Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball at $112 million. Do you like Cynthia Stafford's chances...?

Topic closed. 140 replies. Last post 6 months ago by lejardin.

Page 2 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think Cynthia Stafford will win again?

Yes. [ 8 ]  [12.70%]
No. [ 51 ]  [80.95%]
Undecided. [ 4 ]  [6.35%]
Total Valid Votes [ 63 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5588 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2016, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

If she pays for a ticket she has the same chance as anyone else, and the same right to the money if she wins as anyone else.

There's a story about a multiple jackpot winner elsewhere on LP. Did he not deserve to win again?

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Idaho
    United States
    Member #76087
    June 18, 2009
    859 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2016, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Thing is, our individual feelings and judgments are of no value when it comes to this topic of jackpot winners.  If there is a "god" in charge of these "blessings", then that god is probably also detached and spins the wheel.  Nice, honest, hard-working people win as well as people who have a great distaste for work.  Sex offenders have also been known to win big.  So I try not to think about it too much.  At best it provides some entertainment value, maybe even some inspiration now and then.

La Maga Della Spaziometria

United States
      Member #164725
      March 12, 2015
      341 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2016, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Well, that is sad. Read that when they tried to foreclose on her house last Sept she tried to file bankruptcy then. I doubt she made a dime on her production company or her husband's fitness business. Originally, she bought two butt ugly Bentleys - a power blue and orange one. Now she is driving two other Bentleys that are less garish. She bought handbags to the tune of 200k. I saw a real estate show when she and her husband were looking for a building for his "fitness" center and she was going to pay 25k a month rent. She gave away a million to charity and bought a lot of ugly expensive artwork. Wonder if her father and brother to whom she was so generous will help her out?  She just didnt stop spending. 

larry3100's avatar - larry icon2.jpg
        Redwood City,California
        United States
        Member #70503
        February 3, 2009
        200 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2016, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Everyone has this special way of winning the lottery, meditation or whatever and then when it happens, they think that's what won them the lottery. Cynthia Stafford had her day in the sun and just went crazy with her lottery fortune, giving away millions of dollars. No, Cynthia won't win again, not a chance.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1953 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2016, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Nope. I'm gonna win it in about a week and a half when it's $160-180M.Big Grin

Gonna win.Big Smile

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7297 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2016, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/211684

I doubt it, she got lucky and treated the opportunity as if it happened every day rather than more likely once in a lifetime.

I find it strange people who never won a jackpot are more interested in if someone will win a second jackpot than winning themselves. This poll should be "do you have jackpot envy?"

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
              Member #169277
              October 10, 2015
              630 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2016, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

I find it strange people who never won a jackpot are more interested in if someone will win a second jackpot than winning themselves. This poll should be "do you have jackpot envy?"

It's a fascinating question because of the coincidence of the 112 million amount and what a 2nd win would mean for deliberate use of the LOA.

United States
                Member #145267
                August 1, 2013
                1492 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2016, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

I guess hearsetrax wants Cynthia to win again, go figure?

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                  Brooklyn, NY
                  United States
                  Member #169723
                  October 29, 2015
                  877 Posts
                  Posted: January 31, 2016, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Well, that is sad. Read that when they tried to foreclose on her house last Sept she tried to file bankruptcy then. I doubt she made a dime on her production company or her husband's fitness business. Originally, she bought two butt ugly Bentleys - a power blue and orange one. Now she is driving two other Bentleys that are less garish. She bought handbags to the tune of 200k. I saw a real estate show when she and her husband were looking for a building for his "fitness" center and she was going to pay 25k a month rent. She gave away a million to charity and bought a lot of ugly expensive artwork. Wonder if her father and brother to whom she was so generous will help her out?  She just didnt stop spending. 

Very interesting video. Thanks for sharing.

If it's meant to be, it should be me. I have so many good things to do with the money that I can't do now. I have a "plan" and will not be one of those to blow it all and have nothing to show for it in the end.

We play the lottery and hope that one day the dreams we have when buying a (or more) ticket becomes a reality after we win.

Good luck to all players. Got to be in it to win it!

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4104 Posts
                    Posted: January 31, 2016, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

In all fairness- l do not think of Cynthia's chances at all. l am more concerned with mine, as it should be. She had hers- l want mine.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3300 Posts
                      Posted: February 1, 2016, 12:24 am - IP Logged

We should all get 2 chances at the pot, 1 to be an idiot with and a 2nd to learn from our mistakes. I voted no tho

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                        Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4104 Posts
                        Posted: February 1, 2016, 12:36 am - IP Logged

We should all get 2 chances at the pot, 1 to be an idiot with and a 2nd to learn from our mistakes. I voted no tho

l would rather learn from others mistakes than having to experience it for myself.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Candlelight777's avatar - nw saucyelf.jpg
                          Indiana
                          United States
                          Member #150273
                          December 18, 2013
                          495 Posts
                          Posted: February 1, 2016, 8:02 am - IP Logged

If she had just bought a nice house, paid off her debt and got a shiny new car and then just lived off of the interest can you imagine the money she would have rolling in month after month in just interest income!! I don't understand why winners handle their winnings the way they do...but each winner seems to have something in their story on what not to do as a lesson for future winners. With that in mind, you would think future winners would get smarter with their winnings but instead they find themselves worse off then they were before they won. 

"Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip, conflict calms down.

Like adding charcoal to embers or wood to fire, quarrelsome people kindle strife."

Proverbs 26: 20-21

United States
                            Member #164725
                            March 12, 2015
                            341 Posts
                            Posted: February 1, 2016, 8:10 am - IP Logged

She certainly was taken advantage of by people, starting with the fiance/husband, the charity that accepted her 1 million bucks, the people behind her production company (she took a 2 day course and thought she knew what she was doing?!), etc.  She pretty much had no money coming in but thought it was okay to buy extremely expensive cars, i.e., Bentleys and a Bugotti (!).  Why didnt her father and brother warn her to slow down? I suspect, Cynthia was hell bent on living in the fast lane.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #55889
                              October 23, 2007
                              5588 Posts
                              Posted: February 1, 2016, 9:03 am - IP Logged

She certainly was taken advantage of by people, starting with the fiance/husband, the charity that accepted her 1 million bucks, the people behind her production company (she took a 2 day course and thought she knew what she was doing?!), etc.  She pretty much had no money coming in but thought it was okay to buy extremely expensive cars, i.e., Bentleys and a Bugotti (!).  Why didnt her father and brother warn her to slow down? I suspect, Cynthia was hell bent on living in the fast lane.

Some of those things may be true, such as the Bentleys. But, how did the charity take advantage of her? Should the charity have said "No, no, you keep the money." ???

She made her own mistakes with her own money. She also did some good with it. It's easy to sit back with no experience and judge other people after the fact.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Page 2 of 10