Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

RL's T-Lex program download, free software

Topic closed. 1459 replies. Last post 7 months ago by frenchie.

Page 52 of 98
PrintE-mailLink
RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
Member #59354
March 13, 2008
3972 Posts
Posted: October 1, 2015, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

RJ

About the only thing I have to complain about with qb64 is I can't access USB for bit banging.  I do a lot

of micro-pic programming and since the serial and parallel ports are getting hard to find on laptops, it's

kind of a downer.  There are a few people working on it and a few drivers have been built but don't offer

the same functionally as the older ports.   Programming USB is tough even with other languages but I

hope someday someone will get it right.  I still use the SDL version about 98% of the time as the GL has

a few bugs.  I have compiled programs from the late 80s without a problem.   Way back we had to write

our own mouse routines and so any of those programs have to edited.  If you think about it, it's funny

that we started programming back so long ago that there was no mouse support.  Dang I feel old now,

I better go lay down.  Sorry for the block style code it copies and paste better.

I think you can still get dirty-builds of the SDL version which have several added features.  They are called

dirty builds because they have not been fully tested but come with the source code and I have found them

safe and stable.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19828 Posts
    Posted: October 2, 2015, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

RJ

About the only thing I have to complain about with qb64 is I can't access USB for bit banging.  I do a lot

of micro-pic programming and since the serial and parallel ports are getting hard to find on laptops, it's

kind of a downer.  There are a few people working on it and a few drivers have been built but don't offer

the same functionally as the older ports.   Programming USB is tough even with other languages but I

hope someday someone will get it right.  I still use the SDL version about 98% of the time as the GL has

a few bugs.  I have compiled programs from the late 80s without a problem.   Way back we had to write

our own mouse routines and so any of those programs have to edited.  If you think about it, it's funny

that we started programming back so long ago that there was no mouse support.  Dang I feel old now,

I better go lay down.  Sorry for the block style code it copies and paste better.

I think you can still get dirty-builds of the SDL version which have several added features.  They are called

dirty builds because they have not been fully tested but come with the source code and I have found them

safe and stable.

RL

I'll never need to know how to do all that for the programs I write.  I use the default 80x25 screen with its standard features, I don't even get into graphic since the programs I write will only ever be used by me.  Maybe have to rewrite some of my input statements since the QB64 input doesn't allow back spacing and delete like GWBasic did.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      3972 Posts
      Posted: October 3, 2015, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

RJ

Here is a tip for handling your data files,  Just use line-input and load the entire database into a array.

Then all you need to do is access any element to get that line of data.  This way you only need to read

the data file once.  This will greatly speed up any processing you might do.   You can also use many arrays

and load each data in your database into a different one.  Kind of like using SQL to query data.  You may

already use this and if so maybe others will make use of it. 

Quick example.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Dim shared mydata(5000) as string  '<- use a value large enough to hold any database
      Dim shared file1$

File1$="path+filename"

L1=1
      Open File1$ for input as #1
      do while not eof(1)
           line input #1, dat1$
             mydata(L1)= ltrim$(rtrim$(dat1$))
           L1=L1+1
      loop
      close #1

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

'Now lets say that you want to read the first 100 lines then do something like this

L1=1
      DO while L1 <= 100
      dat1$=mydata(L1)

print dat1$  '<- process the data just as you would if using line input.
      L1=L1+1
      loop

If you format the lines in your database all the same then it's easy to extract anything

using Left$, Right$ or Mid$

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19828 Posts
        Posted: October 3, 2015, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Thanks,

I'll make a note of those routines for future use if I ever rewrite some of my programs.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          3972 Posts
          Posted: October 4, 2015, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

Here is another tip for anyone interested,  This code will reverse a database from ascending to descending

or descending to ascending order.   It's a very quick method. 

Dim shared mydata(5000) as string  '<- use a value large enough to hold any database
          Dim shared file1$
          Dim shared file2$

File1$="path+filename"
          File2$="path+filename"

L1=1
          Open File1$ for input as #1
          Do while not eof(1)
               Line Input #1, dat1$
                 mydata(L1)= ltrim$(rtrim$(dat1$))
               L1=L1+1
          Loop
          close #1

'Print the data in reverse to file2$

Open file2$ for output as #1:close
          Open file2$ for append as #1

Do while L1 >= 1
            print #1, mydata(L1)
              L1=L1-1                                       '<- L1 counts down reading mydata() from last to first
          Loop
          Close #1

I made a few quick edits

RL

js1237's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
            NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #3100
            December 23, 2003
            334 Posts
            Posted: October 6, 2015, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

Hi RL...Where can I find a valid link to T-Lex as the one below has expired...

Link #1 Main T-Lex program install

https://app.box.com/s/j3i2fxzveoo8a6pnedi4jwyai5iryi1r

Much Thanks for  all that you continue to do for our LP Famly...

"May The Numbers Be With Us All $$$$"....js1237....Sun Smiley

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              3972 Posts
              Posted: October 7, 2015, 3:56 am - IP Logged

js1237

I took down my links when the downloads came to a stop but I think winsum posted a new link

but not sure.   Check the last 10 pages or so of this post you might find it.  I think there were

several links added along the way, it should say "T-lex full install." 

RL

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                3972 Posts
                Posted: October 7, 2015, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Here is a link to download a database file for power-balls new 5-69 matrix.  The lines

in the database were generated by a RNG and should provide basic analysis until the

game builds up.  I use these sort of databases each time there is a matrix change and

don't really see any difference after a few drawings.

Note!  you need to unload the old power-ball game using the game manager then reload

power-ball using this database PB5691.txt. 

