Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cynthia Stafford's Home In Foreclosure and Bentley For Sale

Topic closed. 142 replies. Last post 4 months ago by helpmewin.

Page 7 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #170707
December 13, 2015
185 Posts
Posted: June 4, 2016, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Hmm. I wonder. 

Since Cynthia enjoys doing interviews I wonder if she'd agree to be interviewed by Todd. Not in a witchhunt manner, but I'd like her to be asked real questions. Her Marie Claire magazine  interview is a total sham.

United States
    Member #106134
    February 13, 2011
    806 Posts
    Posted: June 5, 2016, 7:56 am - IP Logged

If she's broke, why doesn't she just win again?

She's from the right demographic that wins all the time anyway.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
      Member #142499
      May 13, 2013
      1183 Posts
      Posted: June 6, 2016, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Hermes Birkin bags can sell for almost $200,000 if you go for the tricked out ones with diamonds and exotic skins.

So its my guess she spent the 37k on a Birkin??

The problem with Cynthia was that she was spending like a billionaire with a millionaire budget.

But she seems like a very sweet person I have to say.

I thought you'd find this interesting. With all the talk about handbags, this one handbag costs more than Cynthia's entire bag collection. Now that's saying something. 

Birkin bag sold at auction for...ready?

Drumroll please Drum....

US$300,000 

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/most-expensive-handbag-birkin-christies?mbid=nl_060616_Weekly&CNDID=16019619&spMailingID=9020758&spUserID=MTA5OTI5ODk2ODMxS0&spJobID=940578403&spReportId=OTQwNTc4NDAzS0

MsLottery's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        0% State Tax State
        United States
        Member #172909
        February 9, 2016
        16 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2016, 11:13 am - IP Logged

That is not her boyfriend. That is her brother.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
          USA
          United States
          Member #152799
          February 25, 2014
          1092 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2016, 11:24 am - IP Logged

That is not her boyfriend. That is her brother.

Are you referring to the guy named "hot Sauce" or someone else?

MsLottery's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
            0% State Tax State
            United States
            Member #172909
            February 9, 2016
            16 Posts
            Posted: July 4, 2016, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Are you referring to the guy named "hot Sauce" or someone else?

No, not even close. You are referring to another lottery winner's boyfriend on a different side of the country. Cynthia Stafford's boyfriend is Lanre Idewu. The picture the previous poster put up is not Cynthia Stafford's boyfriend; it's her brother.

South Carolina
              United States
              Member #18322
              July 9, 2005
              1704 Posts
              Posted: July 4, 2016, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Hmm. I wonder. 

Since Cynthia enjoys doing interviews I wonder if she'd agree to be interviewed by Todd. Not in a witchhunt manner, but I'd like her to be asked real questions. Her Marie Claire magazine  interview is a total sham.

This is a Good Idea !!!  >>> for TODD to Interview Cynthia Stafford for LP, regarding WHAT LIFE LESSONS she learned in the aftermath of winning $112 Million in the lottery in 2007 and ending up Bankrupt in 2016.

mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
                Member #391
                June 8, 2002
                16066 Posts
                Posted: July 4, 2016, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

No one in their right mind makes mortgage payments on a million dollar home !!! If you can't afford to pay cash for a million dollar home, you don't buy the home !!! Duh !!! Bash   Confused

The only large payment she should have had on a million dollar cash home, was property insurance, property taxes, and normal monthly living expenses associated with the home. 

So according  to YOUR logic everyone in America that takes out a mortgage for a home is an idiot ??

After the housing crisis in America many people lost their homes because the Banks gave them easy access to money that they should not have been given under normal circumstances.

Many people with good jobs or good incomes take out mortgages, depending on what happens in life, unexpected medical issues or a whole host of things can come your way that knocks you out of the park.

A home is a good way to build up assets or cash while having a place to stay, it's a great investment, as a matter of fact the best investment for middle income people or just the average Joe to accumulate wealth.

No one who is paying a mortgage paid CA$H, else they wouldn't go to a Bank to get a mortgage, DUH!

~Michael

"Don't be a Dummy, Make 'Dat Money"

Mjwinsmith's Blog Page:   http://blogs.lotterypost.com/mjwinsmith/

"How to Play My Pick-4 System": https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/306450

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                  Member #106923
                  February 27, 2011
                  478 Posts
                  Posted: July 4, 2016, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

So according  to YOUR logic everyone in America that takes out a mortgage for a home is an idiot ??

After the housing crisis in America many people lost their homes because the Banks gave them easy access to money that they should not have been given under normal circumstances.

