Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Slider download

Topic closed. 225 replies. Last post 1 year ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 3 of 16
PrintE-mailLink
watch out's avatar - behold
Georgia
United States
Member #129908
July 1, 2012
207 Posts
Posted: September 6, 2015, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Gary,

Try this. Click Slider icon, click advanced, Run as Administrator. That is all I did for W10.

Carbob thank you, I ran as an Administrator on my 8.1, BINGO 

Now lets get busy and bring a big on home.

Just do it......

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #2218
    September 1, 2003
    5396 Posts
    Posted: September 6, 2015, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Gary

Not sure what could be causing the problem.  There is really no difference between a button press

or moving a slider.  The Load-G is maybe a exception because it uses windows API to access windows

open file dialog box.  I have a idea of what might cause the problem with that button.  When  the

"open file dialog box"  is accessed I change the title to "select source file"    Not sure this would

cause the problems that you mention.  I think winsum is running windows 10 and maybe Carbob so

maybe they can let us know how the program runs on their computers.  Will see what I can find out.

RL

I have the same problem.

The main window opens but when I click "Load-G" the program shuts down and will not open the dialog box in Windows 10.

I thought I found the corrective action by going to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off (right side) > Legacy Components > select NTVDM then click OK.

Now this worked a week or so ago but T-Lex and some of RL's older programs will not open.

May have been a Windows 10 update.

Still working to find a solution.

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #2218
      September 1, 2003
      5396 Posts
      Posted: September 6, 2015, 11:33 am - IP Logged

I have the same problem.

The main window opens but when I click "Load-G" the program shuts down and will not open the dialog box in Windows 10.

I thought I found the corrective action by going to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off (right side) > Legacy Components > select NTVDM then click OK.

Now this worked a week or so ago but T-Lex and some of RL's older programs will not open.

May have been a Windows 10 update.

Still working to find a solution.

I wanted to ask members here that have downloaded either T-Lex or any of RL's other fine programs had any trouble opening the program(s).

This is the situation I have had.  My 32 bit computer was a Vista then upgraded to Windows 7 then more recently Windows 10.  At times RL's programs would open without any problems whatsoever.  Then either due to a Windows update screwed up my computer and changed some of my computer's settings.  Not sure.  But I do know RL's T-Lex program would open 1 day and not open another.

If you having this problem I found this information helpful.

In Windows 10 and possible in Windows 8  and Windows 7 if you follow the following procedure:

Click Control Panel > Programs > and select Programs and Features.  Click Turn Windows features on or off.  See image below.

Image 1

Scroll down the list and locate "Legacy Components".  Expand Legacy Components by clicking the "+" sign.  Next locate and select "NTVDM".  You should see a check mark.  Then click the OK button.  This will install NTVDM.  You may be required to re-boot your computer.

Image 2

All I know is that following the above procedure fixed the problem of opening T-Lex and RL's other programs.

Here is the link to the video for those who wish to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFmDEPa1S-o

Download the video:

https://copy.com/Z904Ash1RsZEI0Je

Georgia
        United States
        Member #129908
        July 1, 2012
        207 Posts
        Posted: September 6, 2015, 11:33 am - IP Logged

WO

The Select Source file dialog box should open when the Load-G  button is pressed. The game files are located

in these three folders.

RL

title changed

Thanks RL, I ran as an Administrator on my 8.1 and bingo, I now have a source file.

Just do it......

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
          Dallas, Texas
          United States
          Member #4549
          May 2, 2004
          1834 Posts
          Posted: September 6, 2015, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

I wanted to ask members here that have downloaded either T-Lex or any of RL's other fine programs had any trouble opening the program(s).

This is the situation I have had.  My 32 bit computer was a Vista then upgraded to Windows 7 then more recently Windows 10.  At times RL's programs would open without any problems whatsoever.  Then either due to a Windows update screwed up my computer and changed some of my computer's settings.  Not sure.  But I do know RL's T-Lex program would open 1 day and not open another.

If you having this problem I found this information helpful.

In Windows 10 and possible in Windows 8  and Windows 7 if you follow the following procedure:

Click Control Panel > Programs > and select Programs and Features.  Click Turn Windows features on or off.  See image below.

