Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do Lottery Software program help YOU WIN lottery?

Topic closed. 160 replies. Last post 2 years ago by psykomo.

Page 5 of 11
PrintE-mailLink

Do YOU have GOOD Software program???

YES [ 42 ]  [42.86%]
NO [ 44 ]  [44.90%]
Maby [ 8 ]  [8.16%]
secret (bad luck 2 tell) [ 4 ]  [4.08%]
Total Valid Votes [ 98 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 10 ]  
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1648 Posts
Posted: June 2, 2014, 11:49 am - IP Logged

In short, you start with the jackpot in there.  Your filter choices determine whether you win or lose. 

"This same concept is suppose to apply to Pick3/4 games, but most players do it the other way around."

When you start out with all 1000 possible combinations with Pick3 and all 10,000 possible combinations with Pick4 you're in hole if you play those combinations twice what you can win.  You have to reduce the number of combination by a half just to have a chance to break even and win nothing and even more to have a chance at making a profit.

You have to reduce the number of combination by a half just to have a chance to break even and win nothing and even more to have a chance at making a profit.

Right. Now, which is better? To break even and win nothing, or, to not play nearly enough and lose repetitively? Even if it's a small amount being lost like around $10/day, the player must absolutely hit within four days on a minimum $40 box hit just to break even. If that hit isn't realized, then guess what? They're starting off in the hole, regardless, and by $40...which increases to $80 in the next four days if that hit still doesn't happen.

Then, guess what? An $80 hit is needed to recover everything. Realistically, a str8 is the only thing that's gonna make some money here, although, I believe in playing for recovery first. This way, the player doesn't have to keep going into their pocket to play every time. Gotta get your money back at some point, you know? Profit is secondary in my book. If you never recover your money, you're going in the hole no matter how you look at it. The closer and better the numbers are balanced, the more frequent a hit will be realized...though the profit may be small. So many, though, want to make 80%-90% profit which only comes by way of a very, very small amount of money (numbers)...where efficiency is very poor. In other words, they'll spend it all back trying to hit again the same way. Just my thoughts.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: June 2, 2014, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

You have to reduce the number of combination by a half just to have a chance to break even and win nothing and even more to have a chance at making a profit.

Right. Now, which is better? To break even and win nothing, or, to not play nearly enough and lose repetitively? Even if it's a small amount being lost like around $10/day, the player must absolutely hit within four days on a minimum $40 box hit just to break even. If that hit isn't realized, then guess what? They're starting off in the hole, regardless, and by $40...which increases to $80 in the next four days if that hit still doesn't happen.

Then, guess what? An $80 hit is needed to recover everything. Realistically, a str8 is the only thing that's gonna make some money here, although, I believe in playing for recovery first. This way, the player doesn't have to keep going into their pocket to play every time. Gotta get your money back at some point, you know? Profit is secondary in my book. If you never recover your money, you're going in the hole no matter how you look at it. The closer and better the numbers are balanced, the more frequent a hit will be realized...though the profit may be small. So many, though, want to make 80%-90% profit which only comes by way of a very, very small amount of money (numbers)...where efficiency is very poor. In other words, they'll spend it all back trying to hit again the same way. Just my thoughts.

L.L.

"Right. Now, which is better? To break even and win nothing, or, to not play nearly enough and lose repetitively?"

Confused Neither, play only what you can afford to lose and hope you get lucky.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
      Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1648 Posts
      Posted: June 2, 2014, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

"Right. Now, which is better? To break even and win nothing, or, to not play nearly enough and lose repetitively?"

Confused Neither, play only what you can afford to lose and hope you get lucky.

Neither,

Buddy, you completely lost me with this one. In your previous post, you mentioned having a 'chance' to break even... in the context of that chance being better than losing. I'll take it at face value, though.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
        Dump Water Florida
        United States
        Member #380
        June 5, 2002
        3103 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2014, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

I believe there are many P-3/4 players who don't care what they lose to win.  They have an entertainment budget to tap and play, that simply doesn't matter what it goes for.  For fun they can afford to throw money at simple one up/one down kind of systems you see posted on LP. The utility value of an occasional $500 win going into a set of tires and a night out is worth it.  i.e.: Hey look, I won again !!!

