Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Slider download

Topic closed. 225 replies. Last post 1 year ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 8 of 16
PrintE-mailLink
adulane62's avatar - file php?avatar=16228.gif
From Denver, Rocky Mountain Empire,
United States
Member #49750
February 13, 2007
448 Posts
Posted: September 9, 2015, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Good morning, RL!  If I set past history sample to 10, I get this:

Unhandled Error #62

Line 486

input past end of file

Continue?

Yes   No

From 15 draws on up, there is no error. Thanks.

Go Broncos!  White Bounce

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    4088 Posts
    Posted: September 9, 2015, 10:28 am - IP Logged

adulane

Which game do you have loaded?

Another problem that patch users will have the first time the new version is ran produces a similar message.

The  fix is simple

Just press Yes to continue then then press the config button then exit the config panel.  The new Re-cal

value in the config-panel  needs to be updated as it's old value in the the config.ini file is set to 0 which

causes the error message.  I should have included a copy of the config.ini with the patch.  Next hit the

A-Tune button and the program should be ready to go.

My Bad.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      4088 Posts
      Posted: September 9, 2015, 10:43 am - IP Logged

Rl, thanks for the great program.The patch works great. Can't wait to see how it does on Texas All or Nonthing!

Ram

I have been doing a little testing on several pick-3 games in different states.  Try this, load some game then

set the Line-Stop value to 10.  Exit the config-panel then hit the A-tune button.  Next hit the Re-Cal button. 

Then the run button, which will generate 10 lines.

Now press the letter T on the keyboard and the program will check the lines in the sets file against the top

line line in the database.  In about 5 of the pick-3 games I tested there was a three number match.  I did not

check to see if it was a str or box but it seems kind of amazing.  Hope it was not a fluke.

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

United States
        Member #49750
        February 13, 2007
        448 Posts
        Posted: September 9, 2015, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Rl,

It does not matter which game is loaded. If I set it to 10 past draws it still shows the error in my previous post. Pushing the no button shuts down the application, and the yes button will let you continue to the next step. However, is the results it shows for the past 10 draws or something else? Also does setting the regression to 5 max help or hinder the selection process? Thanks.

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          4088 Posts
          Posted: September 9, 2015, 10:51 am - IP Logged

P.S.

I also missed a couple places in the code where the Sets-> counter was suppose to be fixed.  I will be uploading 

another patch but will wait until tomorrow to see if any more errors pop up.  I don't think there are any but I have

thought that many times only to be wrong at a later date. 

RL

United States
            Member #59354
            March 13, 2008
            4088 Posts
            Posted: September 9, 2015, 11:06 am - IP Logged

I think the regression should be set low,  I run it on 1.  I have been trying to reproduce the error

and wanted to ask if you keep pressing yes will the program correct it's self?  Check the game

database you are using and make sure it has plenty of drawings in it.  I know Steve uploaded

updated versions and there could be mistakes in some of the files.  For my MO games I have not

had any problems, only of a few other game databases but I have not had time to check.

RL

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              4088 Posts
              Posted: September 9, 2015, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Ram

I have been doing a little testing on several pick-3 games in different states.  Try this, load some game then

set the Line-Stop value to 10.  Exit the config-panel then hit the A-tune button.  Next hit the Re-Cal button. 

Then the run button, which will generate 10 lines.

Now press the letter T on the keyboard and the program will check the lines in the sets file against the top

line line in the database.  In about 5 of the pick-3 games I tested there was a three number match.  I did not

check to see if it was a str or box but it seems kind of amazing.  Hope it was not a fluke.

RL

I forgot to mention, in the above after pressing the Re-Cal button then drag the master slide down

another 5 points.  Without the last step I only get several match-2 lines.

RL

United States
                Member #49750
                February 13, 2007
                448 Posts
                Posted: September 9, 2015, 11:19 am - IP Logged

RL, here is what I did. I deleted the master and pick 3/pick 4 files. I then used winsums latest download. I loaded PP and MM and CO pick 3, it still shows the same error. I will just wait for your fix patch manana. Thanks.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                  Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  1839 Posts
                  Posted: September 9, 2015, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Good morning, RL!  If I set past history sample to 10, I get this:

Unhandled Error #62

Line 486

input past end of file

Continue?

Yes   No

From 15 draws on up, there is no error. Thanks.

"Input past end of file error" is generally a sign of an error in the data file. Normally you'll find and unnecessary delimiter...possibly a comma, a tab, an extra space, or an extra number, (depending on what was used to  delimit the data). Since the files are updated frequently, I'd look near the end of it.

Easy fix is to open the file in notepad and have a look.

Also, sometimes it is nothing more than going to the END OF THE LAST LINE AND HITTING DELETE.

If the end of the last line is 6 5 7......put your cursor to the right of the 7 and press DELETE.

That places an END OF FILE MARKER after the 7 and ends the file.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Krakow
                    Poland
                    Member #86302
                    February 2, 2010
                    892 Posts
                    Posted: September 9, 2015, 11:28 am - IP Logged

The problem with that error is apparently when your sample size is exactly the same value as your recalc let alone higher. So for example when you use a sample size of 50 then you should put in Recalc box the value of 49 and not 50. Then it works ok.

Adam

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      4088 Posts
                      Posted: September 9, 2015, 11:32 am - IP Logged

adulane

Download the full install and try that.  You can just delete the slider folder from C:\ and then do a full

install.

RL

United States
                        Member #49750
                        February 13, 2007
                        448 Posts
                        Posted: September 9, 2015, 11:35 am - IP Logged

adulane

Download the full install and try that.  You can just delete the slider folder from C:\ and then do a full

install.

RL

Ok, folks. I think I will do full reinstall and see what happens. stay tuned...

Krakow
                          Poland
                          Member #86302
                          February 2, 2010
                          892 Posts
                          Posted: September 9, 2015, 11:44 am - IP Logged

It looks that it might work.

sliders2sliders1

United States
                            Member #49750
                            February 13, 2007
                            448 Posts
                            Posted: September 9, 2015, 11:46 am - IP Logged

The verdict is in. Still the same problem. I unstalled and re-downloaded the full program plus the patchs on 1st page and last page. I think the problem is with the 10 draw. Thanks.

United States
                              Member #49750
                              February 13, 2007
                              448 Posts
                              Posted: September 9, 2015, 11:48 am - IP Logged

It looks that it might work.

sliders2sliders1

Adam,

if I choose 15 samples and up the error doesn't show. ONLY when I use 10 samples.

Page 8 of 16