Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cynthia Stafford's Home In Foreclosure and Bentley For Sale

Topic closed. 142 replies. Last post 4 months ago by helpmewin.

Page 2 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
Member #52345
May 21, 2007
2657 Posts
Posted: May 23, 2016, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

such is life and serves her right

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
    Green Bay
    United States
    Member #169391
    October 15, 2015
    1238 Posts
    Posted: May 23, 2016, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

Considering all the traveling celebrities must do for filming and product marketing, it would make almost no sense to buy a property they don't want. They want comfort, peace and security while there and will pay for accommodations that meet their requirements. Then they leave. I see no difference between that someone chartering a jet for $20k as opposed to either buying a $20 million jet or traveling commercial. Why deal with the headaches of commercial travel when you don't have to, but why blow millions on a jet you don't need or want permanently. 

As for Kanye, so far all I've seen is that he posted about being in debt. Until a celebrity actually files for bankruptcy protection, I'm not going to buy into them being broke. I remember Michael Jackson saying he was broke, yet when he died he left a multi-million dollar estate. Regular people broke and celebrity broke aren't necessarily the same thing.

As Chris Rock said, Bill Gates would probably kill himself if he woke up with Oprah Winfrey's money. Different degrees of wealth; different degrees of broke.

Like that Chris Rock quote...However, I don't think Oprah's money would bother him.  Now, if he woke up looking like Oprah...

Never give up.  Banana

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
      USA
      United States
      Member #152799
      February 25, 2014
      1090 Posts
      Posted: May 23, 2016, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

THAT is my question, how but more importantly why?   For me there would be no mortgage, property taxes would be paid years in advance AND NO HOA MONTHLY FEES, what a total waste of money that is.  You can provide your own gated and secured property.

My question is what happened to the user husband?  Is he gone along with that million dollar bugatti?  Nice wedding gift he got and I am not speaking of Cynthia, he saw her as his meal ticket and used her.

I agree that anyone who has the kind of wealth that Cynthia Stafford had should not have had a mortgage. From what I remember her home was $2.9million. I would not advocate paying property taxes years in advance but instead opening up a separate trust account that would fulfill the yearly obligation.

HOA monthly dues can get pricey especially if the neighborhood offer high end perks such as security, clubhouse, pools/tennis courts/playgrounds and so forth. You do sign away certain rights when joining an HOA and that can be interpreted in both a negative or positive light. Having your own compound with a large amount of land can be real nice and private but some people would prefer the amenities of a nice, well kept community so that they don't totally isolate themselves from civilization.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
        Member #118609
        November 4, 2011
        931 Posts
        Posted: May 23, 2016, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

There's no News like Old News...

Hmmmm old news? Like the story you posted?

Published: 16:26 EST, 1 February 2016 | Updated: 04:27 EST, 2 February 2016

And old news you never heard about?

United States
          Member #118609
          November 4, 2011
          931 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2016, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

Drenick1, trust account for the property taxes is an excellent idea.  And you are correct, not every one wants to be a hermit such as myself!  THIS civilization is specifically what I want to be isolated from. 

I'll just get my Lurkingand watch the world pass me by. Cheers

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5588 Posts
            Posted: May 24, 2016, 8:15 am - IP Logged

Drenick1, trust account for the property taxes is an excellent idea.  And you are correct, not every one wants to be a hermit such as myself!  THIS civilization is specifically what I want to be isolated from. 

I'll just get my Lurkingand watch the world pass me by. Cheers

That's my plan, I just have to get my wife on board with it. LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
              Member #63434
              July 28, 2008
              5 Posts
              Posted: May 24, 2016, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Where did you read this info about her home is in foreclosure and her Bentley ' s for sale ?

United States
                Member #118609
                November 4, 2011
                931 Posts
                Posted: May 24, 2016, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

That's my plan, I just have to get my wife on board with it. LOL.

