Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What state will win the Mega Millions jackpot

Topic closed. 172 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 9 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

What state will win the Mega Millions jackpot

California [ 22 ]  [26.51%]
Florida [ 4 ]  [4.82%]
New York [ 7 ]  [8.43%]
Iowa [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Michigan [ 4 ]  [4.82%]
New Jersey [ 5 ]  [6.02%]
Texas [ 5 ]  [6.02%]
Illinois [ 2 ]  [2.41%]
Some other state not listed [ 34 ]  [40.96%]
Total Valid Votes [ 83 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: October 22, 2014, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

So having a large population should mean when they win, no questions should be asked?  I don't buy the usual excuses that is spun here,  that it is basic math, that is a load of crap!

What possible questions can be asked that are relevant to what I and many others have proposed? 

More people play in a place that has a bigger population, therefore, more people win. What is so difficult to understand?

I don't believe you get it and never will. There must be some sort of malfunction in how your brain works. A 12 year old can understand this on the very first explanation.

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: October 22, 2014, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

I understand what you are saying about the math but, I have been hammered about how random the game is.  So, if you look at how many tickets are sold in every state except Ca., there are more ticket sold across the USA than there were sold in Ca..  So is it buy state or how many tickets sold across the USA?

Good point, however, it's not like Ca is the only winning state, there are other states that win too. But each state has their own population counts. Your theory would hold true if all the other states who play PB joined together as one state. If that ever happened, then that one big state would eclipse Ca in JP wins just about every week.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #104962
      January 23, 2011
      1075 Posts
      Posted: October 22, 2014, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

What possible questions can be asked that are relevant to what I and many others have proposed? 

More people play in a place that has a bigger population, therefore, more people win. What is so difficult to understand?

I don't believe you get it and never will. There must be some sort of malfunction in how your brain works. A 12 year old can understand this on the very first explanation.

There must be some sort of malfunction in your brain,  that some of you can't and won't realize it isn't about luck, it is about what state a person is residing in.  If you can't see that from the consistent jackpot wins, then again you must have some sort of brain malfunction, an 8 year old could see something isn't right.

United States
        Member #142157
        May 4, 2013
        62 Posts
        Posted: October 22, 2014, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

There must be some sort of malfunction in your brain,  that some of you can't and won't realize it isn't about luck, it is about what state a person is residing in.  If you can't see that from the consistent jackpot wins, then again you must have some sort of brain malfunction, an 8 year old could see something isn't right.

LOL

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10390 Posts
          Posted: October 22, 2014, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

It is the first time I ever heard of it, so how can I still not want to talk about it, if I never heard of it before hand!?  I have bought wisconsin only lottery tickets at popular high traffic places and have won between 30 and 50 dollars. 

So your claim to link something like that to big california jackpot wins doesn't compare.

No, it's not the first time you've ever heard of it because it's not the first time you've been asked this.

Also, it's been on one of the Lottery Changed My Life TV programs.

Some of the big jackpots on the Miracle Mile were pre-California joining Mega Millions.

May you be as lucky as you are stubborn, regardless of location.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: October 22, 2014, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

Did you ride on a short bus when you were young? Or should I ask, do you ride on a short bus now?

Did I even mention the word "luck"? This proves to me you have no clue. I wrote that it depends what state you live in, not luck. In fact the operative word was "Population". That has nothing to do with luck. 

Your responses are so idiotic, it's unbelievable to me. In your first sentence above in your quote, you write... "it isn't about luck but what state a person is residing in". Well, duh...that's exactly what I've been writing about all along, and now you use it against me, as if you're trying to make a point. lol

Please stop sniffing glue.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4144 Posts
              Posted: October 23, 2014, 1:56 am - IP Logged

Now that was Classic OM- even l must admit.Green laugh

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5754 Posts
                Posted: October 23, 2014, 9:04 am - IP Logged

???

One pothead telling another person to stop sniffing glue.

