Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What state will win the Mega Millions jackpot

Topic closed. 172 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 5 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

What state will win the Mega Millions jackpot

California [ 22 ]  [26.51%]
Florida [ 4 ]  [4.82%]
New York [ 7 ]  [8.43%]
Iowa [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Michigan [ 4 ]  [4.82%]
New Jersey [ 5 ]  [6.02%]
Texas [ 5 ]  [6.02%]
Illinois [ 2 ]  [2.41%]
Some other state not listed [ 34 ]  [40.96%]
Total Valid Votes [ 83 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  

United States
Member #106134
February 13, 2011
806 Posts
Posted: September 30, 2014, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

The key word is TERMINAL,  I never mentioned anything about a RNG.  They know what numbers have been drawn for specific areas from the lottery TERMINAL, that is how california wins the big ones.

Exactly, they know which numbers have been sold.

Anyway, it sure has been fun playing all these years only to help California win.  No one in any other state stands a chance as long as Cal is still in mm and PB.  Not even New York or Florida.

I wonder if California's state lottery ever rolls at all.  I bet there are dozens of Jp winners each drawing.

In order for California to participate and the game to be more fair, it would have to be computerized draws and some really insane matrix like a 5 + 1 with numbers ranging from 1 - 999,999,999,999

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: September 30, 2014, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Oh Lawdy ! ,  California wins more often because they have a higher population. NEXT ?????

Green laugh

California
      United States
      Member #141204
      April 7, 2013
      280 Posts
      Posted: October 1, 2014, 1:05 am - IP Logged

The computerized lottery terminals,  if it doesn't match any 6 numbers in california,  they let it roll again.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10350 Posts
        Posted: October 1, 2014, 1:39 am - IP Logged

jj

"I wonder if California's state lottery ever rolls at all.  I bet there are dozens of Jp winners each drawing.

From the California lottery Super Lotto Plus page:

There was no jackpot winner for this draw. But there are 101,799 winning tickets and the jackpot just got bigger! Get your ticket for the next draw.

jj,
        you seriously need to start your own Urban Legends: The Lotto Edition site or something.
        You're on the internet already to post here, might be nice if you went to some of the sites where the information you make guesses at, painfully wrong guesses, is available.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #104962
          January 23, 2011
          1075 Posts
          Posted: October 1, 2014, 8:28 am - IP Logged

You can facepalm all you want,  the fact you can't and won't even give anything a second thought is face palm worthy.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5593 Posts
            Posted: October 1, 2014, 9:03 am - IP Logged

You can facepalm all you want,  the fact you can't and won't even give anything a second thought is face palm worthy.

Well, when you make a statement that there must be dozens of jackpot winners every draw, it's telling that you don't know what you're talking about. You and jjprincess are actually funny.

You guys actually believe that CA lottery tells the folks in Georgia and Florida what the numbers were that they sold and for them not to let them be drawn until it's time for a winner in CA. Even though the numbers are drawn by ball machines. LOLOL. That's giving what you said a second thought is.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11978 Posts
              Posted: October 1, 2014, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

Exactly, they know which numbers have been sold.

Anyway, it sure has been fun playing all these years only to help California win.  No one in any other state stands a chance as long as Cal is still in mm and PB.  Not even New York or Florida.

I wonder if California's state lottery ever rolls at all.  I bet there are dozens of Jp winners each drawing.

In order for California to participate and the game to be more fair, it would have to be computerized draws and some really insane matrix like a 5 + 1 with numbers ranging from 1 - 999,999,999,999

Do not play the lottery to have zero losses.

California
                United States
                Member #141204
                April 7, 2013
                280 Posts
                Posted: October 1, 2014, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

you wrote, "The computerized lottery terminals,  if it doesn't match any 6 numbers in california,  they let it roll again."

You seriously believe if it doesn't match any 6 numbers in California, they let the jackpot roll again? There are so many problems with that theory, I don't know where to start....

For one, did you ever think that if MUSL let the jackpot roll like you said because "it doesn't match any 6 numbers in California" and then there is someone not in California who bought a ticket with the 6 numbers, then MUSL's scam would be exposed immediately? No, you never thought of that did you?

Pictures of the winning ticket with the 6 matching numbers and the bar code at the bottom of the ticket would be plastered all over the news. There would be surveillance footage of the person buying the winning ticket and yet...... the jackpot rolled.

