Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball at $112 million. Do you like Cynthia Stafford's chances...?

Topic closed. 140 replies. Last post 6 months ago by lejardin.

Page 7 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think Cynthia Stafford will win again?

Yes. [ 8 ]  [12.70%]
No. [ 51 ]  [80.95%]
Undecided. [ 4 ]  [6.35%]
Total Valid Votes [ 63 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
South Carolina
United States
Member #77167
July 15, 2009
554 Posts
Posted: March 27, 2016, 7:38 am - IP Logged

Other people have squandered, misspent, blown lottery wins and won again.  She may be one of those people.  They just kept playing.

Looking at and reading about her purchases it seems she wanted to be a princess and a good aunt to her nieces and nephews.

She could have kicked it down a notch and been set for life.  Now that she's had her 15 minutes of fame, I hope she will be wiser if she wins again.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

United States
    Member #145267
    August 1, 2013
    1502 Posts
    Posted: March 27, 2016, 8:31 am - IP Logged

She will not win again, she has had her time as far as a lottery millionaire.  I don't think the force is on her side to win again or ever again.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
      USA
      United States
      Member #152799
      February 25, 2014
      1092 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2016, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

Her story is very sad. Her dreams of wealth and success were the downfall of her situation. To most folks looking at her from the outside, all they knew is that she won $112 million dollars and they failed to take into account that she split the $67 million lump cash amount three ways so after taxes her net was just a bit over $14 million.

If she had been somewhat frugal and "only" spent about $2 million on a home, cars, clothing and living essentials for her and the kids, banking the $12 million balance at today's dismal rate of 0.5% would still have brought in $5,000 per month. I feel really bad for her as she envisioned herself as a big Hollywood mogul which in my opinion was the root of her demise. A sensible life would have really gone a long way towards providing financial security, happiness and stability for her and her kids.

In terms of her winning again, she has the same chance as anyone else who buys a ticket but in her case it's whether lightning will strike twice.

United States
        Member #145267
        August 1, 2013
        1502 Posts
        Posted: March 28, 2016, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

I hear what you are saying, but truely I believe that lightning will not strick twice for her.  In one life time we have a chance for lightning to strike once in a life time.  With all of the lottery jackpot winners, not one of them have hit a jackpot twice for mm and pb.  Her losing her money should be another educational lesson for the future jackpot winners of what not to do.  Right now, she probably has numbers under her pillow, on the walls and every place to help her to win again.  God gave her a wish and she over did it on the spending.  I have alway stated, budget budget budget And More budget.

United States
          Member #173009
          February 12, 2016
          9 Posts
          Posted: March 29, 2016, 3:44 am - IP Logged

she split 50/25/25.  her cut was $26M.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
            Member #165244
            March 30, 2015
            227 Posts
            Posted: March 29, 2016, 7:24 am - IP Logged

She has just as much chance of winning again as anyone has of winning a jackpot to begin with.

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
              USA
              United States
              Member #152799
              February 25, 2014
              1092 Posts
              Posted: March 29, 2016, 11:01 am - IP Logged

she split 50/25/25.  her cut was $26M.

Thanks for your input as I wasn't aware of that. This just makes her spending habit seem that much more reckless.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                Brooklyn, NY
                United States
                Member #169723
                October 29, 2015
                877 Posts
                Posted: March 29, 2016, 11:15 am - IP Logged

She has just as much chance of winning again as anyone has of winning a jackpot to begin with.

I Agree!

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

United States
                  Member #173009
                  February 12, 2016
                  9 Posts
                  Posted: March 30, 2016, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

built in odds + repeat factor = 1 in 2 trillion

she had her chance.  the law of attraction or "i just knew i'd win!" aren't working in her case. maybe she can hustle her dad and brother for part of their winnings so she can start over on a smaller scale if they are willing to give her for the kid's sake $2 mil a piece or something. those odds are better

Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #171107
                    December 31, 2015
                    77 Posts
                    Posted: March 30, 2016, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Her story is very sad. Her dreams of wealth and success were the downfall of her situation. To most folks looking at her from the outside, all they knew is that she won $112 million dollars and they failed to take into account that she split the $67 million lump cash amount three ways so after taxes her net was just a bit over $14 million.

If she had been somewhat frugal and "only" spent about $2 million on a home, cars, clothing and living essentials for her and the kids, banking the $12 million balance at today's dismal rate of 0.5% would still have brought in $5,000 per month. I feel really bad for her as she envisioned herself as a big Hollywood mogul which in my opinion was the root of her demise. A sensible life would have really gone a long way towards providing financial security, happiness and stability for her and her kids.

In terms of her winning again, she has the same chance as anyone else who buys a ticket but in her case it's whether lightning will strike twice.

Its hard to feel bad for someone who squandered $14 million

I really cant find any sympathy for their plight especially when I have very little money and was never lucky enough to be set for life (Which is what $14M should have done for her)

sully16's avatar - sharan
                      Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      40394 Posts
                      Posted: March 30, 2016, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

no

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

boston,ma
                        United States
                        Member #150102
                        December 15, 2013
                        112 Posts
                        Posted: April 1, 2016, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

I agree. I also believe that her wanting to be a big shot in hollywood is what did her in. She just spent way out of her league and planned very poorly. Aside from going broke, i'm sure she's incredibly embarrassed by this because when gave interviews, she always stressed that she wasn't going to be one of the ppl who win all this money and go broke. Oh well.

The Windy City
                          United States
                          Member #171690
                          January 10, 2016
                          62 Posts
                          Posted: April 1, 2016, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

I must be one greedy bastage , but I crack up when people wish others good luck to win a lottery.   I wish no one good luck, but me.   Maybe others think that by wishing good luck will give themselves Karma.  I don't think so.   You winning does nothing for me.   I still have to get up at 2:30am to go to my stupid job.  (I inserted stupid in place of other words I would have rather used - but Todd probably would not have appreciated any of them.)

- Wanna win at least a couple commas

United States
                            Member #145267
                            August 1, 2013
                            1502 Posts
                            Posted: April 2, 2016, 11:49 am - IP Logged

I agree with you Dreaming Gemini 100%, well said.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                              Member #142499
                              May 13, 2013
                              1182 Posts
                              Posted: April 3, 2016, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

I agree. I also believe that her wanting to be a big shot in hollywood is what did her in. She just spent way out of her league and planned very poorly. Aside from going broke, i'm sure she's incredibly embarrassed by this because when gave interviews, she always stressed that she wasn't going to be one of the ppl who win all this money and go broke. Oh well.

How embarrassed can she possibly be when she went on 20/20 to tell the entire world that she has two Bentleys but filed for bankruptcy. That's the opposite of embarrassed. Maybe (big maybe) the local news would have found out about the bankruptcy eventually and done a piece on it, but I'm betting that very few people outside of her community and outside the lottery world know or care who she is and that she filed for bankruptcy. If there isn't a death or drug use involved, a lottery winner filing for bankruptcy is hardly going to make national news any more. And yet, Cynthia being Cynthia had to make sure the nation knew. Her unabashed quest for continuous fame, her need to be in the spotlight supersedes any embarrassment she might have felt.

Page 7 of 10