Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So what would the "Holy Grail" of Pick 3 playing be?

Topic closed. 268 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Atomic Dog.

Page 17 of 18
PrintE-mailLink
winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #2218
September 1, 2003
5387 Posts
Posted: November 3, 2014, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

I would like to add that in the last 365 draws for all state's histories (includes Canadian, Puerto Rico), a 6-way reached 30 consecutive draws 1 time.  I believe that was Michigan Evening only draws and also 29 straight draws.  Tri-States Combined draws had a consecutive 6-way of 29.

Interesting to see if Ohio combined draws reaches 30 for the evening drawing tonight.  Or goes 31 straight draws on Wednesday Midday draw.

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #2218
    September 1, 2003
    5387 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2014, 11:33 am - IP Logged

Chart below is a total number of times a "6-way" has hit in consecutive draws.

For example, in the 4th column under "6 Way" we see 1 instance (column 2) where a "6-way" has reach 30 consecutive hits without a double or triple.

Total Draws = 5595

Total Draws that have consecutive "6-way" draws between 1 and 9 = 94%

no match

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10491 Posts
      Posted: November 4, 2014, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Steve ....excellent.  Patriot That 94% is almost the same figure that kept showing up years ago for me ......even when we had no software at all. 

When I originally posted 90% way back when ........I thought I was being conservative. Well within the margin of error. 

How anyone can come up with less than 90% as the AVERAGE effective rate for ALL states I can't really understand. I always get at the very least ...90+ %

I think that if we go from the existing 3 DAY Play Window ......of 8,9,or 10th day.......and go to a 9th 10th and 11th day it will be more DRAMATIC. 

Mankind .....always wanting MORE right? LOL   

Steve, you have gotten faster and faster over the years with these Charts. Thanks again for the Confirmation buddy.

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
        New Mexico
        United States
        Member #86099
        January 29, 2010
        11119 Posts
        Posted: November 4, 2014, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

Chart below is a total number of times a "6-way" has hit in consecutive draws.

For example, in the 4th column under "6 Way" we see 1 instance (column 2) where a "6-way" has reach 30 consecutive hits without a double or triple.

Total Draws = 5595

Total Draws that have consecutive "6-way" draws between 1 and 9 = 94%

no match

Like most players I use the two pick 3 as one string or system.

The 221 228 hit recentl in New Mexico p3.  With all the digit 2's hitting it wasn't a stretch to play 777 last night.  I didnt say bingo 99% of pairs have hit in NM since the game was invented.  Ridiculous!  No need for all these meaningless percentages.  Is this what peer had intended the thread to muddle into a pair out percentage fest?  I have yet to see the sums ldr as the basis for why pairs hit .  Or consecutive related to pairs.  This would make for a more effective way to analyze a draw if that's what we are trying to do. 

Drum

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
          ORLANDO, FLORIDA
          United States
          Member #4924
          June 3, 2004
          5903 Posts
          Posted: November 4, 2014, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

The 221 228 hit recentl in New Mexico p3.  With all the digit 2's hitting it wasn't a stretch to play 777 last night.  I didnt say bingo 99% of pairs have hit in NM since the game was invented.  Ridiculous!  No need for all these meaningless percentages.  Is this what peer had intended the thread to muddle into a pair out percentage fest?  I have yet to see the sums ldr as the basis for why pairs hit .  Or consecutive related to pairs.  This would make for a more effective way to analyze a draw if that's what we are trying to do. 

Drum

Where is anyone talking about pairs. Why would anyone play 777, because 221,228 hit in consecutive draws. Do you have any stats on that?

Igamble's avatar - spider
            nj
            United States
            Member #145657
            August 10, 2013
            979 Posts
            Posted: November 4, 2014, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

Drum

i agree with the 777 .THE 2 and 7 are the key numbers in that family of numbers some and few players made big money on that design FLAW !

United States
              Member #116344
              September 8, 2011
              3928 Posts
              Posted: November 4, 2014, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Drum

Please, let's not turn this thread into endless argument of who is right or wrong, people perceive differently when infering a data.I will rather re-phrase the  word 'percentage' to 'skips' between a 6-way for window trap if the mention of percentage upsets folks- The window trap is JUST A WAGING STRATEGY, is not A PREDICTION METHOD. Some folks play 'DOUBLES' meaning they  rarely play the game unless they see this 'opening', this saves money for huge returns. I  play P3 games twice a month for ONLY STRAIGHT BET, is a strategic plan the pays off for me big time.

THE TRAP IS A WAGING STRATEGY , NOT A PREDICTION METHOD

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #86099
                January 29, 2010
                11119 Posts
                Posted: November 4, 2014, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

Where is anyone talking about pairs. Why would anyone play 777, because 221,228 hit in consecutive draws. Do you have any stats on that?

As long as you ha e been on this site and you dont know what a mirror is?

Wow!

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #86099
                  January 29, 2010
                  11119 Posts
                  Posted: November 4, 2014, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

Please, let's not turn this thread into endless argument of who is right or wrong, people perceive differently when infering a data.I will rather re-phrase the  word 'percentage' to 'skips' between a 6-way for window trap if the mention of percentage upsets folks- The window trap is JUST A WAGING STRATEGY, is not A PREDICTION METHOD. Some folks play 'DOUBLES' meaning they  rarely play the game unless they see this 'opening', this saves money for huge returns. I  play P3 games twice a month for ONLY STRAIGHT BET, is a strategic plan the pays off for me big time.