Lawsuits would follow, people would lose their jobs in addition to time in prison for defrauding their customers and in the end what would they have possibly gained for pulling such a scam? Absolutely nothing. There are even more problems with your theory I can point out but I have a feeling I'm talking to a brick wall so I'm not even going to bother. 

Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #104962
                  January 23, 2011
                  1075 Posts
                  Posted: October 4, 2014, 11:14 am - IP Logged

you wrote, "The computerized lottery terminals,  if it doesn't match any 6 numbers in california,  they let it roll again."

You seriously believe if it doesn't match any 6 numbers in California, they let the jackpot roll again? There are so many problems with that theory, I don't know where to start....

For one, did you ever think that if MUSL let the jackpot roll like you said because "it doesn't match any 6 numbers in California" and then there is someone not in California who bought a ticket with the 6 numbers, then MUSL's scam would be exposed immediately? No, you never thought of that did you?

Pictures of the winning ticket with the 6 matching numbers and the bar code at the bottom of the ticket would be plastered all over the news. There would be surveillance footage of the person buying the winning ticket and yet...... the jackpot rolled.

Lawsuits would follow, people would lose their jobs in addition to time in prison for defrauding their customers and in the end what would they have possibly gained for pulling such a scam? Absolutely nothing. There are even more problems with your theory I can point out but I have a feeling I'm talking to a brick wall so I'm not even going to bother. 

They have to know before hand, some how, before draw time what number combinations have been used,  and where.  If you can't and won't think that isn't a possibility,  I also have a feeling I'm talking to a brick wall.

Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #104962
                    January 23, 2011
                    1075 Posts
                    Posted: October 4, 2014, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Mega millions cash jackpot at 80 million.  If it reaches 100 million,  If I could bet on california winning,  I would take that bet.

California
                      United States
                      Member #141204
                      April 7, 2013
                      280 Posts
                      Posted: October 4, 2014, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

They have to know before hand, some how, before draw time what number combinations have been used,  and where.  If you can't and won't think that isn't a possibility,  I also have a feeling I'm talking to a brick wall.

you realized how ridiculous your claim was and so instead of defending your claim you try to change the subject and hope people forget Green laugh

Wisconsin
                        United States
                        Member #104962
                        January 23, 2011
                        1075 Posts
                        Posted: October 4, 2014, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

you realized how ridiculous your claim was and so instead of defending your claim you try to change the subject and hope people forget Green laugh

What did I change?  The lottery terminals that print out the QP's, and self picks can possibly be queried before draw time by the lottery.    So still, no subject change as you claim...You've posted another "face palm" response

California
                          United States
                          Member #141204
                          April 7, 2013
                          280 Posts
                          Posted: October 4, 2014, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

What did I change?  The lottery terminals that print out the QP's, and self picks can possibly be queried before draw time by the lottery.    So still, no subject change as you claim...You've posted another "face palm" response

that's not what you wrote. You are changing your original claim and flip floping on the comment because you know how ridiculous it is. Here is what you wrote: 

"The computerized lottery terminals,  if it doesn't match any 6 numbers in california,  they let it roll again."

I already refuted this claim by pointing out a glaring flaw in your idea.

Wisconsin
                            United States
                            Member #104962
                            January 23, 2011
                            1075 Posts
                            Posted: October 4, 2014, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

that's not what you wrote. You are changing your original claim and flip floping on the comment because you know how ridiculous it is. Here is what you wrote: 

"The computerized lottery terminals,  if it doesn't match any 6 numbers in california,  they let it roll again."

I already refuted this claim by pointing out a glaring flaw in your idea.

That isn't flip flopping.  Like I said,  if the lottery terminals are queried before the actual draw,  pre draws until they get the number they want for a certain state,  and to get the jackpot  rolling higher for that certain state.  Still you've embarassed yourself by claiming I'm changing my position, or the subject,  it is just that you can't come up with a reply.

California
                              United States
                              Member #141204
                              April 7, 2013
                              280 Posts
                              Posted: October 4, 2014, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

That isn't flip flopping.  Like I said,  if the lottery terminals are queried before the actual draw,  pre draws until they get the number they want for a certain state,  and to get the jackpot  rolling higher for that certain state.  Still you've embarassed yourself by claiming I'm changing my position, or the subject,  it is just that you can't come up with a reply.

You said that they check if any six numbers match in California and if it doesn't, they roll the jackpot but that doesn't address the problem of what happens when a winning ticket is sold in another state. I don't know how much clearer I can make this for you.

pickone4me Posted: September 29, 2014, 9:04 am -

Page 5 of 12