick up the BAT, but no, it must be garyo1954's turn.  I hope he enjoyed his 3 month vacation.

It looks to me like you and Stack47 may have studied elementary school math together and/or taught each other QuickBasic - how nice.  You both also seem to overlook the same things when it comes to simulations. You see, my Pick-3 simulation did precisely what I designed it to do - determine what we WOULD see if we tracked 25,000 people who bought 5 QuickPicks every day for 5 years.  You and him are so focused in your little world of looking back at previous draws and stopping and starting your betting that you forget there are millions of people out there who DO bet in this simple way,  WITHOUT a system, your so-called Preposterous Supposition.  But I do agree, there are also a lot of people like you and Stack47, so I would hope you'd be interested in how your style of Pick-3 betting compares to us QuickPickers.

What you've provided in your post above is an informal set of Program Specifications that you can refine and use to write a simulation that meets all of your requirements!  Being the crack programmer that you are (See the thread linked to below) you should have it debugged by Monday.  Then, we can see what happens when Pick-3 players follow your style of play.

You might find some useful tips if you re-visit my old thread on this subject, the one where you contributed so much.  It might also refresh your memory so you can avoid redundancies.  I hope you'll post your source code for our perusal when you're done.  I promise I won't chop up your code and repost it, the way you did mine. I want to hear those keys a clackin' now!

It's been 2 years since we tried this before, so I hope the additional maturity and wisdom you've acquired during this time will be sufficient to motivate you to thoroughly ABSORB the MathWorks and Wikipedia articles linked to in the first post of the thread, BEFORE you reply to this post.

--Jimmy4164

Yes! jimboo-boo, I had a wonderful vacation. Thanks for asking. Nothing like having a staff of 20-odd year old nurses visiting at all hours of the day and night to get blood, take blood pressure, and stick you with needles and pour pills down you. Not to mention how they wheeled me around on gurneys and in wheel chairs, assisted with surgeries and procedures, put me to sleep and woke me up, and brought me coffee, ice cream and donuts.

Truth is, I had more fun watching the 23 year old, 5"2", 102 pound, brunette stuff a catheter up my urethra than reading your post. Put that on your bucket list. Maybe Broom Hilda would volunteer in your case.

I do agree you. You do have the right to formulate and write whatever simulations you choose in any manner you choose, no matter how unreal they might be. As you say, it serves your purpose.

Using math as I do to chart positional high/low, even/odd, pairs, trips, etc, is data mining in the statistical sense. Its a realization that what has happened is going to continue to happen. 

Data mining is an attempt to answer: What is happening? 

The backtesting I've done is generally an effort to answer questions or to prove/disprove statistically what we think is happening is happening. I have no objection to backtesting. I certainly have a lot of respect for those who continue to backtest their ideas and theories. It's a lot of work.

In my view playing QPs for Pick3 is a waste of time. It would make more sense to make 5 sets of numbers and play those for multiple draws than to buy QPs.

Thinking about it there may be 25000 people playing QPs each night. Likely they are not always the same 25000, but it fits your view so you get credit in that respect. 

I'll leave the programming alone until we get a poll on how many players here would continue with your strategy after losing 100 draws, and how many would increase their bet, and perhaps the answer to how much would be the ultimate amount they would be willing to bet if they continued to lose.

Such a poll would give us some indication of a realistic attrition rate, don't you think?

In the meantime I'll update some 2Step files and programs and maybe play with some Pick 3 stuff.

Two years is a long time to harbor some ill will that I rewrote one of your programs in an attempt to clarify and correct some oversights. I hope you'll find some way of getting over it one day. From where I sit, I was over it the day after the last post in that thread. 

Its much more fun to think of 23 year old nurses sticking rubber hoses the size of a drinking straw up my urethra than attempting to argue common ground where there appears to be none. 

Peace,

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: May 11, 2013, 10:08 am - IP Logged

--Jimmy4164

You both also seem to overlook the same things when it comes to simulations.

Can you come up with a simulator that tests more than one line per draw Jammy?

Tami333's avatar - winifrid
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #139344
                      February 20, 2013
                      1142 Posts
                      Posted: May 11, 2013, 11:35 am - IP Logged

The only people making money, are the people who have won big and earning interest.

I Agree!    JoshUK...You are right! 

It can be a 2nd Income when my 3-digit hits  and I do not find myself

making a withdraw against my regular income. 

I look at it as the Balls just get blown around, sucked up in the tube and if it's your "Lucky Day", then Woo Hoo!

(New and LOVE this site though as I have picked up on some interesting things and the LP members are Lots of FUN!!)     

Thank you Gentlemen, for all your methods.  I do enjoy reading them.

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                        Nova Scotia
                        Canada
                        Member #9934
                        December 27, 2004
                        885 Posts
                        Posted: May 11, 2013, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

I'd love to have an income from the lottery numbers, so I can travel and rent or buy a house; instead of looking to rent an apartment'.

The financial freedom from it would make my life alot better..

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: May 11, 2013, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

I think Todd may be making money.IdeaI am sure Gail Howard and Richard Lusting and maybe Ion Saliu makes a dime or too.

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7322 Posts
                            Posted: May 11, 2013, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

--Jimmy4164

"If you apply yourself and/or enlist the help of a friend, I'm sure you can learn to be a Stock Trader too."

Or I could just buy shares of Berkshire Hathaway and Warren Buffet can do all the trading. Buffet's rule number one is "Don't lose money" so that means investing in a company's future and not what an amateur calls "stock trading".

"It looks to me like you and Stack47 may have studied elementary school math together and/or taught each other QuickBasic - how nice."

I've never had any Delusions of Grandeur where everybody should believe what "looks like to me" is what everybody must see. It "looked like to you" I was promptly replying to your posts as if an alarm siren went off in my computer the second after you posted. The thing is my prompt reply was 13 hours later.

It looks like to me not very many people are giving you the credibility it looks like to you, you have.

"It's been 2 years since we tried this before"

I remember that thread you started. It reminded me of Chuck Wepner's video "My worst beatings".

United States
                              Member #93947
                              July 10, 2010
                              2180 Posts
                              Posted: May 11, 2013, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

How to Win the Lottery Every Single Time You Play

LotteryTicket

Oliver Lee Bateman says, "Can you really win the lottery every single time you play?  In a word, yes.  In two words, heck yes."

Well Stack47, here's an article that I think you and Ronnie316 will be very encouraged by.

http://goodmenproject.com/moustacheclubofamerica/how-to-win-the-lottery-every-single-time-you-play/

Unfortunately, you might eventually get bored generating your income by cashing a steady stream of winning lottery tickets.  If that happens, you can check this out:

http://www.amibroker.com/

Now, if this too begins to bore you, you can take what you've learned about Pattern and Trend recognition and incorporate it into your lottery systems, for exciting new possibilities!  In fact, since you've apparently mastered that difficult skill of knowing when to bail out of a system, you can use it to signal when to switch from the lottery to your NEW Cash Cow, and Vice Versa!  Instead of having to put up with dead time in the lottery, waiting for your systems to return to profitability, you can parlay your gains into your new venture.  Talk about waking up in Heaven!

I hope you don't forget about your friends at LP when you get to Easy Street!

--Jimmy4164

Page 40 of 42