Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball at $112 million. Do you like Cynthia Stafford's chances...?

Topic closed. 140 replies. Last post 6 months ago by lejardin.

Page 10 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think Cynthia Stafford will win again?

Yes. [ 8 ]  [12.70%]
No. [ 51 ]  [80.95%]
Undecided. [ 4 ]  [6.35%]
Total Valid Votes [ 63 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3856 Posts
Posted: May 30, 2016, 10:48 am - IP Logged

So do we know if her family members still have their share of the jackpot?

Seems as though they are good at the low profile method.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
    Member #118609
    November 4, 2011
    939 Posts
    Posted: May 30, 2016, 11:15 am - IP Logged

That guy from Kentucky died a while ago from drug abuse.he was a piece of work ,who looked like he was high on Vicodin the whole time after his win

Yes a sad ending for David Lee Edwards but it was all on him. He got a chance few get and blew it.  His choices, his wife and drugs contributed to his downfall.  He died penniless in hospice back in KY after his first ex-wife and her husband took him back home.  He had gone through every cent of the money, not even a trust fund for his daughter. 

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
      Member #106923
      February 27, 2011
      478 Posts
      Posted: May 30, 2016, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

Yes a sad ending for David Lee Edwards but it was all on him. He got a chance few get and blew it.  His choices, his wife and drugs contributed to his downfall.  He died penniless in hospice back in KY after his first ex-wife and her husband took him back home.  He had gone through every cent of the money, not even a trust fund for his daughter. 

If someone is into drugs, or any addiction for that matter, before they win a big lottery there is a good chance it will only escalate after a win.  It is unfortunate, but does provide credence of some pitfalls to avoid to others upon their win.  Namely me... and of course upon your win too lejardin.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

los angeles,calif
        United States
        Member #173510
        March 5, 2016
        4 Posts
        Posted: May 30, 2016, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

If someone is into drugs, or any addiction for that matter, before they win a big lottery there is a good chance it will only escalate after a win.  It is unfortunate, but does provide credence of some pitfalls to avoid to others upon their win.  Namely me... and of course upon your win too lejardin.

There was a HBO special a few years ago called 'Lucky'.They showed the lives of many previous lotto winners.It included the infamous Bud Post.This poor man ,Mr Post was a previous carnival worker,handy man etc.His friend added his views of what he saw this man do with his winnings.Then he added this important line 'If you win the lottery and have addictions,problems or dysfunction" You have just thrown a few tons of 'Miracle Grow' onto those problems'.The thing is ,most if not everyone wants to win the lottery,a sweepstakes some quick money situation where they get instant wealth.BUT,if these same people have problems with addictions (sex,gambling,drugs,food and more) they will just quicken their demise.That's why 75% of lotto winners end up broke in 5 yrs.Best to get your personal demons under control or just not play at all.Many people cannot handle to pressure of having millions of dollars they didnt earn,with a flood of beggars,users and more pressuring you daily

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
          USA
          United States
          Member #152799
          February 25, 2014
          1094 Posts
          Posted: May 30, 2016, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Exactly, we just hate seeing really dumb people win.

You have to realize that winning any lottery JP merely makes you upper middle class, not rich or wealthy.

The only jackpot we've ever seen that would actually make someone wealthy was the $1.6 Billion PB jackpot from back in January, and only if someone was the SOLE winner.

Not sure where you get these stats from but according to many financial publications, a net worth of $20 million would put you in the top 0.1% of US households. To be part of the heralded top 1% takes a whole lot less as annual earnings of $370k will elevate you into that category.

Winning a lottery jackpot with net proceeds of less than $400k would place you in the upper middle class as long as you weren't inundated with a huge debt load prior to winning.

It doesn't take being a sole winner of a $1.6 billion jackpot to make you rich or wealthy.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
            Member #118609
            November 4, 2011
            939 Posts
            Posted: May 30, 2016, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

Hey Realtorjim, I have learned so much on LP from other members on steps to take and more on those winners that came before us on what not to do.  Positive thinking there! Definitely want to be a winner in every sense of the word and would hope I have enough common sense to follow my plan.  Good luck to you as well Realtorjim.

Page 10 of 10