Image 1

Scroll down the list and locate "Legacy Components".  Expand Legacy Components by clicking the "+" sign.  Next locate and select "NTVDM".  You should see a check mark.  Then click the OK button.  This will install NTVDM.  You may be required to re-boot your computer.

Image 2

All I know is that following the above procedure fixed the problem of opening T-Lex and RL's other programs.

Here is the link to the video for those who wish to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFmDEPa1S-o

Download the video:

https://copy.com/Z904Ash1RsZEI0Je

Steve, members may find their Window10 setting screen loots like this:

Don't despair! Go up where to the search box and enter "Features" in the Find a Setting box.

This will bring up a list like this:

Click Turn Windows features on or off which will take you here.......

No worries if you don't see NTVDM. No download. No fuss. No mess. We're going to do this the EASY WAY.........(next  post)

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Dallas, Texas
            United States
            Member #4549
            May 2, 2004
            1834 Posts
            Posted: September 6, 2015, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

In the Start menu, open "All Apps."

Scroll to "Windows System."

Find "Command Prompt."  Click it to open the program.

Now, put the cursor on the heading "Command Prompt" and right click.

Scroll down to "Properties" and click that.  This is what you will see......

Check "Use legacy console."

Close it and you're done.

(In this menu you can also play with many features in Command Prompt. I've made the font larger. And changed the window size to enable making it larger or smaller with a mouse drag.)

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

sasharp65's avatar - DS2 Copy.jpg
              PA
              United States
              Member #105022
              January 23, 2011
              62 Posts
              Posted: September 6, 2015, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

I've noticed that after loading and updating my 5/30, 5/43 and 6/49 games and keeping the default setting for each games.

90% of my first numbers are 09 and some games all of the first numbers are 09?

In 1980 I asked my father for a TRS-80, his reply was: "What the hell would you ever need a computer for" .....  Disapprove

Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                1834 Posts
                Posted: September 6, 2015, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

Bad news.....while we did enable the legacy drives, it did not fix the crash here.

This fix may or may not resolve your issue under Windows 10.

Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #129908
                  July 1, 2012
                  207 Posts
                  Posted: September 6, 2015, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

Here's how I fixed my problem. I deleted everythang and reinstalled program then right clicked and ran as administrator. Everythang is lovely. Approve

Just do it......

Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1834 Posts
                    Posted: September 6, 2015, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Here's how I fixed my problem. I deleted everythang and reinstalled program then right clicked and ran as administrator. Everythang is lovely. Approve

That may work on Windows 8, but not working in Windows 10.

Mount Morris
                      United States
                      Member #46750
                      September 27, 2006
                      139 Posts
                      Posted: September 6, 2015, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

I am running windows 10 and had no problem with it so far from down load to install and running it

Dallas, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #4549
                        May 2, 2004
                        1834 Posts
                        Posted: September 6, 2015, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

I am running windows 10 and had no problem with it so far from down load to install and running it

What are your settings?

I'm running Windows 10 on TWO computers (one Windows 8 upgraded and one Windows 8.1 upgraded) and don't dare try to put it in the new one until it works in the older machine.

I also have Win7, Vista and XP offline machines, but installing it in those wouldn't fix the problem in Windows 10.

Please post your setting.

Right click on the icon, select properties and click on compatibility.

Print the screen and post a pic.

Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #129908
                          July 1, 2012
                          207 Posts
                          Posted: September 6, 2015, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Mega Million Fri night the 4th 17 21 39 52 57   5

17 39 42 55 58
                          19 37 52 58 65
                          36 41 50 54 68
                          13 21 52 57 70
                          18 21 25 36 71

Just do it......

frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
                            Los Angeles
                            United States
                            Member #75410
                            June 2, 2009
                            489 Posts
                            Posted: September 6, 2015, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

RL,

Very nice interface and easy to set up, Thank you RL, now let practice.

Frenchie.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                              ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                              United States
                              Member #4924
                              June 3, 2004
                              5964 Posts
                              Posted: September 6, 2015, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

Gary,

I am running W10 and this is all I did. Right- click on properties, advanced properties. Nothing else is checked. Hope this helps.

Page 3 of 16