Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So what would the "Holy Grail" of Pick 3 playing be?

Topic closed. 268 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Atomic Dog.

Page 2 of 18
PrintE-mailLink
Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
Texas
United States
Member #150797
December 31, 2013
815 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2014, 11:55 am - IP Logged

10 Boxed singles are 8.33 percent of the possible 120, and will hit 8.33 percent of the time that you get a single (given a large enough sample of draws).

IMMUTABLE RULE OF NUMBERS!!!

So, there is not a "magical" group that hits more than another group.  However, said "pool" of 10 numbers will have hot and cold streaks, sometimes hitting 4 or 5 times in 10 draws, sometimes not hitting for 50 draws in a row.

So what you seem to be looking for is a "trigger" or an "indicator" that will let you know when any given group is about to change from cold to hot so that you are ready and waiting when the hits start to appear.

Perhaps a short-term frequency indicator, like a moving average would help.  When the average bottoms out it might indicate that more hits are ahead?  Or something along those lines -- I suspect that my idea is too simplistic.

Don't give up!  Starry-eyed dreamers are responsible for many great inventions!

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
    Stone Mountain*Georgia
    United States
    Member #828
    November 2, 2002
    10491 Posts
    Posted: September 16, 2014, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

10 Boxed singles are 8.33 percent of the possible 120, and will hit 8.33 percent of the time that you get a single (given a large enough sample of draws).

So, there is not a "magical" group that hits more than another group.  However, said "pool" of 10 numbers will have hot and cold streaks, sometimes hitting 4 or 5 times in 10 draws, sometimes not hitting for 50 draws in a row.

So what you seem to be looking for is a "trigger" or an "indicator" that will let you know when any given group is about to change from cold to hot so that you are ready and waiting when the hits start to appear.

Perhaps a short-term frequency indicator, like a moving average would help.  When the average bottoms out it might indicate that more hits are ahead?  Or something along those lines -- I suspect that my idea is too simplistic.

Thank goodness for you and your great post Tialuvslotto!

Your post are some of the best of all .....and some of the most thoughtful post on the forum. I'm just afraid you will get frustrated like so many of the great ones over the years. 

It all starts with the math and odds of the game and it's true .....with any game of chance. 

In any  negative odds game... it all begins with math and odds ..and can only be sustained in the end with knowledge ...Art and LUCK. 

You can come closer ....and have better results than anyone else ......and still lose money with such negative odds. 

$$ Money wise ...... we should all be playing some other games...... like almost any tight slot machine out there. I Agree!

P.S.

Pick 3 has upwards of 10 or15 times worse odds than any high odds Vegas Slot machine. What?   

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10491 Posts
      Posted: September 16, 2014, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

ok Ten day window to long.... key in on 3 day window..As for me it's Draw to Draw Florida only..

My Master Chart is 60 to 80 plays every draw..Starting Point

From there 3 or 4 key numbers   Mid today  3    6    9

Pairs are here 

25 27 26 57 56 76

And Here

09 03 06 93 96 36

Doubles               

33 66 99 55 play with 2...3...and 4'.... for 3rd digit 

Mid Picks  937 760 961 964 097 356 269 368    As for me A few more than 7 or 8 plays is better

But i'll give it a shot..Right or Wrong that my take on 3digit Game

Doubles may fall for Mid...big question For Lunch today Will Doubles fall ?

Good Post TasBob !

Thank you for your excellent perspective and thoughtful process. Fla lottery should be nervous with that kind of organized play around.   LOL   

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
        Wyncote,Pa
        United States
        Member #3206
        January 3, 2004
        60740 Posts
        Posted: September 16, 2014, 2:52 pm - IP Logged
        So what you seem to be looking for is a "trigger" or an "indicator" that will let you know when any given group is about  to appear"  so that you are ready and waiting when the hits start to appear

My Short sum 0 or 5 seen or coming  90% of the time

when these combos fall they are "triggers" or an "indicators

400 401 402  404 405 406 408 409

040 041 042 044 045 046 048 049

490 491 493 494 495 496 498 499

940 941 943 944 945 946 948 949 

671 672 673 674 675 677 676 678

761 762 763 764 765 766 768

582 583  585 586 587 588

852 853 855 856 857 858

130 131 132 133 135 137  138 139

310 311 312 312 315 317 318 319

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
          Texas
          United States
          Member #150797
          December 31, 2013
          815 Posts
          Posted: September 16, 2014, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Thank goodness for you and your great post Tialuvslotto!

Your post are some of the best of all .....and some of the most thoughtful post on the forum. I'm just afraid you will get frustrated like so many of the great ones over the years. 

It all starts with the math and odds of the game and it's true .....with any game of chance. 

