Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So what would the "Holy Grail" of Pick 3 playing be?

Topic closed. 268 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Atomic Dog.

Page 8 of 18
PrintE-mailLink
bgonçalves
Brasil
Member #92564
June 9, 2010
2122 Posts
Posted: October 2, 2014, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Olá, carbob also de Todos os pick3 Só
Baixo = 0,1,2,3,4 === 012, 423 ...
Alto = 5,6,7,8,9 5,6,7 7,8,9
Em pares also 24, 48
Impares = 13,57 ..

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7308 Posts
    Posted: October 8, 2014, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

What would the "Holy Grail" of playing the Pick 3 game look like?...

I believe this very worthwhile question and should not be on page two because some are using the Systems Forum to make personal predictions. Some suggested the "holy grail" is a unique grouping of three digit numbers and that reminds me of one morning at work when I took 10 cards (ace - 10) from a deck, shuffled them, drew one at a time, and put them in order 1 to 10 as they were drawn. What I had was all ten digits in the first position and from there the digit drawn second was in the second position on the first line, the first position in the second line and in the third position in the tenth line.

It looks something like this, all 30 digits are used, one each in the three digit positions. Don't think it qualifies as a "holy grail", but regardless of which digit is drawn first, there is 9 to 1 chance of matching the second digit and then a 9 to 1 chance of matching the third.

Carrollton, Ga
      United States
      Member #139998
      March 8, 2013
      232 Posts
      Posted: October 26, 2014, 12:49 am - IP Logged

new to site how can I get a copy of your pool numbers for ga each week?Thanks

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
        Park City, UT
        United States
        Member #69864
        January 18, 2009
        993 Posts
        Posted: October 26, 2014, 1:37 am - IP Logged

I hadn't run my Pick3Tracker program I created for a while and I saw where Michigan Evening is on a current streak of 27 straight singles.  I thought there might be a bug in my program but it appears to be correct.  27 straight singles!!!

Michigan Pick 3 Evening

My strategy would be to wait for a double to hit and then play doubles hard to hit again.

Jimmy

I never followed up on this but on 09/20/2014 Michigan evening had 388 (double) after 29 straight singles.

The next day 09/21/2014 another double 909 hit.

Louisiana Pick 3 is currently at 18 straight singles.  Wait for a double to hit and see if another double quickly reoccurs.

Jimmy

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #2218
          September 1, 2003
          5387 Posts
          Posted: October 26, 2014, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I never followed up on this but on 09/20/2014 Michigan evening had 388 (double) after 29 straight singles.

The next day 09/21/2014 another double 909 hit.

Louisiana Pick 3 is currently at 18 straight singles.  Wait for a double to hit and see if another double quickly reoccurs.

Jimmy

I was thinking the best time to play doubles for Louisiana when it reached 13 straight consecutive no-match draws and not play if it went passed 15.  Of course this is just the last 365 most recent draws.  Who knows how much longer it could go on i.e Michigan Pick 3 going 30 consecutive draws with a no-match 6 way.  If I had the entire Louisiana Pick 3 draw history we could see the longest streak.

United States
            Member #155994
            June 5, 2014
            497 Posts
            Posted: October 26, 2014, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

10 Boxed singles are 8.33 percent of the possible 120, and will hit 8.33 percent of the time that you get a single (given a large enough sample of draws).

IMMUTABLE RULE OF NUMBERS!!!

So, there is not a "magical" group that hits more than another group.  However, said "pool" of 10 numbers will have hot and cold streaks, sometimes hitting 4 or 5 times in 10 draws, sometimes not hitting for 50 draws in a row.

So what you seem to be looking for is a "trigger" or an "indicator" that will let you know when any given group is about to change from cold to hot so that you are ready and waiting when the hits start to appear.

Perhaps a short-term frequency indicator, like a moving average would help.  When the average bottoms out it might indicate that more hits are ahead?  Or something along those lines -- I suspect that my idea is too simplistic.

Don't give up!  Starry-eyed dreamers are responsible for many great inventions!

Well, of course, there are groups that do hit more often than others. Although, there's nothing "magical" about them. However, there are special ,or unconventional, groups that , as far as I've seen, have never really been discussed on LP.

Anyway, the real "magic" is in knowing when to play. This comes down to what you're saying about having an "indicator"  or a ,so-called, "trigger". But, to say that anything is a "trigger" either is, or can be, misleading. Any claim of a "trigger" should have an explanation of how it acts as one.

