Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So what would the "Holy Grail" of Pick 3 playing be?

Topic closed. 268 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Atomic Dog.

Page 14 of 18
PrintE-mailLink
lakerben's avatar - spherewall
New Mexico
United States
Member #86099
January 29, 2010
11120 Posts
Posted: November 1, 2014, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Well, undoubtedly, the chart shows that ,in general, it works well and has had much success. But, the problem is with the wild swings between both consecutive wins and losses. But, in general, any method doing this would need to either be modified or tossed out.

That's gambling !  Nothing is a sure thing.

I was at the track a couple of months ago talking with two guys who were reading the race form etc.  They told me the favorites were 5-1 ,4-1 etc.  I told them the horses looked tired and the stats won't  help you.

Needless to say the horses they bet on lost and the ones I bet on came in first and second. 

Pumpkin

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

United States
    Member #116344
    September 8, 2011
    3928 Posts
    Posted: November 1, 2014, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Yes, keep on going forward ......... Thanks for the struggle Barry.

I've learned to let those go by until they are a little more ......seasoned. 

You know just  wondering how many perfectly good ......older filters have been passed over during the years. One's that actually work but ...after getting kicked and debunked like this. LOL  They never seem to completely recover. Especially... among the folks that don't use stats or software at all and ....depend on hear say alone. That's the sad part. 

Noticed some here have tried to go beyond it being just a basic tool. Some are attempting to push it into a stand alone system.This was brought up toward the end. It is not a stand alone System. The "3 day doubles Trap" is just a good filter tool ...as you already pointed out...... and works well in conjunction with other basic filter tools or triggers.

By the way Jimmy, thanks for posting those charts.

Jimmy developed his charts to include all states .....collectively. Unlike the other older software. The older has been around for several years based on this Doubles Trap. The basic idea of the 3 day trap.... has been around for many years. However.....the new software Jimmy built goes beyond the original trapping idea ......and includes things like ALL collective states stats together.....rather than ONE state at a time. The older stuff can not manage it that way at all. 

Jimmy's newer software is great because it shows LARGE amounts of collective draws for all states. We can all now see how really effective the trap is across all states and ..... several years as well and ..... all at once. Excellent visuals too which compound the results across the board taking advantage of using the power of the "Law of Large numbers".       

I think  I get your drive looking at Jimmy's chart, is a good waging strategy, so the window trap is between 7 th to 10 th draw, lets make it 11th on the average-this will cut unnecessary time frame for huge returns if played right.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10491 Posts
      Posted: November 1, 2014, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Well, undoubtedly, the chart shows that ,in general, it works well and has had much success. But, the problem is with the wild swings between both consecutive wins and losses. But, in general, any method doing this would need to either be modified or tossed out.

Wait a second ...wait a second Pick 3 guy. You are missing this.

Really, check this.  Your average game only gets about 10 shots a year at this. We don't care about anything else but those ten shots.

OF those 10 shots .......you will succeed with this trap....on 9 of them on average. You will be correct 90% of the time! On average ....you will only lose 1 time!

You don't really care if they clump together or not.....just as long as you SUCCEED with 90% of them.... and stay consistent you don't care right? 

If ...somehow you are able pull out several games going back 365 draws.....you will see they will all get an average of about 10 of these situations. If you bet all 10 of the 3 day windows during that year it will work for you. Sorry, not every single time.....and not spread out. Some years you might get 14 or 15 of these ...not likely ...but you might. You will lose some and they might clump at the end. Tuff. You stick to the plan and be consistent...and this will work 90% of the time.     

This has nothing to do with what the prior numbers are or were..etc......except if they were 7 Singles in a row. A double will hit on the 8th 9th or 10 drawalmost every single time. Get it? It will work about 90% of the time. Check it the best you can.  All games everywhere in the World no matter what.

I know you probably can't see this for more than 1 or 2 states at a time without software at this point.....but many folks can tell you that their state's game averages 7 or 8 draw skips per year+/-. When they go back and look at them ...they will ALL tell you that MOST of the time during those RARE SKIPS...a double will hit during those 3 day Windows.