Good Luck with that RCB!  There aren't a lot that think like us lol.

United States
                  Member #149820
                  December 9, 2013
                  643 Posts
                  Posted: May 24, 2016, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

I agree that anyone who has the kind of wealth that Cynthia Stafford had should not have had a mortgage. From what I remember her home was $2.9million. I would not advocate paying property taxes years in advance but instead opening up a separate trust account that would fulfill the yearly obligation.

HOA monthly dues can get pricey especially if the neighborhood offer high end perks such as security, clubhouse, pools/tennis courts/playgrounds and so forth. You do sign away certain rights when joining an HOA and that can be interpreted in both a negative or positive light. Having your own compound with a large amount of land can be real nice and private but some people would prefer the amenities of a nice, well kept community so that they don't totally isolate themselves from civilization.

Yeah she was living in the Pacific Palace design from what I remember I'm sure there were some super hefty taxes and H.O.A she with that as well...If I only had 22 million I doubt I'd buy a house in a pricey property tax area for 2.9 million. 

United States
                    Member #170707
                    December 13, 2015
                    185 Posts
                    Posted: May 24, 2016, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

Whoever posted this thread is way behind the times. ABC News posted in January 2016 she filed for bankruptcy. Her Bentley is not for sale. It was already sold months ago. Check youtube where the NEW owner is showing it off.

LA Ca.
                      United States
                      Member #172750
                      February 3, 2016
                      88 Posts
                      Posted: May 25, 2016, 12:12 am - IP Logged

I work in aviation. When the show about her first aired & we saw her "shopping for a jet" she was looking at stuff that was well out of her price range. She would have been broke that week.

United States
                        Member #106134
                        February 13, 2011
                        806 Posts
                        Posted: May 25, 2016, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Yeah, $67 million before taxes is NOT that much!

Jets and Bentleys are expensive toys for BILLIONAIRES not millionaires.

Realistically, if you only have around $50 million after taxes to work with, a $75,000 car and a $750,000 home is more within your means.  You can get NICE things at those price points too.  Spend much more than that and you'll end up like Cynthia.

I don't know why lottery winners think they can not just keep up with the Jones's, but keep up with Justin Bieber, Arab oil sheiks, and Russian oligarchs.

Canada
                          Member #174267
                          April 11, 2016
                          12 Posts
                          Posted: May 25, 2016, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

I always thought Cynthia's story was so interesting.

Now the thing is... if she bought the ticket, why did she give a chunk to her brother and her dad?

Why didnt she just give them $1million each?  wouldnt that have been enough?

and in interviews inititally she said she had a good financial advisor, and in later ones blames her missing $$$ on bad investments.

I wonder what she really did with all the $$$.

In reality she is SO LUCKY to have hit the jack pot.   I loved her segment on 20/20 in Jan as part of the Powerball Hangover special

NYC
                            United States
                            Member #161115
                            November 17, 2014
                            126 Posts
                            Posted: May 25, 2016, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

I always thought Cynthia's story was so interesting.

Now the thing is... if she bought the ticket, why did she give a chunk to her brother and her dad?

Why didnt she just give them $1million each?  wouldnt that have been enough?

and in interviews inititally she said she had a good financial advisor, and in later ones blames her missing $$$ on bad investments.

I wonder what she really did with all the $$$.

In reality she is SO LUCKY to have hit the jack pot.   I loved her segment on 20/20 in Jan as part of the Powerball Hangover special

She said she always like to help others. Splinting the money with her family then donating a million to Geffen house. Along with bad investments in the stock market, people stealing from her, expensive purchases..... it's no surprise she having money trouble now.

United States
                              Member #149820
                              December 9, 2013
                              643 Posts
                              Posted: May 25, 2016, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

She probably would have STILL blew the cash if she only gave them a million each.  Speaking of I wonder if the dad and brother still have money too or are they broke as her now too...Lol she had a purse that was 37k...insane 

Page 2 of 10