United States
              Member #155994
              June 5, 2014
              497 Posts
              Posted: October 27, 2014, 12:32 am - IP Logged

There are 4 separate pools of numbers in the Pick 3. Using the 120 box numbers they are:

1) The numbers that start with 0. 36 #'s & 30% of the 120 pool.

2) The numbers that start with 1.  28#'s & 23.3% of the 120 pool. 

3) The numbers that start with 2.  21#'s & 17.5% of the 120 pool.  (These 3 combined are 85#'s & 70.8% of the 120 pool.)

4) The numbers that start with 3,4,5,6,7. Let's call them, "all the others." These are 35#'s & 29.1% of the 120 pool.

These can be reduced even further to 25#'s, 19#'s, 17#'s, and 21#'s by using clean numbers. If these are still too many, you

can filter even more with sums or root sums or any other way you prefer. All that's left to do is to decide which group to use.

So, why have you excluded digits 8 and 9 from your list?

United States
                Member #155994
                June 5, 2014
                497 Posts
                Posted: October 27, 2014, 12:32 am - IP Logged

Hmmm........ including all the numbers under the 2 short sums is 200 numbers.      20% of the 1000 chart.......or 1/5 of everything. At least one of the 2 Ssum should hit every 5th draw of course. No matter what. No matter what proceeds....   

If we indeed play them for each of the games .......or 2 times per day for 3 days/6 games .....that would be1200 numbers in play!  Hit?..... of course during that time. 

So, yes that sounds like we should get at least ONE hit ......in 6 games......including all of those 1200 numbers over 6 games during that time.   LOL 

We'll take that bet...... one of those 1200 numbers should hit at least once over 6 games . Yep.... most times the bigger odds and percents rule

.....and that's no matter what .."triggers" hit before. Does not matter at all.

We shouldn't need any triggers or anything else ....with that wide of an open road.

Well, once again, there's no guarantee that anything ,sums or otherwise, will hit within a given number of draws. What's more, on every nth(e.g. 5th) draw. However, you can state how often something is ,on average, expected to hit.

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                  Park City, UT
                  United States
                  Member #69864
                  January 18, 2009
                  993 Posts
                  Posted: October 27, 2014, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Louisiana hit double today 833 so lets see if a double occurs again in the next 3 draws.

Jimmy

United States
                    Member #155994
                    June 5, 2014
                    497 Posts
                    Posted: October 27, 2014, 3:10 am - IP Logged

Tia, and WinD, and GaryO: I like your cold-reality reasoning. It's something I always fall back on myself, and for all that the algorithmic "secret hand" may be at play, it is amazing how the constant play of the game seems to usually conform to standard results consistent with random probability.

No pool of any kind could be mechanically perfect: you don't get a pool of ten numbers out of one hundred paying off every tenth time, bam bam bam bam bam. That would be a fixed game. So, one would expect swings - consistency, rapid-payoffs, long-outs. And like the world's climate, one would also expect much larger and longer and even more sweeping "seasons" to the game, too - periods where there will be a drought of doubles, or where doubles fall like snow, etc.

But CTNY does what I try to do, and want to do in more perfect form: isolate a pool, and apply filters. Just to clarify: I'm not saying there's one standard pool that stays constant all through all plays of the game, day in and day out, hope everyone knows I don't mean that. I believe every draw creates a pool, or contributes to one; and there's always any number of pools at play, waiting to pay off. I call them "pools," because I don't have a name for whatever it is the game is doing internally, where there's no language to communicate abstract possibly-Adobea78-ian calculations: even Adobea has a series of numbers he plays for when the situations arise.

The 111 system Calady provides every day on the California Lottery thread is a great example… but a bit unwieldy, with eighteen numbers that pay out over 30 days, and has anyone back-tested it for consistent pay-off time-frames? The "Holy Grail," as I posited it, is (1) a small pool of numbers, (2) guaranteed to pay off over a short (let's say, not unreasonable) period of time, that is (3) entirely pre-filters. This ensures small bets consistently placed, that results in either smaller losses (i.e., you play a few times then miss it because say you calculate wrong, but only lose a negligible amount of $$$), or larger wins (i.e., compared to the $$$ invested to get that win).

But yeah, even as I look at what I just wrote, what I want… ha! Why don't I just throw in a pink unicorn and world peace, while I'm at it? LOL

Well, you're placing a lot of emphasis on pools and filters, but you're leaving out something very important. Part of the "Holy Grail" involves knowing ,specifically, when to play. So, how can you guarantee that your group of numbers will always hit within a reasonable amount of time? Anyway, it doesn't really come down to the amount of time. What matters is the number of plays.