RL

https://app.box.com/s/i0o7a6p3iwglcn6hffwm3ha1h29mz1te

Save this file to the c:\T-Lex \ Master \ United States \ Multi-States  folder then load it using

the game manager.

United States
                  Member #59354
                  March 13, 2008
                  3972 Posts
                  Posted: October 10, 2015, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

Hi all

I have been running several analysis on the lexie digits and thought I would start posting a few of the findings.

Below are the results for testing how many lexie digits hit from the previous game.  1000 games were used in

this test.

MO 6-44 matrix

matched-0 = 14

matched-1 = 50

matched-2 = 139

matched-3 = 237

matched-4 = 275

matched-5 = 183

matched-6 = 98

matched-7 = 14

Note! these totals include duplicate hits. 

We can see from the data above that 275+183+98+14=570 out of 1000 or 57% had at least 4 digits from the

previous drawing.  These results are not position specific so one would still need to place them in the correct

order but it might help. I will be posting a few stats over the next few days that may help selecting lexie digits.

RL

United States
                    Member #59354
                    March 13, 2008
                    3972 Posts
                    Posted: October 10, 2015, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Same analysis but for my 5-39 game

matched-0 = 27

matched-1 = 134

matched-2 = 249

matched-3 = 287

matched-4 = 205

matched-5 = 85

matched-6 = 14

287+205+85+14 = 591 or 59% matched a least 3 digits form previous game.  Match 3 or 4 makes up 49%

RL

Krakow
                      Poland
                      Member #86302
                      February 2, 2010
                      859 Posts
                      Posted: October 11, 2015, 3:30 am - IP Logged

Same analysis but for my 5-39 game

matched-0 = 27

matched-1 = 134

matched-2 = 249

matched-3 = 287

matched-4 = 205

matched-5 = 85

matched-6 = 14

287+205+85+14 = 591 or 59% matched a least 3 digits form previous game.  Match 3 or 4 makes up 49%

RL

Craig

What a funny coincidence. Only yesterday I was thinking that such a filter would help a lot as most of the time at least 3-4 digits repeat in lexies. Total repeats filter is not the best option as individual digit repeat would be better here. I've been checking it for my 6-49 game  I have not found one case where at least two digits didn't repeat. When it helps most is the cases where we are using the wheel in some positions.

Adam

United States
                        Member #59354
                        March 13, 2008
                        3972 Posts
                        Posted: October 11, 2015, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Adam

What I was thinking is that we should analyze the digits from the last game first.  We might be able to

find a few that look much better than others.  Let's say that we analyze the last game which had 5 ID

digits and three of them look good for another hit.   If the last game had 5 and we choose 3 to replay

then we need to play two or three from the other 5.  This depends on the matrix played but I think you

get the idea.  To help with this look at the digits two games out because many times a couple more will

come from this group.  Once we have our digit picks then we can start to place them by position or load

them into the wheel.  In the last 2588 games for my 5-39 there were 1166 games with 5 total digits.

If using the wheel then set the ID filter which should have a nice effect on the lines generated.  Anyway

it's just a idea and I will try to put together a type of analysis sheet that includes several interesting 

bits of information users can study.

RL

Krakow
                          Poland
                          Member #86302
                          February 2, 2010
                          859 Posts
                          Posted: October 12, 2015, 3:07 am - IP Logged

Adam

What I was thinking is that we should analyze the digits from the last game first.  We might be able to

find a few that look much better than others.  Let's say that we analyze the last game which had 5 ID

digits and three of them look good for another hit.   If the last game had 5 and we choose 3 to replay

then we need to play two or three from the other 5.  This depends on the matrix played but I think you

get the idea.  To help with this look at the digits two games out because many times a couple more will

come from this group.  Once we have our digit picks then we can start to place them by position or load

them into the wheel.  In the last 2588 games for my 5-39 there were 1166 games with 5 total digits.

If using the wheel then set the ID filter which should have a nice effect on the lines generated.  Anyway

it's just a idea and I will try to put together a type of analysis sheet that includes several interesting 

bits of information users can study.

RL

Craig,

Yes, I know what you mean. For the moment what I was trying to do was ranging the TD filter as it also helps a bit. As to ID filter the range 4- 7 covers practically nearly all the games with 5 thru 7 absolutely dominant.

Anyway whatever method we choose we shouldn't disregard the last one or two games as you say as most of the time digits making them up will be ar. 75-80% of the ones in the new game.

Btw the last game I played I pinned down 6 out of 8 but one incorrect spoiled the fun.

Adam

Krakow
                            Poland
                            Member #86302
                            February 2, 2010
                            859 Posts
                            Posted: October 12, 2015, 3:27 am - IP Logged

This is kind of lexie setup I like to use:

setup

United States
                              Member #59354
                              March 13, 2008
                              3972 Posts
                              Posted: October 13, 2015, 3:12 am - IP Logged

The below info does not count repeats within the same sets.   It looks like 2 or 3 digits are the highest hitters for

both games.  My 5-39 has 6 lexie digits while the 6-44 has 7.   

MO. cash 5-39  Matched

0= 72     Avg= 35.90278
                              1= 553    Avg= 4.674503
                              2= 1020   Avg= 2.534314
                              3= 735    Avg= 3.517007
                              4= 182    Avg= 14.2033
                              5= 22     Avg= 117.5
                              6= 1      Avg= 2585

Total games analyzed = 2585

===========================

MO. lotto 6-44 Matched

0= 26    Avg= 82.65385
                              1= 198   Avg= 10.85354
                              2= 667   Avg= 3.221889
                              3= 754   Avg= 2.850133
                              4= 427   Avg= 5.032787
                              5= 74    Avg= 29.04054
                              6= 3     Avg= 716.3333

Total games analyzed = 2149

Page 52 of 98