Welcome Guest
You last visited July 21, 2017, 6:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What state will win the Mega Millions jackpot

Topic closed. 172 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 12 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

What state will win the Mega Millions jackpot

California [ 22 ]  [26.51%]
Florida [ 4 ]  [4.82%]
New York [ 7 ]  [8.43%]
Iowa [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Michigan [ 4 ]  [4.82%]
New Jersey [ 5 ]  [6.02%]
Texas [ 5 ]  [6.02%]
Illinois [ 2 ]  [2.41%]
Some other state not listed [ 34 ]  [40.96%]
Total Valid Votes [ 83 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3973 Posts
Posted: October 31, 2014, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

Yes, it's the rule.

Yo, Cointoss,

Yea I suppose I should get a ticket, problem is, now that I'm an occasional player I'm not sure what my JP threshold should be.

Next time I go to Delaware I think I'll buy the max. allowed advanced draw, course then you're not playing w/ any threshold,

but you are playing anonymous.

I don't get to Delaware often, though I know of some folks that go once a month for cheap cigs. but I don't smoke.

I even kicked around the idea of moving there, just not ready to move yet.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10490 Posts
    Posted: October 31, 2014, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

Not a bad plan, haymaker.......

I'm not sure what the rule is on an out of state person winning in an anonymous state, but I love this from the Del. lottery site:

More states need to do it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Marina, CA
      United States
      Member #160109
      October 19, 2014
      6 Posts
      Posted: November 3, 2014, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

This is in response to the individuals who have a problem with California always winning and think the game is rigged in California's favor..... So, California wins because the state is large and there are many people playing. We are also right next to Nevada and the state does not allow the retailing of lottery tickets. When I drove to Las Vegas, the border separating California/Las Vegas had 200+ people in line @ a convenient store just trying to get a ticket for the Mega Millions which was 300+ Million at the time. Imagine how many people are purchasing tickets from Nevada when the Mega millions are high? This to me makes sense why California is winning. There are more people playing and its neighbor state (known for gambling Reno/Vegas) is playing also. You've just got to pay to play and hope you win.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        6366 Posts
        Posted: November 4, 2014, 8:36 am - IP Logged

This is in response to the individuals who have a problem with California always winning and think the game is rigged in California's favor..... So, California wins because the state is large and there are many people playing. We are also right next to Nevada and the state does not allow the retailing of lottery tickets. When I drove to Las Vegas, the border separating California/Las Vegas had 200+ people in line @ a convenient store just trying to get a ticket for the Mega Millions which was 300+ Million at the time. Imagine how many people are purchasing tickets from Nevada when the Mega millions are high? This to me makes sense why California is winning. There are more people playing and its neighbor state (known for gambling Reno/Vegas) is playing also. You've just got to pay to play and hope you win.

Well......

A post that makes sense.

Welcome to LP txn0002!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
          Member #106134
          February 13, 2011
          806 Posts
          Posted: November 4, 2014, 10:04 am - IP Logged

CA will win.

I have a nickname for that state, I call it "Can't lose California"

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2755 Posts
            Posted: November 4, 2014, 10:44 am - IP Logged

CA will win.

I have a nickname for that state, I call it "Can't lose California"

SkepticalIts Whiners and Trolls like you, I sincerely hope never win

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
              United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3973 Posts
              Posted: November 4, 2014, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Not a bad plan, haymaker.......

I'm not sure what the rule is on an out of state person winning in an anonymous state, but I love this from the Del. lottery site:

More states need to do it.

I like that policy, never heard anyone from Delaware complain about it.

I don't think they care where you're from, anonymous is anonymous.

Well I broke down and bought a MM ticket, LOL

I forgot to ask for the MP. Thud

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10490 Posts
                Posted: November 4, 2014, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

I was only thinking that if the headline was "NJ man wins MM jackpot in Delaware" NJ might want the publicity.

Bang Head

I'm in Illinois not far from the MO and KY borders and have thought why not play their lotteries and if you won and they put you mug on their monitors it would be toy your advantage, but not sure.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Page 12 of 12