There is no filter tool that has this much success on such a scale as the Doubles Trap on such a regular basis. If there's one that even works 51% of the time I would keep that one too in this game. 

If you play the averages that hit ...MOST of the time you will succeed with this tool MOST of the time.

P.S.

By the way doing this from memory for your combined NY draws. That means you had 730 draws not 365 normal. But, NYcombined had I think about 14 times they went past the 10 draw point. Which by the way divided by 730 by 2 ......averaged the expected 7 per year per 365 draws. Good yes? Unfortunately all of your bummers came at the end of the 730 draws. So what really.....you would have gotten 90% of them all through out the year right? Right 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
        Stone Mountain*Georgia
        United States
        Member #828
        November 2, 2002
        10491 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2014, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

I think  I get your drive looking at Jimmy's chart, is a good waging strategy, so the window trap is between 7 th to 10 th draw, lets make it 11th on the average-this will cut unnecessary time frame for huge returns if played right.

Years ago this looked too good to be true. Too dependable. It was so rare for single state play you fell asleep waiting around.

Now, for multi-state play the Doubles Trap has again gained interest. Almost every day at the top of the missing doubles .....states list...there will appear opportunities there. You will succeed with most of them.....most of the time. Picking the right doubles to play after that is the trick....but that has nothing to do with this great tool's usefulness. Filtering out 720 of a thousand numbers ?....now that's entertainment. LOL   

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

cuteban25's avatar - Lottery-047.jpg
          Pinecrest Sephardim
          United States
          Member #119068
          November 14, 2011
          1378 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2014, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

Years ago this looked too good to be true. Too dependable. It was so rare for single state play you fell asleep waiting around.

Now, for multi-state play the Doubles Trap has again gained interest. Almost every day at the top of the missing doubles .....states list...there will appear opportunities there. You will succeed with most of them.....most of the time. Picking the right doubles to play after that is the trick....but that has nothing to do with this great tool's usefulness. Filtering out 720 of a thousand numbers ?....now that's entertainment. LOL   

Could u show me that trick ? LOL.(I'm a poor rafter)Sad Wavey

You may learn much from a game you lose than from a game you win.You will have to lose hundreds of game before becoming a good player   ( Capablanca < The Human Chess Machine >)    VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS DEUS ADERIT ( Erasmus / Jung )

United States
            Member #155994
            June 5, 2014
            497 Posts
            Posted: November 1, 2014, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy I can't believe you let him off like that. He was supposed to be on his own with no hints or help. He was to produce actual results for one year. This would have at least shown us his ability to understand. Could have shown something like an actual success rate or some math of his very own. His math which is still unknown and still missing.     

We still needed that EXACT answer however. How many 10 number gaps exist in the last 365 draws on New York Eve draws, Mid, or Combined from this point back.

Come on now Jimmy,no more hints until we get his simple answer and show his work and how he arrived at it. Then we can see what the hang up is.

Well, this is not supposed to be a thing with you ,and whoever, against me or vice versa. But, why are you getting all upset with "Jimmy" and that he spoiled your plan? Did you forget that he has his own mind and does what he wants? Anyway, all of your running around yelling is worthlessGreen laugh

United States
              Member #155994
              June 5, 2014
              497 Posts
              Posted: November 1, 2014, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Let's wait for Pick-3 guy to answer before we go off on another tangent.  According to him we don't know the precise level of success/failure of this "exercise."

Well, Pick3Guy has spoken.

United States
                Member #155994
                June 5, 2014
                497 Posts
                Posted: November 1, 2014, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Yes, duly noted. Thank you. Thank you for holding off on those obviously very time-sensitive observations and opinions.

Now, for the sake of clarification. It's a tool and normally one of several coordinated vectoring filters.  It's a 720 number filter. 

