Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball at $112 million. Do you like Cynthia Stafford's chances...?

Topic closed. 140 replies. Last post 8 months ago by lejardin.

Page 8 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think Cynthia Stafford will win again?

Yes. [ 8 ]  [12.70%]
No. [ 51 ]  [80.95%]
Undecided. [ 4 ]  [6.35%]
Total Valid Votes [ 63 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
NYC
United States
Member #161115
November 17, 2014
126 Posts
Posted: April 3, 2016, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Actually someone bought one of her Bentley's. The sedan model. They posted a video on youtube not too long ago.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5762 Posts
    Posted: April 3, 2016, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

I must be one greedy bastage , but I crack up when people wish others good luck to win a lottery.   I wish no one good luck, but me.   Maybe others think that by wishing good luck will give themselves Karma.  I don't think so.   You winning does nothing for me.   I still have to get up at 2:30am to go to my stupid job.  (I inserted stupid in place of other words I would have rather used - but Todd probably would not have appreciated any of them.)

There are a few people at work who I wouldn't mind winning if I didn't win.

And there are a couple that I would mind. LOL.

But....anyone who buys a tic, deserves a chance.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

The Windy City
      United States
      Member #171690
      January 10, 2016
      62 Posts
      Posted: April 3, 2016, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

There are a few people at work who I wouldn't mind winning if I didn't win.

And there are a couple that I would mind. LOL.

But....anyone who buys a tic, deserves a chance.

I hear ya.  I like my manager, so Townshend's line of   "Meet the new boss... Same as the old boss"  probably won't pan out for me.   So I hope he doesn't win.

I agree that everyone else who plays deserves a chance to win.   I'm just not rooting for any of 'em.

- Wanna win at least a couple commas

United States
        Member #173009
        February 12, 2016
        9 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2016, 11:15 am - IP Logged

here is the bentley. it's on a 1999 (with 20mil, you'd figure a new model at least). she really did dump all the money into the ex-husband and movie company.geez, the house wasn't even paid for either. really sad but another lottery winner and her money are departed.

United States
          Member #170707
          December 13, 2015
          185 Posts
          Posted: April 5, 2016, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

I just watched the special. Yep she (Cynthia Stafford) filed for bankruptcy. That happens when you appear on all the television shows you can imagine telling everyone about your win over and over again.

The guy who claimed he won the lottery 7 times -did NOT . he won seven prizes (and some were partial prizes) . not that he won the lottery seven times. AND it has been YEARS or DECADES since he's won anything because then he would have been boasting about it already! In fact, he's NEVER won Florida Lottery not even once, Powerball -0 and Mega Millions 0 as well

Dumb and Dumber yet. Whatever.

They mentioned the famous Joan Gynther- she did not co-operate for the show, but the show found her high-school yearbook photo and published it. Very Very wrong ABC News!!!

boston,ma
            United States
            Member #150102
            December 15, 2013
            112 Posts
            Posted: April 5, 2016, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

How embarrassed can she possibly be when she went on 20/20 to tell the entire world that she has two Bentleys but filed for bankruptcy. That's the opposite of embarrassed. Maybe (big maybe) the local news would have found out about the bankruptcy eventually and done a piece on it, but I'm betting that very few people outside of her community and outside the lottery world know or care who she is and that she filed for bankruptcy. If there isn't a death or drug use involved, a lottery winner filing for bankruptcy is hardly going to make national news any more. And yet, Cynthia being Cynthia had to make sure the nation knew. Her unabashed quest for continuous fame, her need to be in the spotlight supersedes any embarrassment she might have felt.

I didn't hear her address the bankruptcy on the show. The show did a piece on her and basically talked about her life, but there was no mention of the bankruptcy until after and it appeared to be thrown in after the piece with Cynthia was already done. I do feel she's embarrased by this, I don't know how she couldn't be after all the talking she's done and basically bragging that she wouldn't go broke like others have.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
              Member #118609
              November 4, 2011
              1072 Posts
              Posted: April 5, 2016, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

here is the bentley. it's on a 1999 (with 20mil, you'd figure a new model at least). she really did dump all the money into the ex-husband and movie company.geez, the house wasn't even paid for either. really sad but another lottery winner and her money are departed.

I too, would not buy a brand new Bentley, there are so many very nice, low mileage Bentley's for sale.  As much as I would love a Bentley, after thinking it over I seriously doubt I would buy one after all.  It would depend on the amount of lottery won?

