Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So what would the "Holy Grail" of Pick 3 playing be?

Topic closed. 268 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Atomic Dog.

Page 1 of 18
PrintE-mailLink
PeerGynt's avatar - nw archer.jpg
Simi Valley, CA
United States
Member #156940
July 4, 2014
669 Posts
Posted: September 15, 2014, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

What would the "Holy Grail" of playing the Pick 3 game look like?...

Unless the game is completely corrupt (which it's not), it's not "knowing the winning number in advance," because that's literally impossible. But unless you believe the games (i.e., that aren't run off falling balls) are just randomly picking any number from 000-999 using no factors whatsoever… there has to be a reduced pool of numbers at work in any given play. And we here on lp all use filters to sift whatever pools we've improvised for our winning selections.

So we have two tools at our disposal: pools, and filters.

A filter isn't a pool, though often it looks like one. A "due sum," for example, isn't a pool, because there's no guarantee a due sum is coming in X number of plays.

A pool is: A reduced set of numbers that are guaranteed within X number of plays to pay off.

The only immediately guaranteed pool of numbers I know, is the pool of one thousand numbers.  Too big.  So we reduce it.

You can, say, reduce it by half.  That's still 500 numbers.  One can measure the pay-off rate, and then create a formula for that pool.  But that pool is much too large for feasibility.

But here's one guaranteed, dramatically reduced pool: playing boxes.  The pool of 120 singles boxes reduces the overall pool, and guarantees pay-off within (most of the time) one or two plays max.  Again, though, it's too large for our normal use, not to mention profitability.  So we filter those 120 boxes down.

The Holy Grail, then, still wouldn't be ever finer filters applied to this 120 box pool - because filters can never take the place of a guaranteed pool.

The Holy Grail of number sets - our working pools - would have to then have two elements: (1) Be reduced to a manageable amount, and (2) guaranteed to pay off within manageable amounts of plays.

But what is "manageable"?  Debatable.  But I'd venture to say... speaking in terms of singles boxes only now...

If one could discover (a) a pool of numbers somewhere between 10-20; that (b) was guaranteed to pay off within 10 plays (with, ideally, the bulk of such payoffs being less than about 1/2 that amount, i.e., < five to six plays consistently); and, as difficult as those two alone are, the necessary piéce de résistance: (cIf this pool could be calculated before any filter was ever applied to it.

... then that would indeed be the Holy Grail of the Pick 3 game.  Right? Smile

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
    New Mexico
    United States
    Member #86099
    January 29, 2010
    11116 Posts
    Posted: September 15, 2014, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

What would the "Holy Grail" of playing the Pick 3 game look like?...

Unless the game is completely corrupt (which it's not), it's not "knowing the winning number in advance," because that's literally impossible. But unless you believe the games (i.e., that aren't run off falling balls) are just randomly picking any number from 000-999 using no factors whatsoever… there has to be a reduced pool of numbers at work in any given play. And we here on lp all use filters to sift whatever pools we've improvised for our winning selections.

So we have two tools at our disposal: pools, and filters.

A filter isn't a pool, though often it looks like one. A "due sum," for example, isn't a pool, because there's no guarantee a due sum is coming in X number of plays.

A pool is: A reduced set of numbers that are guaranteed within X number of plays to pay off.

The only immediately guaranteed pool of numbers I know, is the pool of one thousand numbers.  Too big.  So we reduce it.

You can, say, reduce it by half.  That's still 500 numbers.  One can measure the pay-off rate, and then create a formula for that pool.  But that pool is much too large for feasibility.

But here's one guaranteed, dramatically reduced pool: playing boxes.  The pool of 120 singles boxes reduces the overall pool, and guarantees pay-off within (most of the time) one or two plays max.  Again, though, it's too large for our normal use, not to mention profitability.  So we filter those 120 boxes down.

The Holy Grail, then, still wouldn't be ever finer filters applied to this 120 box pool - because filters can never take the place of a guaranteed pool.

The Holy Grail of number sets - our working pools - would have to then have two elements: (1) Be reduced to a manageable amount, and (2) guaranteed to pay off within manageable amounts of plays.

But what is "manageable"?  Debatable.  But I'd venture to say... speaking in terms of singles boxes only now...

If one could discover (a) a pool of numbers somewhere between 10-20; that (b) was guaranteed to pay off within 10 plays (with, ideally, the bulk of such payoffs being less than about 1/2 that amount, i.e., < five to six plays consistently); and, as difficult as those two alone are, the necessary piéce de résistance: (cIf this pool could be calculated before any filter was ever applied to it.

