Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What state will win the Mega Millions jackpot

Topic closed. 172 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 4 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

What state will win the Mega Millions jackpot

California [ 22 ]  [26.51%]
Florida [ 4 ]  [4.82%]
New York [ 7 ]  [8.43%]
Iowa [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Michigan [ 4 ]  [4.82%]
New Jersey [ 5 ]  [6.02%]
Texas [ 5 ]  [6.02%]
Illinois [ 2 ]  [2.41%]
Some other state not listed [ 34 ]  [40.96%]
Total Valid Votes [ 83 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5762 Posts
Posted: September 27, 2014, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

It's well-known that cheats are used I refuse to believe that so many people win this game fairly I would say maybe only 10% really win fair and square

Did the last PB winner win fair and square???

You seem to know it all, from "cheat codes" to the actual percentage of "fair and square" winners.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
    Member #106134
    February 13, 2011
    806 Posts
    Posted: September 28, 2014, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Did the last PB winner win fair and square???

You seem to know it all, from "cheat codes" to the actual percentage of "fair and square" winners.

If they were from California most likely no.

Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5762 Posts
      Posted: September 28, 2014, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

If they were from California most likely no.

The last PB winner was from CA. According to the story he scraped together change from his tips to buy his tickets. He also picked his numbers as he was filling out his play slips. It wasn't a QP, so that argument won't fly.

So because he lives in CA and he won, he didn't win fair and square? A Vietnamese nail tech? Tell me, I'm really curious, what inside info did he have, or did the state of CA have to decide to let this person win?

If you make sense with whatever answer you come up with, you might develop a smidgen of credibility.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #104962
        January 23, 2011
        1075 Posts
        Posted: September 28, 2014, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

The last PB winner was from CA. According to the story he scraped together change from his tips to buy his tickets. He also picked his numbers as he was filling out his play slips. It wasn't a QP, so that argument won't fly.

So because he lives in CA and he won, he didn't win fair and square? A Vietnamese nail tech? Tell me, I'm really curious, what inside info did he have, or did the state of CA have to decide to let this person win?

If you make sense with whatever answer you come up with, you might develop a smidgen of credibility.

The fact that california keeps winning is the issue at hand here,  also speaking of credibility, the credibility of the lottery keeps going down when the same state consistently wins.  california winning all the time is not fair and square.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
          Happyland
          United States
          Member #146344
          September 1, 2013
          1131 Posts
          Posted: September 28, 2014, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

The fact that california keeps winning is the issue at hand here,  also speaking of credibility, the credibility of the lottery keeps going down when the same state consistently wins.  california winning all the time is not fair and square.

Randomness isn't fair and square. As Neil deGrasse Tyson says, "The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."

I've already pointed out that based on sales and drawings, the odds of California having as many winners as they have since they joined Powerball were 1 in 6.4. Does that sound so extreme that the game must be rigged? If the odds were in the billions, sure. But 1 in 6? Doesn't sound unfair to me.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
          If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
          P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #104962
            January 23, 2011
            1075 Posts
            Posted: September 28, 2014, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Randomness isn't fair and square. As Neil deGrasse Tyson says, "The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."

I've already pointed out that based on sales and drawings, the odds of California having as many winners as they have since they joined Powerball were 1 in 6.4. Does that sound so extreme that the game must be rigged? If the odds were in the billions, sure. But 1 in 6? Doesn't sound unfair to me.

When  a lot of states haven't won in 3 plus years,  and california wins the powerball jackpot 6 months after they get added to powerball...Then yes something is rigged.

United States
              Member #142157
              May 4, 2013
              62 Posts
              Posted: September 29, 2014, 12:32 am - IP Logged

I hope someone from 209 Modesto wins....I'd be happy with 2nd prize

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                Happyland
                United States
                Member #146344
                September 1, 2013
                1131 Posts
                Posted: September 29, 2014, 12:33 am - IP Logged

When  a lot of states haven't won in 3 plus years,  and california wins the powerball jackpot 6 months after they get added to powerball...Then yes something is rigged.

So you're a believer in the "due" fallacy? i.e. if a ball doesn't show up for a long time then it should show up?

Likewise, if a state doesn't win then it should win? Regardless of how many tickets it sells?

Interesting.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
                P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                  TX
                  United States
                  Member #121193
                  January 4, 2012
                  1637 Posts
                  Posted: September 29, 2014, 7:47 am - IP Logged

Oh, it's just ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS that Northern California wins most of the big jackpots! That makes it SO FUN for non-Californians! Yippie! Roll Eyes

Scratch...California has a strong probability of winning......After all, look at what has gone on with the Powerball..Since they joined back in April of 2013, they have produced 5 jackpot winners. There have been roughly 70 drawings  +-.........California's population is roughly 38-39 Million people(+- a few illegals) and the US population is roughly 325-330 million..Don't forget, not all states play in the Powerball either, so when its all said and done CA has at least 1/9th (11% or a bit more) of the population.....
                  5 out of 70 drawings is only 7%........just being reasonable, logic would say that would produce more winners based on sheer volumne

As far as the MM jackpots are concerned..They have only produced 5 winners since September 30th, 2012
                  Again, now you are talking 104 drawings and 5 winners which is not even 5% and yet they make up 11% of the population

Not that I want the next winner to be from Cali......(which I hope is from Texas and it's me)..... Just sayinBig Smile

Stay positive my friend, your time will come

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19964 Posts
                    Posted: September 29, 2014, 8:13 am - IP Logged

It's well-known that cheats are used I refuse to believe that so many people win this game fairly I would say maybe only 10% really win fair and square

California >No state tax on lottery prizes

Let it Snow Snowman

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5762 Posts
                      Posted: September 29, 2014, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Ok you are sure that CA rigs the draws. How? Instead of just throwing accusations, explain how CA rigs draws that are being done in states across the country.

Explain the mechanics of how the draws are rigged.

You can't.

Wisconsin
                        United States
                        Member #104962
                        January 23, 2011
                        1075 Posts
                        Posted: September 29, 2014, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Ok you are sure that CA rigs the draws. How? Instead of just throwing accusations, explain how CA rigs draws that are being done in states across the country.

Explain the mechanics of how the draws are rigged.

You can't.

The computerized lottery terminals,  if it doesn't match any 6 numbers in california,  they let it roll again.

Texas
                          United States
                          Member #55889
                          October 23, 2007
                          5762 Posts
                          Posted: September 29, 2014, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

The computerized lottery terminals,  if it doesn't match any 6 numbers in california,  they let it roll again.

The numbers are not drawn by RNG, they are balls that are drawn.

Wisconsin
                            United States
                            Member #104962
                            January 23, 2011
                            1075 Posts
                            Posted: September 30, 2014, 9:16 am - IP Logged

The numbers are not drawn by RNG, they are balls that are drawn.

The key word is TERMINAL,  I never mentioned anything about a RNG.  They know what numbers have been drawn for specific areas from the lottery TERMINAL, that is how california wins the big ones.

aux8b's avatar - home

United States
                              Member #57793
                              January 19, 2008
                              2368 Posts
                              Posted: September 30, 2014, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Big Grin  Ky.

Page 4 of 12