If you're trying to generate some income out of Pick-3/4 the trick is to use a Min/Max System, start with the smallest amount of your own money.  Limit what the state can win from you.  Like above, best to use a budget you can afford to lose, don't try to make it back, just let losses go (chasing losses is a distraction) work to produce a straight win so you can play the right way on the state's money once it's yours.  When you win you play to win, more numbers, more on each number (on independent tickets), trying to roll it up into a bigger win.  If it doesn't happen, start over. 

BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: June 3, 2014, 11:34 am - IP Logged

I believe there are many P-3/4 players who don't care what they lose to win.  They have an entertainment budget to tap and play, that simply doesn't matter what it goes for.  For fun they can afford to throw money at simple one up/one down kind of systems you see posted on LP. The utility value of an occasional $500 win going into a set of tires and a night out is worth it.  i.e.: Hey look, I won again !!!

If you're trying to generate some income out of Pick-3/4 the trick is to use a Min/Max System, start with the smallest amount of your own money.  Limit what the state can win from you.  Like above, best to use a budget you can afford to lose, don't try to make it back, just let losses go (chasing losses is a distraction) work to produce a straight win so you can play the right way on the state's money once it's yours.  When you win you play to win, more numbers, more on each number (on independent tickets), trying to roll it up into a bigger win.  If it doesn't happen, start over. 

BobP

"I believe there are many P-3/4 players who don't care what they lose to win.  They have an entertainment budget to tap and play, that simply doesn't matter what it goes for." 

That's the main goal of state lotteries, to help people who enjoy gambling their money away.  If one has a large entertainment budget for that then go for it. 

I have a budget of $10 two or three times a week which covers all the entertainment I need.  Some times I win most times I don't.

Evil Looking       

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
            Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: June 3, 2014, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

I use my own program, which is not finished and I jokingly call it sometimes Serge++. I could have called it Oracle but the name was taken.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: June 3, 2014, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

I use my own program, which is not finished and I jokingly call it sometimes Serge++. I could have called it Oracle but the name was taken.

"I could have called it Oracle but the name was taken."

Dadgum straight it was.

<---------------

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19825 Posts
                Posted: June 3, 2014, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

As long as it's only for personal use, it shouldn't matter what you name it as long as it doesn't conflict with other programs on your computer. Wink

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: June 4, 2014, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

Did somebody say free?

Yes

Does your software do pick 4?

Yes

Does it have comparable charts to Advantage plus?

Lotto Architect does not offer graphs yet. It does show data analysis in tabular form however, if this is what you mean by charts. Graphical representation of any analysis is an important aspect missing and will be added at the next version. I don't know what charts this program you mention display but I believe most of the required analysis features all already in there. After all, I don't copy other programs or try to make mine look like others; I design stuff based on what my analysis suggests is worthwhile to have in a program. The result of this analysis is the unique design at the proposed work flow of Lotto Architect.

Does it have a abbreviate skip chart?  Those are becoming my favorite.

If this "abbreviate skip" is the delay of numbers, it does have it but not in the form of a graph. If it is something else, I don't know what this refers to so please elaborate.

I dont care much for wheels.

If everybody cared for the same things, there wouldn't be programs to support other options. Many users want to wheel their numbers and for good reason however, thus a program that claims to be a complete lottery suite, must also support wheeling.

Thanks for the reply.

I just downloaded lotsoft again, I am going to try and make it work, but I will give your program a whirl also LottoA

Just to compare them.

Well if you know what a drawing since hit chart, or what I call a matrix walk, but what it is really is just a lottograph.

So if you chart the numbers you have X for hit.

So you have

XX12345678910X12345678910X123456789101112131415X

THE ABBREVIATED FORM WOULD HAVE just

0 10 10 15

I like tables, I can use those.

and as far as graphs in advantage plus, I think there is only two and that is for the ten game group count.

And there is a histogram type charts for skip counts.

United States
                    Member #124493
                    March 14, 2012
                    7023 Posts
                    Posted: June 4, 2014, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

Why are you not looking at this chart on the free demo? 

http://www.lotwin.com/users/registration.aspx

Because I have a subscription I can't fire up the demo to see what it will show you.