... then that would indeed be the Holy Grail of the Pick 3 game.  Right? Smile

Wow! 

Some people say the game is strictly random.  However, there are systems that work. That's what the forum is all about.

There is no guarantee in gambling. Pools,percentages (chasing numbers) can be costly. Claims of high percentages that a double ,single number will hit are ridiculous and  can drain your pocketbook.  Use the basics +111 rundowns or a system that works in your state after backtesting.

If you wish group the last 10 and look for trends etc.  Then spend wisely.   Get some wins and build a betting "bank" and budget from there.

Patriot

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

Simi Valley, CA
      United States
      Member #156940
      July 4, 2014
      669 Posts
      Posted: September 15, 2014, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Wow! 

Some people say the game is strictly random.  However, there are systems that work. That's what the forum is all about.

There is no guarantee in gambling. Pools,percentages (chasing numbers) can be costly. Claims of high percentages that a double ,single number will hit are ridiculous and  can drain your pocketbook.  Use the basics +111 rundowns or a system that works in your state after backtesting.

If you wish group the last 10 and look for trends etc.  Then spend wisely.   Get some wins and build a betting "bank" and budget from there.

Patriot

Thanks, lakerben.  I think using those methods are fantastic as filters.  But I'm looking for the magical "pool" of numbers, manageable numbers.  Like I said, about 15-20 or so max.

I firmly believe it can be done.  The game seems to reveal evidence that it very much works off its own inner pools.

Maybe the 111 is a pool system of its own?  I've not researched it enough myself - it produces 18 sets, and does get hits.  Has anyone done some solid testing on how many plays it takes to pay off? are those steps consistent?...

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1671 Posts
        Posted: September 15, 2014, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

The Holy Grail would be having Todd's Lottery Post Almanac 2014 Lottery Results Almanac today. Having ten years of those almanacs from the future would be an added bonus. 

Far too much is made of filtering. IMHO, most good systems fail from TOO MUCH FILTERING. I've applied e/o, hi/lo, in/out, open/closed, Bala-Nced, and others to the 2Step game and found the more filters you apply the more confusion you add. 

All filters are not an additive process complimenting each other. Some are substitutes. Some are standalone. Its far better to use as few filters as possible to attempt to beat the devil that to throw away your chances of beating him at all. 

Pools have their place. Naturally I'm not in favor of choosing from a pool of 125 out of 1000 possibilities. Everything should be on the table until it is eliminated. Whether that is by bell, book, or candle depends on the player.

Once met a guy who used a Ouija board. Even Ouija has a sense of humor. Of course, it has that right. If you asked for the winning numbers and you got numbers, why ask 10 times? Either you don't believe Ouija or you are trying to confuse it. In either case, Ouija is very wise to give you losers in hopes you will go away since you didn't believe it the first time.

The Holy Grail will be posted in the results section, after the draw.

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

CTNY's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          New Haven, CT - Queens, NY
          United States
          Member #98740
          October 13, 2010
          5432 Posts
          Posted: September 15, 2014, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

The Holy Grail would be having Todd's Lottery Post Almanac 2014 Lottery Results Almanac today. Having ten years of those almanacs from the future would be an added bonus. 

Far too much is made of filtering. IMHO, most good systems fail from TOO MUCH FILTERING. I've applied e/o, hi/lo, in/out, open/closed, Bala-Nced, and others to the 2Step game and found the more filters you apply the more confusion you add. 

All filters are not an additive process complimenting each other. Some are substitutes. Some are standalone. Its far better to use as few filters as possible to attempt to beat the devil that to throw away your chances of beating him at all. 

Pools have their place. Naturally I'm not in favor of choosing from a pool of 125 out of 1000 possibilities. Everything should be on the table until it is eliminated. Whether that is by bell, book, or candle depends on the player.

Once met a guy who used a Ouija board. Even Ouija has a sense of humor. Of course, it has that right. If you asked for the winning numbers and you got numbers, why ask 10 times? Either you don't believe Ouija or you are trying to confuse it. In either case, Ouija is very wise to give you losers in hopes you will go away since you didn't believe it the first time.

The Holy Grail will be posted in the results section, after the draw.

G

My so called "Holy Grail" is a set of 80 Clean numbers. I never play Dirty numbers.