In any  negative odds game... it all begins with math and odds ..and can only be sustained in the end with knowledge ...Art and LUCK. 

You can come closer ....and have better results than anyone else ......and still lose money with such negative odds. 

$$ Money wise ...... we should all be playing some other games...... like almost any tight slot machine out there. I Agree!

P.S.

Pick 3 has upwards of 10 or15 times worse odds than any high odds Vegas Slot machine. What?   

Merci du compliment, Win D!  Coming from one of the greats that really means a lot.

So true!  But, really, isn't that what makes it so interestingWhite Bounce

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
            Member #14
            November 9, 2001
            31358 Posts
            Posted: September 16, 2014, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

Excellent post.  Thank you.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Wyncote,Pa
              United States
              Member #3206
              January 3, 2004
              60740 Posts
              Posted: September 16, 2014, 3:01 pm - IP Logged
              Fri, Sep 12, 20146-5-9
              Thu, Sep 11, 20143-5-8

Georgia...trigger 358...short sum 0

TasBob's avatar - 4NJ9EUA
                Bowling Green ,Florida
                United States
                Member #108735
                March 30, 2011
                4091 Posts
                Posted: September 16, 2014, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Good Post TasBob !

Thank you for your excellent perspective and thoughtful process. Fla lottery should be nervous with that kind of organized play around.   LOL   

Thks Win D     I like a lot of your work, Been reading your posts for a long time..Tks Again

Procrastination Stops Progress ⇒Σ

Wyncote,Pa
                  United States
                  Member #3206
                  January 3, 2004
                  60740 Posts
                  Posted: September 16, 2014, 3:28 pm - IP Logged
                  These states got the triggers on 9/15.....
                  thus within 3 days ...9/18..Short sum 0  or 5 hits ...90% of the time

Arkansas 3-8-1
                    lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                    New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #86099
                    January 29, 2010
                    11119 Posts
                    Posted: September 16, 2014, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

What would the "Holy Grail" of playing the Pick 3 game look like?...

Unless the game is completely corrupt (which it's not), it's not "knowing the winning number in advance," because that's literally impossible. But unless you believe the games (i.e., that aren't run off falling balls) are just randomly picking any number from 000-999 using no factors whatsoever… there has to be a reduced pool of numbers at work in any given play. And we here on lp all use filters to sift whatever pools we've improvised for our winning selections.

So we have two tools at our disposal: pools, and filters.

A filter isn't a pool, though often it looks like one. A "due sum," for example, isn't a pool, because there's no guarantee a due sum is coming in X number of plays.

A pool is: A reduced set of numbers that are guaranteed within X number of plays to pay off.

The only immediately guaranteed pool of numbers I know, is the pool of one thousand numbers.  Too big.  So we reduce it.

You can, say, reduce it by half.  That's still 500 numbers.  One can measure the pay-off rate, and then create a formula for that pool.  But that pool is much too large for feasibility.

But here's one guaranteed, dramatically reduced pool: playing boxes.  The pool of 120 singles boxes reduces the overall pool, and guarantees pay-off within (most of the time) one or two plays max.  Again, though, it's too large for our normal use, not to mention profitability.  So we filter those 120 boxes down.

The Holy Grail, then, still wouldn't be ever finer filters applied to this 120 box pool - because filters can never take the place of a guaranteed pool.

The Holy Grail of number sets - our working pools - would have to then have two elements: (1) Be reduced to a manageable amount, and (2) guaranteed to pay off within manageable amounts of plays.

But what is "manageable"?  Debatable.  But I'd venture to say... speaking in terms of singles boxes only now...

If one could discover (a) a pool of numbers somewhere between 10-20; that (b) was guaranteed to pay off within 10 plays (with, ideally, the bulk of such payoffs being less than about 1/2 that amount, i.e., < five to six plays consistently); and, as difficult as those two alone are, the necessary piéce de résistance: (cIf this pool could be calculated before any filter was ever applied to it.

... then that would indeed be the Holy Grail of the Pick 3 game.  Right? Smile

If you want the best go with lotto laughs and blackapple. BA is master with roots he shows the real results.    Lottolaughs 90 degrees and shady system are really good.  You can filter down from there.  Dr miracle and abodea have some great ideas also.    I use their ideas and systems and they work.  No constant  bs about percentages and number chasing. 

Thumbs Up

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                      Park City, UT
                      United States
                      Member #69864
                      January 18, 2009
                      993 Posts
                      Posted: September 16, 2014, 3:49 pm - IP Logged
                      These states got the triggers on 9/15.....
                      thus within 3 days ...9/18..Short sum 0  or 5 hits ...90% of the time

Arkansas 3-8-1

I'm thinking it's closer to 70% than 90%.

