Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cynthia Stafford's Home In Foreclosure and Bentley For Sale

Topic closed. 142 replies. Last post 4 months ago by helpmewin.

Page 3 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
USA
United States
Member #152799
February 25, 2014
1094 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2016, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

She probably would have STILL blew the cash if she only gave them a million each.  Speaking of I wonder if the dad and brother still have money too or are they broke as her now too...Lol she had a purse that was 37k...insane 

3k for a purse? plenty of nice purses for less than 1% of that price. A $300 purse along with a $36k vehicle that was paid in full would have been my choice.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: May 26, 2016, 9:08 am - IP Logged

3k for a purse? plenty of nice purses for less than 1% of that price. A $300 purse along with a $36k vehicle that was paid in full would have been my choice.

I think that says $37,000White Bounce

If she got 22M cash she may have had 13M after taxes.  I'd buy a Bentley with that, you can get one for less than half a million.  Except that I don't like Bentley's.  I'd go with a 100K Land Rover plus a $150k Mercedes.  But a 3M house in a high tax area?  Nope.  Here in Boise the state published what they spent to keep up a mansion they owned and it was as high as $150K per year, and they didn't even have to pay property taxes.  Add another few hundred thousand for the property taxes plus she was making mortgage payments, all your investment income would be going into your home!

I hadn't heard her financial people were stealing from her.  That's a whole different thing than just blowing it.  I feel bad for her.  But she still spent too much on a house.  Big Grin

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #77815
      August 1, 2009
      3460 Posts
      Posted: May 26, 2016, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

Where did you read this info about her home is in foreclosure and her Bentley ' s for sale ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MihJjqlrknM

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/739-Patterson-Pl-Pacific-Palisades-CA-90272/20540907_zpid/

Guess Who's Back?

United States
        Member #170707
        December 13, 2015
        185 Posts
        Posted: May 26, 2016, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

ridiculous price for this old home with no style

USA
          United States
          Member #152799
          February 25, 2014
          1094 Posts
          Posted: May 26, 2016, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

I think that says $37,000White Bounce

If she got 22M cash she may have had 13M after taxes.  I'd buy a Bentley with that, you can get one for less than half a million.  Except that I don't like Bentley's.  I'd go with a 100K Land Rover plus a $150k Mercedes.  But a 3M house in a high tax area?  Nope.  Here in Boise the state published what they spent to keep up a mansion they owned and it was as high as $150K per year, and they didn't even have to pay property taxes.  Add another few hundred thousand for the property taxes plus she was making mortgage payments, all your investment income would be going into your home!

I hadn't heard her financial people were stealing from her.  That's a whole different thing than just blowing it.  I feel bad for her.  But she still spent too much on a house.  Big Grin

Lol, I meant to write 37k.

I have seen new Bentleys in the 180-190k range while some used 3-4 year old models asking in the low 100k. $150k per year to maintain a mansion without including property taxes sounds awfully high. Cynthia Stafford's yearly property tax ranged from 28k-38k during the time she had her home. Property taxes vary by states, a $3 million home in Texas may have a $60k annual tax bill while one in NC is less than $15K.

I never heard of financial people stealing from her either and her bad investments were her own production/film companies.

United States
            Member #170707
            December 13, 2015
            185 Posts
            Posted: May 26, 2016, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Lesson of the day.

Don't try to Keep up with the Kardashians or the Joneses 

Same thing kinda happened to former rapper MC Hammer

Spent 12 million on a gold-plated mansion. Ran out of money quick.

United States
              Member #145267
              August 1, 2013
              1534 Posts
              Posted: May 26, 2016, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

I think that was bow wow's dad that had the gold plated mansion.  HC Hammer had a spending problem and to many people getting money from MC Hammer.  But I do get what you are saying.

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
                NYC
                United States
                Member #117984
                October 19, 2011
                1843 Posts
                Posted: May 26, 2016, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

She should've read rich dad poor dad and this wouldn't have happened. 

Learn to be an intelligent investor. It sucks that people who win go broke. I would never go broke.

United States
                  Member #170707
                  December 13, 2015
                  185 Posts
                  Posted: May 26, 2016, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

She should've read rich dad poor dad and this wouldn't have happened. 

Learn to be an intelligent investor. It sucks that people who win go broke. I would never go broke.

In the ABC 20/20 special, that's exactly what she (Cynthia Stafford) said. That she won't be a lottery winner that went broke.

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
                    NYC
                    United States
                    Member #117984
                    October 19, 2011
                    1843 Posts
                    Posted: May 26, 2016, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

In the ABC 20/20 special, that's exactly what she (Cynthia Stafford) said. That she won't be a lottery winner that went broke.

I have a coach who's teaching me about financial literacy. I'm a master at delayed gratification. I'm not a typical person.

USA
                      United States
                      Member #152799
                      February 25, 2014
                      1094 Posts
                      Posted: May 26, 2016, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

"won't be a lottery winner that went broke"

Popular phrase as it's mentioned often.

Canada
                        Member #174267
                        April 11, 2016
                        12 Posts
                        Posted: May 26, 2016, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Hermes Birkin bags can sell for almost $200,000 if you go for the tricked out ones with diamonds and exotic skins.

So its my guess she spent the 37k on a Birkin??

The problem with Cynthia was that she was spending like a billionaire with a millionaire budget.

But she seems like a very sweet person I have to say.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                          Member #52345
                          May 21, 2007
                          2659 Posts
                          Posted: May 27, 2016, 6:15 am - IP Logged

Hermes Birkin bags can sell for almost $200,000 if you go for the tricked out ones with diamonds and exotic skins.

So its my guess she spent the 37k on a Birkin??

The problem with Cynthia was that she was spending like a billionaire with a millionaire budget.

But she seems like a very sweet person I have to say.

United States
                            Member #170707
                            December 13, 2015
                            185 Posts
                            Posted: May 27, 2016, 7:47 am - IP Logged

Here's what I find "Fascinating" about Cynthia. 

She was constantly on TV, accepting every offer for an interview. Giving advice how to "visualize" your win. Ok, but did she forget to visualize not to spend with reckless abandonCrazy

She is definitely living in "la-la" land.

When she did the 20/20 interview she must have known she was in trouble, but was giving a false pretence of being a high-roller. 

Also, AFTER she filed for bankruptcy, Marie Claire magazine contacted her for an interview, which she accepted. Once again she makes no mention of her bankruptcy and makes everything seem so "rosy" in her interview with Marie Claire magazine.Crazy

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                              Member #52345
                              May 21, 2007
                              2659 Posts
                              Posted: May 27, 2016, 7:55 am - IP Logged

Here's what I find "Fascinating" about Cynthia. 

She was constantly on TV, accepting every offer for an interview. Giving advice how to "visualize" your win. Ok, but did she forget to visualize not to spend with reckless abandonCrazy

She is definitely living in "la-la" land.

When she did the 20/20 interview she must have known she was in trouble, but was giving a false pretence of being a high-roller. 

Also, AFTER she filed for bankruptcy, Marie Claire magazine contacted her for an interview, which she accepted. Once again she makes no mention of her bankruptcy and makes everything seem so "rosy" in her interview with Marie Claire magazine.Crazy

$5 sez shes the other person with an albeit minor drinking/drug issue long b4 she won the PB

Page 3 of 10