I think the Key is finding the digit that play the most(popular) every single week/month or year on the board

or use the Key digit for that particular draw and use it as your "holy grail" starter point.

for example: In CT I believe its the digit 8. My reduction method is to play only the consecutive

combos only. The lottery will always be one foot in one foot out regardless.

most good systems fail from TOO MUCH FILTERING.

Agreed. Especially Pick 3.

The goal is to approach the Pick 3 & Pick 4 game sensibly and systematically!! Wink

I'm not like the guy who predicted the end of the world and nothing happened.

United States
            Member #116344
            September 8, 2011
            3919 Posts
            Posted: September 15, 2014, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

The  matrix is based on the  assumption of randomness, in a asymmetrical plane all you need is a concept based on assumption!

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
              Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1671 Posts
              Posted: September 15, 2014, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

My so called "Holy Grail" is a set of 80 Clean numbers. I never play Dirty numbers.

I think the Key is finding the digit that play the most(popular) every single week/month or year on the board

or use the Key digit for that particular draw and use it as your "holy grail" starter point.

for example: In CT I believe its the digit 8. My reduction method is to play only the consecutive

combos only. The lottery will always be one foot in one foot out regardless.

most good systems fail from TOO MUCH FILTERING.

Agreed. Especially Pick 3.

KEYS are always welcome. Whether it be a digit, pair, root, sum, or a rule of thumb. Anything that can help you eliminate one thing or home in on another is a HUGE advantage in all these games. 

I LIKE KEYS.

I LIKE CLEAN NUMBERS. It gives you an excellent set of mixed highs/lows, even/odds to start with. Statistically we know this set is going to produce the most hits year in and year out. 

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
                Member #98740
                October 13, 2010
                5432 Posts
                Posted: September 15, 2014, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

KEYS are always welcome. Whether it be a digit, pair, root, sum, or a rule of thumb. Anything that can help you eliminate one thing or home in on another is a HUGE advantage in all these games. 

I LIKE KEYS.

I LIKE CLEAN NUMBERS. It gives you an excellent set of mixed highs/lows, even/odds to start with. Statistically we know this set is going to produce the most hits year in and year out. 

G

You know IT!!!Approve

The goal is to approach the Pick 3 & Pick 4 game sensibly and systematically!! Wink

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                  New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #86099
                  January 29, 2010
                  11116 Posts
                  Posted: September 15, 2014, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, lakerben.  I think using those methods are fantastic as filters.  But I'm looking for the magical "pool" of numbers, manageable numbers.  Like I said, about 15-20 or so max.

I firmly believe it can be done.  The game seems to reveal evidence that it very much works off its own inner pools.

Maybe the 111 is a pool system of its own?  I've not researched it enough myself - it produces 18 sets, and does get hits.  Has anyone done some solid testing on how many plays it takes to pay off? are those steps consistent?...

Many people use 111 to get pairs for the next  draw.   I don't use every one of the rundown. 

Maybe one or two sets max.

US Flag

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #150797
                    December 31, 2013
                    815 Posts
                    Posted: September 16, 2014, 8:44 am - IP Logged

I like to look for pending ALL situations in a 50/50 filter, eg ALL High/Low, ALL Hot/Cold. 

These hit 25% of the time and with several 50/50 filters you have one hitting almost every draw, sometimes 2 or more at the same time!  These are also quite streaky, so you will often get a run of 2 or 3 in a row.

This will get you down to 10 (boxed) combinations, or you can play 20 if you don't think you can pick the correct direction.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

Simi Valley, CA
                      United States
                      Member #156940
                      July 4, 2014
                      669 Posts
                      Posted: September 16, 2014, 10:00 am - IP Logged

I like to look for pending ALL situations in a 50/50 filter, eg ALL High/Low, ALL Hot/Cold. 

These hit 25% of the time and with several 50/50 filters you have one hitting almost every draw, sometimes 2 or more at the same time!  These are also quite streaky, so you will often get a run of 2 or 3 in a row.

This will get you down to 10 (boxed) combinations, or you can play 20 if you don't think you can pick the correct direction.

These are all great ideas, of course.  But I guess no one here's too interested in methods that isolate actual pools of numbers that pay off consistently and (relatively) quickly? Pools that you isolate before you ever even apply your favorite filter #1 to them?

I mean, I can make up my own pools; dividing the table into random sets of my choosing, depending on the amount.  Twenty singles boxes is 1/6th of the pool, so hitting consistently within about nine plays isn't necessarily something amazing... it falls into the normal amount given the laws of probability.

