Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cynthia Stafford's Home In Foreclosure and Bentley For Sale

Topic closed. 142 replies. Last post 4 months ago by helpmewin.

Page 5 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
USA
United States
Member #152799
February 25, 2014
1092 Posts
Posted: May 28, 2016, 5:59 pm - IP Logged
  • It looks like the home for one of those "the bachelor" shows.

I agree! It very well could be as the setting seems to be fairly private.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
    Member #142499
    May 13, 2013
    1183 Posts
    Posted: May 29, 2016, 11:15 am - IP Logged

I always thought Cynthia's story was so interesting.

Now the thing is... if she bought the ticket, why did she give a chunk to her brother and her dad?

Why didnt she just give them $1million each?  wouldnt that have been enough?

and in interviews inititally she said she had a good financial advisor, and in later ones blames her missing $$$ on bad investments.

I wonder what she really did with all the $$$.

In reality she is SO LUCKY to have hit the jack pot.   I loved her segment on 20/20 in Jan as part of the Powerball Hangover special

She split the JP with her brother and father because pretty much every penny she had at that time came from them. She was broke, about to lose her home and also about to lose the kids. They were providing her with a lot of financial and emotional support. It seems only fitting that she would give them a share since I'm pretty sure they were the reason she had money to even buy lottery tickets in the first place. 

She also has a sister, who she never gave a penny to, so she isn't completely hair-brained. And as for the story the sister was spreading at the time, the father and brother gave her nothing from the winnings either. 

Cynthia did make a point of bestowing financial advice initially. One of the things she said was she had a good financial advisor. She also said that it is a must to have someone as a buffer between your money and those who will hound you for donations and investments. I have to believe the "poor investments" that did her in were the result of her relationship with the trainer/fiance gold-digger.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
      Member #142499
      May 13, 2013
      1183 Posts
      Posted: May 29, 2016, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

If someone takes home in excess of $20M after taxes, and chooses to spend $37k on a handbag, what of it? It's not as if shelling out a quarter mil for bags would have caused her to go broke. Nor would the Bentleys, nor the donation to Geffen which would have been a tax write off anyway. 

And I'm willing to take that $5 bet about her being on drugs. For the number of times children services did check ups on her and the kids before she adopted them, had drugs been in the picture, we'd have heard something.

One of the main arguments she had with the social workers was their insistence that 2 of the children stay on prescription meds for their supposed social disorders and Cynthia saying they were unnecessarily doping them. She told them that the problems had stemmed from the death of their father and after taking them in, the problems had stopped. They still insisted. But her sister ratted her out, called social services to tell them Cynthia had stopped giving the kids the prescriptions. Between that and her going broke is what started the proceedings to have them removed from her. This isn't someone who is pro-drugs, even legal drugs. 

I think this obsession over handbags she could afford to buy, and jets she went to look at but never bought are red herrings everyone seems to have fallen for.

It's like saying Jack Whittaker went broke because he had $500,000 stolen from his truck. Or that DLE died broke because he bought 200 Samurai swords. We know those aren't the reasons Jack and David lost their wealth, but for some reason, all the posts seem to be alluding to Cynthia being broke because of handbags and Bentleys and a house she never even bought outright. I think not 

I'll put that $5 bet on the REAL money problems stemming from QNP and the boyfriend. He started his own business while he was with her plus he had been helping her run QNP. His resume at the time had claimed a degree and experience in business management and experience in film production. How coincidental. He was hired to be her chauffeur and trainer and he just happens to have experience in the business Cynthia was desperate to break into. We have an older woman with a houseful of kids trying to do it all. How hard would it have been for a schemer to take advantage of that situation?

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
        Member #118609
        November 4, 2011
        936 Posts
        Posted: May 29, 2016, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Lol, I meant to write 37k.

I have seen new Bentleys in the 180-190k range while some used 3-4 year old models asking in the low 100k. $150k per year to maintain a mansion without including property taxes sounds awfully high. Cynthia Stafford's yearly property tax ranged from 28k-38k during the time she had her home. Property taxes vary by states, a $3 million home in Texas may have a $60k annual tax bill while one in NC is less than $15K.