BobP

I took a look.  It looks kinda cool.  They have some histogram charts for hit counts I noticed, although I can make those in excel.

I may do the trial period when I cease procrastinating.

Although some of the deluxe packages are a little steep in price.

United States
                      Member #93947
                      July 10, 2010
                      2180 Posts
                      Posted: June 5, 2014, 2:59 am - IP Logged

I took a look.  It looks kinda cool.  They have some histogram charts for hit counts I noticed, although I can make those in excel.

"Although some of the deluxe packages are a little steep in price."

Don't be a sucker - use your money to buy more tickets.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                        Dump Water Florida
                        United States
                        Member #380
                        June 5, 2002
                        3103 Posts
                        Posted: June 5, 2014, 5:56 am - IP Logged

See if you can get what you need from the free demo first.  You likely don't need more then a single state package and if you see potential you can rent the thing for a month on the cheap. 

The idea is to buy the right ticket, not more tickets.  For people who spend hundreds a month wheeling real money can be saved by filtering down to a few tickets per draw.  Circumstances vary, figure out what's best for your strategy and stay within your budget.   

BobP

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
                          Member #2815
                          November 18, 2003
                          502 Posts
                          Posted: June 5, 2014, 7:07 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the reply.

I just downloaded lotsoft again, I am going to try and make it work, but I will give your program a whirl also LottoA

Just to compare them.

Well if you know what a drawing since hit chart, or what I call a matrix walk, but what it is really is just a lottograph.

So if you chart the numbers you have X for hit.

So you have

XX12345678910X12345678910X123456789101112131415X

THE ABBREVIATED FORM WOULD HAVE just

0 10 10 15

I like tables, I can use those.

and as far as graphs in advantage plus, I think there is only two and that is for the ten game group count.

And there is a histogram type charts for skip counts.

Assuming this requence refers to an individual number, you can get that information relatively easy using Lotto Architect too.

The process is to open the number groups, select the desired number of which we want to get that hit/delay sequence and generate the statistics for it. If you right-click on the statistics panel, a menu shows up that allows a detailed view of the occurrence of that specific number.

The detail view does not give this sequence as it is but you can gather the abbreviated form with the following process.

e.g. the detail view will display the following (X is the selected number, # is the occurrence index counter, Draw is the draw this number occurred, Match and common numbers will always be the same since we have only one number selected). What we care about to produce the abbr. form is the Draw values:

# - Draw - Match - Common numbers

1 - 3 - 1 - X

2 - 7 - 1 - X

3 - 15 - 1 - X

4 - 22 - 1 - X

5 - 34 - 1 - X

Your abbr. form can be generated by the equation (Draw value of #a) - (Draw value of #a-1) - 1 for every # index.

The above will produce the following abbr. form: (7-3-1), (15-7-1), (22-15-1), (34-22-1) > 3, 7, 6, 11 etc

I hope I have understood what this abbr. form is. Basically, the abbr. form as I understand it, is just the delay occurrence order of a given number.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19825 Posts
                            Posted: June 5, 2014, 11:46 am - IP Logged

See if you can get what you need from the free demo first.  You likely don't need more then a single state package and if you see potential you can rent the thing for a month on the cheap. 

The idea is to buy the right ticket, not more tickets.  For people who spend hundreds a month wheeling real money can be saved by filtering down to a few tickets per draw.  Circumstances vary, figure out what's best for your strategy and stay within your budget.   

BobP

"The idea is to buy the right ticket, not more tickets." 

Mind if I adopt that as my signature? Wink

Evil Looking       

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #55889
                              October 23, 2007
                              5593 Posts
                              Posted: June 5, 2014, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

BobP

As far as jackpot games, I'm beginning to think that software, systems, whatever, doesn't do a whole lot of good, unless that is your form of entertainment.

In Texas Lotto, the jackpot was won with a QP on May 31. The numbers drawn?

3-5-9-32-36-37.

Now, if a system, or software, had produced numbers like that, would anyone really play them? Not me. LOL.

History has shown that in this game, 4 decades plays the most. (6/54 game). Someone is rich playing a QP that produced a set of numbers that are only 2 decades, which are rarely drawn.

My 2 cents.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Page 5 of 11