Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball at $112 million. Do you like Cynthia Stafford's chances...?

Topic closed. 140 replies. Last post 6 months ago by lejardin.

Page 4 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think Cynthia Stafford will win again?

Yes. [ 8 ]  [12.70%]
No. [ 51 ]  [80.95%]
Undecided. [ 4 ]  [6.35%]
Total Valid Votes [ 63 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7314 Posts
Posted: February 1, 2016, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

No, it is not unrealistic. She's a public figure. They knew how much she was worth. And they would know that she wasnt making a dime with her production company.

Jackpot winners are not public figures and in a few states winners can claim their prize anonymously. How is it "they" know how much a jackpot winner was worth when the people of KY don't even know how much the state Governor is worth?

United States
    Member #164725
    March 12, 2015
    342 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2016, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Jackpot winners are not public figures and in a few states winners can claim their prize anonymously. How is it "they" know how much a jackpot winner was worth when the people of KY don't even know how much the state Governor is worth?

Because they didnt fall off a freakin' turnip truck.  Anybody with half a brain could see by the amount she actually took home, her very publicized spending, and her lousy investments she was headed for disaster.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7314 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2016, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

If you don't know the story. Cynthia Stafford won $112 million back in 2007 after doing lots of meditation about winning $112 million. Now, after filing for bankruptcy, I'm sure she's thinking, I can win again. My thoughts? NO CHANCE!

"Now, after filing for bankruptcy, I'm sure she's thinking, I can win again. "

And if she buys a ticket, her ticket has exactly the same chance of winning as any other ticket.

"My thoughts? NO CHANCE! "

It looks like you're giving an opinion base on what you believe Stafford is thinking. If each ticket has exactly the same chance of winning a jackpot and you're saying Stafford's ticket has no chance, what are your chances of winning?

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7314 Posts
        Posted: February 1, 2016, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

"her very publicized spending, and her lousy investments she was headed for disaster."

Wow a classic case of jackpot envy.

If and when you ever win a major jackpot you can spend your winnings any way you choose. But until then, why is it your business how the real winners spend their winnings?

United States
          Member #106134
          February 13, 2011
          806 Posts
          Posted: February 1, 2016, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

Any previous winner can win any time at will I believe.  Once they win, they permanently remove the curse of "can't win"

That's why I wonder why jackpot winners stay broke once they go broke.  Don't they know that all they have to do is buy more tickets and they'll automatically win?

United States
            Member #164725
            March 12, 2015
            342 Posts
            Posted: February 1, 2016, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

"her very publicized spending, and her lousy investments she was headed for disaster."

Wow a classic case of jackpot envy.

If and when you ever win a major jackpot you can spend your winnings any way you choose. But until then, why is it your business how the real winners spend their winnings?

Why would I be envious of a person who squandered a golden opportunity? Why do you condone and excuse the people who took advantage of her?

You're a classic case of schadenfreude. 

And it is my business because she made it my business by doing upteen television, magazine, and newspaper interviews about it. If you dont want to comment on topical news, maybe an Internet forum is not for you.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
              Member #52345
              May 21, 2007
              2659 Posts
              Posted: February 1, 2016, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Any previous winner can win any time at will I believe.  Once they win, they permanently remove the curse of "can't win"

That's why I wonder why jackpot winners stay broke once they go broke.  Don't they know that all they have to do is buy more tickets and they'll automatically win?

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                Gurnee, Illinois
                United States
                Member #49731
                February 12, 2007
                917 Posts
                Posted: February 1, 2016, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Although I am staunchly against the man-invented notion of money tithes and tax exemptions for religious and charity organizations (both of these prey upon goodness of people), I don't preoccupy my thoughts with what others have done or will do with their money or their chance of winning again. 

