Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Megamillions and Powerball Games

Topic closed. 205 replies. Last post 3 years ago by SergeM.

Page 14 of 14
PrintE-mailLink

Which Play is the Best Bet?

Powerball [ 9 ]  [24.32%]
Powerball with Powerplay [ 4 ]  [10.81%]
Megamillions [ 12 ]  [32.43%]
Megamillions with Megaplier [ 12 ]  [32.43%]
Total Valid Votes [ 37 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
upstate NY
United States
Member #108791
March 31, 2011
549 Posts
Posted: April 17, 2014, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

As for the main combatants: Frankly, you're both a little nutso.

Jimmy:

Why does it matter so much, man? Don't get me wrong; I happen to agree with you that it's impossible to predict which 5 balls out of 35 or 59 or 75 or whatever will come out of a ball machine during any particular drawing. However, as I'm sure you are aware by now, Lottery Post is teeming with people who think they can do just that. If they're not hurting anyone, why not just leave them to their delusions? After all, playing the lottery is supposedly just as much about "entertainment" as it is about winning money; if they find working out number sets for hours and hours to be entertaining, who are we to tell them otherwise?

RL:

You're expending a lot of energy accusing Jimmy of acting superior to you; thing is, you're doing the exact same thing (acting superior, that is). It's a common problem among people who think they've devised a good lottery system. Remember Ronnie the plumber? He was a blowhard to begin with, but what made matters worse with him is that he stumbled upon a 5-number hit shortly after he proposed his idea of "some numbers have better odds", so he spent many, many months acting like he was a genius and anyone who dared oppose him was a moron. (Imagine if he had actually PLAYED those numbers? Oy vey!) The main problem I have with most systems, not just yours, is that they supposedly require some "intuition". All that is is a built-in excuse to snipe at your detractors: "What's the matter, is my system not working for you? I guess you just don't understand it; obviously you're an idiot and I'm smarter and better than you." Clearly, I reject such attempts at grandstanding.

Even if your method of picking numbers gets slightly better results than going with Quick Picks, it's not significant enough to change the minds of skeptics. (I think you realize that already, though, as you admitted that most of your playing is on paper.) If your system works for you, then by all means, knock yourself out. Just don't call someone a "dumb-ass" (like you did to Jimmy earlier in this thread) merely because they're not hailing you as a clairvoyant.

(And now that I've got both of you pissed off at me, I shall take my leave. Auf Wiedersehen!)

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2014, 2:45 am - IP Logged

Mediabrat,

I agree with a lot of what you said here, but not all.  Here is where I disagree, and why I persist.

John Allen Paulos argues quite well that our inability to deal rationally with very large numbers and the probabilities associated with them results in unjust court decisions, misinformed governmental policies, confused personal decisions, and an increased susceptibility to pseudoscience.

It bothers me that there are emergency room physicians misdiagnosing critically ill patients because they have been influenced by the kinds of fallacies that are propagated here.

Not hurting anyone?

--Jimmy4164
    p.s.  Do you still think I'm "nutso?"

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      3962 Posts
      Posted: April 18, 2014, 3:03 am - IP Logged

mediabrat

you said

"You're expending a lot of energy accusing Jimmy of acting superior to you; thing is, you're doing the exact

same thing (acting superior, that is)."

I hope I am doing a good job as it is my only intention for posting here.  Jimbo has been injecting his unwanted

superior knowledge into my topics for four years now.  This is just me returning the favor, nothing more, nothing

less.  I love to get inside his head just to see what his reactions are.  Ever notice how the colors he uses change

with his temperament?   He reminds me of a pet lizard one of my sons had years ago. 

As far as name calling, dumb ass vs innumeracy, hmmmmm, I think jimbo is still way ahead.   What the hell is

innumeracy anyway, maybe I should see a doctor, jimbo seems to thing it's contagious.

As far as systems go, If it does not require some sort of user input then it's probably just a fancy QP generator. 

IMHO a system that does not take input from a user is not much of a system.  I would love to just talk lottery with

my friends here at LP without every work I post going under the microscope so to say. 