So, she is divorced?  I think we all knew he was a user, especially when he wanted a Bugatti, as a wedding "gift".  He wanted that car and tried to stop her from buying expensive jewelry.  $200,000 spent on overpriced designer purses, a total waste IMO.  Wants vs. needs was way out of balance. 

With a large win as she had, why would ANYONE have a mortgage?  That I just cant understand. 

I would love the chance to do better.

United States
                Member #145267
                August 1, 2013
                1730 Posts
                Posted: April 5, 2016, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Yes, pay off your house and set aside money to pay property taxes, estimate higher property taxes, ( for me, 41 years of property taxes ).  Also, set aside household living cost for the house.  (gas and electric, water, trash and upkeep cost ).  that would be the first thing to do.  She is going to lose the house because of upkeep and the property taxes, which is due every year.

United States
                  Member #170707
                  December 13, 2015
                  185 Posts
                  Posted: April 5, 2016, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

Here's what I don't understand.What?

Why do these winners appear on all these television shows, talk shows and specials?

They even mentioned the recent Tennessee Powerball winners in the 20/20 special.

I remember seeing Cynthia Stafford on the Red Carpet with Joan Rivers? Excuse me? Why?

I remember Cynthia Stafford making million dollar donation to Geffen Playhouse? Excuse me? Why?

A couple of years ago when the jackpot was really high, ABC News contacted her then for her "advice" for other players and showed her buying tickets for that jackpot which she did NOT win.

Looks like this special was filmed in December 2015 from what I could figure.

They couldn't find any info on Joan Gynther and asked everyone in her former home town. And looks like someone had a old yearbook photo of her and gave it to ABC News. WTF???

The moral of the story here is . If you're dead broke and win the lottery. Don't go around acting like you're some big-time celebrity. Because you're not. Be grateful that you won instead.

United States
                    Member #145267
                    August 1, 2013
                    1730 Posts
                    Posted: April 5, 2016, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

I think she wanted to be apart of LA's elite, movie mogul, but the top problem would be a lack of knowledge about money.

United States
                      Member #118609
                      November 4, 2011
                      1072 Posts
                      Posted: April 5, 2016, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

I think she wanted to be apart of LA's elite, movie mogul, but the top problem would be a lack of knowledge about money.

I agree with you both, Bigbear and Jacintasc. 

It looked like her whole goal was getting her brothers kids, then all of a sudden she was "movie royalty"??????  Huh?  Where did that come from?  How many salaries did she pay for for the "hangers on" that just fed her ego?  Donating a million to David Geffen, who is one of the richest producers in Hollyweird, has several research and educational companies named after him, was part of Dreamworks, why did Cynthia feel compelled to donate?  Bigbear, I think you are right, she wanted to be a part of "the elite" and she could have been if she didnt spend on stupid things and get stuck in that sham marriage.  Wonder how much $$$ he used up?  Another really sad story.

The Windy City
                        United States
                        Member #171690
                        January 10, 2016
                        62 Posts
                        Posted: April 5, 2016, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

- Wanna win at least a couple commas

LA Ca.
                          United States
                          Member #172750
                          February 3, 2016
                          89 Posts
                          Posted: April 6, 2016, 2:03 am - IP Logged

I too, would not buy a brand new Bentley, there are so many very nice, low mileage Bentley's for sale.  As much as I would love a Bentley, after thinking it over I seriously doubt I would buy one after all.  It would depend on the amount of lottery won?

So, she is divorced?  I think we all knew he was a user, especially when he wanted a Bugatti, as a wedding "gift".  He wanted that car and tried to stop her from buying expensive jewelry.  $200,000 spent on overpriced designer purses, a total waste IMO.  Wants vs. needs was way out of balance. 

With a large win as she had, why would ANYONE have a mortgage?  That I just cant understand. 

I would love the chance to do better.

Because her role model was Dave Edwards?

United States
                            Member #170707
                            December 13, 2015
                            185 Posts
                            Posted: April 6, 2016, 6:21 am - IP Logged

Smile

This is the perfect and most simple explanation for everything. Thank you. Made my day

United States
                              Member #118609
                              November 4, 2011
                              1072 Posts
                              Posted: April 6, 2016, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Because her role model was Dave Edwards?

Lol .......although his was a tragic story that ended with his death and penniless at that.  I know I have mentioned this more than once but had DLE heeded his investors advice, he could have left the bulk of his winnings in the investments that were set up and could be living on $87,000 a month.  Who could not have lived on that and never touch the principle?   

Page 8 of 10