I just think about how I would only spend 1 or 10 percent of my net jackpot winnings and then live off the interest of the remaining 90 to 99 percent. If one follows that sort of simple plan, there is no way you could go broke. For example, if I were to just win the starting Mega Millions cash value jackpot of $9 million and walked away with $5.4 million after taxes, I would use about 9.5 percent to eliminate all debt and just buy a decent new car, modest income property in a southern state, and refresh my wardrobe. Then I would conservatively invest the remaining $5 million and continue working for at least another 5 years. If I were to win the starting Powerball cash value jackpot of roughly $27 million, I would net roughly $16.2 million after taxes. I would use about 5 percent to do all the previously mentioned things plus implement a 3 to 6 month per year travel vacation schedule where I would fly first class, stay in fully furnished apartments or nice hotel properties that allow me to strike good monthly rates, and then continue working the other 6 to 9 months of the year. My subsequent year travel plans and living expenses would be entirely dependent on my work and interest income. Even then, I would plan to still invest in my own retirement plans (IRA/401K) and maintain a modest "Good Samaritan" account from which I would choose to bless those of my choosing (now if one comes begging for $50k to start a business, they will go away with a life lesson on how business works and perhaps 0.01 percent of whatever amount they can prove they have personally invested into their business. Oh, and it must have positive cash flow to even get that little consideration. People will very quickly get the picture that I will not be the one to bankroll their desired lifestyle.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

NYC
                  United States
                  Member #161115
                  November 17, 2014
                  126 Posts
                  Posted: February 1, 2016, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I was reading Daily mail and there was a new article on her. Apparently she said people stole from her and she still plays the lotto once a week.

http://www.marieclaire.com/career-advice/features/a18233/lottery-winner-cynthia-p-stafford/

United States
                    Member #164725
                    March 12, 2015
                    342 Posts
                    Posted: February 1, 2016, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

I was reading Daily mail and there was a new article on her. Apparently she said people stole from her and she still plays the lotto once a week.

http://www.marieclaire.com/career-advice/features/a18233/lottery-winner-cynthia-p-stafford/

I thought she won in 2011 but it appears she won in 2007. So, at least she didnt blow it all in 4 years.  She talks about buying a used Mercedes but I saw photos in the newspaper of her with a baby blue Bentley and an orange Bentley that she claimed were her first purchases.  The Marie Claire article is dated 1/20/2016, yet she describes her self as a "successful, stable lottery winner"  I wish she would stop that silly "I willed myself to win" nonsense especially since she failed to will herself not to go bankrupt. 

Just checked with the Sect of State website. Her business was suspended to due to failure to pay state taxes. 

So, why is she doing all these interviews?

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5611 Posts
                      Posted: February 1, 2016, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

She has open her finances to everyone bc she is always talking about them, giving interviews.  They would know how much she won. This is Hwd. Production companies are a dime a dozen and few make money -- especially the smaller ones run by amateurs. She had no connections, no relationships with anyone, no investors, no experience, and no money to throw away at the rate she was throwing it away. Any one can look at imdb and other trade magazines and see what if anything a production company is developing.

OOOOOOkayyyyy.Roll Eyes

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10353 Posts
                        Posted: February 1, 2016, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

There's a woman in NJ who won a jp, went broke, won another jp, went broke again and now lives on social security.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                          Member #106134
                          February 13, 2011
                          806 Posts
                          Posted: February 1, 2016, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

My point is if you win a jackpot and go broke, get out there and buy more tickets so you can win another and endlessly repeat the process LOL.

Take note: This advice only applies to previous winners because players like us just can't win at will whenever we want to.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                            adelaide sa
                            Australia
                            Member #37136
                            April 11, 2006
                            3300 Posts
                            Posted: February 2, 2016, 12:50 am - IP Logged

I wonder how many people out there will themselves to win ea lotto draw? cant be many , jusging by the few winners we see,

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7314 Posts
                              Posted: February 2, 2016, 1:23 am - IP Logged

Why would I be envious of a person who squandered a golden opportunity? Why do you condone and excuse the people who took advantage of her?

You're a classic case of schadenfreude. 

And it is my business because she made it my business by doing upteen television, magazine, and newspaper interviews about it. If you dont want to comment on topical news, maybe an Internet forum is not for you.

"Why do you condone and excuse the people who took advantage of her?"

You must have missed where I said it's none of my business how she spends her money. It's obvious you're suffering from jackpot envy; you didn't win, get over it.

"If you dont want to comment on topical news, maybe an Internet forum is not for you. "

ROFL @ "topical news", Stafford won her jackpot in 2007. However jackpot envy is very topical on LP every time jackpot fever becomes epidemic. I'll be looking for more of your envious posts when the other two record PB winners validate their tickets. Wink

Page 4 of 10