THE TRAP IS A WAGING STRATEGY , NOT A PREDICTION METHOD

TAlking endlessly about percentages is like the saying : all dressed up and no place to go.  Its like look at me I can calculate a percentage that means nothing!   So the average joe can't survive in this p3 game without a massive debate about when a double hits?  Now what?

The programming is excellent and the program would be a lot better if we considered is  a low sum or odd even result ,consecutive number cause changes in the game.

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

United States
                    Member #116344
                    September 8, 2011
                    3928 Posts
                    Posted: November 4, 2014, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

TAlking endlessly about percentages is like the saying : all dressed up and no place to go.  Its like look at me I can calculate a percentage that means nothing!   So the average joe can't survive in this p3 game without a massive debate about when a double hits?  Now what?

The programming is excellent and the program would be a lot better if we considered is  a low sum or odd even result ,consecutive number cause changes in the game.

Low sum or odd are also parameters, some express it in percentages, some  say estimates or average, we're talking the same thing, but not listening.Everybody seems to be stuck in their own mindset that simple semantics like percentage and average  can create disagreement.

'The programming is excellent and the program would be a lot better if we considered is  a low sum or odd'

I think Winsum, been that selfless will consider your suggestion or any input to use the parameters 'low sum or odd', he may not express it in percentage, maybe use 'estimates or averages'  or you can write such program and post it for discussion.

New Mexico
                      United States
                      Member #86099
                      January 29, 2010
                      11119 Posts
                      Posted: November 4, 2014, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Low sum or odd are also parameters, some express it in percentages, some  say estimates or average, we're talking the same thing, but not listening.Everybody seems to be stuck in their own mindset that simple semantics like percentage and average  can create disagreement.

'The programming is excellent and the program would be a lot better if we considered is  a low sum or odd'

I think Winsum, been that selfless will consider your suggestion or any input to use the parameters 'low sum or odd', he may not express it in percentage, maybe use 'estimates or averages'  or you can write such program and post it for discussion.

You are missing the point.  All these percentages of thousands of draws shows what?  The inevitable, a double eventually hits.  So what.

A more effective analysis would be mirrors,sums,totals,even odd ,ldr ,sums , deviations from the last draw.

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

adulane62's avatar - file php?avatar=16228.gif
                        From Denver, Rocky Mountain Empire,
                        United States
                        Member #49750
                        February 13, 2007
                        439 Posts
                        Posted: November 4, 2014, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

I don't think the "99 doubles" draw per year holds up. Not in Colorado anyways. For example, of the 307 draws in 2014 there were 71 doubles. There is only 58 draws/days left before the year is out. So to reach the 99 doubles figure, doubles have to hit 28 more times. That is like every other day! Not possible. Although, we have been getting a lot of doubles lately Big Smile

Go Broncos!  White Bounce

United States
                          Member #116344
                          September 8, 2011
                          3928 Posts
                          Posted: November 4, 2014, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

You are missing the point.  All these percentages of thousands of draws shows what?  The inevitable, a double eventually hits.  So what.

A more effective analysis would be mirrors,sums,totals,even odd ,ldr ,sums , deviations from the last draw.

And what are mirrors, sums, totals  etc? they are all parameters that can  can be measured or expressed as estimates, percentage, degree of certainty  etc. ,some people chose different method of interpretation, is just like reading a Bar ,Pie Charts or histogram.When you say , 'a more effective analysis', are you suggesting or you think is the best way?

If you think is those parameters are most effective way(Prediction method or waging strategy?), are you not been presumptuous in your assertion when you refer to percentages as meaningless(your parameters can be measured in percentiles also).

'You are missing the point'- What point is been addressed here? A waging strategy or prediction Method?  The window trap talks about WAGING strategy(After your pick selection), is not a method of selecting picks.

Lets be open to all ideals, counter your disagreement with a viable solution, I do not pretend to know much, but in my little humble world, my predictions for straight bets has been consistent, this does not preclude me from learning from others. I had an ideal of 6-7 window trap in different way after looking at Winsum  and Jimmy charts, Wind's final post summarized what I was thinking.

United States
                            Member #116344
                            September 8, 2011
                            3928 Posts
                            Posted: November 4, 2014, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

I don't think the "99 doubles" draw per year holds up. Not in Colorado anyways. For example, of the 307 draws in 2014 there were 71 doubles. There is only 58 draws/days left before the year is out. So to reach the 99 doubles figure, doubles have to hit 28 more times. That is like every other day! Not possible. Although, we have been getting a lot of doubles lately Big Smile

The measure of all parameters in a random event are estimates, the window trap is not iron- clad, is good for money management and huge returns on investment. If you play the lottery everyday, then is not for you, is just like someone waging straight  vs box bets, the straight bettor has more latitude in terms of returns.

New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #86099
                              January 29, 2010
                              11119 Posts
                              Posted: November 4, 2014, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

Refer to the last post in knockout p3.  No percentages,backtest of 10,000 draws etc and  yet another hit.  I rest my case!

Idea

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

Page 17 of 18