Jimmy

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                        Winning makes me smile.
                        bel air maryland
                        United States
                        Member #90251
                        April 24, 2010
                        4874 Posts
                        Posted: September 16, 2014, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

There are 4 separate pools of numbers in the Pick 3. Using the 120 box numbers they are:

1) The numbers that start with 0. 36 #'s & 30% of the 120 pool.

2) The numbers that start with 1.  28#'s & 23.3% of the 120 pool. 

3) The numbers that start with 2.  21#'s & 17.5% of the 120 pool.  (These 3 combined are 85#'s & 70.8% of the 120 pool.)

4) The numbers that start with 3,4,5,6,7. Let's call them, "all the others." These are 35#'s & 29.1% of the 120 pool.

These can be reduced even further to 25#'s, 19#'s, 17#'s, and 21#'s by using clean numbers. If these are still too many, you

can filter even more with sums or root sums or any other way you prefer. All that's left to do is to decide which group to use.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
                          Member #116344
                          September 8, 2011
                          3928 Posts
                          Posted: September 16, 2014, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

What would the "Holy Grail" of playing the Pick 3 game look like?...

Unless the game is completely corrupt (which it's not), it's not "knowing the winning number in advance," because that's literally impossible. But unless you believe the games (i.e., that aren't run off falling balls) are just randomly picking any number from 000-999 using no factors whatsoever… there has to be a reduced pool of numbers at work in any given play. And we here on lp all use filters to sift whatever pools we've improvised for our winning selections.

So we have two tools at our disposal: pools, and filters.

A filter isn't a pool, though often it looks like one. A "due sum," for example, isn't a pool, because there's no guarantee a due sum is coming in X number of plays.

A pool is: A reduced set of numbers that are guaranteed within X number of plays to pay off.

The only immediately guaranteed pool of numbers I know, is the pool of one thousand numbers.  Too big.  So we reduce it.

You can, say, reduce it by half.  That's still 500 numbers.  One can measure the pay-off rate, and then create a formula for that pool.  But that pool is much too large for feasibility.

But here's one guaranteed, dramatically reduced pool: playing boxes.  The pool of 120 singles boxes reduces the overall pool, and guarantees pay-off within (most of the time) one or two plays max.  Again, though, it's too large for our normal use, not to mention profitability.  So we filter those 120 boxes down.

The Holy Grail, then, still wouldn't be ever finer filters applied to this 120 box pool - because filters can never take the place of a guaranteed pool.

The Holy Grail of number sets - our working pools - would have to then have two elements: (1) Be reduced to a manageable amount, and (2) guaranteed to pay off within manageable amounts of plays.

But what is "manageable"?  Debatable.  But I'd venture to say... speaking in terms of singles boxes only now...

If one could discover (a) a pool of numbers somewhere between 10-20; that (b) was guaranteed to pay off within 10 plays (with, ideally, the bulk of such payoffs being less than about 1/2 that amount, i.e., < five to six plays consistently); and, as difficult as those two alone are, the necessary piéce de résistance: (cIf this pool could be calculated before any filter was ever applied to it.

... then that would indeed be the Holy Grail of the Pick 3 game.  Right? Smile

Hint  : Prediction interval formula subsets any data pool,   my take on this is purely conceptual.

TasBob's avatar - 4NJ9EUA
                            Bowling Green ,Florida
                            United States
                            Member #108735
                            March 30, 2011
                            4091 Posts
                            Posted: September 16, 2014, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

There are 4 separate pools of numbers in the Pick 3. Using the 120 box numbers they are:

1) The numbers that start with 0. 36 #'s & 30% of the 120 pool.

2) The numbers that start with 1.  28#'s & 23.3% of the 120 pool. 

3) The numbers that start with 2.  21#'s & 17.5% of the 120 pool.  (These 3 combined are 85#'s & 70.8% of the 120 pool.)

4) The numbers that start with 3,4,5,6,7. Let's call them, "all the others." These are 35#'s & 29.1% of the 120 pool.

These can be reduced even further to 25#'s, 19#'s, 17#'s, and 21#'s by using clean numbers. If these are still too many, you

can filter even more with sums or root sums or any other way you prefer. All that's left to do is to decide which group to use.

Do you have a breakdown for pick4     Tks Tas

Procrastination Stops Progress ⇒Σ

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                              Park City, UT
                              United States
                              Member #69864
                              January 18, 2009
                              993 Posts
                              Posted: September 16, 2014, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

I'm thinking it's closer to 70% than 90%.

Jimmy

After further calculations the math says 74% confidence level to match any 2 shortsum values in 3 days assuming 2 draws a day or 6 draws.

Jimmy

Page 2 of 18