Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cynthia Stafford's Home In Foreclosure and Bentley For Sale

Topic closed. 142 replies. Last post 4 months ago by helpmewin.

Page 10 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
Member #391
June 8, 2002
16067 Posts
Posted: July 25, 2016, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Considering all the traveling celebrities must do for filming and product marketing, it would make almost no sense to buy a property they don't want. They want comfort, peace and security while there and will pay for accommodations that meet their requirements. Then they leave. I see no difference between that someone chartering a jet for $20k as opposed to either buying a $20 million jet or traveling commercial. Why deal with the headaches of commercial travel when you don't have to, but why blow millions on a jet you don't need or want permanently. 

As for Kanye, so far all I've seen is that he posted about being in debt. Until a celebrity actually files for bankruptcy protection, I'm not going to buy into them being broke. I remember Michael Jackson saying he was broke, yet when he died he left a multi-million dollar estate. Regular people broke and celebrity broke aren't necessarily the same thing.

As Chris Rock said, Bill Gates would probably kill himself if he woke up with Oprah Winfrey's money. Different degrees of wealth; different degrees of broke.

You nailed it...............

I Agree!

"Don't be a Dummy, Make 'Dat Money"

Mjwinsmith's Blog Page:   http://blogs.lotterypost.com/mjwinsmith/

"How to Play My Pick-4 System": https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/306450

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
    USA
    United States
    Member #152799
    February 25, 2014
    1092 Posts
    Posted: July 25, 2016, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

I think after winning a jackpot, than to lose it, I would not be a happy person.  I believe she lost her house, the cars and all of the toys, I would not be happy because I would be thinking about it everyday, I HAD IT ALL!

What she went through would be extremely tough for anyone to absorb. I agree that she did have it all and what how it played out is just another cautionary example for future winners not to follow. She can put on a happy face and claim family is what is most important but deep inside I bet she's hurting and in complete disbelief.

United States
      Member #164725
      March 12, 2015
      341 Posts
      Posted: July 25, 2016, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

I'm hoping that the Geffen Foundation has at least offered her a paying job doing community outreach or something. It wd give her an income and the status she craves. 

homestead
        United States
        Member #158182
        August 14, 2014
        132 Posts
        Posted: August 9, 2016, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

I'm hoping that the Geffen Foundation has at least offered her a paying job doing community outreach or something. It wd give her an income and the status she craves. 

I am still surprised that she didn't take the annuity option. This way, Cynthia would still have money coming in.

United States
          Member #145267
          August 1, 2013
          1511 Posts
          Posted: August 10, 2016, 10:42 am - IP Logged

I'm guessing but I think most people would take all the money at once, because they are not thinking that the money is going to be gone in 5 - 7 years.

United States
            Member #34931
            March 9, 2006
            98 Posts
            Posted: August 10, 2016, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Pathetically sad!  1/3 of the $67 million cash value is around $22.3 million.  No California lottery tax, but 2007 federal tax would have been around $7.8 million, leaving an after-tax balance of around $14.5 million.  Invest in something like VWEAX that provides monthly dividends, set aside an amount to pay estimated quarterly taxes, and budget the balance accordingly.  Just not all that complicated!

larry3100's avatar - larry icon2.jpg
              Redwood City,California
              United States
              Member #70503
              February 3, 2009
              200 Posts
              Posted: August 10, 2016, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

Cynthia Stafford thought she was a billionaire. She was giving away $millions and buying things she didn't need. How dumb.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19819 Posts
                Posted: August 10, 2016, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Cynthia Stafford thought she was a billionaire. She was giving away $millions and buying things she didn't need. How dumb.

LOVE is Blind Love

Let it Snow Snowman

Page 10 of 10