Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What state will win the Mega Millions jackpot

Topic closed. 172 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 7 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

What state will win the Mega Millions jackpot

California [ 22 ]  [26.51%]
Florida [ 4 ]  [4.82%]
New York [ 7 ]  [8.43%]
Iowa [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Michigan [ 4 ]  [4.82%]
New Jersey [ 5 ]  [6.02%]
Texas [ 5 ]  [6.02%]
Illinois [ 2 ]  [2.41%]
Some other state not listed [ 34 ]  [40.96%]
Total Valid Votes [ 83 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: October 20, 2014, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

You said that they check if any six numbers match in California and if it doesn't, they roll the jackpot but that doesn't address the problem of what happens when a winning ticket is sold in another state. I don't know how much clearer I can make this for you.

pickone4me Posted: September 29, 2014, 9:04 am -

"The computerized lottery terminals,  if it doesn't match any 6 numbers in california,  they let it roll again."

Whose " They?"

United States
    Member #146138
    August 25, 2013
    14 Posts
    Posted: October 20, 2014, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

Wes Craven's people, so yeah I guess California.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4108 Posts
      Posted: October 21, 2014, 12:22 am - IP Logged

Wes Craven's people, so yeah I guess California.

You did know that Wes was born in Ohio.. didn't  you? Those are " his people" as you put it. Just in case you wondering, his no idiot-he was educated at some well known University back East.

lottoguysocal's avatar - atlantis dubai_1118783i.jpg
        camarillo, ca
        United States
        Member #132476
        September 4, 2012
        144 Posts
        Posted: October 21, 2014, 1:51 am - IP Logged

lets see what lady luck has in store for Californians...played in a couple different places today mostly LA since I was out there

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
          TX
          United States
          Member #121193
          January 4, 2012
          1637 Posts
          Posted: October 21, 2014, 6:33 am - IP Logged

Come awwwwwwn Texas<checkin my tix> these sure look like winners to meeeee  !!!  Yes Nod

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #104962
            January 23, 2011
            1075 Posts
            Posted: October 21, 2014, 8:54 am - IP Logged

You surely cannot be discussing California's " Needs" when it comes to the lottery- there are lots of poor people in this State who are playing the lottery with the hope of winning- you saying " they don't deserve too- really?

As for not " getting anymore wins"- you subscribing to the notion that Californians are encouraged to put their millions into the jar- but they are not entitled to get anything in return?Sleepy

California has gotten MORE then their fair share in return, by winning large jackpots consistently.  Try and be humble next time,  and not so greedy.  Are other states that people are in not entitled to their fair share then, since california is so special?

Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: October 21, 2014, 10:09 am - IP Logged

California has gotten MORE then their fair share in return, by winning large jackpots consistently.  Try and be humble next time,  and not so greedy.  Are other states that people are in not entitled to their fair share then, since california is so special?

Your response makes no sense whatsoever.  Humility has nothing to do with winning the lottery- its all about picking the right numbers. If folks in other States pick wrong numbers,  how is that California's fault?

You could always move to the Golden State to solve your present dilemma! 

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #104962
                January 23, 2011
                1075 Posts
                Posted: October 21, 2014, 10:59 am - IP Logged

Your response makes no sense whatsoever.  Humility has nothing to do with winning the lottery- its all about picking the right numbers. If folks in other States pick wrong numbers,  how is that California's fault?

You could always move to the Golden State to solve your present dilemma! 

This was your response on page 6 of this topic:

You surely cannot be discussing California's " Needs" when it comes to the lottery- there are lots of poor people in this State who are playing the lottery with the hope of winning- you saying " they don't deserve too- really?

As for not " getting anymore wins"- you subscribing to the notion that Californians are encouraged to put their millions into the jar- but they are not entitled to get anything in return?Sleepy

You seem to have the attitude that it is a given that california wins,  you mention NOTHING about picking "the right numbers" in that comment.    Yet you tell me I could always move to crapafornia, to solve my present dilemma.

