Welcome Guest
You last visited October 22, 2017, 11:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball at $112 million. Do you like Cynthia Stafford's chances...?

Topic closed. 140 replies. Last post 1 year ago by lejardin.

Page 3 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think Cynthia Stafford will win again?

Yes. [ 8 ]  [12.70%]
No. [ 51 ]  [80.95%]
Undecided. [ 4 ]  [6.35%]
Total Valid Votes [ 63 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
NYC
United States
Member #161115
November 17, 2014
129 Posts
Posted: February 1, 2016, 9:14 am - IP Logged

If she had just bought a nice house, paid off her debt and got a shiny new car and then just lived off of the interest can you imagine the money she would have rolling in month after month in just interest income!! I don't understand why winners handle their winnings the way they do...but each winner seems to have something in their story on what not to do as a lesson for future winners. With that in mind, you would think future winners would get smarter with their winnings but instead they find themselves worse off then they were before they won. 

She did buy a new house and cars. The mistake she made was giving away, spending, and investing too much money into areas that didn't pay off in the long run. And not planning for the future.

United States
    Member #164725
    March 12, 2015
    1041 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2016, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Some of those things may be true, such as the Bentleys. But, how did the charity take advantage of her? Should the charity have said "No, no, you keep the money." ???

She made her own mistakes with her own money. She also did some good with it. It's easy to sit back with no experience and judge other people after the fact.

Yes, they should have said no. It was too much based on what she won. It was amoral. Just bc someone is inexperienced or stupid doesnt give you the right to take advantage of them.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - chi
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6341 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2016, 9:49 am - IP Logged

I feel sorry for the kids.

They have trust funds set up so they will be ok.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
        Member #164725
        March 12, 2015
        1041 Posts
        Posted: February 1, 2016, 9:49 am - IP Logged

She did buy a new house and cars. The mistake she made was giving away, spending, and investing too much money into areas that didn't pay off in the long run. And not planning for the future.

She spent millions on cars: Her indulgences include Gucci, Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry and flying by private plane. She currently has six cars – including two Bentleys and a Mercedes – and is about to purchase a Rolls Royce Ghost.

Then there is the Bugotti she bought the husband. Where did she even put these cars??? 

Since they were going to foreclose on her house in Sept 2015, she either never bought the house outright when she had the cash or took out a mortgage when money got tight. 

She only took about 16 million home after federal taxes and went thru it in less than 4 years.

United States
          Member #164725
          March 12, 2015
          1041 Posts
          Posted: February 1, 2016, 9:51 am - IP Logged

They have trust funds set up so they will be ok.

There were five nephews. Which meant she had even less money to be throwing away.  I would hope her father and brother would have contributed to their welfare, too.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
            JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
            Member #141034
            April 2, 2013
            1481 Posts
            Posted: February 1, 2016, 9:53 am - IP Logged

Will the smiling boyfriend/husband stick around after the money is gone? Time will tell.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
              JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
              Member #141034
              April 2, 2013
              1481 Posts
              Posted: February 1, 2016, 10:02 am - IP Logged

l would rather learn from others mistakes than having to experience it for myself.

Exactamundo. That is why we come to LP, to be informed, learn and assimilate those nuggets of wisdom that would have escaped us otherwise. LP ROCKS.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                20143 Posts
                Posted: February 1, 2016, 10:13 am - IP Logged

If you don't know the story. Cynthia Stafford won $112 million back in 2007 after doing lots of meditation about winning $112 million. Now, after filing for bankruptcy, I'm sure she's thinking, I can win again. My thoughts? NO CHANCE!

Her chances are as good as Brad Duke who's plans were to become a billionaire after his win or those who continue to play and hope for their first win.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning one * 

Evil Looking       

NYC
                  United States
                  Member #161115
                  November 17, 2014
                  129 Posts
                  Posted: February 1, 2016, 10:14 am - IP Logged

She spent millions on cars: Her indulgences include Gucci, Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry and flying by private plane. She currently has six cars – including two Bentleys and a Mercedes – and is about to purchase a Rolls Royce Ghost.

Then there is the Bugotti she bought the husband. Where did she even put these cars??? 

Since they were going to foreclose on her house in Sept 2015, she either never bought the house outright when she had the cash or took out a mortgage when money got tight. 

She only took about 16 million home after federal taxes and went thru it in less than 4 years.

Where are u getting this info from ? .... Six cars, On the ABC interview they just showed her house and the two cars in the driveway (Rolls and Bentley). They looked at the Bugatti on that Lotto show. And she is obviously is still living in the house since it was showed on TV. She said she did travel to places like Paris, donated to Geffen and another place in NY,.  So it's no surprise that the money can go quickly.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - chi
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6341 Posts
                    Posted: February 1, 2016, 10:16 am - IP Logged

There were five nephews. Which meant she had even less money to be throwing away.  I would hope her father and brother would have contributed to their welfare, too.

You would think I don't know why the grandfather wasn't trying to get custody of them in the first place What?.  Truth be told she should have just bought( father & brother) a house and car and that's it.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                      Columbus, Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #128906
                      June 5, 2012
                      599 Posts
                      Posted: February 1, 2016, 11:31 am - IP Logged

I also find it interesting that powerball is currently at 112 million,  I'm sure she's looking at that as a sign.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #55889
                        October 23, 2007
                        6653 Posts
                        Posted: February 1, 2016, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Yes, they should have said no. It was too much based on what she won. It was amoral. Just bc someone is inexperienced or stupid doesnt give you the right to take advantage of them.

That is rather unrealistic. The charity wouldn't be privy to her finances. As far as they know, she could afford to donate. Especially if they knew she was a jackpot winner.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
                          Member #164725
                          March 12, 2015
                          1041 Posts
                          Posted: February 1, 2016, 11:47 am - IP Logged

That is rather unrealistic. The charity wouldn't be privy to her finances. As far as they know, she could afford to donate. Especially if they knew she was a jackpot winner.

No, it is not unrealistic. She's a public figure. They knew how much she was worth. And they would know that she wasnt making a dime with her production company.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #55889
                            October 23, 2007
                            6653 Posts
                            Posted: February 1, 2016, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

No, it is not unrealistic. She's a public figure. They knew how much she was worth. And they would know that she wasnt making a dime with her production company.

Just because she's known doesn't mean she would open her finances for them to examine. I sure wouldn't let any charity look at my finances.

So, expound on that. How exactly would they know how much she's worth, and how much she is or isn't making with her production company.

Really, I'm interested in how you learned that information.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
                              Member #164725
                              March 12, 2015
                              1041 Posts
                              Posted: February 1, 2016, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Just because she's known doesn't mean she would open her finances for them to examine. I sure wouldn't let any charity look at my finances.

So, expound on that. How exactly would they know how much she's worth, and how much she is or isn't making with her production company.

Really, I'm interested in how you learned that information.

She has open her finances to everyone bc she is always talking about them, giving interviews.  They would know how much she won. This is Hwd. Production companies are a dime a dozen and few make money -- especially the smaller ones run by amateurs. She had no connections, no relationships with anyone, no investors, no experience, and no money to throw away at the rate she was throwing it away. Any one can look at imdb and other trade magazines and see what if anything a production company is developing.

Page 3 of 10