Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cynthia Stafford's Home In Foreclosure and Bentley For Sale

Topic closed. 142 replies. Last post 4 months ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #77815
August 1, 2009
3460 Posts
Posted: May 23, 2016, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Who's surprised? Her con artist personal trainer, ex-husband wanted a Bugatti as a wedding gift. They were looking at private planes. Also, trying to buy her way into Hollywood. Yet you are making mortgage payments? Let this be a cautionary tale.

Guess Who's Back?

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23275 Posts
    Posted: May 23, 2016, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

Many people will have no idea who you're talking about.  (I'm not saying I agree or disagree with you, BTW.)

2007 win: https://www.lotterypost.com/news/156261

2010 story: https://www.lotterypost.com/news/211684

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: May 23, 2016, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Who's surprised? Her con artist personal trainer, ex-husband wanted a Bugatti as a wedding gift. They were looking at private planes. Also, trying to buy her way into Hollywood. Yet you are making mortgage payments? Let this be a cautionary tale.

I agree with Todd, but your post triggered an ad from a Bugatti dealer in Miami so everyone will at least know the car.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
        Member #164727
        March 12, 2015
        2536 Posts
        Posted: May 23, 2016, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

Don't know about anyone else, but I would immediately put a hefty amount of money that's untouchable into a secure account which would only be known by me. That account would be enough to retire comfortably even If I blew every cent of the "play" money.

It drives me crazy when I read stories like this because these scenarios are so unnecessary. I have no trouble saying NO to the vultures. 

Crazy

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
          Green Bay
          United States
          Member #169391
          October 15, 2015
          1248 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2016, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

How can someone who wins over 100 million still have mortgage payments?

Never give up.  Banana

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
            USA
            United States
            Member #152799
            February 25, 2014
            1094 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2016, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

She didn't receive over $100 million as $112 million was simply the annuity value. The cash value was $67 million and that was before taxes. She split the money with her father and brother so what was left was only a fraction of the annuity prize.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
              Member #118609
              November 4, 2011
              939 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2016, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

THAT is my question, how but more importantly why?   For me there would be no mortgage, property taxes would be paid years in advance AND NO HOA MONTHLY FEES, what a total waste of money that is.  You can provide your own gated and secured property.

My question is what happened to the user husband?  Is he gone along with that million dollar bugatti?  Nice wedding gift he got and I am not speaking of Cynthia, he saw her as his meal ticket and used her.

South Carolina
                United States
                Member #18322
                July 9, 2005
                1707 Posts
                Posted: May 23, 2016, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

No one in their right mind makes mortgage payments on a million dollar home !!! If you can't afford to pay cash for a million dollar home, you don't buy the home !!! Duh !!! Bash   Confused

The only large payment she should have had on a million dollar cash home, was property insurance, property taxes, and normal monthly living expenses associated with the home. 

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49813 Posts
                  Posted: May 23, 2016, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

You know this how?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3426828/You-just-visualize-Woman-won-112-million-lottery-reveals-tips-snagging-winning-numbers-admits-plays-WEEK.html

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                    Member #118609
                    November 4, 2011
                    939 Posts
                    Posted: May 23, 2016, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Win$500quick is correct.

On the show "The Lottery Changed My Life" she was profiled, her "fiance" wanted a Bugatti for "his" wedding gift.  She test drove a Rolls Royce as well and stated "that is my car, I am getting that car".  They went looking at jets although they did not buy one.

South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #18322
                      July 9, 2005
                      1707 Posts
                      Posted: May 23, 2016, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

Win$500quick is correct.

On the show "The Lottery Changed My Life" she was profiled, her "fiance" wanted a Bugatti for "his" wedding gift.  She test drove a Rolls Royce as well and stated "that is my car, I am getting that car".  They went looking at jets although they did not buy one.

Bugatti, Rolls Royce and Private Jets ...

DUH !!!  Hit With Stick  Confused  Unhappy Dumb !!!

STUPID !!!       Agree with stupid    I'm with STUPID, and I shouldn't be Smiling !!!  Angry

South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #18322
                        July 9, 2005
                        1707 Posts
                        Posted: May 23, 2016, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

No one in their right mind makes mortgage payments on a million dollar home !!! If you can't afford to pay cash for a million dollar home, you don't buy the home !!! Duh !!! Bash   Confused

The only large payment she should have had on a million dollar cash home, was property insurance, property taxes, and normal monthly living expenses associated with the home. 

Even though most Celebrities are wealthy to some certain extent, it always BAFFLES Me why a Celebrity would choose to pay $20,000 / month to rent a home somewhere for an extended period of time, when they could just as easily pay Cash and purchase the home, or find some other less expensive luxury option

It's hard to empathize with bankrupt Celebrities like Kanye West  - 54 Million Dollars in debt, having to ask for a Handout !!!  Seriously !!!  Dead  Shear Stupidity !!

Raven62's avatar - binary
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #17843
                          June 28, 2005
                          49813 Posts
                          Posted: May 23, 2016, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Win$500quick is correct.

There's no News like Old News...

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                            Member #142499
                            May 13, 2013
                            1186 Posts
                            Posted: May 23, 2016, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Well, we already knew the house was going into foreclosure and that she filed for bankruptcy. We also knew that the private jet shopping trip was for the show and she never bought one. I doubt she ever bought the Bugatti. 

I know a lot of people thought it was stupid for her to spend what she did on the handbags, art and charities. I still disagree with that premise because even if you add up all the frivolous spending, it wouldn't have brought her to bankruptcy. Not even close. 

What I really want to know is:

where is the fiance/husband? Is he the real reason she's broke?

why didn't she start downsizing once she started running out of money? I still cannot comprehend having two Bentleys in the driveway of a house she's stopped making payments on because she's broke!

Is there at least a trust fund for the kids to cover their education and care?

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                              Member #142499
                              May 13, 2013
                              1186 Posts
                              Posted: May 23, 2016, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Even though most Celebrities are wealthy to some certain extent, it always BAFFLES Me why a Celebrity would choose to pay $20,000 / month to rent a home somewhere for an extended period of time, when they could just as easily pay Cash and purchase the home, or find some other less expensive luxury option

It's hard to empathize with bankrupt Celebrities like Kanye West  - 54 Million Dollars in debt, having to ask for a Handout !!!  Seriously !!!  Dead  Shear Stupidity !!

Considering all the traveling celebrities must do for filming and product marketing, it would make almost no sense to buy a property they don't want. They want comfort, peace and security while there and will pay for accommodations that meet their requirements. Then they leave. I see no difference between that someone chartering a jet for $20k as opposed to either buying a $20 million jet or traveling commercial. Why deal with the headaches of commercial travel when you don't have to, but why blow millions on a jet you don't need or want permanently. 

As for Kanye, so far all I've seen is that he posted about being in debt. Until a celebrity actually files for bankruptcy protection, I'm not going to buy into them being broke. I remember Michael Jackson saying he was broke, yet when he died he left a multi-million dollar estate. Regular people broke and celebrity broke aren't necessarily the same thing.

As Chris Rock said, Bill Gates would probably kill himself if he woke up with Oprah Winfrey's money. Different degrees of wealth; different degrees of broke.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Page 1 of 10