A "3 day doubles trap" is just that. It begins on the 8th day and continues through the 9th and 10th day to complete. Then, Full Stop. 

It's a matter of how many 10 day gaps of single number draws occur during the year. How many 10 draw gaps contain at least one double? 

If one wished to increase his probability of a double trap successes and achieve an even higher rates he could wait and then start on day 9 and continue to draw 11. Dramatic increase of success for those willing to wait to extend the start time of the 3 day window just one more draw. Keeping the 3 day window.

Well, it's supposed to be by draws and not by days. But, there's no guarantee that waiting will give better results and ,for that matter, protect players from these extended losing streaks.

United States
                  Member #155994
                  June 5, 2014
                  497 Posts
                  Posted: November 2, 2014, 12:05 am - IP Logged

Good, we can move on from that now.

Pick 3 guy is obviously unable to show his "work" nor honor us with any proofs of his alarming RED "debunking" Alerts. So as of now, it's still good to go. 

No matter how you cut it up the success rate is much better than almost any other filter trap out there. Period. Unless, someone is willing to actually show proof  otherwise. Showing is better than telling.

Well, between Jimjwright and myself, proofs have ,already, been provided. So, don't act like you haven't seen anything. Btw, what are you going to do when you run across one of these monster losing streaks and lose your money? After all, according to the chart, it's going to happen LOL

United States
                    Member #155994
                    June 5, 2014
                    497 Posts
                    Posted: November 2, 2014, 12:28 am - IP Logged

Yes, keep on going forward ......... Thanks for the struggle Barry.

I've learned to let those go by until they are a little more ......seasoned. 

You know just  wondering how many perfectly good ......older filters have been passed over during the years. One's that actually work but ...after getting kicked and debunked like this. LOL  They never seem to completely recover. Especially... among the folks that don't use stats or software at all and ....depend on hear say alone. That's the sad part. 

Noticed some here have tried to go beyond it being just a basic tool. Some are attempting to push it into a stand alone system.This was brought up toward the end. It is not a stand alone System. The "3 day doubles Trap" is just a good filter tool ...as you already pointed out...... and works well in conjunction with other basic filter tools or triggers.

By the way Jimmy, thanks for posting those charts.

Jimmy developed his charts to include all states .....collectively. Unlike the other older software. The older has been around for several years based on this Doubles Trap. The basic idea of the 3 day trap.... has been around for many years. However.....the new software Jimmy built goes beyond the original trapping idea ......and includes things like ALL collective states stats together.....rather than ONE state at a time. The older stuff can not manage it that way at all. 

Jimmy's newer software is great because it shows LARGE amounts of collective draws for all states. We can all now see how really effective the trap is across all states and ..... several years as well and ..... all at once. Excellent visuals too which compound the results across the board taking advantage of using the power of the "Law of Large numbers".       

Well, it's good to ,finally, hear from you on this. So, when using your double trap tool, how can a player protect himself from so many consecutive losses? Btw, as mentioned, you do deserve a lot of credit for your work. But, the only problem is with these lengthy losing streaks.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                      Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      1736 Posts
                      Posted: November 2, 2014, 12:29 am - IP Logged

Absolutely WIN D.

Years ago we didn't have the software to track these things. And even if we had, we probably wouldn't have known what to do with it. I remember reading a Steve Player trap system built around digits being out 18 straight draws back in the early 90s when lottery first appeared in Texas.

Since then we've seen digits stay out 22, 25, 29 draws. That doesn't change the Rule of Thumb for the older players, just the way the newer people see it.

90% of the trapping software (I have) written is based on older ideas. Don't know about Jimmy, but a total boatload and half of the stuff (I authored) is based on ideas developed here on LP (a good deal of that is your ideas). Most software is a building block process, anyway. Conditions change, we learn more, software improves or takes a new direction (sometimes to recycle bin).

When you find something that works 9 out of 10 times across years, you can't call it a fluke.