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #150797
                      December 31, 2013
                      815 Posts
                      Posted: October 27, 2014, 8:04 am - IP Logged

Well, of course, there are groups that do hit more often than others. Although, there's nothing "magical" about them. However, there are special ,or unconventional, groups that , as far as I've seen, have never really been discussed on LP.

Anyway, the real "magic" is in knowing when to play. This comes down to what you're saying about having an "indicator"  or a ,so-called, "trigger". But, to say that anything is a "trigger" either is, or can be, misleading. Any claim of a "trigger" should have an explanation of how it acts as one.

"Well, of course, there are groups that do hit more often than others."

Would you care to expand on this statement?  It sounds like something that should be discussed on LP!

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                        Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #2218
                        September 1, 2003
                        5387 Posts
                        Posted: October 27, 2014, 8:06 am - IP Logged

Ohio Pick 3 "Combined Draws" 10/27/2014

14 consecutive draws with a "6-way" number

Last 365 draws it has only reached 21 consecutive draws 1 time.

PeerGynt's avatar - nw archer.jpg
                          Simi Valley, CA
                          United States
                          Member #156940
                          July 4, 2014
                          671 Posts
                          Posted: October 27, 2014, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Well, you're placing a lot of emphasis on pools and filters, but you're leaving out something very important. Part of the "Holy Grail" involves knowing ,specifically, when to play. So, how can you guarantee that your group of numbers will always hit within a reasonable amount of time? Anyway, it doesn't really come down to the amount of time. What matters is the number of plays.

When to play, of course, is always dicey - if one knew exactly when to play, one could do quite well; and even the phrase "when to play" assumes one knows what to play - no one needs to know when to play losing numbers!

If the computer-run D3 games didn't work off algorithms, one could just select any set of numbers, and start tracking them in a very orderly, dull fashion, and consistently win.  Everyone could win with relatively little effort.  The whole reason the algorithm is there, is to avoid just such playing - no matter how tiny or how large you slice and dice the numbers into groups, those groups don't play according to a consistency inherent to purely random selection processes.

But do notice how the game seems to have an eerie consistency to it, and a dependable one at that.  Take pairs: track some random pairs.  Note how some'll come real quick, and how others will be out for long periods of time... maybe even multiple long periods of time... but then... always... eventually... a short amount of time.

So you get, just talking about pairs now: Pairs that are out short periods of time, we'll say, <7 plays.  And then you get pairs that are out vast amounts of time... a few times in a row, sometimes... but then finally, they, too, are out <7 plays.

Think about that for a minute. There's something in there worth thinking about.  Wink

We have no dreams at all, or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way—not at all, or in an interesting manner.   -- Friedrich Nietzsche

United States
                            Member #155994
                            June 5, 2014
                            497 Posts
                            Posted: October 28, 2014, 12:17 am - IP Logged

The order of the digits is important for tracking purposes. I track them the way they are drawn and also as I have them in the

chart above. The 0,1,2 appear in almost 71% of the 120 #'s so therefore they are most likely to be drawn as the lowest

number in the drawn set. By writing them in lowest to highest order, you can see which is currently hitting the most (0,1,2)

and at the same time you can fairly well predict when "one of the other" numbers (the 3,4,5,6,7) are due to hit as the lowest

number. They usually don't hit more then once or  twice in a row on either game Pick 3 or Pick 4. I'm talking about the

3,4,5,6,7 just to be clear. Whereas the 0,1,2 will often hit several days in a row. In addition, knowing where the lowest

number will hit, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd position can make it easier for getting straights. In other words if you feel reasonably sure,

say the 1 is going to be in the 1st position, all you need to do is flip flop the other two numbers in position 2 & 3. A lot

cheaper than playing a 6 way combo for sure.

Well, what you're saying seems to imply that 0,1,2 are ,somehow, being favored. But, in general, this isn't true. Any 3 digits will ,more or less, occur as often as any other.

United States
                              Member #155994
                              June 5, 2014
                              497 Posts
                              Posted: October 28, 2014, 12:31 am - IP Logged

But yeah, even as I look at what I just wrote, what I want… ha! Why don't I just throw in a pink unicorn and world peace, while I'm at it? LOL

LOLHumor, you know we need it dealing with these numbers.Confused

I spent a good few months just staring at the board, sleepless nights

attempting to crack the "code". I like P3 but P4 I loveLove

Well, just thought you'd like to know that there ,literally, is a code to crack. But, at least, it's good to know that so you don't waste your time trying to crack something that doesn't exist.

Page 8 of 18