Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New York instant scratch off tickets - new tickets with less odds to win

Topic closed. 342 replies. Last post 10 months ago by Enigmas.

Page 5 of 23
PrintE-mailLink
new york
United States
Member #63828
August 9, 2008
175 Posts
Posted: July 23, 2015, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

was from different packs but was $250 worth - break evens are $10 wins

stores can restrict how much they pay out - but generally any store can cash winnings up to and including 600 dollars

All stores are supposed to cash any wins up to and including $600.00. No generality about it.

But how can stores legally restrict how much they pay out if they're supposed to pay out up to $600.00 at any given time? Isn't the purpose of cashing a winning ticket that pays $600.00 or less the job of every NY lottery retailer at any given time and without restrictions?

Why would a vendor sign up to sell NYS lottery tickets only to tell its customers that they can't afford to pay them those cash winnings?

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5588 Posts
    Posted: July 23, 2015, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

All stores are supposed to cash any wins up to and including $600.00. No generality about it.

But how can stores legally restrict how much they pay out if they're supposed to pay out up to $600.00 at any given time? Isn't the purpose of cashing a winning ticket that pays $600.00 or less the job of every NY lottery retailer at any given time and without restrictions?

Why would a vendor sign up to sell NYS lottery tickets only to tell its customers that they can't afford to pay them those cash winnings?

Many if not most convenience stores don't keep that much cash on hand because of the risk of robbery. If I have a win of $600 I just go the the grocery store. They always have enough to cash a ticket, at least in my experience.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

new york
      United States
      Member #63828
      August 9, 2008
      175 Posts
      Posted: July 23, 2015, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Many if not most convenience stores don't keep that much cash on hand because of the risk of robbery. If I have a win of $600 I just go the the grocery store. They always have enough to cash a ticket, at least in my experience.

In my experience most of the time most grocery stores don't have enough to pay out the maximum amount if there are multiple winners, which is understandable.

But what is the point of being a licensed NYS lottery retailer if they are afraid of keeping cash on hand that is supposed to be paid out at any given time to even one lottery winner?

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
        Member #165244
        March 30, 2015
        227 Posts
        Posted: July 27, 2015, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

So how many "top prizes" are there usually on these scratch offs? Talking $1 million plus.

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

NY
          United States
          Member #167035
          June 22, 2015
          1340 Posts
          Posted: July 27, 2015, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

what scratch offs - for all $5 and above games in NY usually 4 with only 1 or 2 exceptions

new york
            United States
            Member #63828
            August 9, 2008
            175 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2015, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

So how many "top prizes" are there usually on these scratch offs? Talking $1 million plus.

The odds to win the top prize are usually one in over 3 million - but someone has to win the top prize! Cheers

NY
              United States
              Member #167035
              June 22, 2015
              1340 Posts
              Posted: July 28, 2015, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

that too - but most of the 5s are 2.6M:1

anyway even w the $100 on whole lotta 100s saturday am still done w these new ones

New York
                United States
                Member #156870
                July 2, 2014
                80 Posts
                Posted: July 28, 2015, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

I don't know whats going on with NY lottery but odds just a crap. $10 tickets became a total worthless <snip>. I am not playing the scratchers right now and probably I wont do it in the future. Instead I will try to purchase scratchers out of state

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

United States
                  Member #165244
                  March 30, 2015
                  227 Posts
                  Posted: July 28, 2015, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

what scratch offs - for all $5 and above games in NY usually 4 with only 1 or 2 exceptions

Those are the ones I like to play.  At least with $5 tix can buy a few but anything higher than that I dont like to bother

United States
                    Member #165244
                    March 30, 2015
                    227 Posts
                    Posted: July 28, 2015, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

I don't know whats going on with NY lottery but odds just a crap. $10 tickets became a total worthless <snip>. I am not playing the scratchers right now and probably I wont do it in the future. Instead I will try to purchase scratchers out of state

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Or right in NYC...

new york
                      United States
                      Member #63828
                      August 9, 2008
                      175 Posts
                      Posted: July 29, 2015, 12:21 am - IP Logged

that too - but most of the 5s are 2.6M:1

anyway even w the $100 on whole lotta 100s saturday am still done w these new ones

Did you have any luck on the $2.00 ticket, yp?

How about the new ten dollar ticket, any luck with that one? I bought a few last week, got about half the money back, odds aren't good at all and not worth the buy.

We were talking about the $5.00 Cash King on this thread the other day and how bad it is....I went to buy the new ten dollar ticket last week and the lady behind me in line was saying how she had won $5,000 on Cash King!

I wanted to tell her lucky I wasn't with it but instead gave her my congratulations and kept it positive. Cheers

new york
                        United States
                        Member #63828
                        August 9, 2008
                        175 Posts
                        Posted: July 29, 2015, 12:29 am - IP Logged

Odds are indeed crap and are just getting worse. Best to just buy sporadically and within reason and hope for that big winner!

new york
                          United States
                          Member #63828
                          August 9, 2008
                          175 Posts
                          Posted: July 29, 2015, 12:33 am - IP Logged

Those are the ones I like to play.  At least with $5 tix can buy a few but anything higher than that I dont like to bother

I bought twenty of the new $5.00 ticket last week, won $40.00 lost $60.00, guess I won a little more than the odds said I would!

I'll still stick to the $10.00 tickets as the odds are better.

NY
                            United States
                            Member #167035
                            June 22, 2015
                            1340 Posts
                            Posted: July 29, 2015, 6:22 am - IP Logged

yup had luck w the $2 but the $10 is terrible know people who got lots and got very little back - hopefully the sept tickets are better because i already have seen the poster and they look 100x better than the tickets from this release but i said the same thing about the $10 bingo and that turned out to be a dud

and NYC is better for take 5 not really the scratchers have played in Manhattan before and did not notice any improvement in my luck

and Ralphie - stick to instant millionaire and if u can find it supercash and set for life 1129 for the $10s - for now none of the other $10s worth it

new york
                              United States
                              Member #63828
                              August 9, 2008
                              175 Posts
                              Posted: July 29, 2015, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

yup had luck w the $2 but the $10 is terrible know people who got lots and got very little back - hopefully the sept tickets are better because i already have seen the poster and they look 100x better than the tickets from this release but i said the same thing about the $10 bingo and that turned out to be a dud

and NYC is better for take 5 not really the scratchers have played in Manhattan before and did not notice any improvement in my luck

and Ralphie - stick to instant millionaire and if u can find it supercash and set for life 1129 for the $10s - for now none of the other $10s worth it

Ok thanks, think I'll try a few of the new $2 tickets this week and see what happens.

I hope the September tickets have much better odds than these recent releases. We need a good $10.00 ticket!!

Yes, NYC is best for Take Five, I used to go to Manhattan too to play it in Wall Street, heard there were a lot of winners there but never had much luck. But it's good practice to try other locations, you never know!!

Yes, Instant Millionaire and Supercash are the only two that I'll buy this week as well. Not sure if Supercash is still sold though. Isn't there still one top prize left on that ticket?

Page 5 of 23