Are non californians, not entitled to anything in return, after putting so much in for california?  California is by far the greediest state in the country when it comes to MM's and PB lottery.

I recommend you to check your california privilege/greed/liberalness at the door, and leave it outside.

United States
                  Member #146138
                  August 25, 2013
                  14 Posts
                  Posted: October 21, 2014, 11:41 am - IP Logged

I grew up in Ohio. Lived there for 16 years. 

Love my Buckeyes! Scarlet & Gray for life!

United States
                    Member #145267
                    August 1, 2013
                    1523 Posts
                    Posted: October 21, 2014, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

I left work to go to 3 different stores to get some early quick picks so that I will have the winning ticket before they wake up in California.

Here are my results as far as the random mega ball number:

10:19am  3 separate tickets   1. (2)  2.  (2)  3. (1)

10:29am  2 separate tickets    1. (3)   2.  (4)

10:44am  2 separate tickets    1.  (1)   2.  (2)

well, I'm not happy about my random mega ball numbers.  mmmmmm,  I will be shocked if 1 or 2 comes out as the mega ball.

United States
                      Member #142157
                      May 4, 2013
                      62 Posts
                      Posted: October 21, 2014, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Lets go California,  Lets go Giants

DetroitLionBoy's avatar - Detroit01

United States
                        Member #159085
                        September 12, 2014
                        111 Posts
                        Posted: October 21, 2014, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

Come awwwwwwn Texas<checkin my tix> these sure look like winners to meeeee  !!!  Yes Nod

<also checks ticket> man my numbers look good to. Maybe we have the same numbers and we both win <3 ;)

Cash 4 life 3/5 numbers= $25 (9/1/14)
                        TAKE 5 4/5 numbers= $775.00 (2/21/15)

im bound to win the jackpot!!  Cool

Portland, OR
                          United States
                          Member #145973
                          August 20, 2013
                          226 Posts
                          Posted: October 21, 2014, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

What is this excitement all about?  It's only about $70 million after taxes.  That wouldn't even cover your Veyron, Huayra and Lambo's yearly maintenance cost a few years, which includes new tires...  Cool 

Yeah, Washington will win it this time around.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

aux8b's avatar - home

United States
                            Member #57793
                            January 19, 2008
                            2333 Posts
                            Posted: October 21, 2014, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

Big Grin  ky.

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4108 Posts
                              Posted: October 21, 2014, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

This was your response on page 6 of this topic:

You seem to have the attitude that it is a given that california wins,  you mention NOTHING about picking "the right numbers" in that comment.    Yet you tell me I could always move to crapafornia, to solve my present dilemma.

Are non californians, not entitled to anything in return, after putting so much in for california?  California is by far the greediest state in the country when it comes to MM's and PB lottery.

I recommend you to check your california privilege/greed/liberalness at the door, and leave it outside.

What you are saying is that Californians should be barred from playing either jackpot because " they win too often". Perhaps you ought to write to the MUSL and propose this idea, who knows it might gain  traction with the powers that be, but don't hold your breath.

l do not have the attitude that it is a given that California win, l am not that naive given the fact that every person who buys a lottery ticket whether it be in the Virgin Islands of in the Dakota's..each person has as much a chance of winning as the next person with a ticket.

As for California being the " Greediest State"- l knew at that point that you came unhinged. Just because this State has Disneyland, Sea World etc, it is no reason for you to declare war on Mickey Mouse and the seven dwarf's.Have you been out here? Lost your wallet to some street thief in San Diego some time ago?

Your recommendations are short sighted- this State has both Republicans and Democrats so you don't get any brownie points there. l personally stay away from the three " P" Priests, Politics & Prostitutes.

Last but not least: You have an axe to grind with this State and l don't know what it is, l think it goes beyond the lottery but l cannot look inside your soul to find out, there may be more demons within that l could not handle.

My one suggestion to you is try and lead a " normal life", if that becomes to difficult- seek help.

l wish you well.

Page 7 of 12