I never heard of financial people stealing from her either and her bad investments were her own production/film companies.

Edit:  Count me in as one who thot purse purchases were just a waste of money but I do not believe that $200k caused her downfall but was her choice, big deal.   I think it was that fiance/husband, he had $$ in his eyes.  Does anyone know what happened to him and his bugatti? 

Never in this lifetime would I ever buy a handbag $37k, I wont even buy one for $300, I think it is the most ridiculous ever.  I remember Bruce Makowsky had some pretty nice super buttery soft leather that first came out for $179, 6 months later that purse was going for $300, NO WAY.  NOW BM IS NO hermes or prada but I liked it for the leather and would never pay for some designers name, EVEN AS A LOTTERY WINNER.  I am to practical a person to do that.

Now a Bentley Continental Speed sedan is another story, lol.  I have seen brand new 2016 for under $200k and while it would be tempting, i am 50/50 on whether I count ld justify the purchase.  If I did give in, it would be a weak moment and a used vehicle a year or two old and the price range of$150k max.  It would have to be my white on white and I dont really think Bentleys come in stripped down models but I could be wrong.  On the second thought $150k is in all practical purposes, a HOUSE.

HOLY COW, taxes on her home were ridiculous, that was in a tract development.  No land to speak of and neighbors you could reach out and almost touch.   I would have expected some property, a long circular driveway, privacy and security fence, that house did not look like a $2.9 million or whatever property.  Either way, sad she lost her home.

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          40515 Posts
          Posted: May 29, 2016, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

There's no News like Old News...

So true.Green laugh

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7314 Posts
            Posted: May 30, 2016, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

There's no News like Old News...

Yep, and we can have two jackpot envy threads where LP members will criticise former jackpot winners and tell us how they will wisely invest jackpot money they never won.

United States
              Member #170707
              December 13, 2015
              185 Posts
              Posted: May 30, 2016, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

I've seen this commentary here on LP several times which I truly don't understand.

I for one do not have "Jackpot Envy". 

This is a website for discussions about all aspects of the lottery.

The highs and the lows and everything in between.

And that is exactly what we're doing.

Hopefully the commentaries here will HELP others from falling into these pitfalls that occur way too often.

Have a great day everyone.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                USA
                United States
                Member #152799
                February 25, 2014
                1092 Posts
                Posted: May 30, 2016, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

I've seen this commentary here on LP several times which I truly don't understand.

Hopefully the commentaries here will HELP others from falling into these pitfalls that occur way too often.

I agree with you. People like Stack47 enjoy chastising others who may have an opinion that doesn't align with his. This helps elevate what little status he may have in his own little world.

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #77815
                  August 1, 2009
                  3460 Posts
                  Posted: May 31, 2016, 11:25 am - IP Logged

Just leave this right here.

Guess Who's Back?

golfer1960's avatar - Lottery-003.jpg
                    Eatontown, NJ
                    United States
                    Member #119670
                    November 29, 2011
                    740 Posts
                    Posted: May 31, 2016, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

I agree, I don't get why on Earth people with that kind of money stay in LA when places like this are 45 minutes from Downtown:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6914-Solano-Verde-Dr-Somis-CA-93066/2141756033_zpid/?view=public

Rexer, that is a nice house but it's HUGH!!! And expensive. I would be be scared of a house that big.

golfer1960's avatar - Lottery-003.jpg
                      Eatontown, NJ
                      United States
                      Member #119670
                      November 29, 2011
                      740 Posts
                      Posted: May 31, 2016, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Welcome too the winner's circle of "big" jackpot money. Cynthia you did it "YOUR WAY" remember the sun will come out "TOMORROW" cause you gave others "YOUR ALL" $$$$$$$$$$

COGRAT'S Cynthia 2016

DancePartyDance

psykomo, i tend to agree with you. After reading so many stories of Big Jackpot Money Winners who go broke, I have become numb to it. Maybe they did it "their way" and spent every dime and had a good time. Everyone has a different dream when they buy lottery tickets of what they'd do with the money.