Many people with good jobs or good incomes take out mortgages, depending on what happens in life, unexpected medical issues or a whole host of things can come your way that knocks you out of the park.

A home is a good way to build up assets or cash while having a place to stay, it's a great investment, as a matter of fact the best investment for middle income people or just the average Joe to accumulate wealth.

No one who is paying a mortgage paid CA$H, else they wouldn't go to a Bank to get a mortgage, DUH!

~Michael

I believe the point destinyc was making is the fact of; if you win so much money why would you not pay for your million dollar home with cash, thereby saving yourself $35,000 a year in interest.  Some would say a person should do the mortgage and invest the money to make more than the interest cost, but the risk is venture failure, thus loss of home. 

I also do not believe DC was addressing the reasoning behind failed mortgages, just the logic of having the money (as Cynthia did) and being able to not have a mortgage, yet still opting to have one.  There is of course the possibility she did pay cash, was running low on funds, and thereby mortgaged the property, and ultimately again ran out of funds.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
                    Member #391
                    June 8, 2002
                    16066 Posts
                    Posted: July 4, 2016, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

I believe the point destinyc was making is the fact of; if you win so much money why would you not pay for your million dollar home with cash, thereby saving yourself $35,000 a year in interest.  Some would say a person should do the mortgage and invest the money to make more than the interest cost, but the risk is venture failure, thus loss of home. 

I also do not believe DC was addressing the reasoning behind failed mortgages, just the logic of having the money (as Cynthia did) and being able to not have a mortgage, yet still opting to have one.  There is of course the possibility she did pay cash, was running low on funds, and thereby mortgaged the property, and ultimately again ran out of funds.

Read the quote, take out the word million and  substitute any amount you want, the basis is the same. If you can't afford to pay cash for a home then don't buy it.

That is nonsensical which is the point I am making.

"Don't be a Dummy, Make 'Dat Money"

Mjwinsmith's Blog Page:   http://blogs.lotterypost.com/mjwinsmith/

"How to Play My Pick-4 System": https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/306450

United States
                      Member #149820
                      December 9, 2013
                      644 Posts
                      Posted: July 4, 2016, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

If she's broke, why doesn't she just win again?

She's from the right demographic that wins all the time anyway.

What demographic is that exactly??? Cause since it's random...the only demographic I see winning is the ones buying tickets, and they come from ALL walks of life 

South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #18322
                        July 9, 2005
                        1704 Posts
                        Posted: July 4, 2016, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

~Michael

No one who wins $112 Million in a lottery should be taking out a mortgage on a $3 Million dollar home !!!  Duh !!!  Dead

My original comment had nothing whatsoever to do with  Middle Class Americans, a perceived housing crisis in America or building up assets in some manner.  In my opinion, unnecessary mortgages are NOT a good or wise investment !!!

Cynthia Stafford was elevated from "middle class" to "wealthy class", when she won $112M, however she did not remain in her new socio-economic status for very long, b/c her mind set for managing money apparently did not change.

South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #18322
                          July 9, 2005
                          1704 Posts
                          Posted: July 4, 2016, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Read the quote, take out the word million and  substitute any amount you want, the basis is the same. If you can't afford to pay cash for a home then don't buy it.

"take out the word million " ......

"If you can't afford to pay cash for a home then don't buy it."

This is NOT the point that I am making !!!

The point that I am making is that she could afford to pay cash [$112M] for a $3M home.  No mortgage required !!!

People who cannot afford to pay cash for a home obviously have to take out a mortgage.  This covers the majority of Americans.  And then we work the rest of our lives [20 - 30 years] to pay off the mortgage , when we would rather NOT !!!

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                            Member #106923
                            February 27, 2011
                            478 Posts
                            Posted: July 4, 2016, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

I do not believe DC is talking about the average Joe or Jane.  It is the person who has tens, or hundreds, of millions of dollars.  The theory being stated, if you have that amount of cash you shouldn't require a mortgage.  So yes the word million is necessary and not able to be substituted in this instance.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

South Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #18322
                              July 9, 2005
                              1704 Posts
                              Posted: July 4, 2016, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

BTW, a $3 Million dollar home is considered inexpensive in California [CHEAP actually] !!!  This is a starter home for most "lower class wealthy people".  By "lower class", I mean those at the bottom of the wealth totem pole. By California standards, "wealth" or "comfort" starts at $1 Million [lower] and goes upward +++.

I lived in California for 10 years.

Anything beneath $1M is still "Middle Class". 

You can still be comfortable enough living in a middle class $800,000 home.

Perhaps Ms. Stafford should have purchased a middle class home for Cash, with NO mortgage.

Page 7 of 10