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
                        Member #155994
                        June 5, 2014
                        497 Posts
                        Posted: November 2, 2014, 12:55 am - IP Logged

WinD is an online player as am I.  I spent a weekend writing software that can update all the draws for all the state games and organize it into various tables so you can easily see which states are in play for the double-trap.  I don't believe LotSoftPro does this but maybe it does but at the time it was dead until Winsum resurrected it again in Ricky's memory.  So I thought I would help out a fellow Pick 3 enthusiast.  The other tabs I added have nothing to do with doubles but probably interesting things to track in their own right.

1. Digit Tracker
                        2. Digit Pos Tracker
                        3. ShortSum Tracker
                        4. RootSum Tracker
                        5. Pair Tracker
                        6. Straight Position Tracker
                        7. Digit String Tracker
                        8. State Draw History

Now that LotSoftPro is back in all its glory the software I wrote is really not that useful anymore and I never wrote it to sell anyway.

So that is the history of the software, and my last comment on it and the double trap.

Jimmy

Well, just like Win D, you deserve a lot of credit for your work. Btw, your charts are very useful. But, that was nice of you to help your friend out.

Anyway, just like yourself, I've written a lot of lottery software. Although, all those programs are now obsolete since new information is always coming in. But, I was wondering about how you update all the draws for all the state games and if there's an easy way to automate it. Do you do some kind of webscraping for that?

United States
                          Member #155994
                          June 5, 2014
                          497 Posts
                          Posted: November 2, 2014, 12:59 am - IP Logged

Sometimes it just takes commen sense.  That's it. Nm had 038 sum 11 thursday. The one digit was low in the last 20 draws. Easy pickings.

Five bucks get you $520 with this bet.

As a result, 011 hit last night.

No need for massive evaluation, fancy terms ,verbage, just simple logic.

Idea

Well, that's just a lucky coincidence.

United States
                            Member #155994
                            June 5, 2014
                            497 Posts
                            Posted: November 2, 2014, 1:11 am - IP Logged

Well, Hello there Pick 3 guy. 

Here ya go. Just for you. Believe this much at least. Believe your own eyes looking at Jimmy's charts.

There are over ++25,000 draws per year around here. Of those draws each year .....we will get approx 7000 +/- Doubles. 

AND SO....

Most doubles fall way before they even get to the 8th ...9th ...or 10th draws.  In fact it averages out to OVER 90% that never make the 11th. draw ! 

The sweet spot .......is between the 8th and 10th draws as the best chance (+/-) or.... "Degree of Certainty"  If you want even MORE? Make it the 11th draw.     

ON AVERAGE.... Less than ......10% +/- of .......ALL doubles are left standing after that point and  .......ever make past the 11th draw! 

Proof? Here ya go. 

Using Jimmy's charts for example. USING All 2013 draws .... only9.4 % that made it alive to the other side....and still standing.

Do the math.  That SHOWS 91.6 % of the doubles have already hit by then. 

more ? 

In  2014 it was  8.48 % of all doubles ....... again over 90% of all doubles hit before then. 

Most states only average around 99 doubles +/- per year per game. Most states see only 7 to 9 times a year of more than 10/11 double skips.

If anyone can show an exception to this please show it.  You will succeed around 90% of the time when this occurs. True! 

Well, all of this brings up a question. Since most doubles fall way before the 8th,9th, or 10th draws, then why not target those doubles? After all, this is supposed to be a double trap right? As a matter of fact, this is where my system targets doubles.

United States
                              Member #155994
                              June 5, 2014
                              497 Posts
                              Posted: November 2, 2014, 1:21 am - IP Logged

That's gambling !  Nothing is a sure thing.

I was at the track a couple of months ago talking with two guys who were reading the race form etc.  They told me the favorites were 5-1 ,4-1 etc.  I told them the horses looked tired and the stats won't  help you.

Needless to say the horses they bet on lost and the ones I bet on came in first and second. 

Pumpkin

Well, there are wild swings and then there are mild ones. But, it all depends on the method.

Page 14 of 18