Spend it, donate it, gift it, invest it, lose it, party it away, Whatever....

cynthia stafford

The Winner and her trainer boyfriend.

United States
                        Member #145267
                        August 1, 2013
                        1532 Posts
                        Posted: May 31, 2016, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

I disagree, I don't think she did it her way to become broke.  She would have done better if she had some real knowledge of money and how to make it last.  Also,  her ego got in the way as far as starting a movie company in LA and just trying to hang with people that are making millions year after year.

South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #18322
                          July 9, 2005
                          1704 Posts
                          Posted: May 31, 2016, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

If someone takes home in excess of $20M after taxes, and chooses to spend $37k on a handbag, what of it? It's not as if shelling out a quarter mil for bags would have caused her to go broke. Nor would the Bentleys, nor the donation to Geffen which would have been a tax write off anyway. 

And I'm willing to take that $5 bet about her being on drugs. For the number of times children services did check ups on her and the kids before she adopted them, had drugs been in the picture, we'd have heard something.

One of the main arguments she had with the social workers was their insistence that 2 of the children stay on prescription meds for their supposed social disorders and Cynthia saying they were unnecessarily doping them. She told them that the problems had stemmed from the death of their father and after taking them in, the problems had stopped. They still insisted. But her sister ratted her out, called social services to tell them Cynthia had stopped giving the kids the prescriptions. Between that and her going broke is what started the proceedings to have them removed from her. This isn't someone who is pro-drugs, even legal drugs. 

I think this obsession over handbags she could afford to buy, and jets she went to look at but never bought are red herrings everyone seems to have fallen for.

It's like saying Jack Whittaker went broke because he had $500,000 stolen from his truck. Or that DLE died broke because he bought 200 Samurai swords. We know those aren't the reasons Jack and David lost their wealth, but for some reason, all the posts seem to be alluding to Cynthia being broke because of handbags and Bentleys and a house she never even bought outright. I think not 

I'll put that $5 bet on the REAL money problems stemming from QNP and the boyfriend. He started his own business while he was with her plus he had been helping her run QNP. His resume at the time had claimed a degree and experience in business management and experience in film production. How coincidental. He was hired to be her chauffeur and trainer and he just happens to have experience in the business Cynthia was desperate to break into. We have an older woman with a houseful of kids trying to do it all. How hard would it have been for a schemer to take advantage of that situation?

"Cynthia being broke because of handbags and Bentleys and a house she never even bought outright."

Why didn't she buy the house outright in the first place ???  Why take out a mortgage on a million dollar  home, if she won multiple millions of dollars of lottery money to pay for a $3 million dollar home ???  I don't understand this kind of non- logic  ???  Dead

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7314 Posts
                            Posted: May 31, 2016, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

"This is a website for discussions about all aspects of the lottery."

And suffering from jackpot envy is an aspect of the lottery, but is discussing the soap, shampoo, tooth paste, or toilet paper bought with lottery winnings really a lottery related?

"Hopefully the commentaries here will HELP others from falling into these pitfalls that occur way too often.  "

If you never buy a lottery ticket, you can't blame all the pitfalls you'll face in life on the lottery. But if you decide to buy lottery tickets, IMO it makes more sense to discuss how to win a jackpot. Seriously will knowing the brand of toilet paper jackpot winners buy first help you win the lottery and then help you decide how to spend the winnings?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: May 31, 2016, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you. People like Stack47 enjoy chastising others who may have an opinion that doesn't align with his. This helps elevate what little status he may have in his own little world.

"This helps elevate what little status he may have in his own little world."

Just who is trying to elevate their imaginary status, those who come to LP to to complain about lottery jackpot winners who they never met that lose it all or those accusing them of envy because they have little else to talk about?

Does anyone really think a lottery jackpot winner cares about what LP members think about them or seek their advice?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Page 5 of 10