Wow....just.....wow.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
                  Member #128790
                  June 2, 2012
                  5431 Posts
                  Posted: October 23, 2014, 10:17 am - IP Logged

???

One pothead telling another person to stop sniffing glue.

Wow....just.....wow.

I mention Idiotic, and look who shows up. Are you lacking basic math skills too?

How much does one cow pie plus another cow pie equal? 

Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    5754 Posts
                    Posted: October 23, 2014, 10:54 am - IP Logged

I mention Idiotic, and look who shows up. Are you lacking basic math skills too?

How much does one cow pie plus another cow pie equal? 

I agree about the higher population states having more winners. I just couldnt miss the irony of a druggie telling someone to stop sniffing glue. LOL.

United States
                      Member #128790
                      June 2, 2012
                      5431 Posts
                      Posted: October 23, 2014, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

I agree about the higher population states having more winners. I just couldnt miss the irony of a druggie telling someone to stop sniffing glue. LOL.

Get off your high horse. Smoking something that is naturally grown on Earth doesn't equate to being a druggie. All you holier than thou, self-righteous hypocrites need to start worrying about yourselves and stop your preaching. 

Smoking weed enlightens the mind and spirituality, which shouldn't be compared to sniffing glue. This is why the people in high places don't want to make it legal, they don't want the comatosed masses to wake up. 

It's only a matter of time before it's legal just about everywhere. The people spoke and it's obvious they want it. 

The hypocrisy of alcohol being totally legal, and 50,000 deaths associated with it every year baffles my mind. Not to mention cigarettes that are also legal giving countless people emphysema, and many other health problems. So do me a favor, take your weightless argument somewhere else cause it don't fly with me. I'm not one of your ignorant low-life friends who's education came out of a Cracker Jack box.

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #55889
                        October 23, 2007
                        5754 Posts
                        Posted: October 23, 2014, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Get off your high horse. Smoking something that is naturally grown on Earth doesn't equate to being a druggie. All you holier than thou, self-righteous hypocrites need to start worrying about yourselves and stop your preaching. 

Smoking weed enlightens the mind and spirituality, which shouldn't be compared to sniffing glue. This is why the people in high places don't want to make it legal, they don't want the comatosed masses to wake up. 

It's only a matter of time before it's legal just about everywhere. The people spoke and it's obvious they want it. 

The hypocrisy of alcohol being totally legal, and 50,000 deaths associated with it every year baffles my mind. Not to mention cigarettes that are also legal giving countless people emphysema, and many other health problems. So do me a favor, take your weightless argument somewhere else cause it don't fly with me. I'm not one of your ignorant low-life friends who's education came out of a Cracker Jack box.

LOL. Sure. Whatever you say.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                          TX
                          United States
                          Member #121193
                          January 4, 2012
                          1637 Posts
                          Posted: October 23, 2014, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

"smoking weed enlightens the mind and spirituality"...interesting....I wonder if that will be a reasonable acceptance for a doctor to use that just before he/she does surgery on a 10 year old with a brain tumor.<shoulder shrug>..........

Meanwhile, back to the state that will will the Meg- Millions jackpot ?

I am voting for Texas

United States
                            Member #159483
                            September 27, 2014
                            65 Posts
                            Posted: October 23, 2014, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

I agree with the population thing, but I think they'll throw us curveball and a state on the east coast will win it. FL, NJ or of course PA lol 

United States
                              Member #128790
                              June 2, 2012
                              5431 Posts
                              Posted: October 23, 2014, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

"smoking weed enlightens the mind and spirituality"...interesting....I wonder if that will be a reasonable acceptance for a doctor to use that just before he/she does surgery on a 10 year old with a brain tumor.<shoulder shrug>..........

Meanwhile, back to the state that will will the Meg- Millions jackpot ?

I am voting for Texas

No, the plant is supposed to be used responsibly, just like alcohol, or any other casual influence. You're thinking too hard and scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Page 9 of 12