Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Monopoly Millionaires game

Topic closed. 184 replies. Last post 2 years ago by LottoMetro.

Page 13 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
Happyland
United States
Member #146344
September 1, 2013
1130 Posts
Posted: December 27, 2014, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

WOW ... PA just had their own little El Gordo in December !

I agree I wasn't expecting those kind of payouts ... I would have easily bought ten more tickets for $50 ... just getting two numbers on one ticket would still show a profit. I was like everybody else, maybe only expecting a few extra dollars ... just didn't have any idea the payments would be increased that much.

Another missed opportunity ...

CW

Tell me about it! I haven't heard of +EV scenario like this since the Massachusetts Cash WinFall ordeal. Wish I was closer to PA; I would've dropped a couple thousand or rounded up some investors to put the Law of Large Numbers to test. All in hindsight though, since I didn't believe they would actually pay an excess.

Green laugh

@Ron

As for where the funds came from, PA Lottery likely just absorbed the loss as cost of doing business.

It's also possible the funds came from a designated marketing pool that lotteries are allocated to advertise the game or award ticket bonuses locally (BOGO deals and so on). The excess amount was only a bit over $1,000,000 which is just too convenient to be an accumulated jackpot contribution etc.

I still find this all strange though. To my knowledge, everyone else paid the same amounts. A post on FB mentioned that a MMC rep contacted via phone said there were no plans to redistribute any excess monies. Makes me wonder if PA realizes this.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
    Member #71120
    February 19, 2009
    1209 Posts
    Posted: December 27, 2014, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

I knew no one would win thats why I didnt play..The money is going in their pockets,Its another wham bam scam.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #61435
      May 22, 2008
      910 Posts
      Posted: December 27, 2014, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Sadly I had 7 tickets in the last draw.  I wish I had $35 worth of toilet paper from Costco instead.  Jester

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
        Florida
        United States
        Member #61435
        May 22, 2008
        910 Posts
        Posted: January 3, 2015, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Bonus drawing for Florida Players, win up to $100K.  http://www.flalottery.com/mmc-howToPlay.do

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
          Happyland
          United States
          Member #146344
          September 1, 2013
          1130 Posts
          Posted: January 21, 2015, 8:08 am - IP Logged

For those keeping up with the MMC shenanigans, I found a couple of recent articles that talk about the show setup etc. So far there have been 2 millionaire winners.

Million-dollar winner$ in new ‘Monopoly’ game show at Rio

Q+A: ‘Monopoly’ host Billy Gardell is changing lives — $1 million at a time

It looks like SGI has a lot vested into this game, and it's no wonder they didn't cancel the game show.

I still don't have any details on proposed 'fix' for the lottery portion, but I am hoping to get a peek soon at the new market survey they performed this month.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
          If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
          P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Page 13 of 13