Except, it doesn't. If you divide the boxes into say groups of tens, in the traditional way (starting ABC [012] and running through to the end), you notice some sets pay off rapid-fire, while some go far beyond regular probability parameters; often, a minority of sets pay off consistently or rapidly, with the majority going far beyond manageability.  The effect of the algorithm as the secret hand at play.

So any manageable pool-sets that effectively exterminated all anomalous events and "long outs" would be... something great, if you could find it. Think about it: small sets tested to pay off consistently/soon; now apply filters each play depending upon the state of play - paring them down to (in theory) five to seven powerful plays per pool; you could go ten times on such a set with ease... in theory.

So is it starry-eyed to search out such magical pools? Smiley

TasBob's avatar - 4NJ9EUA
                        Bowling Green ,Florida
                        United States
                        Member #108735
                        March 30, 2011
                        4091 Posts
                        Posted: September 16, 2014, 10:16 am - IP Logged

These are all great ideas, of course.  But I guess no one here's too interested in methods that isolate actual pools of numbers that pay off consistently and (relatively) quickly? Pools that you isolate before you ever even apply your favorite filter #1 to them?

I mean, I can make up my own pools; dividing the table into random sets of my choosing, depending on the amount.  Twenty singles boxes is 1/6th of the pool, so hitting consistently within about nine plays isn't necessarily something amazing... it falls into the normal amount given the laws of probability.

Except, it doesn't. If you divide the boxes into say groups of tens, in the traditional way (starting ABC [012] and running through to the end), you notice some sets pay off rapid-fire, while some go far beyond regular probability parameters; often, a minority of sets pay off consistently or rapidly, with the majority going far beyond manageability.  The effect of the algorithm as the secret hand at play.

So any manageable pool-sets that effectively exterminated all anomalous events and "long outs" would be... something great, if you could find it. Think about it: small sets tested to pay off consistently/soon; now apply filters each play depending upon the state of play - paring them down to (in theory) five to seven powerful plays per pool; you could go ten times on such a set with ease... in theory.

I am care to share      Tas

Procrastination Stops Progress ⇒Σ

Simi Valley, CA
                          United States
                          Member #156940
                          July 4, 2014
                          669 Posts
                          Posted: September 16, 2014, 10:36 am - IP Logged

I am care to share      Tas

How? I'm looking for them myself! LOL

United States
                            Member #98740
                            October 13, 2010
                            5432 Posts
                            Posted: September 16, 2014, 11:05 am - IP Logged

So is it starry-eyed to search out such magical pools?

Nope. Just create it. I gave my example up top. I'd take the magic dust out of it though.

I dislike sneezing. lol

small sets tested to pay off consistently/soon

It all goes back to finding out which digit plays the most in your state game.

If it plays the most then there's no need to create a "magic pool" with the less popular numbers.

But I guess no one here's too interested in methods that isolate actual pools of numbers that pay off consistently

So if it isn't that special magical pool you seek or have... does that mean it wouldn't pay off consistently???!!!

What are you more concerned about? The MONEY or the Pool??

If you're concerned about consistency and quickness then a Magic Pool wouldn't make any huge difference. *shrugs*

...and lets say(hypothetically speaking) you absolutely need a pool to win quickly. Doesn't the pool have to be created

anyways?? Confused 

One could find the next day's pair and add 0-9 (first magic pool)

or if it's a high pair add 0-4 (1st 5 powerful set) and if it's a low pair add 5-9 (2nd 5 powerful set) $3.50c each

If one can do this almost every single day, then poof MagicThumbs Up

But I think the real magic is based on how you Wager. I like to get in and get out quickly.

TasBob's avatar - 4NJ9EUA
                              Bowling Green ,Florida
                              United States
                              Member #108735
                              March 30, 2011
                              4091 Posts
                              Posted: September 16, 2014, 11:11 am - IP Logged

How? I'm looking for them myself! LOL

ok Ten day window to long.... key in on 3 day window..As for me it's Draw to Draw Florida only..

My Master Chart is 60 to 80 plays every draw..Starting Point

From there 3 or 4 key numbers   Mid today  3    6    9

Pairs are here 

25 27 26 57 56 76

And Here

09 03 06 93 96 36

Doubles               

33 66 99 55 play with 2...3...and 4'.... for 3rd digit 

Mid Picks  937 760 961 964 097 356 269 368    As for me A few more than 7 or 8 plays is better

But i'll give it a shot..Right or Wrong that my take on 3digit Game

Doubles may fall for Mid...big question For Lunch today Will Doubles fall ?

Procrastination Stops Progress ⇒Σ

Page 1 of 18