Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How soon till the next $ Billion $ Jackpot?

Topic closed. 129 replies. Last post 9 months ago by TheMeatman2005.

Page 7 of 9
PrintE-mailLink

When do you think the next jackpot will top $1 Billion

Feb 24 [ 1 ]  [2.22%]
Feb 27 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
March 2 [ 4 ]  [8.89%]
March 5 [ 2 ]  [4.44%]
March 9 [ 3 ]  [6.67%]
March 12 [ 5 ]  [11.11%]
March 16 [ 7 ]  [15.56%]
March 19 [ 23 ]  [51.11%]
Total Valid Votes [ 45 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 11 ]  

United States
Member #171241
January 4, 2016
75 Posts
Posted: February 23, 2016, 11:12 am - IP Logged

If the numbers are ahead of the 1.5 bil run, why does it seem that the jackpot is growing so slowly?

I'm sorry Meats the numbers don't lie, don't know any other way to explain it to you then how we have thus far, lol.

I think you're still suffering from the effects of the hangover all of us had from the billion dollar jackpot and can't wait for it to happen again. Have patience, if we get pass 300m, it'll take off like a rocket. Plus, with the fewer draws this run it may be able to cross the 2 billion mark.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
    Brooklyn, NY
    United States
    Member #169723
    October 29, 2015
    879 Posts
    Posted: February 23, 2016, 11:25 am - IP Logged

I'm sorry Meats the numbers don't lie, don't know any other way to explain it to you then how we have thus far, lol.

I think you're still suffering from the effects of the hangover all of us had from the billion dollar jackpot and can't wait for it to happen again. Have patience, if we get pass 300m, it'll take off like a rocket. Plus, with the fewer draws this run it may be able to cross the 2 billion mark.

I'm looking forward to see when it happens again.

I will have my ticket!

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
      Member #164603
      March 8, 2015
      614 Posts
      Posted: February 23, 2016, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

From your lips to Fortuna's ears.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: February 24, 2016, 4:07 am - IP Logged

because compared to the cash jackpot the odds are still too long. Ive noted the mid $300m area is where the pot starts to make its move. load the   japot statistics here on lotterypost and look at the chart of jackpots for power ball,. it goes parabolic about $400 mill,. not because people need a few mill to retire, but because thats when office pools can win and ea play can get tens of millions. thats when the big money starts to roll in, individuals who say, i only buy 1 ticket are suddenly loading up  with $$20  in a draw. people who dont play regularly are  joing office pools.

oh and i didnt even mention media coverage

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Brooklyn, NY
          United States
          Member #169723
          October 29, 2015
          879 Posts
          Posted: February 24, 2016, 5:44 am - IP Logged

because compared to the cash jackpot the odds are still too long. Ive noted the mid $300m area is where the pot starts to make its move. load the   japot statistics here on lotterypost and look at the chart of jackpots for power ball,. it goes parabolic about $400 mill,. not because people need a few mill to retire, but because thats when office pools can win and ea play can get tens of millions. thats when the big money starts to roll in, individuals who say, i only buy 1 ticket are suddenly loading up  with $$20  in a draw. people who dont play regularly are  joing office pools.

oh and i didnt even mention media coverage

Good points Goose

Let the frenzy begin! PartyCheers

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

WV
            United States
            Member #107175
            March 2, 2011
            100 Posts
            Posted: February 26, 2016, 1:46 am - IP Logged

If there are 2 more rollovers then you will see the JP really start growing. When the record was hit last month after 12 rollovers the advertised JP was 202 mill with the cash value being 126 mill. This was from ticket sales of 336 mill. Right now there have been 12 rollovers with 465 mill in ticket sales and the advertised JP is 266 mill with a cash value of 176 mill. The last run after 14 rollovers was 255 mill with a cash value of 158 mill and there had been 443 mill in ticket sales. So right now its bigger then the last time with 2 less drawings. Whenever JP become large Todd always puts up a list of the top 25 JP of all time with both the annuity value and the cash value. Remember Jack Whittaker the man from WV who back on Christmas in 2002 i think it was hit the biggest JP or second biggest in history at that time. All these years later he was still listed #25 on both list with a 314.9 annuity and a cash value of 170.5. He is still #25 on the annuity list but the cash value of this JP of 176 mill has knocked him off the list now for cash value. He was supposedly already worth a few million when he hit the JP and 5 years later claimed to be broke.

