Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cynthia Stafford's Home In Foreclosure and Bentley For Sale

Topic closed. 142 replies. Last post 4 months ago by helpmewin.

Page 6 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19829 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2016, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

"IMO it makes more sense to discuss how to win a jackpot." 

Those who can do, most of the others complain about how they spend their winnings(not giving it to them).

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7314 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2016, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you. People like Stack47 enjoy chastising others who may have an opinion that doesn't align with his. This helps elevate what little status he may have in his own little world.

If you could actually show when and where I gave any opinion on how Cynthia Stafford is spending her own money, other LP members could decide for themselves if it aligns with anybody. But you can't because I never offered an opinion. I can however show comments by you that most people will say sounds like jackpot envy.

"You are not alone Piaceri, I too questioned her spending from the start and the production companies she opened."

Speaking of "jackpot envy", who are you to question how she spends HER MONEY

"3k for a purse? plenty of nice purses for less than 1% of that price. A $300 purse along with a $36k vehicle that was paid in full would have been my choice."

LMAO @ "been my choice". But you're not suffering from "jackpot envy". LOL

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7314 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2016, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

"IMO it makes more sense to discuss how to win a jackpot." 

Those who can do, most of the others complain about how they spend their winnings(not giving it to them).

I commented on the "there's no news like old news" remark by saying LP members will criticise former jackpot winners and tell us how they would wisely invest jackpot money they never won. I'm more vocal than most of the redundant jackpot envy discussions, but I never said they should never be discussed. And it wasn't me that pointed out Stafford won her jackpot in 2007 and there was an LP discussion in 2010 about her charitable donations.

Facts are facts whether the remarks about jackpot winnings are old news or current news and anyone can easily show many posts where LP members not only say how the jackpot winners should spend their winnings, but how when and how they should validate their winning tickets.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
        Member #118609
        November 4, 2011
        935 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2016, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

Boy this thread has gone to hades, guess having an OPINION or making comments is considered whining and complaining on how another person spends their winnings.  Last I heard this is STILL a free country and are entitled to make any comment you want.  So grow up, good grief.

This used to be a fun and good place to discuss winning, losing AND comments on winners spending their loot. 

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7314 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2016, 12:47 am - IP Logged

Boy this thread has gone to hades, guess having an OPINION or making comments is considered whining and complaining on how another person spends their winnings.  Last I heard this is STILL a free country and are entitled to make any comment you want.  So grow up, good grief.

This used to be a fun and good place to discuss winning, losing AND comments on winners spending their loot. 

"Last I heard this is STILL a free country and are entitled to make any comment you want.  So grow up, good grief."

Nobody is stopping you or anybody else from having fun making comments about how people spend their money. So don't tell me to stop having fun ragging on all the people suffering from "jackpot envy".

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5604 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2016, 8:26 am - IP Logged

LOL

Reading all this reminded me of an article I read a few days ago about Cynthia. Can't remember the site where I saw it but at the end there were comments that people wrote about her and the article, and someone wrote to check out LP, "they like to rag on her" or some words to that effect.

I didn't think too much of it until I read through this thread.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5122 Posts
              Posted: June 1, 2016, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

psykomo, i tend to agree with you. After reading so many stories of Big Jackpot Money Winners who go broke, I have become numb to it. Maybe they did it "their way" and spent every dime and had a good time. Everyone has a different dream when they buy lottery tickets of what they'd do with the money.

Spend it, donate it, gift it, invest it, lose it, party it away, Whatever....

cynthia stafford

The Winner and her trainer boyfriend.

check UR inbox:                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Thank you so much G1960 for agreeing with Psyko. It makes me feel like my LP friends really like me. Sorry BB29......about UR disagreement with me, but maby you may have Psyko's "interest" and all big jackpot winners welfare @ "heart"$$$. BB29......have no fear bout Psyko when he wins the oh so "BIG WON" jackpot prize. Yes,......will employee the "best" money managers and lawyers$$$ money can BUY$$$. Yes,.....Psyko will be "frugal" spending my "BIG WON" jackpot money.......$$$. Infact,......all my LP member friends and other friends and relatives of Psyko will receive a letter or robo call to send your $5000.00 US dollars MO to Psyko @ PO BOX 79620 Jamaica BVI......too receive UR part of the 2 BILLION $$$ dollar POWER BALL "jackpot"$$$

Mail For You DanceMail For YouDanceMail For YouDanceMail For YouDanceMail For YouDanceMail For YouDanceMail For YouDanceMail For YouDanceMail For YouDanceLovies

United States
                Member #145267
                August 1, 2013
                1530 Posts
                Posted: June 1, 2016, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Psykomo, no need to be sorry, everybody has their own opinions.  I'm not here to make friends or be apart of a click on a lottery blog.  So don't be sorry, it's your opinion.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5122 Posts
                  Posted: June 1, 2016, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Psykomo, no need to be sorry, everybody has their own opinions.  I'm not here to make friends or be apart of a click on a lottery blog.  So don't be sorry, it's your opinion.

Thank you BB29:

For UR...."help" me to feel better post. Psyko will put UR name on top of Jamaica PB jackpot prize "gift list" ......$$$ DisneyDanceLovies

Portland, OR
                    United States
                    Member #145973
                    August 20, 2013
                    226 Posts
                    Posted: June 1, 2016, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Wonder if her millionaire family members lent her a hand.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

United States
                      Member #170707
                      December 13, 2015
                      185 Posts
                      Posted: June 2, 2016, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

Wonder if her millionaire family members lent her a hand.