Anyway, thanks for posting your thoughs, I was a bit worried that some might not notice. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        3962 Posts
        Posted: April 18, 2014, 3:08 am - IP Logged

Mediabrat,

I agree with a lot of what you said here, but not all.  Here is where I disagree, and why I persist.

John Allen Paulos argues quite well that our inability to deal rationally with very large numbers and the probabilities associated with them results in unjust court decisions, misinformed governmental policies, confused personal decisions, and an increased susceptibility to pseudoscience.

It bothers me that there are emergency room physicians misdiagnosing critically ill patients because they have been influenced by the kinds of fallacies that are propagated here.

Not hurting anyone?

--Jimmy4164
        p.s.  Do you still think I'm "nutso?"

Jimbo

And all along I thought you were trying to keep me from selling my software which would cause people to

spend way more than they can afford on lottery tickets.  Stupid me. 

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          3962 Posts
          Posted: April 18, 2014, 4:41 am - IP Logged

JIMBO SAYS

What bothers me is that you are posting on a lottery website, would not you insights be better put to use in your local ER

or maybe a courtroom?  Got to go, I feel another innumeracy attack coming on.

RL

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5591 Posts
            Posted: April 18, 2014, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

JIMBO SAYS

What bothers me is that you are posting on a lottery website, would not you insights be better put to use in your local ER

or maybe a courtroom?  Got to go, I feel another innumeracy attack coming on.

RL

RL,

Obviously Jimboo is mixed up. He thinks he is on an ER website.

I've been wondering why he keeps confusing the lottery with doctors misdiagnosis, when it just hit me. He thinks LP is a doctor's website, not a lottery forum.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11978 Posts
              Posted: April 18, 2014, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

No one has ever blamed lottery players for the unemployment rate.  As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I AM NOT A SMART LOTTERY PLAYER LIKE YOU.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                3962 Posts
                Posted: April 18, 2014, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

rcbbuckeye

LP = Licenses practitioner, It's all so clear to me now.  Maybe I do need to see a doctor and get this

innumeracy thing cut off. 

Back to the real world.

I am working on a large post to show the mechanics of the digit system.   I will also show why I am

able to pick up more second level prizes.  A few pages back I posted a little about the overall odds

and shortly after that I asked a question about grouping numbers.  Don't take the first part too serious

because it's just a play on math.  I will post the hardcore stuff about why I use digits and what I believe

is the reason behind the better than average 4of5's wins.  I will write it off-line so I can post it all at

once which will make it easier to understand.  I will also be providing links to text files so the reader

can see the actual data.  I will also go over the math in detail so that no matter what your math skills are

it will be easy to understand.  I have posted most of this here at LP over the years but now I will show

in detail how / why I use digits.  I won't be arguing with jimmy I will just post it and let the reader be

the judge rather or not to use it.  The digit system can be used with pen and paper and the only real

reason for software is to analyze data but I will show a few quick tips so that analysis can also be done

using pen and paper.  Just a few simple rules that if used correctly to build optimized sets that will win

more in both the short and term.  For over 10 years I have made money playing my pick-5 lottery.  The

best part is it can be done on a small budget of around $10.00 per game.  There is really no reason to

spend more than this and I will show why.  Anyway, it may take a week of so to put everything together

and I will start a new topic to post it in when finished.

RL

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7298 Posts
                  Posted: April 26, 2014, 8:07 am - IP Logged

Fix your link.

United States
                    Member #93947
                    July 10, 2010
                    2180 Posts
                    Posted: April 27, 2014, 3:56 am - IP Logged

Fix your link.

Stack47,

Pay Attention!

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/273424/3567092

Sorry you missed this simulator; here's a screen shot...

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/273424/3536093

--Jimmy4164

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                      Economy class
                      Belgium
                      Member #123700
                      February 27, 2012
                      4035 Posts
                      Posted: April 27, 2014, 6:22 am - IP Logged

What is the pont of a simulator? One wins and many do not!

Page 14 of 14