United States
              Member #130795
              July 25, 2012
              80 Posts
              Posted: February 26, 2016, 4:25 am - IP Logged

Alexnt55 wrote:  "When the record was hit last month after 12 rollovers the advertised JP was 202 mill with the cash value being 126 mill. This was from ticket sales of 336 mill. Right now there have been 12 rollovers with 465 mill in ticket sales and the advertised JP is 266 mill with a cash value of 176 mill. The last run after 14 rollovers was 255 mill with a cash value of 158 mill and there had been 443 mill in ticket sales.

Where are you getting the ticket sales numbers?

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3475 Posts
                Posted: February 26, 2016, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Probably from here: http://www.lotto<remove this>report.com/powerballsales.htm

You can also find it, along with some other useful info, on the TX lottery website:
                http://www.txlottery.org/export/sites/lottery/Documents/jackpotestimates/pb20160224.pdf  Just plug in whatever drawing date you want, though info for the next drawing  may not be available more than 24 to 36 hours before the drawing.

United States
                  Member #130795
                  July 25, 2012
                  80 Posts
                  Posted: February 27, 2016, 3:30 am - IP Logged

Probably from here: http://www.lotto<remove this>report.com/powerballsales.htm

You can also find it, along with some other useful info, on the TX lottery website:
                  http://www.txlottery.org/export/sites/lottery/Documents/jackpotestimates/pb20160224.pdf  Just plug in whatever drawing date you want, though info for the next drawing  may not be available more than 24 to 36 hours before the drawing.

Thanks for the links.

Tulsa
                    United States
                    Member #172877
                    February 7, 2016
                    131 Posts
                    Posted: February 28, 2016, 12:27 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure why anyone here would want it to hit a billion just to watch the people that only buy when it is high likely win the jackpot while committed players only continue to dream about winning.

Brooklyn, NY
                      United States
                      Member #169723
                      October 29, 2015
                      879 Posts
                      Posted: February 29, 2016, 9:28 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure why anyone here would want it to hit a billion just to watch the people that only buy when it is high likely win the jackpot while committed players only continue to dream about winning.

They haven't committed me yet, but maybe one day!.

I buy one (1) ticket for each jackpot game each drawing. It's not like I get 50 or 100 tickets every time.

Since it takes only one ticket to win, that's all I buy.

If it's meant to be, it will be! If it's going to happen, it might as well be for $1 bil or more.

The Meatman

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                        adelaide sa
                        Australia
                        Member #37136
                        April 11, 2006
                        3300 Posts
                        Posted: March 1, 2016, 4:41 am - IP Logged

The chances are someone will win  any draw other than you. so anytime someone doesnt win you get another shot at the pot next draw. i celebrate the fact that no one won. even if the chance is only %5 that  someone will win. its much more than my chance.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

WV
                          United States
                          Member #107175
                          March 2, 2011
                          100 Posts
                          Posted: March 2, 2016, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

Whith the annuity value at 292 mill after saturdays rollover it still is not listed in the top 25 JP in history but the cash value of 191.9 mill is now up to #21 on the cash value list. If there are no winners in tonights drawing then i look for it to really start growing at a fast pace. When the record was set in Jan it was sitting at 302 mill and it only took 4 rollovers at that point to set the all time record.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                            Happyland
                            United States
                            Member #146344
                            September 1, 2013
                            1129 Posts
                            Posted: March 3, 2016, 1:29 am - IP Logged

Will take a lot longer now......1 jackpot winner (FL)......LOL

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                            If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
                            P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

WV
                              United States
                              Member #107175
                              March 2, 2011
                              100 Posts
                              Posted: March 3, 2016, 1:56 am - IP Logged

Will take a lot longer now......1 jackpot winner (FL)......LOL

Yea we are back to a paltry 40 mill JP lol