I wish she would do an "honest" interview.

Because even AFTER she filed for bankruptcy she did an interview with Marie Claire magazine where she doesn't mention the bankruptcy at all, and talks about "visualizing" and being able to live her dreams.Roll Eyes

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                        Member #142499
                        May 13, 2013
                        1183 Posts
                        Posted: June 4, 2016, 10:27 am - IP Logged

"Cynthia being broke because of handbags and Bentleys and a house she never even bought outright."

Why didn't she buy the house outright in the first place ???  Why take out a mortgage on a million dollar  home, if she won multiple millions of dollars of lottery money to pay for a $3 million dollar home ???  I don't understand this kind of non- logic  ???  Dead

I don't get it either. I'd never want to pay mortgage on a primary residence if I could help it, but we see this time and time again. In some ways I might get an athlete doing that. If you don't know if you'll get traded or if your team might move to a different city, maybe putting down permanent roots along with a big chunk of money upfront may seem frightening. Other than that, I don't understand the choice. In some cases, there's a tax benefit but even that wouldn't be enough to persuade me to have a mortgage if I didn't HAVE to have one.

But in any case, my point was, she never forked over the $3 million to buy the house. If I remember correctly, her mortgage payments had added up to ~$1M. Again, not enough to have caused the bankruptcy

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                          Brooklyn, NY
                          United States
                          Member #169723
                          October 29, 2015
                          878 Posts
                          Posted: June 4, 2016, 10:56 am - IP Logged

I don't get it either. I'd never want to pay mortgage on a primary residence if I could help it, but we see this time and time again. In some ways I might get an athlete doing that. If you don't know if you'll get traded or if your team might move to a different city, maybe putting down permanent roots along with a big chunk of money upfront may seem frightening. Other than that, I don't understand the choice. In some cases, there's a tax benefit but even that wouldn't be enough to persuade me to have a mortgage if I didn't HAVE to have one.

But in any case, my point was, she never forked over the $3 million to buy the house. If I remember correctly, her mortgage payments had added up to ~$1M. Again, not enough to have caused the bankruptcy

If I'm not mistaken, she mortgaged her home to use the money for her movie making venture.

If  When I win a jackpot, my house(s) will be paid in full, I will have no outstanding debt, and I will have money in the bank or investments.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

United States
                            Member #142499
                            May 13, 2013
                            1183 Posts
                            Posted: June 4, 2016, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Edit:  Count me in as one who thot purse purchases were just a waste of money but I do not believe that $200k caused her downfall but was her choice, big deal.   I think it was that fiance/husband, he had $$ in his eyes.  Does anyone know what happened to him and his bugatti? 

Never in this lifetime would I ever buy a handbag $37k, I wont even buy one for $300, I think it is the most ridiculous ever.  I remember Bruce Makowsky had some pretty nice super buttery soft leather that first came out for $179, 6 months later that purse was going for $300, NO WAY.  NOW BM IS NO hermes or prada but I liked it for the leather and would never pay for some designers name, EVEN AS A LOTTERY WINNER.  I am to practical a person to do that.

Now a Bentley Continental Speed sedan is another story, lol.  I have seen brand new 2016 for under $200k and while it would be tempting, i am 50/50 on whether I count ld justify the purchase.  If I did give in, it would be a weak moment and a used vehicle a year or two old and the price range of$150k max.  It would have to be my white on white and I dont really think Bentleys come in stripped down models but I could be wrong.  On the second thought $150k is in all practical purposes, a HOUSE.

HOLY COW, taxes on her home were ridiculous, that was in a tract development.  No land to speak of and neighbors you could reach out and almost touch.   I would have expected some property, a long circular driveway, privacy and security fence, that house did not look like a $2.9 million or whatever property.  Either way, sad she lost her home.

I had a couple of Birkin bags picked out as a fantasy purchase. I firmly kept them in the realm of fantasy because I didn't think I could deal with the guilt of spending that much on a handbag. But in the last year I've changed. As long as I have all the financial safety nets in place, I'm going to buy whatever I want as long as it's within my budget. 

If a person wins the lottery and can't splurge on their (within their budget) fantasy items, what's the point in playing? 

Because here's the thing, I've seen very little evidence that windfall recipients go broke due to frivolous spending. They go broke because they feel obligated to blindly help family and friends. They go broke because they make poor investment choices. They go broke because of drug use, lawsuits, swindlers, misunderstanding of the tax codes, child/spousal support and business venture failings.

Bud Post is one of the very few >$15M winners who went broke by simply spending himself broke. He wasn't on drugs, didn't make any major investments, never started his own business. Just frivolously spent himself into destitution for no reason.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

United States
                              Member #142499
                              May 13, 2013
                              1183 Posts
                              Posted: June 4, 2016, 11:42 am - IP Logged

If I'm not mistaken, she mortgaged her home to use the money for her movie making venture.

If  When I win a jackpot, my house(s) will be paid in full, I will have no outstanding debt, and I will have money in the bank or investments.

Boy do I hope you're wrong.  Someone who banks $20 million should not think it's a financially good idea to mortgage a house in order to bankroll a business they know nothing about. Anyone who needs money badly enough to take out a mortgage on a primary residence that was already paid off should know they're on potentially shaky ground and should reassess.

Page 6 of 10